100 lb. Club - What would you do...

View Full Version : What would you do...

Goddess Jessica
02-05-2003, 07:53 PM
Okay, some people love these threads. Others hate them.

I love them and darn it, I need some inspiration.

What would you do if you lost all the weight you wanted?

gonzostar
02-05-2003, 08:22 PM
i want to buy some sexy lingerie, and look HOT in it. =)

david wants me to wear shirts that show my tummy, at least sometimes. (i told him that's not me!)

i want to share clothes with my friends.

glynne
02-05-2003, 08:32 PM
I think that the most exciting thing I would look forward to doing ~ is to be able to buy any clothes I wanted ~ there would be more selections and I could finally have some pretty things.

glynne (Gayle)

Sheila53
02-05-2003, 09:16 PM
I would sit in a hot tub with other people. I would go to a high school reunion.

And I would definitely buy some new clothes--lots of them!

Raelynn
02-05-2003, 09:31 PM
I would (and I will) go back to the town I grew up in until I was 17 and say "Ha! look at me now!" (I was teased horribly growing up because I was overweight)

rochemist
02-05-2003, 10:44 PM
I never believe in putting off till tommorow. My weight doesn't hinder me only I do and my perception of it. I want to be healthier, I love how I feel when I move. Losing weight is looking like what I already believe I look like in my head ;-)

Goddess Jessica- strong personality, states her opinion very wonderful already

Gonzo or Holly- David loves you! Losing weight is just a bonus he would take you in that lingerie now I am sure!

Gale and Shelia-New clothes are wonderful! I am looking forward into fitting into some of my old ones. GEE I MISS THAT ANNE TAYLOR RED Dress. But for today I insist we are beautiful in our skin.

Raelynn-Your beautiful girl and if any one tells you different refer them to me I like to kick some booty from time to time ;-)

The support and friendship each of you give to strangers makes you miraculous at any size.

Don't forget it.

On her way to thinville,
Miss Chris

missaprylj
02-05-2003, 11:07 PM
I would go out for a school sport and shop WITH all of my friends!!! Oh, how exciting! Peace. -Apryl

Step
02-05-2003, 11:14 PM
Generally I'm w/ rochemist, I don't put things off ... but sometimes things have to be put off ... when I lose enough, I WILL take my kids on the Dutch Shoes ride at Storyland in New Hampshire. The park 'map' says it has a max weight limit and I wouldn't risk the embarassment of getting in line and being turned away ... (they've ridden it w/ a cousin, but not w/ me!!)

Clothes would be nice, but not a driving force in my desire to lose weight this time around. In my pre-kid days ... it would have been a major 'reward'.

AngiKL
02-05-2003, 11:52 PM
I would wear SLEEVELESS SHIRTS!

Angi

gbo
02-06-2003, 01:49 AM
First of all I would get down on my kness and thank God for the strength and determination needed to reach my goal and most of all for creating the many people who have caused me to get it! Here on this board and Dr. Phil, John Bradshaws book "Healing the shame that binds you" and hug me for following through and getting the job done. Then............shopping! A new wardrobe of Anttony Mark Hankins clothes , Sully Bonnelly clothes and whatever other artistic clothes strikes my fancy(within reason). Clothes I could never wear and look the way I saw them in my minds eye. I will have my hair dyed professionally, cut and styled really kicky and stylish, get a manicure, pedicure and facial. Then my Darlins I will throw myself back into life with a furver. Involved and seen proudly EVERWHERE!!!!
Pam

SuchAPrettyFace
02-06-2003, 02:07 AM
Wear sleeveless shirts is up there.

Go back to the beach & build sand castles w/my little cousins.

Go back to the Dells. (http://www.wisdells.com/)

But mostly, have professional pics done. I used to pose for my uncle the photographer as a kid, my aunt commented that I seemed pretty comfortable in front of the camera for 8 in the AM, but that was 100# & 15 years ago. Being so big, I *hate* having my picture taken. It'd be nice not to avoid the camera @ baby/bridal showers & parties. So that is what I will do. Get professional pics done.

snowball1
02-06-2003, 11:44 AM
I would wear sleeveless shirts as well!!! :D I have this dress that is a size or two too small right now that I just LOVE. It has spaghetti straps & I am hoping by the time that I am able to fit into it, some of the arm flab will be gone!

