Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2003, 07:35 AM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia #87

Ok-we won't have to press so many buttons. I need to get the new book-I must be doing it wrong because I am not losing like in the beginning. But I was eating too much at night. I don't have cramps in my legs-the muscles are all bound up but I did some stretching last night. Going for a walk with my aunt today-and lunch-Walking on the beach, Joanne-way to go. I forgot what I wanted to respond to and it's on the other page!!!!I have been doing so much bookwork for the business it's a wonder I can remember anything. Bye for now Mima
Old 02-06-2003, 10:27 AM   #2  

I'm just on my way to bed and needed to pop in on hear to see what was going on. Got a great meal in the crock to nite,Turkey breast mushroom soup and dressing(added apples mushrooms,cornbread , and celery to it for an extra crunch)! Hope it turns out good! I will let you know....The dressing is only 2 pts a half cup and the turkey 2 pts for 3 oz. We will have green beens with it and a salad so no pts there! Then my choc banana pudding with cool whip (ff) and nuts (pecans toasted and chopped) on top for dessert 3pts there too.

So what are you all up to...got my sons room done and am pooped! 9 hours on Monday cleaning..moving furniture washing walls sweeping ,packing up boxes..you name it we did it! OUCH!

Not sure when he is moving in but it is ready for him now.......Well as ready as it will ever be!
Old 02-07-2003, 08:00 AM   #3  

Delicious Candice-wow, that room must look great, maybe he won't move in and you'll end up with a clean room to spare. Snowing again. Hey , my cousin with fibro starting taking 500 mg of magnesium for 2 weeks and says she feels great. Anyone else try this. Still working on my husband's business stuff . I make out a bill and then he changes it-Yaaaaaaa!!!!!He's a sweeties though-right now he's taking out all the rubbish while I'm on the computer. Down 1 and a haf lbs. more-3 in all in 2 weeks -good for me who loses weight slowly!!!Bye for now. Mima
Old 02-07-2003, 11:19 AM   #4  

Default Hey There

I wondered why I wasn't getting mail from the site..Guess what!!
I went to a Tops meeting last night. I really liked the time spent there. I joined,although, I am still going to stay with the WW program. I didn't walk yesterday and just may not today. I woke up with vertigo and so I will probably spend most of the day sitting. I haven't had this in a long time. If it isn't one thing it is two.
Happy. Good idea putting Turkey breast in crock pot. I will try that sometime. I used to see turkey breast pieces in the meat counter. I will have to look for them again.
I was at my daughters a couple weeks ago and when I left she filled a cooler with beef for me. We don't eat beef more than about once a month,so, it will last me a long time. They have a cattle ranch.
Hello all. Bye, Joanne
Old 02-07-2003, 11:58 AM   #5  

Hi All:

I don't know if this message will take so I am going to make it short. Just wanted to say "Hi".

Freddie (who has gotten back to KOPS goal for the second time in a half year)

My chapter had to pay for me for the second time now in becoming a KOPS. The treasurer told me to keep it off this time!!!!! Our treasury is low.
Old 02-07-2003, 06:52 PM   #6  

Default Hey There

Everybody is quiet. I hope you are well... Joanne
Old 02-08-2003, 02:43 AM   #7  

Anybody heard about the "Wendie Plan" for use with WW? I just read about it in Woman's World magazine tonight. Sounds interesting. You basically eat the same amount of points each week but you vary them from day to day so you're not eating like 22 points every day. You eat low one day and higer the next then lower then a lot higher then lower again, etc. It came about from a woman named Wendie...she has a message board...here is the plan if anyone is interested.

http://vmcdonnell.net/plats/wp.html

And here is the message board:

http://pub70.************/flightenup78347frm4

I got a call from my Dr. office today...they can't even get the NEW medicine that was supposed to replace my gold shots now...it's been back ordered since last October! Dr. at Vanderbilt in Nashville called me in some pills...the side effects are mind boggling!!! With all the changes they are making in my meds. I probably won't even be able to function before long! I'm barely functioning now!!!

I have Ross this weekend. Snowed here last night so he didn't go to school today. His parents are out of town this weekend so I got him this morning and will have him until Sunday afternoon. Jenna (his 3 yr. old sister) is staying with their other grandparents - (they can't handle Ross for more than one night!!!)

I gotta do something to get some of this weight off but, frankly Scarlett...you know the rest! I guess it's the meds. and being tired all the time but it's just so hard to think about dieting right now! At least I'm not gaining!!! I lost 10 pounds right before Christmas and so far I've kept it off. But...I need to lose about 30 or 40 more! I'm thinking...maybe...next week I MIGHT try the up one day and down the next eating system. Can't hurt to try and that way if I'm feeling really bad and need to eat out a couple of nights I can use those as my HIGHER point days! I just really REALLY HATE counting those points. There's a bunch of WW sites on the internet...more than I thought...here's a page of links: http://www.stormpc.com/ww/ It has an easy point calculator on the bottom of the page, too.

It's nearly 2 a.m. ... gotta go to sleep ... Ross will be up in about 4 hrs!!!

