Old 10-16-2011, 01:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/146/130

Height: 5'4"

Smile A couple of things...

So yesterday I was not feeling well close to dinner time. I couldn't put my finger on it until I looked at my food journal. I had not had any red meat in 3 weeks. My journal consisted of nothing but chicken and fish. I tend to be anemic anyway, so I decided that a little red meat might be in order. I opted for a flat iron steak from my favorite local restaurant. It was DELICIOUS...and made me feel better almost instantly!!! YEAH for steak!!! :-)

It did have a side of chimichurri sauce that I used a tiny bit of...not sure if it would be allowed on plan or not so I opted to barely use it.

On another note...I just made the cereal pancakes for myself for lunch. Instead of vanilla, all I had on hand was almond extract. I also used quite a bit of cinnamon. The one thing that I noticed is that they are fairly thin...not all that fluffy. I am wondering if I added too much water. I used a spray for each pancake of spray butter and WF syrup. They were tasty...I can see them becoming a staple but my question is this...

How do I count the egg whites? Do I decrease the meat I eat for dinner?

So thankful for all the awesome ideas I get from this website!!!! Hugs to you all for doing this part of life with me!!!
scpnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:38 PM   #2  
Happy Spring!

S/C/G: 195//35

Height: 5'5

I'm not 100% sure, but I remember somebody saying that a few egg whites were ok to have as extra if we were really hungry, so I don't think you need to take away from your meat. I have 'Simply Egg Whites' every now and then if I'm really hungry and it hasn't slowed my pace. Hope this helps
Katie8810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:44 PM   #3  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Katie is right, they are extra, you don't have to count them as part of your protein.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:14 PM   #4  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

It depends on your coach and what YOU think. My coach says you have to use them as part of your protein, other coaches don't. I try to do what the rules say and basically egg whites are part of your protein limit. Eggs were added to the protocol for the vegetarians to get protein they need. At least that is what my Clinic says.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote