Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:09 PM   #1  

Default Bistro MD vs EDiets vs Biggest Loser

I'm considering trying one of these diet delivery programs and I'm looking for feedback from people who have tried them before.

I did a program awhile back and I thought the food was ok, but didn't like that the breakfast items and snacks were often processed food items that I could get at the grocery cheaper (breakfast cereal, nutrigrain bars etc) I think it was ediets, but I'm not quite sure.

I want to say I did the diet to go low carb program and stopped it because I didn't like the food, but I'm not sure if that was the program or not.

I've seen some pretty mixed reviews on the food quality for all three of these. The menus and reviews look good for healthy chef, freshology, etc but I just can't swing the price.

Basically, I'm looking for a non-cooking option that is healthier than fast food and hopefully tastier than lean cuisine....

I like the look of the bl menu, but have seen a lot of negative reviews re: food quality and customer service. The Bistro menu also looks decent, though I probably wouldn't want the snacks, but again I have seen lots of negative feedback on the food quality.

However, the site that had the most negative reviews, also had a lot of positive ratings for nutrisystem and I thought their food was disgusting, so I don't know how much to trust it :>
angryyew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Height: 5'10"

BistroMD overall had good food. Not your standard fare - some unique twists on things like "yucca fries" which were quite tasty. A lot of spinach, quinoa, turkey.

My one issue with BMD is sometimes, the food seemed overly bland. A good solid base but I suspect they are trying too hard not to offend any palate. I like my gumbo a little hotter, my curry a little spicier, etc. However by keeping a mix of low-calorie sauces and seasonings around I was able to season things to taste quite well.

Frank's Hot Sauce, Sriracha Sauce, Lemon Pepper Grinder, Soy Sauce, Ginger Sesame Dressing, etc. These helped keep the flavors diverse and palatable.

I didn't like their breakfast sandwiches so I requested they not send them any more. The buckwheat pancakes and berry crepes were quite tasty, some of my favorite meals.
my2cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:03 PM   #3  

Thanks for the reply. I decided to give Bistro a try and I'm enjoying it so far.
angryyew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:03 PM   #4  

Bistro ftw!
FattyFatFat is offline   Reply With Quote