Simply Filling/Core - Weekly Chat: Core/Simply Filling: Oct. 24-30

Tejas
10-24-2011, 09:58 AM
:grouphug:

New Pages, everyone!

ontarget
10-24-2011, 11:07 AM
Rhonda, thank you for the new pages.

I'm sick with a cold/sore throat, or maybe it's just allergies. Whatever it is, I don't like it. That said--I am dusted and am planning for a good day on program.

Have a Marvelous Monday, everyone!

beach bum
10-24-2011, 11:57 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Called the doctor office where I had to leave a message for the nurse,about my stress test. Once I heard from her I will be able to get the ball moving. Now I have to wait for the plumber to take care of my home watering filter system.

Other wise nothing is new,except I heard a big thump,and than another, that woke me up this morning.I thought a racoons was in my garbage but that wasn't the case.Have no idea what happened. Hope one of the small critters didn't get into my chimney or basement window well.

RHONDA-:thanks: for the new pages,hope you have nice day.

SANDRA- Sorry your ill :getwell: and not feeling well. I hate sore throats as they always lead to something else.Feel better soon.

Have a great day

nancy237
10-24-2011, 04:15 PM
I feel rotten today with a bad head cold. I got up about 10 and moved to the couch.. When I skip my morning coffee I know I am really sick. I just plan to sleep all day and maybe watch a movie.

ontarget
10-24-2011, 07:46 PM
I think my problem is allergies. I'm going to get a shot tomorrow if the doctor will stick me.

Nancy, drink some OJ. I hope you get to feeling better quickly.

Maryann, wonder what made the noise??

Tejas
10-24-2011, 09:04 PM
Ok, we've probably had this exchange before, but nasal lavage does wonders for head colds and sinusitis.

I've been busy today...tap practice, gym, planting bushes and plants in the front yard, hoping they will settle in before it gets cold.

jojo23
10-25-2011, 04:00 AM
I'm back. My mum has been returned to the home. She is very frail and not eating but it's nice to have her safe and back where they know her. I have gained 3lbs, mainly through all the convenience foods, takeaways and bacon sandwhiches I have eaten. Going to the hospital, in another town, twice a day really disturbed our routine.
I got to my diet group last night, they still remembered me, and asked who had paid the ransom money:D I had a 1:1 with the dietician (she is calling to see my mum today to try and kickstart her eating) She thinks I'm doing OK but wants me to up my carbs (quite!) and concentrate on low... not no... fat. She has given me the Rosemary Conley recipe book and another Conley book on how to eat the low fat way. Although we have cut down our fat intake, this book gives loads of advice in a no nonsense way. We are both starting it this morning.
Sorry about the colds Sandra and Nancy, but hopefully you will have got them over and donewith early on in the winter and have a good resistance.

What ever was that noise Maryann? Did you find out?

Anyone who has any advice and suggestions about eating the Conley way, please let me know

nancy237
10-25-2011, 09:52 AM
Just got back from having my blood drawn at the Dr for my physical next week. This Dr likes it before the appointment so he has the results to discuss. Last year I cheated and had coffee before my fasting blood work and my sugar was borderline & I had to have more bloodwork 2 months later. I learned my lesson & didn't cheat this year.

Since 1997 when I was divorced I have been scheduling holiday stuff around when I had the kids & then for the last 10 years we have tried to arrange around all 4 kids schedules. Robin and I had already decided it was time to begin a set schedule & stick with it.
So this is what I am thinking.... doing a turkey feast on Thanksgiving day(before we did it early or late to accomadate everyone) and Christmas Dinner on the 25th.. On Christmas morning we will have a fun breakfast . On Christmas Eve I am going to have appetizer type food and invite friends to stop by at any time.
Then Christmas Eve church service late.

I'd love to know everyones traditions because I am still deciding.

beach bum
10-25-2011, 11:21 AM

Still haven't heard from the doctor. The nurse told me that it takes a few days before the report of the stress test come in to my reg doctor. But in the mean tine I can breath at night and I need something to take instead of the nasal sprays. I called Zicam and they told me that I have to stop for 7 days before starting the sprays again. I'm really getting frustrated.

SANDRA-Hope you cold get better.I went out doors on my patio and I didn't see anything. This morning it was quite again. Must have been a animal of some kind trying to get indoors and we started to get colder weather.

NANCY-Hope your feeling better this morning. I Think it has to do with the temps that are changing form season to season along with schools starting again lots of germs are around..

RHONDA-What is Nasal Lavage, never heard of that doesn't it really work for the sinuses. I just called the NOSE,EYES & THROAT doctor and I can't see him until 11/9[ new patient day] Hope my doctor can give me something for my sinuses.

JOJO-No never found out what the noise was. We have a lots of wild animals in our neighborhood as we have woods in back and in front of out complex.

Have go go and get my laundry done have a great day.

jojo23
10-25-2011, 12:30 PM
On my first visit to the USA and Canada, I had never heard of a skunk, let alone what one did. We were visiting a friend and as we were leaving to go home I saw a skunk in the garden. 'Oh isn't that little animal unusual' I said as I moved towards it, not realizing everyone else was going in the opposite direction and travelling at a pace Michael Johnson couldn't have beaten. The skunk spun around and let me have it... a lot. They made me sit in the back of the car on the way home and keep all the windows open:rofl::crazy:

beach bum
10-25-2011, 12:49 PM
OH!!! JOJO that is funny,how long did the smell stay on you.????We had a skunk in our basement window well and it stunk was all over the back yard my next door neighbor at the time searched the whole building complex and he finally found it dead in the window well. Once we got rid of it,the smell lingered for a few days before it was gone. Never had the varmint ever spray me,and hope I never will.

ontarget
10-25-2011, 04:22 PM
:eek: JoJo, didn't realize you had no "pole cats" over there. They are all around where we live. This is the time of year (breeding season) when the males are extremely mobile. We saw several "roadkill" on our 10 miles into town.

Nancy, Curtis and I have lived holidays much like you and Robin--maybe more so. We are always sort of "fitted between" events with the rest of the family. Before Curtis and I got married (1999), my mother and I spent many many holidays just the 2 of us. I admire you for setting your schedule and hope your kids come through for you.

Tejas
10-25-2011, 05:59 PM
Poor Jojo!!! We learn very early to stay away from black and white "cats."

Maryann, nasal lavage is simply squirting warm water saline solution up one nostril, then the other. It DOES clear the sinuses but some people find it gross. I never did it until I moved here which has some of the worst allergens and pollutants in the country. Anything that works isn't gross in my view.

My holiday plans are in flux. I have held a Thanksgiving dinner at my house the two years we have been here, but this year we are going to my niece's mother's house. I'm thinking that I might have a Solstice dinner since people want to be with their families of origin on Christmas Day. Mine is either dead or incapacitated, and DH's is fragmented. Last year we did go to his grandkids' house to watch them open presents.

In the years after my mother died (1995) and I quit leaving Toronto to go to Texas for Christmas, I often held a Solstice party and had Christmas dinner at a friend's house. Or, I would have a New Year's Day late lunch at my house. In Toronto, Boxing Day (26th) was a big day so that also gave time for more parties.

pam920
10-26-2011, 10:23 AM
morning chicks.

jojo, good to see you back and I know it's a relief to have your mom back at the home. Very funny about your skunk episode. I had 2 neighbors that had them as pets. They had their odor sacks removed. Not sure what they are called.

Maryann and Sandra, sorry about your sinuses. I am bothered with them when the seasons change.

Now that we are in FL, I will cook the two of us a small meal with the works. We are not going back to KY for the holidays. I suggested my daughter and family make the trip down to FL for Christmas. It's too hard on us to make that long trip if we don't have to.

ontarget
10-26-2011, 12:04 PM
Good morning. I have a pan of chicken/dressing in the oven. Did ya'll get me to thinking of that or what? The shot worked. I'm feeling like my old feisty self again. Life is good.

