Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 10:44 PM   #1  

Smile Patty's Consultation WAS a BIG HIT!

Well.... I did it! I went for my consultation with Dr. Kramer (nice staff, only does open) Now I know that God has led me to that office for a reason!

The surgeon was so nice and caring! He answered all of my questions, gave me two books, and reassured me and dh that I am doing the BEST thing for my future! I am so happy!

He's going to have the staff send in my insurance ASAP and schedule me from there!

Thank you all for your support!

Patty
Old 02-05-2003, 07:06 AM   #2  
she who must be obeyed

Patty, glad you found "your man"

I wouldn't fear open, I'm telling you, had that been my only option, that's what I would have done too!!!

Hope your insurance approval goes without a hitch, and you get a date very soon.

Debbie
Old 02-05-2003, 08:00 AM   #3  
Old Cackler

great news!!!! you're comfortable, he's answering questions, he's organized. this all works.

and congrats on the supportive hubby action there. it'll be a great help when it comes to post surgery emptying of the litter box and tying of shoes because it all hurts too much to bend over!
Old 02-05-2003, 05:47 PM   #4  

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Glad you found someone you like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Essie

LAP RNY 1/6/03
-23 lbs
Old 02-06-2003, 09:14 PM   #5  
Hang In There

Don't fear the open, it may be for the best. alvin had his lap, but the doctor kept talking about how he "pushed the limits" alvin was the "largest" he'd ever operated on, much less using the lap techinique. anywhay even though we don't know for sure, he thinks that it was because of the pushing the limits part that caused his later problem. anyway all that said to say that he has done great after his "open" and would also do it again.
Closed Thread