WW Clubs and Groups - #266 Bale of Turtles Outdoing Ourselves

Itryharder
10-17-2011, 01:24 PM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren )

Itryharder
10-17-2011, 01:25 PM
Hi turtles,
If you haven't had a chance, check out Thread #265. We've got a new member named Jar.
Have a great day. It's beautiful here and I'm heading for the boardwalk.
Judy
234.6/186/179 and thinner :cool:

bandit2
10-17-2011, 01:55 PM
Hi turtles:

Welcome Jar - I am sure you will love it here, lots of great gals with lots
of good information. Thanks for letting me know about the roaster, think I will get one for sure.

Sunny cool Autumn day up here - weekend was good, enjoyed the mini golf
Sat night and spent yesterday with my friend before she heads south this Fri for 6 months. Ended up we had meatloaf for dinner, which turnen out nice along with roasted veggies. So leftovers for tonight.

All - good luck this week!

terrod99
10-18-2011, 06:44 AM
Hey All!

Welcome Jar !! Wonderful group of gals here!

Got out walking Mon am and getting ready to go right now, hope to find time to catch up on all the posts later, have a great Tuesday all!!

Terri

Princess1122
10-18-2011, 08:54 AM
Good morning everyone and happy rainy Tuesday to you all! We are in for a few days of rain here so it is all about doing my inside chores for me... and the list is long so I will keep busy.

I am doing ok so far this week, have been fighting over eating because I think that is from being bored so I need to step it up a bit with keeping myself busy doing other things than stalking the kitchen :D

I am heading out to a Zumba class with D-DIL this morning, then I will come home and get some cooking done, I need to get a big salad made up and some veggie soup to have on hand.

I hope that everyone is doing well and staying on track. I have to run but will pop back later on. Have a great day everyone!

Itryharder
10-18-2011, 10:04 AM
Hi Turtles,
Bandit, yummmmmmmmmmmmmm on the leftover meatloaf.:chef: I haven't made that in a long time and I love it. Glad you had a good weekend.

Terri, :bravo: on the walk, and the walk today.

Princess, weigh to go on getting to Zumba. I hear it's great :exercise: Glad you're making foods that will be ready to eat when you've got the munchies.

Yesterday was a good day for me. We didn't eat out, so that worked out fine. My dh has been busy getting the basement done w/Halloween setups but he hasn't had time to walk on boardwalk. Although I was doing the toning DVD which is good, it's mild exercise and I knew I needed more. I decided to walk the boardwalk alone-----got there and I bumped into a WW friend. Serendipity. She is a fast walker----6miles in 1 1/2 hours----but she was doing her cooldown and I was able to keep up with a bit of effort. It was good for me and shook up the scale just a smidge. Hoping for good WI tomorrow. Gotta get some things done.

Have a great OP day, everybody!!!!!!
Judy
234.6/186/179 and thinner :cool:

bandit2
10-18-2011, 12:30 PM
Hi everyone - better day here, abit sunny & no rain.

Stayed OP yesterday so hoping that will motivate me this week. Really
need to drop my holiday weight. If not raining, will get in walk on my lunch &
tomorrow I have Zumba. Need to get back at some regular exercise.

Sounds like everyone is doing great, which I love to see

Biggest Loser tonight - so looking forward to that (hope there is less crying)

Have a great TUesday!

CherryAutumn
10-18-2011, 01:42 PM
I am trying to head back down the scale after a seemingly long and bad food week. Looks like everyone is having a good week and we are mostly feeling positive. It is nice to see. I think it may be a week or two before I am back to what my ticker says. I will keep trying though. I may still lose some water weight.

Judy - Thanks for the encouragement but like i mentioned my ticker isnt accurate again yet. I am working on it though.:^:

Bandit- good to hear you had an OP day yesterday. Sounds like a good start for your week.

Princess- It is cold here and rainy right now and I should be working on my list of chores to but I am not. To busy trying to stay sane with the kids.

Taylor-How are things going for you this week?

Terri- Great job getting in walking for your exercise.

Jar- sorry forgot your name. How are you doing this week?

life4evr
10-18-2011, 06:52 PM
Hey everyone. I gained this week. Not really surprised. Way too many salty foods with no tracking. I still feel icky. More like headaches are left. I have to get back on track. Hope everyone has a goodnight.

Itryharder
10-18-2011, 07:12 PM
Cherry and Life4evr, today's a new day. You'll be OP now and get the results you want. It's tough coming back from a slip, but I know you can do it. We're all pulling for you. It's done. Forget it and keep on keepin' on.

Today is a good day. Wi is tomorrow. I've been hungry all day and want to eat a ton of food. The weather changed here and got chillier-----I have a feeling that's what is behind my feeling empty. I hope I lose tomorrow, but the scale isn't really cooperating today. Got out to boardwalk for just about 1 mile====cut it short today, and I did the DVD toning exercises which have to help too. I'd love to lose a ton of weight and my underarms are yuccky, so I'm hoping doing a few weight lifts may help. :goodvibes: to everyone. We're doing great. And even when we're not doing as great as we'd like, we're still chiming in and getting our heads where we want them to be.

Have a great day.
Judy
234.6/185/179 and thinner :cool:

Taylorsjourney
10-18-2011, 10:34 PM
Hey guys..

today started out as a clear fall day then turned to rain later in the afternoon.. I did manage to get my treadmill workout in but have now got a doozy of a blister on the side of my back heel.. debate at work was whether to pop it or not LOL... Ive managed to get all my water in and am getting into enjoying different foods.. tonight I had a cup of shredded cabbage with fat free caesar dressing because I heard on the Today show that 1 cup of cabbage 2x a week helps with the creases we have on our face.. I might have to up it to 4x but for now I will try a little at a time... I'm also trying a recipe for Caramel Apple Dessert ( I will post after) AND tomorrow I am making the pumpkin muffins I read somewhere about... I think my body is screaming fall..

CherryAutumn I am taking it one day at a time.. even though I seen a gain I have to trust the program and go with it.. I had a friend come in today who looks amazing and she told me she's lost more inches then weight but it took her a long time to realize that was okay.. that scale can be such a mental mess on us that I just can't afford to let it drag me down so I've put that W/i behind me and moved fwd.. I'm hoping by trying different foods it will change it up a bit for me... thanks for asking.. sounds like you are making positive steps forward and downward as well..

Here are the two recipes..

Pumpkin Muffins

1 box spice cake
1 can pumpkin
1 cup water

1. Mix together until smooth.
2. Spoon into muffin tin (either lightly sprayed or with muffin cups).
3. Bake 350'F for 20-25 minutes
4. Makes 38 mini muffins at 1 point each; 24 muffins is 2 points a piece.

Caramel Apple Dessert

1- 20 oz can crushed pineapple in its own juice ( not syrup)
1- fat free instant butterscotch pudding ( small box that makes 4 servings)
1- fat free lg tub of cool whip
4 medium apples

Take the pineapple and the pudding and mix together in a bowl.. allow to sit overnight or 8 hrs.. fold the cool whip into the mixture.. chop the 4 apples into small pieces ( skin on or off your choice).. stir and enjoy! I'm thinking of just cutting the apples into slices and using the dessert as a dip!

1 cup = 3pts

Have a great night everyone!

jar1965
10-19-2011, 07:31 AM
Good morning new friends!:)
Working 10-6 today! Yes....at the chocolate store! Urggggg! But....I will survive! I always do!

Stayed OP until last night....home alone....couldn't stay out of the kitchen!!!! Picked, picked, picked! Fortunately, I was able to pull from my bonus points. Tho...I was saving them for the w/e! Oh well! New day!

Taylor - I make the pumpkin muffins ALL the time! I don't use the 1C of water tho. I occasionally make the carmel apple one too! We got those recipes at our ww meeting last fall! Both are DELICIOUS!!!!!

Sorry I don't have time for "personals' today.....but I am wishing everyone a great OP day!

Jeanne

Princess1122
10-19-2011, 09:48 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all... super chilly and rainy here today but a pretty typical fall day for us.

Have some leaking going on in the basement so I need to pay attention to that today along with a bunch of errands to run and will top the day off with a knitting class tonight. I am almost done with the socks that I am making for my D-DIL and am going to get started on a pair of fingerless gloves for my youngest DS's GF. I have been doing some Christmas shopping when I am out and about for the G-Baby, looking for items that are on sale, etc to lessen the overall pain of the holiday bills since I am not working right now but I have been able to find a few things that were very cheap so I feel good about it and will keep at it.

Eating is going ok and I have not brought in any halloween candy to the house and won't until the day of, I can not have it around and DH can't either so will purchase enough to give away and then be done with it all in the same day :)

I made a pot of veggie soup yesterday and a salad to have on hand so that is my lunch today!

Judy: Best wishes for a wonderful W/I today... my scale is not moving either which I really thought it would... Like Taylors said, the none-scale victories are to be counted too so even if you don't get the number you like just remember that you are toning and changing your body in all the right areas so don't let the number be the only things that counts.

Taylor: Thank you so much for the recipes! I am really feeling "Fall" right now also so they will come in very handy! Thanks for the words of wisdom too, I think we get really hung up on the number and I am soooo guilty of doing that!

Bandit: Glad to hear that you are getting back on track and into the swing of things... Thursdays get here sooooo fast lol! So do you have a great tan from your vacation? Your meatloaf sounded so good I made one last night too!

Jeanne: I struggle with that also when I am home alone... I don't know why but I do. I hope that you are able to stay on plan and have a great week!

Cherry: How are things with you? The rainy days are hard on both you and the kids I'm sure... hope you are able to get some down time and work on your list, it is the only thing that keeps me sane when i am home :dizzy:

Lots: How are you going?

Life: No stress here, just get back on plan and you will be fine... hope your week is going the way you hoped it would.

Terri: What have you been up to lately? Are you still working half days?

I have to run, need to get ready and get moving on my errands. Have a great day all!

Taylorsjourney
10-19-2011, 11:46 AM
Rain, rain go away or at least to somewhere that needs it please.. If it doesn't stop we might need to rethink building an ark in the backyard...

good morning everyone... I've been up early but had a wonderful 6 hrs full sleep - which since starting the program has gotten better so I'm thinking my body is telling me something... I used to be lucky if I got 4... today is my off day so I decided to make it my long day for my treadmill.. that's been done and the pumpkin muffins made ( I did omit the water BUT added half a cup of unsweetened applesauce & 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice) and let me tell you, not only did the house smell yummy I sat back and watched my DH eat one with a smile on his face .. THEN he took the caramel apple I had made up and topped off a SECOND muffin ( he has no weight issues - booger) and said this is amazing... so I'm looking forward to this afternoon when I can have my afternoon treat of a muffin with a tbsp of that dessert on top... lol.. I did taste test the caramel dessert and it reminds me of ambrosia salad so woo hoo.. with it being an inside day I have a list of things to do and will work away on that..

Princess I hope you get the leaking problem solved!!

Jar I am doing WW online so I have no idea what is given out at meetings but that's awesome that they do that... I just like to surf and find but feel free to share any of your faves because I'm game to trying new things.. don't worry about the pick pick picking - that was yesterday and today is a brand new day!!!

have a great OP day everyone!!

Itryharder
10-19-2011, 04:46 PM
Hi Turtles,
Very busy today, but I hope to get back later with personals. My WI was okay this morning. So weird------I'm weighing in at JC and then at WW's.
I lost 1/2# at one and 1# at the other ------and the final weights are not the same. I need to pick up my :tread: Also, I ate out 4 times this week, ugh, and since I had salads, my counselor said I missed out on protein since I just had veggies. Will watch that this week. I have to step up my water and that should do it. I'm not complaining. I am very happy with my weight loss so far! Yes, I'd like to be 125# tomorrow, but since that won't happen I'll keep on keepin' on.

Best of luck to everyone!
Judy
234.6/185.2/179 and thinner :cool:

bandit2
10-19-2011, 05:31 PM
Hi everyone

Taylor - thanks for the recipes, I really like pumpkin so will give those a try.

Princess - yes, I got a great tan and I know it isn't good for you, but I feel & look so much better all tanned up. Nice job on making the soup, good to have on hand.

Judy - congrats on your weight loss this week, keep it up!

I am still OP and have Zumba tonight, so looking forward to that.

I am also getting in the mood to do some fall cooking. I have 2 invites
for potlucks & one is this Sat and am going to take a veggie casserole &
light dessert (any suggestions for dessert) Seen some recipes for a dump cake which sound easy enough.

All - goodluck at the scales.

Princess1122
10-20-2011, 06:33 AM
Good morning everyone - another rainy and chilly day here, tomorrow it is supposed to dry up and I am ready for that to happen! I ran errands yesterday on the wetest day of the week and it was not fun at all but I got it all done so today I can hang here at the house and get on my treadmill for my last chance workout before W/I tonight.

The scale is not looking real good... I will hope for the best though and keep at it. Not sure what I am doing wrong but will take a look at everything and come up with a game plan to get things moving hopefully.

I have to run, have a great day all!

jar1965
10-20-2011, 10:00 AM
Good morning everyone!

Taylor - funny.....my husband LOVES both of those too! He actually asks me to make the muffins. haha! He usually doesn't "ask" for ANYTHING that has to do with POINTS! lol! I lost 68# on WW ONLINE! Love having the etools. The only reason I started going to the meetings was for a girlfriend that felt she needed them but didn't want to go alone. Soooo, I up'ed my membership and I went. She quit 6 months later! :(

Princess - Good Luck WI today!;)

Bandit - Hope you had a great Zumba workout. I love Zumba too! I went with my teenage daughters......I haven't been going lately.....These old bones are starting to feel it!

Judy - 1# is good !!!!!!! I was looking at your tracker and you have lost so much! Yay!:carrot:

Cherry - Hope you're having a good week!

I'm sorry if I missed anybody! Have a great day! Here's to a great OP day!!!!

Jeanne

Itryharder
10-20-2011, 11:07 AM
Hi Turtles,
Yesterday turned out to be good, but crazy so I couldn't get back here. But now here I am.
Taylor---I'm buying spice cake mix to try the muffins. They sound amazing and I'm having friends in for our monthly meeting Monday night. Would be perfect for them. I like that your kitchen is "screaming fall". What a gret thought. Weigh to go on trying new foods, posting recipes, and getting in your :exercise:

Jar, whew! A job in a chocolate store. That's a lot to deal with. Home alone and snacking? I know what that feels like. Sometimes I think I think if dh doesn't see it, the points plus don't count. Doesn't work. Very smart for you to count in the snacks and take them from bonus points. That's what WW's wants you to do and you'll still lose weight as long as you're accountable.

Princess, good luck with your WI tonight . :goodscale: I hope you're able to take care of the leaks in the basement. I think it's great you're working on Christmas presents already. Knitting is so sociable in a group.

Cherry, onward and downward. :goodvibes: for you and your great little family.

Life, keep on keepin' on. Your work uses your muscles and that's great :exercise: Sending you :goodvibes:

Terri, you're still at the :exercise: I don't think I can do Zumba----even the fat burning exercises are a bit too much for me on my DVD. I can do the toning since it's slow stretches and light weights.

Bandit, another OP day! Yay. It's fabulous to eat well and exercise at the same time. That's what does the trick. :bravo:

I had a good food day yesterday. My df made a nice and figure friendly lunch which worked out fine. I got my fruit and yogurt in and that was a good idea. Today scale looks fine----I didn't gain from eating at her place.
Today is a run-around day, but I've got my food planned and that will help. I also want to get some exercise in . :tread:

Gotta run. just wanted to say hi. I watched the DVD'd Biggest Loser last night. They're losing 4-20#/week and I'm losing 1# /week. But when I see how the trainers work them so hard, I know I couldn't/wouldn't want to do that. I am proud of them for getting their weight off and the end of the program in Dec. is a great goal time for us.

Have a great day everyone!!!
Judy
234.6/185.4/179 and thinner :cool:

CherryAutumn
10-20-2011, 12:44 PM
There are so many new posts. Dont think I can reply to everyone but I will give it a shot.

Judy- You are doing great with your weightloss. You always have such encouraging and supportive things to say to everyone.

Jar- I have a hard time sneaking food in when my DH is gone to. Like Judy says you think you get away with it just cause no one sees but the scale knows.

Bandit- Great Job staying on points. Have fun with Zumba. I always tell myself I am going to give Zumba a try some day probably from the safety of my own home.

Princess- Hope your weigh in is kind tonight.

Taylor- So glad you got yourself a goodnight sleep.

Life - As Dorie on Finding Nemo says :o "Just keep swimming, Just keep Swimming" You will get things turned around. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Terri- How have things been for you this week? Hope you have a great weekend.

bandit2
10-20-2011, 01:09 PM
Hi turtles:

I usually have Fri off but we have 2 people away tomorrow so I am off today
& working tomorrow. It is cool & overcast & we had lots of rain overnight.

I was thinking of making the pumpkin muffins today but not sure of what
size can of pumpkin to use & is the pumpkin "pure" or pie filling. These are probably stupid questions, but I am not a baker so need your help.

I have my w/i tonight & should be down abit. Have stayed completely OP
since Mon and got in my Zumba last night. Tonight after Tops I am going
10 pin bowling with the ladies - that is always a hoot.

Judy - glad you are staying on track and doing so well with your new programme

Jar - yes Zumba is a good workout, only thing I don't like is it is hard to
see what instructor is doing at times and for the hour she just keeps moving
and we have to try and follow what she is doing. BUt it is fun.

Cherry - nice to see you chiming in when you can

Princess - good luck tonight at your weigh in!

All - hope you are all doing well.

Taylorsjourney
10-20-2011, 05:31 PM
hey bandit just replying quick as I'm headed back to work.. I used the pure pumpkin and large can - 796ml I think.. also I omitted the water and used half cup unsweetened applesauce - mmmmm mmmm good..

hope to reply later if not everyone have a great day!!!

Itryharder
10-20-2011, 08:04 PM
Hi TUrtles,
My store didn't have spice cake mix, but the calories on carrot cake mix weren't any worse than the other mixes, so I'm substituting that instead. I'm excited to give this recipe a try. Thanks Taylor for the head's up. :chef: I've got my pumpkin and applesauce and I think i"ll bake tomorrow and freeze for my MOnday night meeting. Sounds like a plan. Dh and I have a few nice things coming up and we're busy, but having fun. Just takes a lot more planning to get everything in. Got to grocery shopping today, the post office to mail packages to grandchildren, two places to order food----I don't cook for the Halloween party----it got to be too much what with last minute touches and decorating and getting into costume----so we have the food delivered. It works out great. What is so weird is that when I cook, it's more expensive since I make so much more than I need.

Bandit, good luck at your WI!!!! :bravo:

Everybody keep on keepin' on! I am so impressed with all our efforts.
Judy
234.6/185.2/179 and thinner. Oh just think.......I could be out of the 180's in 6 weeks. That would be heavenly. In 3# I'll be the lowest I've ever been in WW's in years. Yay! :bravo: and :cool:

Princess1122
10-21-2011, 08:45 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Friday to you all... super cold here today, in the 30's this morning... burrrrr! I need to get my housework and laundry done this morning then I am off to the doctor for a yearly physical which I am kind of nervous about, never thrilled with going to any doctor for some reason.

We are dog sitting for a friend this weekend, she is a 16 lb Boston Terrier named Roxie and a ball of energy... LOL, our German Shep loves her though and is looking forward to having a playmate so it should be an interesting weekend. We are also going to a pumpkin patch with D-GS to get his very first pumpkin on Sunday so that should be fun.

Went to W/I last night and was very happy... I was down 3.6 lbs... yah! So I will keep doing what I am doing and hopefully things will continue to move along.

I sure hope that everyone has a great weekend!

Itryharder
10-21-2011, 10:16 AM
Princess, all that energy and devotion and hard work paid off! :bravo: :goodscale: :balloons: :dance: :cheers: :dancer: :cheer:
Oh, i am sooooooooooooo glad you had a great WI.

Yesterday was a good day for me. I got a little "snacky" at night, but no real damage. Today will be real busy----gotta clean house and then get Halloween boxes, etc. Then we're going to get my dh's birthday present.
All good things-----except the dusting. I hate to dust. I don't even mind sweeping too much----oh, who am I kidding? I really don't like to houseclean. Lol
Anyway-----everybody have a great day. I posted my weight loss on the Friday WI.

Take it easy and have a great weekend.
Judy

bandit2
10-21-2011, 11:29 AM
Hi turtles

Taylor - I ended up making the muffins before I seen your reply
and used regular can of pumpkin pie filling & 1 cup water and they
were very moist - almost too much, but tasted good. So next time
I will follow your instructions with less moisture - definately a recipe
to make regularly, thanks!

Princess - OMG what a fabulous loss! Your efforts are paying off, keep
up the good work.

Judy - glad to hear you are staying on track. I am with you on the dusting,
just seems like such a waste of time, my least favorite thing to to.

I was down 1# last night & bowling afterwards was fun.

Have a good Friday!

CherryAutumn
10-21-2011, 12:37 PM
Wow Turtles everyone is doing great!:carrot:

Princess- Wow you are doing great. Keep up that good work. That is a great loss.

Judy - Great job on the loss this week. I wish I was at 185. (havent been there for 8 yrs. right before I got married.) And so proud of your only 3# to go till new territory on the weight loss.

Bandit- Great job on the pound down. I havent been bowling in forever. Sounds like fun. My DH and I use to go bowling with a group while we were dating. Lots of good memories.

Also a hello to Taylor, Lot2go, and Jar.

I will be back on early this evening with the update on my weightloss this week. Or maybe I will wait till Saturday not sure.

Itryharder
10-21-2011, 03:22 PM
Bandit, another good :goodscale:. Weigh to go! :balloons: :cheers: :cheer: :dancer: :carrot: :exercise: I like to bowl and need to remember that fun activities count as :exercise: too!

Cherry, you're getting there and you'll be at 185# before you know it. Remember, you were my inspiration to try some other program once I wasn't working WW's very well. I'm so glad about that! :smile:

Okay,
Dusing done. Halloween boxes from shed and into house and all boxes unpacked. Now dh and I are probably looking at another 2-3 hours of work to "fine tune" the decorations, but it's a massive amount done. Ever notice the "doing" of something takes much less time than the "procrastinating and whining" over it? That's me, at least.

Gotta run and grab a shower before we go shopping. Have a great WI and let's keep on going. We're doing great.

Seabiscuit, any chance you might like to join our challenge? Love to see you.

Judy

Princess1122
10-22-2011, 08:19 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Saturday morning to you all! I think that it is supposed to be cool but sunny here today so we will be taking the dogs out for a walk this afternoon and I am going to go and meet D-DIL for an aquafit class this morning.

I went to my doctor yesterday for my first yearly physical with him, I need to go and have a bunch of blood work next week and we are going to try a few things for some of the issues that I seem to be having but overall he said that I am in pretty good shape so that is one thing off of my check list.

Looks like everyone did really well this week for their weight loss! How wonderful is that!?!?!?!

I don't have time for personal posts this morning but will try and get back on this evening when things calm down here. Take care and have a great day everyone!

Itryharder
10-22-2011, 11:05 AM
Princess, so glad you got to doc and he says things look good. Always nice to hear.

Got a little snacky because of emotions last night. Need to keep my head on track. Nothing bad, but I don't want to start a cycle of mindless eating and get away from my good habits.

Have a great day everyone. We've got dd and dgs coming to spend the day, then dh and I are heading to local college to hear Debbie Boone. She's got some swing songs and hopefully it will be fun.

You all take care. Be well and happy and keep on keepin' on!
Judy

bandit2
10-22-2011, 12:40 PM
Happy Saturday, everyone:

Tonight I am going to potluck at gf so looking forward to that. I am
taking a veggie casserole that has some rice in it, thought it would go
nicely with cranberry chicken whick one of the ladies is making.
Today I worked on my halloween costume for Tops next Thurs. I had a few different ideas and then this a.m. was in my kitchen and seen my big apron
from Italy which hangs on one of doors as decoration (sounds crazy, looks nice) and got inspired. So basically I am wearing red, white, green.
Red hat with fake grapes, pizza sign and at last minute will secure cheese on it. Then I have white top, big fluffy green skirt, red shoes. Also made necklace from penna pasta & hung wine corks on it. And will wear big apron
that has pictures of wine bottles on it. Will put halloween treats (under 100 cal each) in a wine caraffe to hand out. And thats it.
Sounds kind of nutty but it really looks pretty good and will be easy to dress in before I leave work.

I stayed in last night and ended up having too many snacks after my dinner,
so have to be more careful about that.

Have a great weekend.

Taylorsjourney
10-22-2011, 06:41 PM
Saturday, Saturday, Saturday ...

hey everyone... it is absolutely gorgeous here today so after work I went outside for my walk keeping it at a very brisk speed... I've had a bit of stress added to my world the last 2 days - we are in testing stages to find out why my youngest who is 15 has a raised blood pressure number as well as headaches... then my Mom decided to share that my dad is having tests next week for an issue he has kept quiet about since summer, but he didn't want us kids to know til he knew more... STRESS and WORRY have elevated to the point that I cry at the drop of the hat ( doesn't help that I am pmsing )... last night I actually took a bowl of mac n cheese into the bathroom ( I was hiding from everyone) and sat there having the mother of all wars with my mind and that bowl.. 1 spoonful then another and then I just starting crying .. I realized this wasn't going to solve anything and would just make it worse for me so I left the room of shame ( at that moment is what I felt it was) and went to bed... I did post my Friday WI and was down so yeah for the program working.. today I am doing better, we are all thinking positive and until we know anything more that's how it is going to stay... God only gives us what we can handle right.. I'm just think he feels I can handle more then I think I can :)

Bandit - your costume sounds like so much fun what a great time you will have wearing it... creativity does not run in my genes... congrats on the loss too..

Princess - how did your d-gs like pumpkin patch picking...I hope you had good weather for it... plus the dog sitting, that should be like a bundle of fun x2 LOL.. amazing loss you posted weigh to go...

Itryharder - cleaning isn't on my fun list either.. I find if I put on my headphones that can make it go by quicker, not necessarily cleaner but it's doable LOL... I hope you have a lovely evening listening to Debbie Boone...

Cherry - hey to you tooo.. I hope you and the family are all doing well... maybe some nice weather so that the kids can spend some of their energy outside LOL.. hang in there and have faith in the program and you!! I believe in you!!!

Jar - today at work another lady on WW told me that the points for the Caramel Apple Salad ( I call it dessert because it tastes like a dessert) anyway she said it was 0 points.. now when I found it online it said 1 cup =3pts but was that on the old WW system... she said she did her recipe builder online and it said 0 pts which to me was like YOWZA :dizzy: to me.. are you able to clarify that for me...

If I missed anyone I'm sorry I wish all of you a wonderful weekend!!

Princess1122
10-23-2011, 08:19 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Sunday to you all! It is supposed to be another beautiful day here and that works for us - we are going to meet the grandbaby and his parents for a late breakfast and then head to the pumpkin patch, we have been trying to get there for the last week or so and it has not worked out so hopefully things will fall into place today... I have my camera batteries charged lol!

His mommy is making him a Turtle costume for Halloween this year - how cute, I can't wait to see it and will post pictures if I can!

I did some mindless snacking last night so need to pull myself back in from that! We went up to Whole Foods to look around and see what we could find last night and then stopped at a local BBQ place for supper. My meal was just not very good so I basically did not eat much of it... I thought "why eat it when I dont' even like it very much?" so I left most of it on my plate.

The doctor put me on some medicine to try and control the pain in my joints that I have been having... I am really hoping that it does not cause weight gain so I need to stay away from snacking and really pay attention.

Bandit: It sounds like you have been doing some really fun things with your friends and I love the costume idea! I really wish we had the ability to share picture on this site better because I would love to see how your finished costume looks!

Taylor: Totally understand how you feel, do not beat yourself up about that at all, we have all been there with the stress, etc that life throws at us. I hope that everything turns out well for your family members! My youngest DS had the same issues, high blood pressure and head aches... it was diagnosed as Migraines and with some meds and a change in his eating habits it has all but gone away, he still gets them but not as much. It hit him at about the same age as your daughter come to think about it...

Judy: Sounds like you have a wonderful weekend going... how was Debbie Boone? I bet she put on a wonderful show!

Cherry: Were you and the kids able to get out and enjoy some nicer weather this weekend? Looks like you lost what you had gained and that is a wonderful thing, congrats!

Life: How is your weekend going?

Lots: How are things with you?

Jeanne: How are things with you so far this weekend?

I have to run... have three dogs looking at me wanting their breakfast :D

Itryharder
10-23-2011, 01:32 PM
Hi Turtles,
Taylor, I am sorry you're going through so many issues right now. Things will get better. In the meantime, know we're all pulling for you and your family and sending :goodvibes: As far as the bathroom and the bowl of mac and cheese, going to bed was admirable!!!! I am sure I would have eaten the whole bowl, licked the spoon and gone on the prowl for more foods to devour instead of dealing with the problems causing the hunger/appetite spike. :love:

Princess, thanks for writing daily. You are a constant boost to me. Enjoy the day and pumpkin picking! What delight. To see those adorable baby legs finding their way through a pumpkin patch for the first time-----priceless! As far as the mindless snacking......I'm doing the same thing. Good to rein it and and move on!!!!

Hi everybody-----okay Bandit, you've got to post a picture of your Red, White, and Green Halloween outfit. Sounds fab. So funny, for years I had a handscreened apron of the ocean colors on my kitchen wall. It made me feel I was in the midst of two things I love-----the ocean and the foods I make in the kitchen. Have a great time at the potluck.

Hi to all and a great wrap-up of the weekend.
Yesterday was great until it wasn't. I juggled my food around my grandson and daughter and it was working great. Had my dinner while they ordered pizza. In my mind, I'd skip my snack and have 1/2 slice of pizza. Well, they ordered deep dish pizza (here in NY we call it Sicilian pie) and it was overwhelming. I ate soooooooooo much and felt like a jerk. I disappointed myself. so, today needs to be much better. It will be. We didn't get to Debbie Boone. Grandson really wanted to stay later and we enjoyed our visit. I was too tired after all the carbs anyway......so onto bigger and better day.

:goodvibes: to all of us!!! We can do this. Season's change, situations change, but we keep on keepin' on and tweak our program when we have to.
Judy
234.6/185.2(I hope I still am. Staying *far* away from the scale)/179 and thinner :cool:

jar1965
10-23-2011, 03:18 PM
HI everyone! Happy, happy Sunday! Go STEELERS! ;)

Busy w/e here! My dh is off all w/e and we have done nothing but run! Friday we went to Hobby Lobby and stocked up on yarn! Saturday to a craft show with his parents, out for lunch & out for dinner. Stayed OP tho! (It wasn't easy)!!!!!
Yesterday we went over to the Farmers Market (last one of the season) and got apples, beans & green peppers. This morning we made an entire "large" crock pot of the applesauce! I'm hooked and I absolutely love making it!
Then cleaned, blanched and froze the green beans. I cleaned all the peppers and tom. I'm making a big pot of stuffed pepper soup and freezing it for lunches. Yum!

Taylor - 3Points!!!! Maybe less if you leave the pineapple out!
This is the one I use.....
5 large apples, cubed
ff, sf instant butterscotch pudding
2 1/2 cups crushed pineapple in juice
8 oz. whipped topping (lite)
2 tbl. chopped pecans
And.....keep your chin up! I'm sorry that you have a heavy load on your mind! :hug:

Princess - It's a beautiful day here too! Sitting on the porch as we "speak"!
I bet the turtle costume will be so cute! Have fun at the pumpkin patch! I have some crocheting to do today. I finished a couple of hello kitty hats and got them delivered last night. Today.......Angry Bird hat! hahah! that one is for my 5 year old nephew!

Judy - I love Sicilian Pie!!!!! I would have done the same thing! Sorry you didn't get to Debbie Boone, but...I'm sure you had a lot of fun with your family!

bandit - How was your potluck? Your costume sounds so neat! Share a picture with us! I'm all Italian! My maiden name is Lenzi and my married name is Ramelli! My family & friends joke that we were eating meatballs before we had teeth. (funny thing....they're right)!

Hi Cherry! Hope you had a great w/e!

Well off the computer and onto something else! Have a great day everyone!
jeanne

Princess1122
10-23-2011, 07:20 PM
Hey everyone, my day has been ok but not feeling wonderful on this new medicine that the doctor put me on, I started it yesterday and am not really loving it yet.

Anyway... I was thinking about pictures issue... is anyone here on Facebook? I am and have lots of pictures posted there and would gladly share my info with any that also have an account and would like to become friends so we can see pictures, etc a bit more easily. Let me know!

Have a great night all, I am off to lay down for a bit.

lots2go
10-23-2011, 08:33 PM
Oh my goodness! I feel so out of the loop...Last week was super busy for me, so much so I almost can't remember what all I did lol. I'll just start fresh here :)

I've been starving all week! I stayed within my points though, just like I have been and working out/running everyday....I gained a pound, of course :( but Aunt "flo" just left the other day, so I'm blaming her lol. Hopefully it was just water....we'll see.

I've got a race next Saturday, it's a 15k (9.3 miles) I'm excited....so ready for my 1/2 marathon training to be over with. Although I'm not sure what I'll do when it is...I won't be able to stop running, I love the calorie burn and the way I feel when I'm finished...maybe I just won't be so tired all the time and stressed about "getting my run in"

I'm ready for halloween, I love the excitement for the kids....I'm not looking forward to all that candy though....hopefully I'll be strong enough lol Hope everyone is doing great, cant wait to go back and read the posts :)

Taylorsjourney
10-23-2011, 09:53 PM
good evening turtles and thank you so much for all your positive words and encouragement... it is much appreciated and greatly accepted.. my youngest son has always been my little engine that could and never had anything that would cause you for concern so this has just really given us a loop..

Princess thank you for mentioning the migraines.. I'm curious do others suffer from this in your family.. no one does in ours so I never know if its genetic or just something that happens.. even though they think at 15 they are ready to take on the world to me he is still my baby ( he would cringe if he knew I said that) and my need to hold him to all is better still exits LOL...
I hope that you are feeling better from your medication or at least it will only take a day or two to get adjusted in your system... did you find the perfect pumpkin for your DGS

Jar that is the same recipe I used with the only change being the fat free cool whip... I wonder why her recipe builder said 0 then.. I knew it couldn't be so 3 I will count it for...may I have the recipe for your stuffed pepper soup that sounds delish... how many pts for that... I am addicted to the cream of broccoli I found on the ww site so a change might be good LOL..

Itryharder - ohhhh gracious the pizza pie sounds like heaven.. who says we can't have a piece of that every now and again.. lol.. I don't know if we have something like that here in Canada.. but hey that was yesterday today I am sure you were right back on track and moving forward.. thank you for the hugs and words .. I gather so much strength from others confidence when I find myself lacking in it..

Bandit - how was your potluck??

Cherry, life, lots, terrod - I hope you are all doing well... if I forgot anyone I wish you well too!!

well today was that 10k walk/run that I had hoped to do.. with everything going on I wasn't sure if I would but my dh said that he thought the walk would do me good to get my mind off things.. sooooo I power walked the 10k in 1hr and 23 minutes which I am soooo thrilled with.. it was a gorgeous day - down by the riverfront and absolutely perfect to just let go and GO...now as I type this I just pray I can move, move, move tomorrow LOL

terrod99
10-23-2011, 09:56 PM
Hey All !

Great day here today!! Sunshine.......
Princess some of those meds have a lot of side effects hope you find something that works.
Judy I love reading Princess post too! and yours also, sometimes I have no time to post but get the inspiration i need from you gals.
Bandit where do you find the time!!!!!! You have such an interesting life! I'm envious!
Lots I am out of the loop too, too many posts to catch up, not enough time..
Jar husband is a Steelers fan watched most of the game today!!
Cherry/Taylor hope you gals are keepin at it!
All lets have a great week........
Oh by the weigh!!! I weigh the same did hop on the scale this am..

Terri

Princess1122
10-24-2011, 09:34 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Monday to you all! Rainy here today but I have things inside that need my attention and some cooking to do so I will keep busy with that.

I am heading to the gym to catch an aquafit class this morning - I am trying to get 4 classes in a week so that I keep moving and working thru the stiffness, etc. Doctor thinks it is a cross between osteo arthritis and fibromyalgia (sp?) so we are doing some blood work to figure things out and in the mean time has me on Cymbalta to help with the pain... we will see. The good news is that I am not really very hungry on this med lol!

For my new recipe this week I am going to try to make Shrimp Risotto, we will see how that goes and I will post if it turns out ok.

Taylor: yep, my mother and I both get bad headaches, I get the migraines but she does not. I hope you are able to get it all figured out with him, I know how hard it can be when one of our babies is sick! Yes, we found some wonderful pumkins and got some fantastic pictures!

Bandit: How was your weekend? Are you still loving the Zumba classes? There is a teacher at the gym that I go to right now that I just love! I will be sad when I eventually go back to work and won't be able to take her class anymore, it is so much fun and the time goes so fast!

Judy: How are you doing? Was your party this weekend or next? Sounds like you really are in a good place in your mind for eating and what you have to do with your exercise, you have come such a long way! Congrats to you!

Terri: Yep, this med is not my favorite at all, it is used to treat depression but I guess at some point they figure out that it helps with muscleskeletal (sp?) pain so that is what the doctor put me on for now, not sure if it is the answer or not but I am willing to give it a shot!

Lots: Sounds like you are really burning off the calories! Wow, I am just not that dedicated to actually want to run but I like the classes for my exercise right now and walking with the dogs :D, I really envy those that run and enjoy it!

Cherry: How are you doing? Were you able to get out and enjoy the weekend at all?

Jeanne: I knit and crochet also, right now I have a pair of wrist warmers on the needles and two shaws that I am trying to finish up, I just got done with a pair of socks for D-DIL for Christmas. I went to a fiber fest up in Chicago this year called "Stitches Mid-West" and found some really pretty yarns that I am eager to work. Your hats sound too cute and Angry Birds is soooo popular right now that I just know who ever gets it will love it!

I hope I got everyone and I need to run or will be late for Aquafit... have a great day all!

Itryharder
10-24-2011, 10:05 AM
Hi Turtles,
What a wonderful group we've got going here! I'm running to the dentist so I can't reply to all now. :goodvibes: to the struggles. :love: and :bravo: to the good times. I came up and over the Sat. meltdown and had a great day yesterday. Scale is still up, but I can do this! Talk to you all later. I plan on having another great day today. You too!!!!
Judy

Princess, I'm on facebook and I'd love to be your friend. I'll find the account later today and "friend" you. Love, Me.

bandit2
10-24-2011, 10:27 AM
Hi turtles:

Rainey day up here, but the temp are still pretty high for this time of year.
Heard on the radio coming into work today - 2 months from today is Christmas Eve, before we know it we will be in Christmas mode!

My potluck was nice - got to see my friends new condo and catchup with a few of the ladies I havent't seen in awhile. The "dump cake" I made was
awful and I ended up "dumping" the leftovers out the back for the squirrels.
I followed the recipe exactly with the cake mix mostly stayed the same & barely rose into cake. So maybe the cake mix was stale - have no idea.
But we still had a nice evening.

Yesterday had dinner with my dd & ex at the golf club & that was really nice
He is having dble bypass Wed (for circulation in legs, not heart) so wanted
us all to get together beforehand.

Princess - I am on facebook as well, not sure how to send friend request unless we have proper names.

Sounds like everyone is keeping busy and doing their best, which is great.

Have a good Monday!

Princess1122
10-24-2011, 02:15 PM
Bandit: I sent you my full name via private message... hope to catch up with you on FB!

If anyone else would like to connect that way just let me know and we can share info.

jar1965
10-24-2011, 02:46 PM
Hi! I'm on fb too! I actually have 2~ One for Sweet Baby Depot and then my personal one.
Jeanne Lenzi Ramelli
Hope to get some friend requests soon! ;)

Gotta run! Have a great day everyone!
jeanne

bandit2
10-24-2011, 03:23 PM
OK - I sent you 2 friend request on FB
Gail

Princess1122
10-24-2011, 06:38 PM
Me too! It will be very nice to see pictures of everyone and give us another avenue of support.

You can find me at Susan Cosgrove Collier.

Itryharder
10-24-2011, 06:47 PM
Hi Turtles,
Well, I'm back from dentist and getting ready for my women's group tonight.
We always have plenty to talk about. Today has been good as far as food and :tread: Dh too tired from getting house ready for Halloween to walk the boardwalk, so I finally made myself get on the :tread: As usual, it just wasn't that bad.

Jar, :bravo: and weigh to go for staying OP while having both lunch and dinner out.

Princess, you're right-----I'm trying so much harder now than I did in the past. :chef:What has been so revealing is the amount of food I can eat in order to lose weight. It's teeny tiny----but worth it because the weight does come off. I hope your body gets used to your new meds and that you feel better soon. They should help once you can tolerate them. Our Halloween party is coming up this weekend. Thanks for asking.

Lots2go, starting fresh is very smart. Weigh to go on your run. Hey, by the way, I bought individual bags of pretzels instead of candy. For me, they're less tempting and the kids seem to like them. :dancer:

Taylor---fabulous power walk! I think your dh gave you great advice. It's good to get out and go even when your mind is on other things. :goodvibes:

Terri, good to hear from you. Did you ever think this site would get so busy? Isn't it great? :goodvibes: and :exercise:

Cherry, how are you, dh and the kids doing? :balloons:

Life4evr, how's your work schedule this week? I keep thinking of you working with your client and getting muscles. Yay. :strong: I'm ready to move from 3# weights to 5# weights. Don't anyone get too excited. I do hardly any reps and it's all easy stuff..........but I know it's better than nothing and I'm feeling good.

Gotta run and get some things done.
Take care.
Talk soon.
Judy

CherryAutumn
10-24-2011, 07:09 PM
I am still here. We didnt't get out much with the kids this weekend because everyone has been sick. My youngest ended up with what we think is the German Measles. My oldest has a cold that always ends up in her chest. Trying to keep bronchitis away. My husband got a sinus cold and I am not feeling so great myself. My middle son seems ok except for a sniffle here and there. Sorry that was probably more information than anyone wanted to know. I will try to be back on later.

Taylorsjourney
10-24-2011, 09:35 PM
Oh dear CherryAutumn I remember the days when one comes down with something the others including yourself aren't to far behind...I hope everyone is on the mend and you are able to get some rest yourself...

Itryharder - awesome job on the food and the workout!! hey that's fantastic that you are moving up in the weights... wahooo

Princess it sounds like you had a busy but great weekend.. how was aquafit ? My family has fibromyalgia (sp) in it so I can feel for you.. My Mom's last year of work before she retired was so painful on her... she had the tests done and had all the pts they say clasify it for Fibro.. her sisters all have it to and we figure my gram had it as well.. I find now that for me at the age of 45 I am showing signs of it and the winters are the worse time of the year for me.. my muscles just ache!!

Bandit - I'm glad you had a good visit with your friends but sorry about your dump cake... I have to say I admire you and your friendly relationship with your ex.... mine is well I can't figure out a word that I could politely describe him so I say kudo to you!! Thank goodness a kind caring man came into my life and helped take the sadness away!

Jar - I see your Steelers won!! my dh was so sad his Lions didn't come thru...how did your soup turn out?

today was one of those days for me that I wanted to chew my way thru everything in sight... today was a scheduled rest day for my workouts and I'm not sure if that worked in my favour... I drank water every time I felt hungry.. I ate fruit .. I tried coffee ( okay that might not be the greatest of choice but I love coffee so thought why not).. even now as I sit here typing this all I want to do is run to the kitchen and grab anything my hands could... so welcome to the beginning of my week... I so hope my TOM comes quick ( never thought I would say that) because this is the worst I've had it in a long time.. wonder if it has to do with the emotional roller ride Im on!! UGGH.. so far I've managed and Ive brushed my teeth now twice to try to keep me from caving LOL...

Im on FB too.. msg me if you would like my name Ive tried to private msg everyone and let's just say computer tech I AM NOT lol...I have issues with public content (my friend had theft identity so it left its mark)...

have a great evening!!! I'm off to brush my teeth again HAHAHAHAH

terrod99
10-25-2011, 07:00 AM
Chilly Tuesday!

Layering up for walking this morning. I am not on facebook, never really had time to set it up, maybe will think about it for you guys!

Princess give that drug at least a few weeks to start to work, if it doesn' there are many others you can try, DH is going through the same thing right now.
Judy there are so many posts I can't read them all!!!! Can't keep up. Inee to go to the dentist but have been procastinating!!! I should make an appointment. Am due for a mammo too!!!
Bandit thos cakes are hit and miss, too bad yours didn't turn out.
Taylor I have those days, it doesn't stop til you go to bed, hope for a better day tommorrow.
Cherry we have all had the cold/sinus here too! It will get better soon!
Life hope your keepin on!
Jar/Lots you gals keep at it and check in when you can.

Terri

jar1965
10-25-2011, 08:49 AM
Brrrr....it is a chilly mornng!
Thanks for the friend adds on fb girls! Isn't it nice to "see" eachother!?!?

Soup.....I didn't get it made. I am starting it as soon as I get off of here! ;)

Have a good OP day everyone! I'm shooting for some exercise today.

Jeanne

PS - We LOVE our Steelers!

Princess1122
10-25-2011, 09:42 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all! Is it very chilly here also but the sun is supposed to come out with rain tomorrow so we will enjoy today!

I am off to my Zumba class this morning and will walk with my TOPS gals this evening so I am getting in my exercise. I did make it to Aquafit yesterday and it was a good class, the pool was not too cold and that is always a wonderful thing lol!

I was able to friend a few of us yesterday and look forward to connecting with the rest soon, it is wonderful to "See" everyone like Jeanne said!

Terri: Yep, I am taking the meds daily and will keep at it, yesterday was rough in the afternoon, thank God I am not working right now because I really was not feeling well at all and ended up laying down for a few hours. I hope your husband feels better with this soon, it is not a fun thing to go thru, not the end of the world by any means but not fun either LOL.

Jeanne: It is a great day to make soup! What kind are you making? I saw your hat pictures! They are really wonderful!

Bandit: How are you doing this week? Have you read anything good lately? I'll bet you had some nice reading time while you were on the beach, I love reading while laying on the beach listening to the waves... ahhhh! Do you have your yard all ready for the winter weather? I have been trying to work on mine but am not done yet...

Judy: Good job getting on the treadmill even when you didn't want to, that is a huge thing for all of us that don't really love exercise LOL, I count it as a victory when I ever I actually get my weekly exercise in :D - what are you reading right now?

Cherry: Ugh, I remember those days too when the whole house gets sick, I hope that you are able to get thru it and feel better really soon!

Lots: How are you doing, are you still training for your marathon? I love Halloween also, not purchasing the candy till Monday morning though this year otherwise the DH and I just eat it :devil: LOL - we are both candy crazy people!

Life: How are you doing these days?

Taylor: Yeah, it is not fun, I have to go and have my blood work done and will try and do that tomorrow. I am anxious to see what it shows. I know what you mean about feeling hungry some times more than others, it is like that for me also. I was having issues with my TOM - it was coming like every 2-3 weeks so I finally went to the doctor about it, she ran a bunch of tests, etc and none of it showed anything, they said I was not going into menopause or anything... now I only get my TOM like every two months... it is crazy! I am 49 years old and have all the signs of menopause but the doctor says I am not even close... go figure!

I have to run, I hope I did not miss anyone. Have a great day all!

jar1965
10-25-2011, 10:05 AM
Susan - thank you! That Angry Bird one I did off of a picture! I didn't even know what Angry Bird was! haha! My puppy and Hello Kitty ones are on my other fb page. Sweet Baby Depot......check it out when you can. There are many other crochet things on there too! My Sweet Baby Depot Page is the one with the crochet pink awareness ribbon as the default pic. Someone told me there was 2 of them?!?!?

jeanne

bandit2
10-25-2011, 11:13 AM
Morning, turtles:

Judy - So glad you are getting in your exercise and doing well with the weights.
How are you managing your hunger when eating really small amounts? Lately, I just can't seen to get full.

Cherry - Sorry to hear your family is all sick, hope you get better soon.

Taylor - I have always had good relationship with my ex which makes
everything better, especially when a child is involved. Like you, I seemed
extra hungry yesterday & ended up having cake at the office, then got my hair cut at night which was right beside pizza place so had to pickup pizza after that & ended up eating the whole darn thing. Seriously, not a good way to start the week.

Terri - Nice you are also getting in your walking & yes, it was alittle nippy
this a.m.

Princess - You are really doing fabulous with all the exercise you are doing - awesome! I haven't read anything new for awhile. As far as my yard,
before my gf left for Florida we planted some bulbs & cleared out the front flowerbeds. But last Wed night an old tree blew down so have to deal with that soon. And raking leaves from now til it snows keeps me busy.
We have lots of big trees so no shortage of leaves to rake.

As for myself - still eating too much. Really been struggling since holiday.
Starting bootcamp tonight which is unlimited classes for next 30 days,
so hopefully that will be good & along with my Wed evening Zumba classes
get my butt in gear. But I really should rejoin my walking center - I did well with that and really enjoyed it.

All - have a great Tuesday.

Itryharder
10-25-2011, 05:28 PM
Hi Gals,
I'm rushing again-----this may be my pace from now until Christmas/New Year.
I'm reading Mae Binchey's Tara's Road.
My best recent book was What Alice Forgot. Loved it.

Princess, great exercise!

Jar, great knitted and crochetted items. Really clever and complicated. :bravo:

Bandit, thanks for setting up Turtle Group on FB. It's so easy. Is it true that those posts are private because I'd like to post photos, but don't want them available to anyone outside our group. :dancer:

Hey, do you think we're all extra hungry because of the change in the weather? I know this happens to me every fall. To keep myself full, I eat two pieces of fruit, small, and a yogurt inbetween my tiny meals. i also eat a bar that has only 110 calories and is loaded with vitamins and minerals. It also must have a lot of fiber because that with a glass of water fills me in.
I eat a huge salad with every lunch and I have at least a cup of cooked vegetables with every dinner. Hope this helps. I find spacing out the food keeps my hunger level. Trust me, I'm never stuffed------but this is manageable. Okay-----really thinking of getting on :tread: but I may not make it today. Did my DVD this morning though and I used 5# weights for the first time in a long time.

Have a great day!
Gotta run
Judy

Taylorsjourney
10-25-2011, 10:49 PM
Hi everyone.. I am just getting in from work and am whipped.. it's nice when you start later in the day but it stinks when you get home later too..

Sounds like everyone is having the munchie fest this week and I totally agree Judy maybe it is the weather contributing to it.. I just wish it would pass.. driving home from work I was salvating(sp) just thinking about cheesey doritos.. come on now they aren't even in my house but man could I taste them on that drive home LOL...

Thanks again to everyone who helped get the Fb site set up and love the turtles name and profile pic how fitting.. my gracious the amazing smiles you all have is awesome.. I'm not that tech knowledgeable so I can't answer the private thing and since FB is changing all the time I get more confused then anything about it..

okay going to head to bed but great job today everyone and if some stumbled there is always tomorrow...

night

bandit2
10-26-2011, 06:35 AM
Hi turtles:

Well, my bootcamp was a bust. We had a groupon coupon, so either the place never existed or they moved. Will look into it when their office opens.
So needless to say no exercise other than driving around trying to find the place. How frustrating. But tonight I definately have Zumba & that is same centre as my walking, so will rejoin while I am there - No excuses.

As far as the FB thing, I think as long as you post within the group it is private, but I really only use FB to look at pictures so not really sure.

Stayed OP completely yesterday & all planned out for today. My ex's surgery has been postponed since he has a cold, so won't be going to hospital today.

Judy - thanks for info for what you are doing to stay OP, sounds good and having smaller portions more often makes alot of sense.

Taylor - Hope you made it home without giving into temptation & now
everywhere we go there are halloween goodies and the office treats are beginning to show up as well.

I think Judy is right that the weather has something to do with our cravings.
Rainey chilly days call out for some comfort food - so lets all dig out our
crockpots and fill it with something warm & point friendly.

I was reading about someone having a "snack box" which had OP snacks that they could have when mood strikes. One in the fridge & one on the counter.
So you have a few things in each, that when you just have to have something it has to come from these boxes. Worth a try!

