Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 01:12 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 10/21/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 10-21-2011, 07:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/157/130

Height: 5'4

Restarted on Mon and weighed myself this morning and I'm down 5.2lbs! AND the weeks not over yet!

Why did I ever doubt this diet? - duh!

I did have a HUGE craving last night and several times I almost gave in but I didn't - instead I had a big glass of water and went to bed - bed seems to be my late night craving cure LOL

We're going to Mexico for christmas and I want to be at my goal weight by then ... So that's my motivation to stick OP

Have a great day all
Old 10-21-2011, 08:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

When your losing and eating right you feel so incredible...
when your not..you feel bloated and ughhhh...

Nothing taste as good as thin feels nothing...
Old 10-21-2011, 08:01 AM   #4  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblues4 View Post
Restarted on Mon and weighed myself this morning and I'm down 5.2lbs! AND the weeks not over yet!

Why did I ever doubt this diet? - duh!

I did have a HUGE craving last night and several times I almost gave in but I didn't - instead I had a big glass of water and went to bed - bed seems to be my late night craving cure LOL

We're going to Mexico for christmas and I want to be at my goal weight by then ... So that's my motivation to stick OP

Have a great day all
Great on losing 5.2 lbs on your first week!!!! Surely you will make your goal by Xmas. Warm Mexico sounds delightful for winter.
I drink lots and lots of water..It really does help.

Off to a busy Friday. I am looking forward to the weekend.
Have a gret IP day everyone.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:03 AM   #5  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
When your losing and eating right you feel so incredible...
when your not..you feel bloated and ughhhh...

Nothing taste as good as thin feels nothing...
You do feel much much better when you are eating right.

Yesterday I got my new staff picture for my job. Then I looked at my old one. My reaction was Never again. I am not going to look like that old picture again!
Old 10-21-2011, 08:14 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
You do feel much much better when you are eating right.

Yesterday I got my new staff picture for my job. Then I looked at my old one. My reaction was Never again. I am not going to look like that old picture again!
Congrats on your new staff picture in your thin body! We get new staff pictures every year too at my school and they take the big pic and frame it and put it on the wall for all to see as they walk in. Thankfully this year's pic was a thinner me than last year. My hair was grayer, but that was my decision not to dye my hair.

Last edited by sandyh50; 10-21-2011 at 08:38 AM.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:22 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Very Proud of last night's dinner, chicken with IP cereal breadcrumbs seasoned with italian herbs, salt and pepper...watch out Vigo breadcrumbs, their's no room for you in my kitchen or belly.

Last edited by leganegan; 11-08-2011 at 08:15 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:30 AM   #8  

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post
Very Proud of last night's dinner, chicken with IP cereal breadcrumbs seasoned with italian herbs, salt and pepper...watch out Vigo breadcrumbs, their's no room for you in my kitchen or belly.
That is an awesome idea! I baked talapia for myself last week but dipped my son/husband's in skim milk and coated in italian breadcrumbs. I will remember about the cereal breadcrumbs!
Old 10-21-2011, 08:30 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 158/157/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
lauren that looks yummy - what is the recipe? pls share
Old 10-21-2011, 08:30 AM   #10  
Started IP 10/13/11

Quote:
looks fabulous! would love the recipe.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:07 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/140/142

Height: 5'7"

@leganegan - that looks great! is that just the crispy cereal, smashed up?

@babyblues4 - awesome job with the weightloss, that's great!

I had weigh-in #4 last night - down 3.2 lbs yay! So close...I may modify my goal a little bit, from 135 to 142-ish, I seem to be fitting into my old stuff which is all I really wanted to do. I have 4 weeks until my husband gets home from Afghanistan for 2 weeks, so my plan is to go Phase 1 for another week, then phase 2 for 1 week, then phase 3 for 2 weeks and then go phase 4/maintenance by the time he gets back. My coach said this was a good plan. I want to be able to enjoy a little bit of everything but I don't want to indulge too much. Also, lost 4 inches on the waist and 4 on the hips (since I started).
Back in April I had a pretty horrible ankle sprain. I started going to PT back in August because it still hurt so bad. Back in April I weighed 175, and I got my weight down to the low 160s but couldnt get past that without IP. Anyway, I've lost 14lbs on IP in the past 4 weeks and my ankle has stopped hurting. I'm not going to give PT much credit for that because I went for almost 2 months and it still hurt all the time. I really think losing weight has made a big difference with the pain more than the PT did.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:16 AM   #12  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Good morning everyone! Wow, it's so cold here to me! I can usually go all winter wearing flip flops in Louisiana, but this year is going to be so different. I had to wear sweat pants, long sleeve shirt, a jacket, socks and my fleece lined crocs to walk the kids down the driveway this moring to catch the bus. And I was still cold! It doesn't help matters that my closet is quite sparse with things I can fit in. I am still trying to put off buying clothes until I get closer to goal, but I may have to buy a couple of things before then. I'm thankful for these problems, no doubt!
Old 10-21-2011, 09:39 AM   #13  

S/C/G: h252/s244.8/213.8/g165

Height: 5' 2"

Congrats on all the weight loss!

I am on cloud nine right now. Had WI #3 yesterday and lost another 4.2 pounds! That is 16.8 in 3 weeks. I cannot believe it! My clinic asked if I would give them a pic of me in my wedding dress before I started IP and then one from the day of the wedding so they can display it in their office. That is still over 2 months away and they are already asking! Fiance lost another 3.5 for 20.5 total in 3 weeks. I love seeing all the great changes! Our first shower is on Sunday and I'm looking forward to seeing if we get any comments or reactions.

I never thought to use the crispy cereal as "breadcrumbs!" Sounds awesome. Will be trying that one for sure. I made the turnip fries last night along with the IP veggie chili. I added mushrooms, celery, onions and peppers to the chili and served it over the fries. It was delicious!
Old 10-21-2011, 09:45 AM   #14  

Height: 5'6"

Morning all!
The boys are off school today so I think we'll run to the city and see our beloved chiropractor, I'm overdue for a crackin. Got my roots done yesterday so I feel civilized again, goodbye skunk stripe! Also planning a quick stop at Wally World, our Wii died and with winter coming that's never a good thing with 2 boys trapped in the house. I over heard one lady saying she found sliced cheese in her light fixture while cleaning one time...boys are such fun
LOL
HAve a great OP day!!
Old 10-21-2011, 09:51 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello my fellow IPer's

Have a funeral today , so just wishing that was over. Very sad, only 53 yrs old and just dropped dead of a heart attack. My sister is married to his brother and we all went to school together.

Tomorrow going with girlfriends to a couple of craft shops, should be fun.
I was down 0.6 for my WI this am. It is going very slow, but its going!

Damp and cold here in upstate NY, so I think broccoli cheddar soup is on the menu for lunch.
Closed Thread