Old 10-25-2011, 02:09 PM   #1  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

Default weird feeling...

my husband hid our scale (at my asking) so I wasn't able to weigh myself this morning.... it felt really weird and kind of unnerving not being able to do it... I have been doing it for so long it has become habit!

please tell me it will get easier!?

came across this on FB today.... thought I would share cause it is so very true!

Last edited by Mom3LoveBugs; 10-25-2011 at 02:12 PM.
Mom3LoveBugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Yes it will, mine has been away for almost 5 months. I have gone two weeks without a scale (traveling so I missed a WI). This will happen again for the next two weeks starting tomorrow.

Chin up! it's less stress in the long run and sometimes you can hold your weight when you stress about it...
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:13 PM   #3  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs View Post
my husband hid our scale (at my asking) so I wasn't able to weigh myself this morning.... it felt really weird and kind of unnerving not being able to do it... I have been doing it for so long it has become habit!

please tell me it will get easier!?
Yes it sure will!!

We bought a new scale and I don't even use it. My hubby and daughter do but I've stayed away from it.
YvetteSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:29 PM   #4  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

thank you!

I am just so used to it that this morning it felt like I was missing something, know what I mean?

anyways, regardless what the damn scale says right now, I feel great and that is what matters!
Mom3LoveBugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

And the best news is you will lose weight in spite of not knowing what the numbers say. Go by what your clothes feel like, and that's a lot less stressful too.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:27 AM   #6  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

I don't know...

In no way I want to be the bad girl telling you otherwise than what everybody is saying, I just want to tell you about my own personal experience.

My official weigh-in is on a Thursday since this was the day I started IP. Last week I decided to weigh myself only once a week unlike what I used to do, weighing myself everyday. So... the days passed by until today (which is only one day away from Thursday) and I couldn't wait any longer so I weighed myself to discover that I haven't lost anything yet. I felt terrible that I waited this long to weigh myself in and I felt that this strategy does not work for me, I am not advising anybody to weigh themselves everyday, again I am just saying that not weighing myself everyday did not work for me, it was agonising, not gratifying at all and so not worth the wait.

It is what I felt, and I decided to go back to weigh myself in first thing in the morning as I always used to, it worked well for me before, I tried something different and I did not like it, so... I guess we should do whatever works best for us.

I really hope that nobody would take me in a way that I am being a rebel advocating to do what does not seem to be the right thing to do for many.
sandralosingweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: h252/s244.8/213.8/g165

Height: 5' 2"

I think you have to find what works best for you. I agree obsessing over the scale everyday is not healthy for anyone and will cause more stress than good. For myself, I check my weight every other morning. This helps me to monitor my progress and if the number isn't going down or hasn't moved, than I can make the necessary adjustments. My fiance tends to weigh himself every morning and freaks out over the number. I'm trying to get him to catch onto my method just so he doesn't drive himself (and me!) crazy. It's crazy how we let those numbers define us, but I don't think there is anything wrong with monitoring within reason. Good luck to all on finding what works best for you!
misswinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

I agree. Do what ever you are comfortable with. If you are comfortable with everyday then go for it. If you are weighing yourself everyday and totally stressing over it, then put your scale away. Personally I can kinda tell when I've lost weight. For whatever reason I can just feel it and so I step on the scale on those days only. I'm not always right, but 8 out of 10 times I am.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:42 AM   #9  
Start WW 360 Jan 31, 2013

S/C/G: (H255.5)s208.4/c198.2/g175

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by misswinter View Post
I think you have to find what works best for you. I agree obsessing over the scale everyday is not healthy for anyone and will cause more stress than good. For myself, I check my weight every other morning. This helps me to monitor my progress and if the number isn't going down or hasn't moved, than I can make the necessary adjustments. My fiance tends to weigh himself every morning and freaks out over the number. I'm trying to get him to catch onto my method just so he doesn't drive himself (and me!) crazy. It's crazy how we let those numbers define us, but I don't think there is anything wrong with monitoring within reason. Good luck to all on finding what works best for you!
Hi Misswinter, when I read your post it sounded like our house. I was only weighing once a week, then slowed down in my weight loss and started weighing everyday, but that was stressing me out with the daily ups and downs on the scale so have now switched to every other day. I find this less stressful for me. My DH on the other hand will sometimes weigh several times a day, more than once a day if the numbers are higher than what he wants to see it at in the morning. I always bug him that I thought us woman were more obsessed with the scale than men. He has lost 50 pounds on IP and is on maintenance, and thinks he needs to weigh daily to keep accountability. Everyone has to do what works best for them, and this is what works for him. I hope someday I can go back to weekly weigh ins for myself. I also noticed we are very similar on all our weight numbers. Good luck to you, IP is a great program
grannyto2bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:05 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 276/270/185

Height: 5'8''

mom3luvbugs...I LOVE that pic!! It is so true!!

I weigh every day (usually). I don't get stressed by it, but I feel like I can be more accountable by doing it daily. I guess it's really just a habit. I just like to know every morning. Everybody is different though.
rbtemplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:29 PM   #11  

S/C/G: h252/s244.8/213.8/g165

Height: 5' 2"

2011weightbegone - good luck to you as well! I'll be so thrilled once I'm in the 100's!
misswinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:29 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 197/173/150

Height: 5'6

That scale pic is great!
leesa88210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:23 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 246/175.5/165

Height: 5'8"

I weigh every day too - I guess it's just for peace of mind. It's probably obsessive, but I can't imagine going to work in the morning not knowing if I've lost anything.

To top it off the scale at my clinic is totally different, so it's not even accurate!

I think it's just habit at this point...
RedheadedGardenLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:30 PM   #14  
Empress/Queen

I think it is just a personal thing. There is always so much conflicting sentiment about whether to weight every day versus once a week versus throwing away the scale altogether lol.

For me what works is one official weigh-in a week on the same day at the same time with the option to change that day now and then. Sometimes I hop on during the week but it's not official and I discard that data.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote