General chatter - Is there ONE person who

View Full Version : Is there ONE person who

jenks0718
10-17-2011, 04:40 PM
You cant wait to see them once you reach your goal? Why?

I want my ex-fiance to see me on the street and I want to just give him the prettiest smile and walk away shaking my butt! I DREAM of that moment!

berryblondeboys
10-17-2011, 04:47 PM
For me it was getting smaller than my mother in law. I still weigh more than she does, but I wear a smaller size in clothes now than she does and that feels great. She has been more than a little vocal about her disdain for my weight.

Other than that, no. It will feel great to feel I don't look horrible when I go to my 25th class reunion in 2013, but that's about it.

willbeayummymummy
10-17-2011, 04:48 PM
I think all the horrible people who bullied me for being a fat kid or at high school, walking past any of them would be great :) xxx

sept15lija
10-17-2011, 04:53 PM
I would like to see an old friend of mine, who I haven't seen for many years due to a few issues but have talked to ont he phone a few times....he decided to do an "intervention" with me about 10 years back because of my weight, he felt it had gotten to a point where he needed to do something about it ?????....anyways that always bothered me so I'd like him to see how I look now and that I got around to doing something about it in my own good time!! :)

FunSize
10-17-2011, 04:54 PM
A few ex-friend females!!! Not because I want them to be jealous of me but for them to just know I "finally did it".

Lambiechop
10-17-2011, 05:21 PM
Not just one but a group. The wives of the men my husband works with. They are all rude, nasty, and think just because I'm heavier than them they can look down their noses at me. No matter that they're all uneducated, frumpy, and glorified incubators, just because they're thin they think they're God's gifts.

kirsteng
10-17-2011, 05:30 PM
Just my sister. THat's the only person in my family/friends who has ever teased me and been disdainful about my weight. Not so much though to 'rub her face in it'.. more to show her than I CAN do it and I can STAY that way!

pockets
10-17-2011, 05:40 PM
My sister-in-law, who said it's impossible to lose weight after having kids. Granted I only have 3 and she has 7, but she doesn't even try.

ETA: I thought of a better one. My husband. He really is an amazing man and wonderful father. He deserves a 'thin' (trophy) wife. Not the blob I had become.

flashfacts
10-17-2011, 05:48 PM
One of the women who worked at the Curves that I used to go to. She was always so supportive and was the one who taught me the eating plan that I've used as the basis of my nutrition ever since. Getting started would have been so much harder without her.

Unfortunately she stopped working for the company when I was on a short break and I didn't know how to get in touch with her afterwards. I've lost a lot more weight since then and I'd love to be able to tell her and show her that she made a big difference in my life. I hope I run into her at some point.

pointspluspioneer
10-17-2011, 05:53 PM
I used to want other's to see me thinner or what not, now i do it for me ;)

I spent so many years doing for others, those days are over!

BMXgf
10-17-2011, 06:04 PM
Yes! My ex who left me for someone with money...now she's gained a few lbs and it motivates me too if i were to ever run into him. Smile and think....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA :D

TooManyDimples
10-17-2011, 07:47 PM
Shoot, everyone! =)

If I had to say one specific person it'd be my dad. He's the only person in my life that's ever made me feel bad about my weight. He never did it in a hateful way, but off hand comments to me or even other people that he just shouldn't have said.

MustardFan
10-17-2011, 08:04 PM
A certain guy who always thought "something better" would come around eventually, and never took me seriously.

I want his jaw to drop in December.

Just thinking about it makes me want to push even harder!!!

kellie105
10-17-2011, 08:06 PM
I want to take my husband lunch at work and have all his co-workers be super jealous!

PrairieGirl
10-17-2011, 09:00 PM
Me in the mirror, finally smiling and loving myself.

...and my ex bf who told me he could do better and never will.

shishkeberry
10-17-2011, 09:12 PM
Mostly me. But I'd like to show those girls in gym class in high school that I CAN lose the weight and I have. I once overheard them talking about how they wished I would kill myself. I don't think I'll ever forget that and it never stops hurting, either.

PrairieGirl
10-17-2011, 09:23 PM
Mostly me. But I'd like to show those girls in gym class in high school that I CAN lose the weight and I have. I once overheard them talking about how they wished I would kill myself. I don't think I'll ever forget that and it never stops hurting, either.

Oh wow that is one of the worst things I've ever heard. Lock that one up in the box and don't let it back out. I might sound crazy, but I've created this "box" in my mind and I've been putting those kind of things in there and I try not to let them out. If I think of them I just cram them right back in the box because this world is cruel enough without reminding myself of that kind of stuff!

pockets
10-17-2011, 09:28 PM

:hug::hug: I feel your pain. I never overheard anything that severe, but I was the outcast in school. Although it wasn't over my weight. I was just hated by everyone for whatever reason they decided.

MustardFan
10-17-2011, 09:33 PM

I was bullied in high school too. And it does hurt. But let it hurt for a minute, then re-evaluate who those people are in your life- a bunch of nobodys that will evaporate from you life as soon as you walk out that door. I didn't believe it, but it's true. They are the sad ones if YOUR existence has such an impact on them. If they are living such fulfilling, "skinny popular girl" lives, how can they even find the time to ponder on the lives of us "losers"? You know why, because they're empty, shallow, sad individuals who only live for others. And high school popularity is the high-point of their lives. Who wants that!?

Rock it, show them that what they have is not unattainable, beat them at their own game and then some. And next time someone takes the time to think about their wishes of you killing yourself, laugh at them for having such a sad, pathetic, useless life that allows them so much free time to think negative things about other people.

I don't know you but I believe in you. Your post really spoke to me. You can do it. I don't know if you're in high school still, but make that victory over those *******s and show them who's the boss!

Lambiechop
10-17-2011, 09:36 PM
Ooops. I forgot. I definitely won't be at goal yet but I'd love to be under 200 before my husband sees me again. He'll be shocked!

shishkeberry
10-17-2011, 09:40 PM
Thanks :) I rarely think about it but sometimes it just pops up and it stings a bit. It happened almost 12 years ago. I was an outcast at school, too. From about 2nd grade on. I wasn't fat then but I was weird.

Princess Squish
10-17-2011, 09:56 PM
All of those that bullied me for my weight.
Also... A man I deeply loved when we were just friends. I fell so hard for him. We slept together one day and the next day he told me that we couldn't be together. When I asked him why, he said he didn't want his friends to make fun of him for being with 'the fat single mom'. He further explained that it was my weight that bothered him the most; he liked my kid heaps.
Gee. THANKS!

kylonaa
10-17-2011, 10:30 PM
I think what I want most is my mom to see me healthy- she's always been there and been supportive of me even though I know she worries about my health and wants me so badly to get healthy. I want to make her proud.

Strangely, there are a lot of people I DON'T want to see me skinny. I don't want to give those people even a moment of thinking that their nastiness or judgments is what caused me to lose weight. I've really struggled with what would happen if I do lose a lot of weight- if I do start getting more attention in the dating world from people who before wouldn't look twice at me, I think that would hurt a lot. I guess most of all, I want to lose weight for myself, not for anyone else.

lisa818181
10-17-2011, 10:32 PM
One of my best friends who I've known since middle school is currently traveling across the country on horseback with her husband (seriously--they're kinda crazy like that!). Even when they're not on the trail, they live in Wyoming and I live in MA and I only usually see them once or twice a year normally.

Since they've been on their ride for a year and a half, I haven't seen them in over two years. I told her I had lost about 30 pounds at one point, but now I've lost 70 all together and I haven't really mentioned it the few times I've gotten to talk to her on the phone or when I comment on her blog. She's always been thin and very active and I can't wait for her to see me--I know she'll be thrilled for me and proud of me :) She's known me as overweight/obese since I was 12, so the difference is likely to be pretty shocking. Hopefully they'll make it to the East coast by Christmas and I'll get that reaction pretty soon!

theox
10-20-2011, 06:58 PM

Yikes. I'm glad you're losing mostly for you, 'cause those bit-excuse me-people don't sound like they're worth an emotional investment.

theox
10-20-2011, 07:04 PM
One person who I would particularly like to see me at-goal is this guy I have a crush on. Nothing has happened or will happen, but still.

I really want my parents, other family, friends, and people who were jerks to me to see me too, but for some reason the idea of him seeing me thin is special.

Serval87
10-22-2011, 02:59 PM
Well, I'd like to be able to post some pictures of me when I've lost weight on FB since I have so many people on there that went to school with me, and have only ever seen me as the short, fat girl. I do NOT want to rub it in their faces. I just want them to see that I can change myself, and make myself healthy and strong. I'd also like some of my family see me as the "used to be fat, but is now tiny" person.

Also, I'd love to feel confident with myself, and feel like my husband didn't just settle.

fatferretfanatic
10-23-2011, 11:54 AM
I don't want anyone to see me for reasons that they hurt me in the past, but I do have a friend that I want him to see me at goal because he's been so encouraging. He and I always talk about the exercise we did for that day, and he only ever has nice things to say about my efforts. "You're doing great", "Keep up the good work", "Holy crap, I can tell already!". He's my husband and I's best friend and I can't wait to get to goal and see in his face that he knew all that encouragement wasn't for nothing!

Laydeitrippstuh
10-25-2011, 11:30 AM
I would probably say, my ex, who was a horrible mean person to me. Show him what he could of had.

Also the kids from high school who use too Moo me when I walked around. (I wasnt even that fat then either).. Also the people who were mooing me were like twice my size.

FrouFrou
10-28-2011, 03:32 AM
Absolutely NO ONE! I don't care what anyone thinks of me or how I look. I am doing this all for ME, ME, ME!