BA99TJ
02-06-2003, 11:51 AM
This post makes me realize that I'm with Chris, and living for the now rather than the later. Because I wear sleeveless shirts all the time (when its warm enough of course.) I guess I just don't care what other people think, and I'm more upset with my stomach than my arms.

:)

Charbar
02-06-2003, 12:01 PM
I would do some more tougher sports I did as a kid - skiing, lacrosse, hiking. I would shop the clearance rack daily for all those size 4 that are always on sale.

And I would pose NUDE!!!

muelledk
02-06-2003, 12:10 PM
Wahoo BA and Chris!!!
I feel the same way. First, I am trying to live for today, not for what may be coming tomorrow. I do try to keep the motivation there (like some clothes that are a little too small, so I can fit into them), but I try not to focus on what life would be like if I were a smaller size. And that maybe because at 5'9", I've always been taller and therefore bigger than all of my friends, so I've never done the shopping together thing.
I did used to feel really selfconscious about the arm flab, but then I moved to Arizona and relized that in order to be cool, I had to get over it or do something about it, so I started working on loosing that flab. I am still overweight, I still have arm flab, however, I do wear sleeveless shirts. I too, do not care what others think. If I am comfy, that is all that matters.

Jo
02-06-2003, 12:12 PM
I'm with Steph. I'd like to go to the amusement parks and be able to ride all the rides. Because of the way I'm shaped, I don't think I'd fit in the seats right now. The last time I went, I was about 30 - 40 pounds lighter than I am now, and I had to be careful which ones I went on. I almost ended up being kicked off one of them because the seatbelt thing wouldn't fit (I managed to suck in enough to be able to get it buckled, but that was the longest ride of my life :o ).

Also, I'd like to be able to sit in a booth instead of a table. A lot of times, the waitresses/waiters won't even ask me which I prefer -- take one look at me and say, How about a table? :)

Goddess Jessica
02-06-2003, 12:50 PM
GO DANA! WOOO -HOOOOO! I wanted to do Boudoir photography for plus-size women for a long long time. I may still do that. My friends say I have the personality that people just want to take their clothes off in front of me. :o

Miss Chris - Of course nothing holds me back. But there are things that other people do that hold me back. Like Old Navy not making a large enough plus-size line. :)

I'd like to buy a Twirly Skirt (maximum waist size, 32") http://www.dancestore.com/skirttwirly.html

I'd like to dance all my life. Right now, I have no problem kicking up my heels but I have a feeling that without some weight loss, my knees won't last forever.

I'd also like to make this one skinney girl who used to date my boyfriend quit making that face that says, "I am so much skinnier than her," whenever we go home to visit. Hey, I can be petty!

Sheila53
02-06-2003, 12:59 PM
Oh, I forgot about photos. I never let anyone take my picture. I would definitely have photos taken with my husband. Don't think I'd do a boudoir photo, but it does sound like fun.

I think I'd also like to try wearing a belt.

SuchAPrettyFace
02-06-2003, 01:05 PM
I forgot about the amusement parks. It got too uncomfortable to ride the roller coasters once I got over 250, so that is something to shoot for for later this summer. :)

gonzostar
02-06-2003, 02:13 PM
jessica,

that skirt is awesome! i want one for swing dancing!! that will be on my list too. =)

Sheila53
02-06-2003, 03:16 PM
As I was putting on my bra this morning, I thought of another one.

Get a bra with less than 3 hooks!!

jiffypop
02-06-2003, 09:19 PM
1 go to paris and buy a perfect dress

2 take all my nieces and nephews to the amusement park and ride every ride with them, even if we have to go back several days in a row!!!!

wsw
02-06-2003, 10:12 PM
what would i do if i lost all the weight? hmm. let's see, i would buy some new clothes-especially pretty pullover sweaters, a dress which is fitted, and a nice ski jacket. i would go clothes shopping with friends, which i don't do now. i wish i could be like some of you who are good at not putting things off. i'm not there yet, but working on it. i am definitely a work in progress! not even sure what else i'd do, but appreciate the topic and will give myself a chance to think about this. take care, everyone.

wsw

Jen
02-07-2003, 01:59 PM
I don't think there is a whole lot that I don't do now that I will do when I am thin. Buying clothes is the biggest thing. Also playing sports which I love but am too out of shape for anymore. I want to have pictures done as well. We had some family pics done last year on Drake's birthday and I'm hoping this year I'll be happier with the way I look.