Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-17-2011, 11:16 AM   #1  
Creepin' in the Corner

S/C/G: 300/272/160

Height: 5'5"

Default A big hurdle overcome.

I was always meek and felt guilty for any sort of praise. I shut up my thoughts with cookies/candy hidden in my desk at work.
I felt like I was on the bottom of the ocean, looking up, and that light was just too far away for me. No matter how I swam, something would make me sink again.
I was treated like crap at my job, and I just took it. I knew how unfair things were, but I was too scared. I just sat there, in that desk feeling worthless more and more. I guess alot of people picked up on that, and just pushed me around.
Last week, I am happy to say...I quit. I got angry for the first time, despite my tummy in knots, I told my inner voice "Shut up, you deserve better then this!!! Stop feeling so guilty and take what you want, or it will pass you by!"
So I'm taking the steps to enter the healthcare provider field. I want to be able to soothe and care for people who hurt on the inside (and outside!) too.
I know there will be sad days, but I think I'm finally able to get my head above water for the first time in 4 years. I'm so scared, but I just feel like I can get my life on track again.
I know I haven't 'beaten' this depression thing. But I just want people who read this to know, that that little person inside has amazing beauty and strength! <3
retrogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:54 PM   #2  
MariaGrazia

S/C/G: 163/149/125

Height: 5.4

you are right: you deserved better than that. you have given youself a really great gift. good luck!
magraba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 24W/10-12/10-12

Height: 5', 5"

The title of one of my favorite books is..."If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat." Congrats on following your heart, putting you first and getting out of the comfort boat. No matter what the future holds remember you have already accomplished something really great....you swallowed the fear and followed your heart.

Last edited by free1; 10-17-2011 at 01:08 PM.
free1 is offline   Reply With Quote