Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-15-2011, 11:02 AM   #1  
Pink Leopard Power

S/C/G: 351.2/ticker/185

Height: 6'0

Default Any other repeat offenders?

I was so proud of myself for getting well below 300 lbs for the first time since high school... but in ONE summer (I moved in with my fiance, and we got married about 2 months ago), I gained it ALL BACK but 7 lbs!!! 6 months of hard work! BLAH! Anyways the scrubs I bought for my internship are freaking tight and I actually split a pair last week getting into my car. It's time to lose it... any other repeat offenders?
JollyGreenSteen19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:48 AM   #2  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

I've lost and regained 30 lbs in the past. It's definitely depressing to see all of your hard work go down the drain!

I'm really focusing this time on making LIFETIME changes and accepting the fact that I will always have to watch what I eat, even in maintenance. Before (about 8 years ago) I stupidly thought that when I became "skinny" I could eat whatever I wanted and not worry about gaining weight. Ha!
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:08 PM   #3  
Changing for good!

S/C/G: 273/ticker/195

Height: 6'1"

The previous post says it all for me too - that's exactly what I did/thought. I lost 30 pounds or so doing ww once, then gained it back, then atkins the second time about 10 years later, then gained it back. Since then I've added an extra 20 pounds from having 3 children.. so now I have even further to go. But at least I now realize and accept that for me, it's going to take this kind of control FOR LIFE if I want to achieve and hold onto my goals. I do feel empowered this time around, like it's my choice to eat or not, cheat or not, and sometimes I'll make either choice, but the big story is that I'll get right back on track at the next meal and keep going.

Good luck to you - it's nice to see another tall gal on here! Let's get the job done together, kay?
kirsteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Oh, yeah, many times but the last time clicked and I have been able to keep it off, but I have gone throught tha tlose, regain lose, regain more times than I care to admit.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:34 PM   #5  
One decision at a time.

S/C/G: 213/195/150

Height: 5'9''

Yes, in fact I posted a sort of "cheers to those of us who are at it again" post the other day:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...ting-over.html

I hope this time it sticks for you - I know I am in a committed mindset now.
Jessica Committed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:50 PM   #6  
Lok'tar Ogar!

S/C/G: 248.6/ticker/170

Height: 5'9

There are plenty "repeat" offenders here! I am one of them. Nothing to be ashamed of. Just getting back on is a courageous thing to do. Good luck!
Soft Speaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:17 PM   #7  

Height: 5'3"

Yes. I have lost and regained so many times that it is not even funny....not that it ever was funny.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:23 PM   #8  
shwerk

S/C/G: 274/158/145

Height: 5'7"

i've lost and regained 100 lbs. it definitely blows, haha. only took 2.5 years to regain alllll of that. ugh.
gagalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:06 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhThePlaces View Post
I've lost and regained 30 lbs in the past. It's definitely depressing to see all of your hard work go down the drain!

I'm really focusing this time on making LIFETIME changes and accepting the fact that I will always have to watch what I eat, even in maintenance. Before (about 8 years ago) I stupidly thought that when I became "skinny" I could eat whatever I wanted and not worry about gaining weight. Ha!
Ditto! I've lost and regained weight several times in the past. In fact, the last time, I became so discouraged that I stopped trying for at least five years. In June of this year, I finally had the motivation to try again, and like you, I am committing only to lifestyle changes, not temporary fixes.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:34 PM   #10  
Pink Leopard Power

Thanks so much ladies for letting me know I'm not alone and that you have overcome the obstacle! It's so hard to get back into the swing. Just in April I thought I was CURED of my sugar addiction - but it was a slippery slope after that I feel like I'm ready to get back into the swing of it!!! No time like the present.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:59 PM   #11  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

You're DEFINITELY not alone. Make sure you forgive yourself for gaining it back. I was unbelievably disappointed in myself for gaining it back (I lost 40 lbs, maintained for 3 years, and then gained it all again.) I found that once I let go of the disappointment and annoyance with myself, I was able to focus on the fact that I know what I'm doing. I know how to lose because I've done it before. Take the experience you have with losing and let it boost your confidence. You can do it!
LovesBassets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:13 PM   #12  
Pink Leopard Power

LoveBassets - thanks for saying that... I never thought of it that way, I have experience with losing, and it should be better that I know what I'm doing .