Last edited by MemeToo; 02-08-2003 at 02:46 AM.
Old 02-08-2003, 08:14 AM   #8  

I'm going to get the magnesium today.And go to the health store and get some more low carb products. I had some great cereal this am -3 carbs!!!!!Front door is frozen again!!!!I cleaned the den yesterday-what an awesome job I did~~~~Plus set up the bookKeeping system for the business. I keep telling Brad he should pay me!!!But then we would have to pay taxes on it. Stay calm everyone and healthy. Mima
Old 02-09-2003, 01:47 AM   #9  

Angry Hi

Well, it is snowing and I am chilly today. Have had a really BAD week, with eating. I have had fatigue, because I have been adding too many carbs back into my diet, and then I just crave more. I hate being tired, so of course, I have been eating them. I stayed pretty much on the low carbs today, and did ok. The fatigue was better. Now, wish me luck for tomorrow! I CAN DO THIS!! I CAN DO THIS!!!!!!

Meme - I think that the change in diet will work. It is kind of like the meds we take. When the body gets used to them, then you have to increase them. Seems like food is the same way. I remember years ago, when I was on ww, eating Easter Dinner, dessert and all, and losing weight at the next weigh in. Give it a try, after all what do you have to lose but a few pounds

Mima - Ask for a paycheck. It is income for you and a deduction for the business. That can only help.

Candice - Is the boy home yet? Maybe he will change his mind and stay with his brother, and then you will have a nice room already to use for whatever.

Joanne - Just take it easy with the knee. I hate to hear when you are in pain. Keep going to TOPS. You get to pick your own diet don't you? It is just a support group for weightloss on any diet, isn't it?

Ally - Have boys locked you up? Where are you?

Freddie - Nice to see you. Hope you are keeping well.

Marlene - where did you get to? Hope you are still having success.
Old 02-09-2003, 07:55 AM   #10  

Good morning-it's going to be reasonably warm today before the next storm. On our way to Sunday school and church. I got some Atkins bread -3 cabs-$5.25-I'm used to paying a lot for my bread and it's worth it-I had a half od a sandwich yesterday-I'm losing very slowly but I am losing and no cravings-I also started on the magnesium yesterday. I think I'm having my reward meal at the Chinese restaurant tonight. Yeah-Ally where are you. Hope everyon efeels good today. This diet is work so I can see why it's easy to go off it. But I now have bread, pancake mix, baking mix, and 2 kinds of cereal. It helps. Bye for now. Mima
Old 02-09-2003, 10:23 AM   #11  

Default Hey There

Happy -Tops is a support group. My sister is their leader so it made it easier to go there. I have tried to be good this week but so far the scale is the same . It is really hard for me to lose weight.
I walked again yesterday .It isn't the knee that is giving me grief right now. It is my lower back. I don't expect to do much today unless the weather clears and the pain lets up. `It isn't raining all that much,but, is dark and dreary. Good reading weather.
Stay warm everybody.See you later...Joanne
Old 02-09-2003, 04:39 PM   #12  

No Happy...my boys didn't lock me up but I would like to lock them somewhere. One of my son's and I had a huge fight today and he packed his stuff in grocery bags and said he's outta here. That will last a week.
I them cleaned my carpets and cried.
Did anyone see the movie About Schmidt? I tell you, it put me in a down mood.
I also ate two bowls of ice cream last nite.
Still talking to a couple of internet guys. Good for the ego but they both live really far away.
Old 02-09-2003, 05:33 PM   #13  

Angry Ally

You never know what the net will bring. Two of my daughters friends joined a dating thing on the net, one has now been married for 4 years and the other is getting married in Sept. It does work and I wish you luck.
Old 02-10-2003, 08:05 AM   #14  

Good morning-I got 2 books yesterday, The Lifespan book by the Heller's and Atkins-but I bought Atkins because I ripped the page while I was thumbing through it. I have been doing the diet wrong-no wonder the scale doesn't move. I was going by the first book-well, I know how to maintain. It's going to be cold all week-Ally-I remember those tumultuous days with my son. He's going to be 28 now and calls me when he needs to whine. He needs his mommy!!!So does my daughter but my oldest is always positive. They took care of a CP child this weekend who was planning on how she could come and live with them . They took 3 kids in wheelchairs to church and the baby-2 cars!!!!!How do they do that? Course,my son helps out. Just ate strawberry cream low carb cereal. I think it give s me hot flashes. Bye for now Mima
Old 02-10-2003, 09:54 AM   #15  

Sounds like you gals are keeping pretty busy......... I have a sore throat now from all the cleaning so am trying to rest as much as I can..still cook and do laundry..He is sitll not here yet next week I think. It is still a pain for him to be living here! My family still thinks I am "normal" and I am not! Gotta still get afew things out of his room before he moves in too.

My meal was great but I forgot to spray the crockpot so everything stuck to the sides!!!!!!!!!!! Very good though.!

Meme.....do you live in the Smokies...my niece is having a wedding there July 31 -Aug2 She says the cabin is the Divine Winds at yourcabin.com. But I can't find it! She lives in Nashville.
Closed Thread