Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-23-2011, 03:39 PM   #1  
Ready...Set....GO!

S/C/G: 132/120/110

Height: 4'11"

Default vacation

my daughter and i just flew to my parents for a few days. I did my best to choose wisely, but I did let myself indulge some (not as much as I wanted). They have a dog, and I even walked Maddie every day I was there but once because I didn't have time to walk her and make our plane. One of the days, I walked around the fair grounds for 5 hours.

Now, I'm home and I just FEEL bigger. I feel just as fat as I did before I started, but my husband hid the scale so I don't know how much I weigh!

He said I was getting too obsessive over it, so he hid it for my own good. He told me to just keep going like I was before vacation and that he would let me have it back in a few weeks.

It helped keep me on track to weight myself everyday! He said there isn't any point in weighing myself each day, but it really helped me....
Emerald Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:31 PM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

It is not your husband's right to say if you can weigh yourself or not. Does that mean you can hide the remote because he doesn't need to use it?

If he feels you are too obsessed with talking about it, then maybe it's a cue that he isn't the person to be talking to about it. Doesn't mean he's a bad guy. Just means he has had enough of the "talk". And, if it's talking like, "I feel so fat." then rethink how you talk. Don't ask him "Do you think I look fatter today than last week?" and such. They are in a no win situation. If they say "yes", you can be mad and if they say "no" you can be mad. He can't win.

But I would not allow anyone taking away something from me - ever. It's your house and your scale - both of yours.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

In trying to control you, your husband is exhibiting one of the signs of an abusive spouse. I can't help you on line, but maybe reading this website can.
http://www.loveisrespect.org

Good luck.
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:51 PM   #4  
fake it till you make IT!

S/C/G: 312/264/199

Height: 5'6

LOL my boyfriend hides the scale from mee too! But thats bc I ASK him to, bc I become obsessed and I want to focus more on eating healthy and the lifestyle rather then just obsessing over the # on the scale. BUT ANYTIME i want it back he gives it to me with no problem. & thats what your husband needs to do. I also find it better to weigh myself everyday bc it keeps me accountable. If I don't weigh myself everyday I find myself saying to myself I CAN EAT A LITTLE MORE TODAY I'LL JUST EAT SUPER CLEAN TOMORROW AND NOT WEIGH IN TILL FRIDAY etc.. & i don't think thats really helpful for myself.

SO if your like me, and weighing yourself everyday keeps you accountable, then go straight to your husband now and tell him I WANT MY SCALE NOW!
tinkerbelll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:31 PM   #5  
Ready...Set....GO!

I did explain that weighing myself everyday helps keep me on track, and he did give it back.

He is the best guy in the whole world. He hid it because he was afraid I would get discouraged after my vacation and give up. He was trying to help me, and after we talked, he gave it back.

I do need to think about the way I talk to him. I do call myself fat, and he has said so many times that it hurts him when I do it. He said he doesn't want ANYBODY putting his wife down-- even her.
He is super encouraging in everything I've been doing.

I've struggled with anorexia before, so I think he's just a little gun-shy, too.

If the way I stated that made him sound controlling or mean at all, I didn't express myself properly. He is the most gentle, meek, sweet, encouraging and wonderful man I know-- that's why I snagged him for myself!! :P
Old 10-24-2011, 05:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

Glad to hear it. I didn't mean to jump to conclusions, your post scared me!
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:23 AM   #7  
Ready...Set....GO!

thanks for looking out for me!
Old 10-24-2011, 02:09 PM   #8  
fake it till you make IT!

S/C/G: 312/264/199

Height: 5'6

Thats so good Emerald Eyes I wish you nothing but the best YOU DESERVE IT!
tinkerbelll is offline   Reply With Quote