Ya'll have a Wickedly Wonderful Wednesday.

beach bum
10-26-2011, 01:54 PM
Hi Ladies:)

After waking up late again, I had a lot of errands to run before going out with my friend Mary to Soprano's for her birthday.

It looks like rain but it better than snow that the poor people in Colorado have to deal with today.

RHONDA-I think its something that Leo had to do with the saline solution. But I really don't remember how do you spray it up your nasal passages??????

PAM-I had that too with the change of the seasons but now I don't know what triggering my sinuses.

SANDRA -I'm not cooking like I used to any more I'm now buying L/C froz entrees or ready to heat up chicken or fish from the frozen dept.My friend told me that its natural now that I'm cooking just for yourself. Or will I start again once I feel better with this breathing crisis.

Have to go, have a great day, getting ready for birthday dinner.

nancy237
10-26-2011, 02:24 PM
MARYANN

I always figure that the lean cuisines are better than fast food. Sometimes you are just not up to cooking. If you add in some fresh fruit or salad its even better.

Sandra.. I know...I am craving turkey now ...
What shot did you get ..missed that.. Glad it helped

Jojo
Glad your mom is back to the home & settled . My aunt has advanced dementia and is back with my cousin at her house. The days are going well but she isn't sleeping which is wearing my cousin out. I have been contagious but will help her out as soon as this cold passes.

Working on the family tree has already paid off. I have been back in touch with a cousin that I was close to until we were about 10 when the family split over adult issues. We even favor each other. We are planning to get together soon .

I think I need to rely less on the kids at the holidays. Have my meals and invite friends also..Then one year if no kids make it home I will not be as lost. I hope one day I have tons of kids & grandkids coming home for the holidays .

ems81wales
10-26-2011, 03:50 PM
hey everyone hope your all well?

Im good busy with uni and went to london for a few days. I have a scan and pre op assessment next month hopefully il get some answers finally xxxx

Tejas
10-26-2011, 07:09 PM
Ems, what did I miss. Answers about what?

Maryann, there is a squeeze bottle for the nasal lavage. You simply put the tip of the bottle in a nostril and squeeze the bottle gently. The saline goes into your sinus and out the other nostril. Easy peasy! And, effective.

My nephew came over and worked in the yard yesterday. Did I say that already. It's looking really good. We are expecting major thunderstorms tonight and/or tomorrow.

ontarget
10-26-2011, 10:36 PM
Nancy, I got a steroid shot for allergies.

Rhonda, we have our flashlight handy just in case.

Ems, I missed something here. What tests?

Maryann, LC's are good. I could live on them, too.

nancy237
10-26-2011, 11:33 PM
Maryann..
LC has a new spa variety of meals that are good and Kaishi makes a good frozen meal also..

ems81wales
10-27-2011, 07:27 AM
sorry i thought i said before they think i have endermitrosis iv been trying to get answers for over a year now and only had one can and a few examinations but they are sending me for a laparoscopy to see if anything is going on in there and if i have endermitriosis. xxx

Vickie
10-27-2011, 11:21 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I feel like I've been running like crazy and absent from here forever. I've been ready and trying to keep up but I haven't had a moment to post.

beach bum
10-27-2011, 11:52 AM

Its going to be rainy windy and cold today so I thinking staying in,except to go to the pharmacist to get the saline solution for bed time. Tomorrow my friend Rita and I are going to the October fest a the senior center. They talking about snow flurries than. I guess the nice day up here on the Cape are changing into wintry ones.

NANCY- I used to love looking into cookbooks and cooking main meals .I used to use the L/C entrees lonely once in a while but now that I'm not feeling well I rely on them more. adding fruit or salads is a good idea thanks for the suggestion. I have to look for the Kaishi entrees also.

RHONDA- Thanks so much for telling me about the nasal lavage come in a spray I remember Leo taking the saline solution where you had to mix ingredients. Is that the brand name or whats in it????????

SANDRA-I like L/C and Smart Ones from WW but my sister into Healthy Choice ,which I don't care for.

Have to go and get dressed so I can get out before the heavy rains come.

Tejas
10-27-2011, 12:11 PM
Maryann, the one I use does require mixing the saline powder in warm water. it is called "NeilMed Sinus Rinse." The powder is in individual foil packets which you pour into the water in the plastic squeeze bottle. The bottle is sold with the powder packets in a paperboard box.

I use distilled water, pouring it into the squeeze bottle, adding the powder and closing the bottle. Then I turn on the hot water, put the bottle under the stream of hot water and warm up the solution.

ontarget
10-27-2011, 03:57 PM
Ems, I hope you find out what's going on with your body soon and you can start healing.

jojo23
10-28-2011, 02:33 AM
I must have broken an awful lot of mirrors in my time.

Had a relapse with my back. The disc isn't out, but there is a fair bit of discomfort so am staying in bed for a while dammit. The doctor has threatened to tie me to it if I get out

nancy237
10-28-2011, 02:37 AM
JoJo...don't make me :swim: over there girl !!!

take it easy and listen to the doctor..

I am more & more convinced that my joint issues are diet related. I felt great today until I ate greasy popcorn at the theater. I have a physical next week & plan to ask the Dr more about this.

beach bum
10-28-2011, 10:58 AM

Boy winter I think is here on the Cape woke up to 35 degrees even if the sun is shinning. Have to take out my heavy winter clothes this weekend.

RHONDA-I bought the saline spray and it worked I still able to breath nicely thanks for the tip on nasal sprays.

JOJO=So sorry about your back hurting. Do you have a back brace for support????? I use one when my back goes out.

NANCY-You tell her,I agree with you she must take it easy

Have to get ready for the fest party have a great day

Tejas
10-28-2011, 11:23 PM
Maryann, I'm glad you found something that helped.

Jojo, good luck with the back. DH has been having a lot of trouble lately with his also.

And, this weekend we have the 3 grandkids here. I hope DH can last! We're also letting our preferred political party use our house for a Halloween party tomorrow night. I told them they could have the space but someone else has to be the hostess because I'm being Nana.

Vickie
10-29-2011, 01:02 PM
Good Morning Chicks!

More errands for me today. Now I actually feel like I can do them. In the Spring, I had terrible trouble with my plantar faciitis and I learned I also have double heel spurs in the left foot. It's really been hurting me for weeks now. Thursday, I had another cortisone shot so I'm hoping that will help. Now I'm icing and exercising 3 times a day for the next 3 weeks. Maybe have to do the exercises forever. Getting old! I also learned that it could be happening because I have one leg shorter than the other. Of course, the weight isn't helping either. So.....I'll be ordering special shoes too. Sigh.

Sandra, I know you like SAS but there was another brand too but I can't remember what it was. My Doctor likes Dr. Comfort and SureFit. I also ordered a pair off of Shoebuy.com with a 20% off coupon called OrthoFeet. They are kind of cute. I need a navy pair though since I'm in blue jeans often.

JoJo, I hope you listen to your Doctor. You'll heal faster if you stay put for a couple of days. Jim has scoliosis and degenerative disc disease and I see how painful it is for him. Be patient. And....I'm glad your Mom is back at her place and safe.

Rhonda, your weekend sounds fun! I too, used to use the NeilMed Saline Solution Rinse. It really helped a lot. I'm not sure why I stopped because it would really help with my allergies right now.

Mary Ann, do you have any results yet? Are you feeling better?

Good Luck with your procedures, Ems.

Nancy, you make me laugh. I never got to respond to you about your texting post. It made me laugh....HARD! I don't have texting yet but am thinking about it. I'm afraid I'll never talk to anyone again if I get it. At least now, they actually have to call me. Also wanted to tell you that I LOVE Healthy Choice....better than the other meals. I really like their Asian Potstickers and also a Spinach Parmesan Pasta steamer. I'm trying all their new stuff. Jim likes the Parmesan Risotto. Their new healthy line is Coreish....whole wheat pasta, brown rice....

They weather is cold here and very Fall like. I'm enjoying it very much. Jim and I went to the gambling boat on Tuesday for our anniversary splurge. We both lost but had a wonderful time. Things should start to calm down a bit now until they start work on the master bath. We are all ready for them to come and be gone!

What are your plans for this weekend? Any plans for Halloween?

beach bum
10-29-2011, 03:34 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Had a bad night even using the saline spray,slept until 10 AM,and I had to go out for last minute stables as we are expecting a big nor'easter snow storm ,but I think they are wrong at least for Cape Cod, the temps on the land and in the sea at too high,but I can see heavy winds and rain are on the way.

I'm so excited :carrot:Got on the scale is morning and I'm now 160 lost .5 this morning so now I have 1 more to get out of the 160's and 10 more to reach my goal.

RHONDA- It works but last night I had to take twice the dosage of the sale spray so I'm going to call the doctor on Monday and ask him for a prescription stronger that the over the counter kind.

VICKIE-Still can't believe my doctor hasn't contracted me as its over a week that I had the stress test and the heart doctor told me he was going to talk to my doctor about an ECHO and carotid artery test. Definitely going to call him on Monday as I'm angry that he didn't get back to me.

Have to go and have a late dinner as I woke up late this morning.

Have a great day

ontarget
10-29-2011, 05:03 PM
Vickie, I like MBT shoes. They aren't for everyone, though. You might check them out but be careful if you decide to buy them. They can make you really wobbly. Another shoe that's good is Born. I hope you get some relief from your shot. I hardly ever have problems any more. I hope you get good results, too.

Maryann, congratulations on losing weight. I am happy for you.

I had a margarita last night and was asleep by 8:30. Am I a party animal or what?

Rhonda, I'm sending you and Doyle mucho energy.

I'm watching "Soldier" with Kurt Russell. Already seen it several times, but I never get tired of watching it. Do I need a life?

Vickie
10-29-2011, 06:58 PM
Mary Ann the saline spray is way different than what Rhonda and I use. I don't think it's nearly as effective as the spray does not get up into the sinus cavity far enough to really rinse the bad stuff out. Here's what we use.http://www.neilmed.com/usa/sinusrinse.php

Thanks, Sandra. I just got home from errands and now I need to do my exercises and ice. I walked too much. I'll check out Born and MBT. I didn't like any of the SAS styles. Do you still like them? I never saw Soldier. I'll have to check it out.

Tejas
10-29-2011, 07:41 PM
So, the gks are here; the party starts in 90 minutes; the person who was supposed to help isn't coming. Well, what happens, happens.

Vickie
10-30-2011, 01:18 PM
Good Morning Chicks! I just got back from JC. I only have my 30% discount on food reward program until January. I'm madder than a wet hen because it was supposed to be lifetime. All I can say is NEVER sign a long term contract with JC or be open to the notion that they may try to back out of it at any time. It will force me to get my butt back to WW and on Core points plus. That's where I want to be anyway...it's just the principle of the situation.

Congratulations, Mary Ann! I've not lost anything in a while and I'm still up about 7 pounds.

Rhonda.....SHAME SHAME on your helper! I really hate when people commit but don't honor their commitments. I hope the person had a good reason.

I'm doing a mountain of laundry today and Jim is out running errands. Tomorrow we start over with all the errands again.

Tejas
10-30-2011, 02:31 PM
The party worked out fine. Everyone brought stuff and just relaxed into the situation. In my opinion, there was no good excuse-short of major illness- for not calling me (she had my phone number and sent an email) and making arrangements for someone else to be here. Period, full stop, no negotiations.

Vickie, so sorry you're having contract problems. Shall I come up there and hurt someone?! I'm in the mood, obviously. :devil:

Maryann, congrats on the weight loss. I wish that I were joining you.

Sandra, yes, you need a life! :lol:

Vickie
10-30-2011, 04:05 PM
She STILL hasn't called? Wow.

miniDoodles
10-30-2011, 04:05 PM
Hi Chicks, I'm on week 2 @ Fat Chicks & I am enjoying everyones posts :smug:. I have problems like I love peanut-butter-cup candy :p, etc. If I was not a KOP in my TOPS club I know I would be wearing a size 14 again, instead of my size 10 during the last 3 years. But I Need to get to my Final goal of 141# & so I came 'here' to 3 Fat Chicks get Help from NEW thoughts/ideas on health & weight-loss from your gang :cool:. TOPS & KOPS does work; but getting off my last 10# before Valentine's Day is my Final goal & keeping off the 2011 Holiday pounds is going to be a adventure :carrot:! If anyone has 'candy' or 'desserts with 5 ingredients or less' that are: Low fat, Low sugar/carbs, Low sodium, & include some Fiber, Pleassse post them here or add me to your buddy list & send them to me :hug: Thanks Sooo Much! I want to enjoy the Holidays like the skinny people do & my hubby & our kids & my grandbabies do, Thanks :), Dee

ontarget
10-30-2011, 04:21 PM
We had a great time today. After church several of us went to lunch together. I thoroughly enjoy being with them.

Rhonda, I'm glad all worked out last night. That was beyond rude not contacting you--let alone not showing up.

Dee, I used to go to TOPS, too. I never made it to KOP. I lived in Montana when I was a member. Have you looked at the recipes here? You might find some you like.

Vickie, I do like my MBT's. I love the "bounciness." :lol: Tomorrow I'm back OP with WW.

We're enjoying glorious weather. I hope you all are, too. Life is good.

pam920
10-30-2011, 05:20 PM
what's with all the initials? what is KOP? MBT? You know not to confuse an old lady. I'm confused enough on my own.

I'm being lazy today. Still in my pjs.

Vickie, that is not right about JC. Core is better for you anyway.

Rhonda, oh me, oh my. Glad things worked out but I would be super upset with that woman that didn't show or call.

I wonder if Maryann got snow?

It's been gorgeous here since we got to FL. Low 80's, no humidity, light breeze. I'm debating whether to join the gym. I want to, but I never stick with anything and feel like I'll just be throwing my money away.

Sandra, lunch with friends is a nice way to spend Sunday afternoon.

ontarget
10-30-2011, 05:25 PM
KOPS means Keeping off Pounds Sensibly. Not sure about MBT. It's a shoe brand. Sketchers and others are doing similar styles now.

Pam, you're not old. I'm glad you're enjoying your weather. I'm meeting a GF for lunch tomorrow, too. I feel blessed.

pam920
10-30-2011, 06:31 PM
thanks for explaining Sandra. Yep, I draw my first SS check in November, so I'm old. Don't feel that old. My mind still thinks I'm in my early 30's but my body tells me different.

Made fresh tilapia, stir fried veggies and wheat couscous. Yum. I have not cooked like this in a long while. I am enjoying every single morsel.

ontarget
10-30-2011, 07:09 PM
Pam, I go on Medicare Jan. 1. Ain't it great!!

miniDoodles
10-30-2011, 11:40 PM
Hey Sandra & Pammy :), U 2 girls :hug: R Beautiful, I hope I will be just as Beautiful & sassy like U 2 girls R :o & B alive to retire....Just 8 more years...Hey I didn't eat up the Halloween candy yet, so this is a good weekend :carrot: Bye, Dee

nancy237
10-31-2011, 01:40 AM
Hey Sandra & Pammy :), U 2 girls :hug: R Beautiful, I hope I will be just as Beautiful & sassy like U 2 girls R Dee

hey!!! what about me ??? :tantrum: :joker:

Vickie
10-31-2011, 09:34 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Happy Halloween. No candy here. We used to give it out but stopped a couple of years ago. Too much expense and temptation. We may go to see the great Nieces and Nephew later. First I have Sears coming.

Have a great day!