Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-24-2011, 01:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 203/199/140

Height: 5' 6"

Default Hello to everyone!

Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself-- I stumbled onto 3FC about a week or two ago and I've been lurking around ever since. I'm in love with these forums! Everyone is so supportive and it's amazing to see before & after pictures of people who have really achieved a lot!

As for me, well, I'm a 20 year old college student and I have been trying to lose weight probably since I was about 10. I've been overweight my entire life (damn genetics!) and I have constantly struggled with dieting (been on and off weight watchers a number of times) but I've never had any major, long-lasting success. I really want to change this!

For the past few years, I've steadily hung around the high 190s/200 mark, but recently I've put on a few pounds (I'm taking an extra class and interning this semester, so I barely have time to breath let alone work out and take-out always seems to be the easiest option...). But I'm so over it! I want to change! I want to by jeans with a size in the single digits and wear a bikini for the first time EVER! I've had enough of this lifestyle, and I think this time I'm finally ready to change for real.

I'd love to be down 10 pounds at least by Christmas (I'll be seeing lots of family for the first time in awhile-- my aunts are always telling me I look smaller even when I haven't lost weight, so I can't imagine how they'll freak out if I actually have!) and I'd love to have really significant loss-- say, like 40 pounds, by the time I turn 21 at the end of March. Ultimately, by next summer I'd like to be around 140, I can't even imagine how amazing that would feel!

Anyways, hello to all, I'm so glad to have found this fun place and I hope I get to know a lot of you and we can support each other on our journeys to a healthier life!
4theloveof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:56 AM   #2  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Welcome to 3fc! What's your plan?
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:10 AM   #3  
Sweat Sweat Sweat!

S/C/G: 190/ticker/130

Height: 5'7

Welcome! We are the same height and I started around the same weight! Do you have any plans for how you will lose it?
TheLindsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 203/199/140

Thanks ladies! My plan for now is just working out and calorie counting. I downloaded the myfitnesspal app on my phone, which seems like it'll make keeping track of everything way easier! The one thing that sucks is we don't have a scale in our apartment right now, so I don't know how I'm going to weigh in, but I'll figure something out. Do you guys have any tips/tricks on jumpstarting weight loss?
4theloveof is offline   Reply With Quote