Have a great Wednesday!

terrod99
10-26-2011, 06:57 AM
Hey Bandit too bad about the boot camp was looking forward to hearing about it, snack box sounds like a great idea too!

Judy I am reading Jody Picoult- Mercy, just started it!

Princess all that exercise should be good for the body pain and the scale!!!

Everyone keep at it! we are doing this!

Terri

Princess1122
10-26-2011, 07:19 AM
good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all... I am heading out the door to get my blood work done and then heading for the first cup of coffee I can find... LOL, ugh, have to do a 12 hour fast for the blood work so I am really ready for some caffine!

Will come back later on.

CherryAutumn
10-26-2011, 12:24 PM
Thanks for all the well wishes for me and the family. Some are on the mend and some still not feeling great but we will get there.

Taylor- I so know how you feel with days that make you want to shove what ever you can find in your mouth. Sounds like you did your best to fight it off.

Princess- Hope things go well for you this morning.

Bandit- The "snack box" sounds like it might be a good idea.

Judy- Yay on using the 5 pound weights. You are doing a great job.

Jar- It is Chilly here to. I have been eating lots of soup.

Terri- I am not on facebook either and I dont think I plan to. I try to be careful about personal info about my family online.

Taylorsjourney
10-26-2011, 12:39 PM
good morning ladies...

it's one of those days where you don't know if the sun is going to stay out or if the clouds will overtake it.. got up early and did a 1000 calorie burn on my treadmill.. take that cravings... now I'm just trying to get caught up with the water my body needs after..

Bandit - thats terrible about your bootcamp.. I belong to the groupon coupon in my area and have often seen specials come across for classes so what a disappointment to have that happen.. Zumba tonight will shake all that frustration out LOL.. have fun.. great idea about the snack box too.. thanks for sharing..

Princess - I am a java fuel junkie.. admitting it is the first and only step I'm willing to take.. I look forward to that first cup after my workouts!! I hope bloodwork gives you some answers.. how are you making out on the meds? getting better?

Terri - let us know how the book is.. keep up the awesome job

Jeanne - I've scoped thru your FB and you have a beautiful family.. Steelers fans you truly are and your crocheting(sp) is awesome.. I have to admit I had to look up angry bird to understand what you were talking about, but my son liked the hat.. I said want me to get you one and he gave me are you nuts look ( he's 15) lol..

CherryAutumn how are you and your family feeling.. I hope everyone is on the mend..

Lots2go - how goes everything with you and your training.. I was saying today to Jar that I've been told I have a mental block when it comes to running..I don't think I can do it and until I get past that I won't know if I can or not.. I downloaded the couch 2 5k on my bb but that's as far as it's gone LOL.. neon sign blinking "block block block"" lol

Itryharder - how did you feel after using the 5 pound weights.. I have a stretching dvd I should pull out of the case and check out..

Life - how goes it?

Well yesterday we got some good news to a degree.. my sons tests came back that their was nothing in his sinus's to be what is affecting his headaches. The Dr wants me to watch him and record everytime one occurs..He hasn't had one since Sunday so I see this as a good thing.. we go today to record his b/p and he has taken some steps to improve his eating habits.. I found out that while at school he would get one of those energy drinks and when we sat down to look at its true contents the salt/sugar /aspartame in it would make my head explode.. we will do the monitoring til his next appointment unless a severe headache occurs.. so good news I'm taking it as and praying that with a few changes in his diet maybe we can get the rest under control.. alrighty I have a list of to do's today so better get moving..

Have an awesome day!!

Itryharder
10-26-2011, 04:34 PM
Hi Turtles,
Well, my WI at JC wasn't great. I was up .6#. But at WW's I was down .6#.
The amounts I weigh at both places isn't the same, but it's close enough. I've got a long way to go, and I need to make each day count.
Had my luncheon here for WW. friends today. So much fun! Delicious food and low calorie/low points plus But dh came in with potato chips for party and I want to indulge in them------crazy me. Okay, no more chips for today for me!!!!!

Cherry, glad some of you are feeling better and the ones who are feeling worse should feel better soon. :goodvibes: You are good hearted to take such good care of your family and keep on keepin' on!

Taylor, 1000Cal. burn!!!!!! Holy Moley----that's a lot of :tread: and :strong:
Being on an emotional roller coaster pulls out all the stops for me and I have to try every trick in the book not to eat at that time. Especially when the cravings won't stop. Good for you! Very good news about your son. Glad the tests came back fine.

Terri, yes----keeping up with all our posts daily is a lot but I know how much it helps me. I love Jodi Picault and haven't read Mercy. I'll look for it in my library.

Jar, that exercise is wonderful.. Weigh to go! :exercise:

Princess, glad you're getting in Zumba. I hear it's a wonderful exercise. Weigh to go! Here's for another great WI this week. :goodscale:

Bandit, oh, that's terrible of Groupon to have this offer not be real. I'm sorry that worked out that way for you, butit's good you've got other :strong: to do.

I found the 5# weight okay. I don't do too much and I was careful with the weights. They are for my arms and I'd love to firm up some of my flabby arms. Lol. Any improvement helps.

Gotta run-----you're all the best.
Life4evr, :goodvibes: and take care of yourself.
Judy
234.6/185.8/179 and thinner :cool:

Princess1122
10-27-2011, 07:33 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Thursday to you all! It is a rainy and cool morning here today... I am heading out soon to go and spend the day with the grandbaby while his mommy gets some things done so it will be a fun day. I have my W/I tonight, the scale has not done a lot this week for me but I have my exercise in this week and eating has been ok so we will see how it goes. Our Halloween meeting is tonight and we do a pitch in with that as one of our two food events that are allowed so it will be a fun evening.

I will pop back later on today to see how everyone is doing and get my personal posting done...

jar1965
10-27-2011, 11:00 AM
Hi everyone! Busy here cleaning and doing laundry! I want to get done so I can sit down and crochet. :D I'm so addicted. I added my shop on Etsy if anyone goes there.....

Tomorrow is WI......praying for a loss. As of yesterday (I cheated & looked) I didn't move the scale. :(

My dh is on afternoon turn. Yuck! Makes for a long evening! And....I catch myself picking all evening too!:o I think I will go for some groceries after he leaves......Anyone have any new snack ideas you may have tried this week? I had those Twists ~ Pastry Puffs (can't remember the brand) but 3 was only 1 POINT! And with a cup of coffee, they were very good.

Gotta run! Have a great & healthy day!
jeanne

bandit2
10-27-2011, 11:08 AM
Morning, turtles:

Cool rainey today - just makes you want to curl up and watch a good movie.
I also have my Tops meeting tonight & it is a halloween party & we can bring some treats (under 100/each) So should be fun. I will be up again at the scales, haven't recovered from last weekend. BUt got my Zumba in last night
and rejoining my walking centre tomorrow.

Groupon is crediting my visa which is good - first time had a problem with that and have gotten some really good deals, so hopefully won't happen again.

Princess - good luck at the scales tonight, with all your hard work I am sure you will do well.

Judy - you are doing great, so keep up the good work. A little gain here & there is just a way to keep you on your toes!

Taylor - Glad you got good news about your son. So nerve wracking when your kids are sick. Some of the kids also use the energy drinks as mix with their alcohol which is very dangerous.

So what is everyones plans for the weekend?

Itryharder
10-27-2011, 03:37 PM
Hi Turtles,
We've gotten long. See you all at #267 Bale of Turtles Meeting the Challenge!
Judy

Itryharder
10-27-2011, 05:23 PM
BAndit, what great perspective.......a little gain here and there keeps us on our toes. Thanks. Just what I needed to hear.
Judy