Goal Photo Album - 150 pounds down, 82 inches lost

View Full Version : 150 pounds down, 82 inches lost

lossforlife
10-16-2011, 04:57 AM
Hello :)

SORRY the title is wrong!! I did not lose 301 pounds, I lost 150 pounds but started at 301. OOPS!!

OK the before and after shot.

I am 5'8" and was 301 pounds at my heaviest.

The big picture is of me at around 270 pounds ( a rare picture of me obese, I did a great job with camera dodging :D ) The smaller me is around 140 pounds. I currently sit around 147 pounds as I have stopped running for a while, which sees me gain back around half a stone.

I have already posted a lot about my weight loss in this GOAL forum and hope to inspire others, it can be done the natural way :carrot:

lossforlife
10-16-2011, 05:03 AM
PS can someone edit my title to read '150 pounds down :D'

Thanks xx

bargoo
10-16-2011, 09:37 AM
Congratulations on a great job.
I think you naeed a moderator to correct your title. whether it was 301 or 150 it is still outstanding !

98DaysOfSummer
10-16-2011, 09:50 AM
Wow. That is dramatic! Congratulations!

ahyessophie
10-16-2011, 02:51 PM
Wow, you are so teeny now! Great work.

brittanyk7
10-16-2011, 02:55 PM
OMG! You look like a different person!!!!! You look AMAZING!!

tiwiwas
10-16-2011, 04:26 PM
I truly needed to see your success story---I have so much to lose and I needed encouragement. I so understand the not taking pictures thing.

lossforlife
10-16-2011, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the comments, quite a change I do find myself takenaback when I catch the reflection. I must admit, that 'bigger me' picture I had not seen for a year or so up until last weekend. That was quite some reminder! Tiwiwas, I am keeping a blog about what I went through. As soon as I get to 25 posts I shall stick it on here. I though it nigh on time I documented everything! :) xx

evilwomaniamshe
10-16-2011, 10:07 PM
Loss4life, WOWSERS you look FABU! Congrats on such an accomplishment, way to getter done & oh yeah welcome to maintenance-land! ;)

NoMoreKnit
10-17-2011, 09:28 AM
Amazing! Great Work! You look fabulous, love the red skirt!

icandothis2
10-17-2011, 02:12 PM
Great Job....You look amazing...

free1
10-17-2011, 02:14 PM
You look AMAZING and like a totally different person. This is so inspiring for me as I work to get out of the 2s and into Onederland. CONGRATS and thanks for posting.

lissvarna
10-17-2011, 03:13 PM
You look amazing- you're the same height as me, so this is very motivating! Congrats!

lossforlife
10-17-2011, 04:29 PM
Aw thanks very much :) Weird eh. You know I only just got around to showing my work buddies the before and after piccys :o Crazy eh. It just goes to show how a body can change I guess no matter what state it is in initially :)

lossforlife
10-17-2011, 04:44 PM
I just wanted to share something with you all. I have been writing about my weight loss for 6 years now and have FINALLY managed to put something together where the words are flowing out of me readily. It is a blog and a post weight loss blog at that. I would love it if you could take a read, I have tried to be as honest as I can about each and every stage of the loss and I am still going to add to the blog, as and when things come to mind.

Writing this has been so cathartic for me. I have been very closed off about the whole experience up until now, I guess I feel ready to share my experiences with everyone.

http://whatajourneymyweightlossstory.blogspot.com/

RazzleNDazzle
10-18-2011, 02:15 AM
Thank you for posting, I view these stories to stay focused and motivated. You look great, and done so well.

Karig89
10-24-2011, 03:23 PM
wow! you are an inspiration..great work! :) this is so encouraging, thanks for posting your pictures!

Emme
10-24-2011, 04:32 PM
Wow, you look amazing! Great job!! :cheer:

MariaS
10-24-2011, 04:46 PM
That's an incredible job, well done :)

4theloveof
10-25-2011, 12:54 AM
you look great! congratulations!!

Visionary
10-25-2011, 10:03 AM
wow. You look wonderful. I am having a challenging time and your pics and story really helps. Thanks so much for sharing it! Great Job!!!! :carrot:

lossforlife
10-25-2011, 07:08 PM
Thanks everyone :) It is only recently that I have really taken myself back to where it all started, it has been enlightening again, in some ways almost as if it has happened to someone else. Madness :D

BerkshireGrl
10-27-2011, 02:22 PM
Holy kamoly! :D You are really transformed! Much applause and respect for all your hard work and determination :yay:

Thank you for sharing your story (I am reading your blog now) and your photos! I'm your height also so it gives me a glimpse at what a skinny 5'8" would look like...

1049jess
10-29-2011, 12:16 AM
Awesome! You look fantastic!!!

redrose8988
11-08-2011, 11:42 PM
You look fabulous! And I love your outfit, too. Can't wait till I look as great as you do in it! :) Good work

bumbee
12-28-2011, 11:44 AM
You look great

Turtle Mommy
12-30-2011, 09:59 AM
You look awesome!

hhaffner
01-01-2012, 07:56 PM
wow, congratulations.

seaurchin
01-01-2012, 08:06 PM
I can only think of one word right now---WOW!

[url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/] http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar097/slider-chicken/lb/233/140/202/.png

xJox
01-05-2012, 06:11 PM
You look fantastic.

andrew80k
01-06-2012, 01:41 PM
For the last few days I have picked one of the stories in the Goal! section each day and read it. Today I read your story. I am fascinated by the human condition, especially those that have transformed themselves as dramatically as you have. You have offered a unique perspective on it that I haven't seen before. Particularly the feeling that people like you now because you are thin, and didn't because you were ... not.

I do not pretend to understand how you feel now or how you felt then and would never tell a person how they should feel. People feel how they feel and usually it's up to them to change that. But I will offer this to you as perspective. I have known many people throughout my life, and despite their personal challenges the ones that have been the most "likable" were the ones that liked themselves. Don't get me wrong, I know there are lots of shallow people out there. They have their own disorders. But it is entirely possible that more people gravitate to you now because you like you and it shows. You have accomplished something amazing and you should be proud. You did it for you and no one can take that accomplishment away from you.

PS. Shallowly, I will say you do look fantastic. :)

lossforlife
01-20-2012, 05:50 PM
Andrew, I only just saw your post. Thanks for taking the time to comment :)

I totally agree with you, people naturally gravitate towards others who outwardly convey comfort and ease with themselves. There are plenty of bigger people out there who are comfortable with themselves and I bet they are mega likeable, popular and approachable.

My own insecurities when I was bigger were born from bullying and negative, hurtful comments. It is
easy to think that we can let those ride over our heads an, in hindsight, I wish I had had the strength to ignore the twits who put me through that but I was pretty vulnerable at the time.

Now, regardless of the weight loss, I have learned to love me again. I accept that I a
who I am and that not everyone will like me (no matter what I look like) but I am a nice person and deserve due respect forthat. Perhaps that comes witha little bit of age?

I wasted years not liking myself very much but this whole journey has taught me to love myself again.

I hope that does not sound too cheesy :D x

BerkshireGrl
01-20-2012, 10:47 PM
^ not cheesy at all :)

MzMoMo
01-22-2012, 02:10 PM
You look really amazing! Very Inspirational! Great job! :carrot:

HealthyMeWannabe
01-22-2012, 03:51 PM
Wow! you have done an amazing job! Love the pics! Well done! :)

sarcruze
01-24-2012, 05:42 AM
U look so lil now!!! Thank u for posting ur pics cause it helps me stay on track with my eating.

andrew80k
01-24-2012, 10:46 AM
Andrew, I only just saw your post. Thanks for taking the time to comment :)

I totally agree with you, people naturally gravitate towards others who outwardly convey comfort and ease with themselves. There are plenty of bigger people out there who are comfortable with themselves and I bet they are mega likeable, popular and approachable.

My own insecurities when I was bigger were born from bullying and negative, hurtful comments. It is
easy to think that we can let those ride over our heads an, in hindsight, I wish I had had the strength to ignore the twits who put me through that but I was pretty vulnerable at the time.

Now, regardless of the weight loss, I have learned to love me again. I accept that I a
who I am and that not everyone will like me (no matter what I look like) but I am a nice person and deserve due respect forthat. Perhaps that comes witha little bit of age?

I wasted years not liking myself very much but this whole journey has taught me to love myself again.

:D Not cheesy at all. It's a shame that, as a society, we cannot accept people for who and what they are. I have young children and I see all the time that kids can be cruel and hurtful to others, for no apparent reason other than someone looks a little different. I try to teach my children to be kinder and more understanding and hopefully that will translate into them being more sensitive as adults.

I am happy to hear that you have reconciled with yourself through the process. I'm certain it wasn't easy. Congratulations are in order, for that is a greater accomplishment than the weight loss.

omgzitsmiranda
01-24-2012, 11:06 AM
You look amazing girl!
You hold almost 150lbs amazinglyyyyyyyy!
If I could look that awesome at 150 I would stay there lol! :D

Great job!

Dawnberry
01-24-2012, 01:20 PM
you look lovely!

peasandcarrots
03-31-2012, 12:08 PM
Thankyou for sharing. You look great.

guacamole
04-04-2012, 03:30 PM
You are so svelte, chic, and stylish! Congratulations on all of your dedication and hard work...it really paid off!

Jez
04-04-2012, 11:48 PM
You are SO awesome.

Elliemar
04-05-2012, 05:48 AM
........Now, regardless of the weight loss, I have learned to love me again. I accept that I a

Not cheesy at all and I can totally identify. I do think age has something to do with it too.

A huge YAY to your amazing weight loss. The differences between that pic in Rome and the after one are incredible and you should be very proud of yourself! :carrot:

PS - I have the same mirror - hope I look as good in it at target! :D

evepet
04-05-2012, 10:22 AM
I just want to add another congratulations on your weight loss acheivement. Not only do you look amazing, but you should feel so proud of yourself for having the dedication and motivation to accomplish your goal. Mega kudos to you.

HERMIONY
04-10-2012, 07:39 AM
you look great!

Butterfly1987
04-14-2012, 07:52 AM
Well done, you look absolutely fantastic! :-D

jmorgan17
05-12-2012, 11:59 AM
Somehow I landed here and saw your after picture. This morning woke up and really got disgusted with my gut... seriously when did THIS happen? Do I name it? I cannot love this. So after researching optifast I think Im ready to fight back. My question is how did you do it? What did you do and what kind of exercise? I would love to know. I have about the same amount of weight to loose. That after picture was SO INSPIRING. I want that old life back. You must really be enjoying life and shopping! he he.

OntarioGirl35
06-10-2012, 08:30 PM
Wow...you look gorgeous. Very inspiring. Keep it up!

amandasweet
06-11-2012, 11:33 PM
I'm thinking of using WW for maintenance and this is very inspiring!

healthyginger
07-02-2012, 05:01 PM
Wow!! What an inspiration fot me. You look just beautiful.

Terra1984
07-10-2014, 12:12 PM
How long did you take you to get to goal?

Ariel13
08-14-2014, 02:06 AM
:cheer2::cheer3::congrat: You look amazing! Thanks for sharing these pictures with us. :cheer::bravo: