Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-20-2011, 10:13 AM   #1  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Default Struggling with Complacency

"If you're not moving forward, you're moving backward."

This quote is scaring me a bit because I have been on a serious stall for a while and have started a teensy tiny backslide. I need to catch it NOW and keep pushing through.

I feel great. I love my new body and am really enjoying life as a normal weight person. I am finally past the emotional trauma of my divorce and so my stomach isn't in a constant state of nausea and my ability to eat has completely returned.

It takes more effort now to lose weight. I am smaller, so it comes off more slowly (more calorie deficit required for same weight loss) and now that I feel better it takes actual discipline to eat well. I put a lot of things on hold in my life so that I could spend a lot of time in the gym and so skipping it to have a free evening to run errands or clean the house is becoming more and more of a temptation. I am converting over to the long term and need to make sure I keep the gym as a part of my routine.

I had two off plan days this week and am up 2lbs. I'm not worried about the actual weight gain at this point, but more seeing how easy it would be to backslide. The ironic thing is that I feel so incredibly crappy today - the chemicals in processed food are leaving an icky taste in my mouth and I feel so fatigued and washed out. I am going to hold on to this feeling the next time I see junk food to remind myself how much it isn't worth it.

So, here's a toast to staying on plan and to keeping on plan and accomplishing my goal once and for all!!!
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:45 AM   #2  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

I could have written your post word for word! I have given into temptation too many times since August and I have been completely out of control. I got into this, "I am happy where I am. I'm taking a break. I deserve it" mentality. And I'll tell ya. It's harder to start back up eating eating well than it did before I even got on this journey. I was always the one saying, "Maintenance is going to be SO easy! I won't gain anything back after all this hard work! Are you kidding?!?"

Yeah. 2 months later I am eating fried foods AND my words.

Congrats on recognizing your behavior now and stopping it at 2 pounds!! I didn't learn my lesson until 10 got packed back on.

Oh, and congrats on such a fabulous, fabulous weight loss. That is incredible! Way to go!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:39 AM   #3  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Honestly, I worry about this too. I am getting close to my personal weight loss goal and while I am still doing my best to stay on track, I worry about maintenance. Keep telling myself this is a lifestyle change not just a temporary eating and exercising change to lose weight.
Great job on your weight loss and getting back on track!!!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:25 PM   #4  

Height: 5'0"

I pretty much live in the land of complacency... at least lately. Now that I "look ok," I find it impossible to motivate myself to get to the point of looking "fantastic."

I wish I had some advice for you... but I think it's a fairly common thing. Just put your head down, forge forward and stay focused!
banananutmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:27 PM   #5  
Striving to be better

S/C/G: 313/218/160

Anyone who says it takes thirty days to make a habit is a liar. I have been working out daily for two months and it is not a habit. Everyday I struggle with myself to workout and eat right. Ugh.
Pag0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:33 AM   #6  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Thank you ladies! You're the best!!

I'm happy to report that I have been on plan since my post and feel great. That icky "I hate too much" and the post-processed food haze is gone and I feel so much better already. The scale is a bit stubborn, but that will come soon I'm sure. I already feel less bloated. My size M yoga pants fit without a tummy overhang again.

I hadn't been coming here as often as I used to also as part of my complacency and I need to remember that even when I feel like I'm rocking it, I still need to be here. (Giving back, too! )

Thank you ladies!!!

Last edited by BeachBreeze2010; 10-21-2011 at 10:34 AM.
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote