Overeaters Anonymous - No Meetings where I live

View Full Version : No Meetings where I live

tinchairs
10-23-2011, 11:29 AM
Hi. I am looking for a sponsor. There are no meetings where I live so I rely on the internet for support but listening to podcast meetings is helpful but a sponsor that I could email would be great help.
Thanks

RedHeadLongLegs
12-09-2011, 07:23 PM
I am not a sponsor but I saw that no one had responded to your post. I have just recently returned to following OA. My sister and I went many years ago (20?) and it really worked for me. The buddy system was a great thing too. Many pounds later, I am back at it and trying to abstain from overeating. It has been 12 days and I am already feeling but better.
So if you are looking for a buddy to talk about the steps and to be of support, we might be able to help each other.

WishfulshrinkingSLP
02-05-2012, 10:02 PM
If you google
coffeeshopbb164 There is a list of recordings of recovered compulsive overeaters. They are wonderful! That site has the phone number for a daily Big Book step study meet that has people who have openings for sponsors.

Kay7jay
02-19-2012, 10:19 PM
I'm not a sponsor either but if you need some motivation feel free to message me! The buddy system can be a big help and the whole 3fatchicks community is a great one