100 lb. Club - what is it with clothing sizes?

View Full Version : what is it with clothing sizes?

suzie76
02-05-2003, 10:13 PM
Why do clothing manufacturers play with our heads?

I have several pairs of pants which fit differently:

Riders jeans from Kmart in size 26 that are hanging off my waist :)

two pairs of pants from Target in size 22 which fit very nicely :) (massimo brand)

And three pairs of pants from Walmart that I bought at my highest weight (256) Now I'm down to 237, and they're not any looser-and they're size 26!

I just don't get it!

Sherry

Sheila53
02-05-2003, 10:25 PM
Well, I was thinking about getting some new jeans, and now I know where to go--it's Target for me and I'll definitely stay way from Wal-Mart!

It is strange, isn't it? I know that in higher end stores (like Nordstroms--that's a big one in my town), I can fit in much smaller sizes. It's a great ego boost!

Step
02-05-2003, 11:22 PM
I hear you ... I have a pair of jeans that I refuse to throw out. Size 12! :eek: I was trying on jeans many,many years ago, when I was about 150 pounds and wearing 16 most of the time with an occassional 14. I was at Marshalls, I brought about 6 pairs into the dressing room. I put these on and they were 'ok' ... I took them off and as I put them on the hanger, I saw that I had accidentally picked up a SIZE 12 and that was it, I HAD to have them -- lol.

gbo
02-06-2003, 01:53 AM
Old stock and new stock of clothing really complicates this problem as the manufacturers have decided to mark what was size 8 to size four in order to make women feel better!!!! A good way to make us more confused than we already are. Every brand is different and now this!!! Just what we needed. LOL
Pam