Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 07:30 AM   #1  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Post Tuesday!

Hello! I know I haven't been around in a while. It seems I only have time to post way before any of you even get to work!

Well, I have had a tough time staying OP lately. But that is only half my problems. I am having some major issues here at work, and that doesn't help at all.

Angie - I had a couple of those shopping trips as I was losing. In fact, when I started WW I wore a size 18. I had lost 30 pounds AND STILL WORE A SIZE 18. Can you imagine the frustration I had when I went shopping? Don't worry, eventually you will be able to wera whatever you want!

Also recommended is don't go for the "juniors" type clothes. I wear a size 10 (gap clothes ) and get shirts in medium and rarely a large, and when I shop at ANY juniors department I am something like a size 15 and have to buy XL tops. Down with the girls with no hips!!!!!
Old 02-04-2003, 08:29 AM   #2  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning Lori,

Thank you! I am feeling much better this morning. I have decided that instead of focusing on my depressing day yesterday I am going to channel all that negativity into losing weight and getting healthy. I am NOT going to let yesterday make me slip up. I was so tempted to stop at a Mcd's yesterday on my way home for a big mac and fries (instant comfort food) but instead I had what I packed for my snack....a banana and some grapes. Yes, I still reached for food....but I didn't cave, and I didn't blow my day.

Thank you for your replies, it IS good to know I am not alone.

Lori, how at how many pounds lost did you stop dropping sizes? and did it happen quickly after the initial 30 pounds?

Have a great day all, I know I will!!

Angie
Old 02-04-2003, 10:43 AM   #3  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Good morning! Not that there's anything good about it... It's just been one of those days for me and I'm only 2 hours into it.

I have WI tonight. I'm not expecting it to be very good. Weds and Thurs of last week were the only days I was OP. Friday, Aaron and I had dinner, Saturday I snacked all day, and Sunday I went out to dinner with a friend to a restraunt that seriously didn't have a single WW-friendly thing on the menu. But when I started WW last year, it was like this for the first couple of weeks and improved after awhile. Once I got the obligations out of the way, I was able to make things work and I suspect this will be no different.

Lori--No kidding about the Juniors sizes! What the heck is that about? I'm a 12 and can't even fit into Juniors sizes!

Angie--Send me some of that awesome motivation! That is GREAT that when you reached for food you reached for the best (planned) decision. I think that really shows that you ARE making this lifestyle change and will definitely have success. I wish I were making the same good decisions that you are.

OK, I gotta work now. I'm pretty busy, but will try to stop back in later.

If you guys need something to talk about today, I could use some ideas for fast, easy WW-friendly meals. I so often get bored with what I'm eating...

Old 02-04-2003, 11:19 AM   #4  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Jess - Pria bars are made by the same people who do Powerbars and are only 2 points. They are really really good and cost less money than the WW 2 points bars. That's just a snack, but hey its something new maybe

Angie - My "normal" weight for me was between 180-190. When I got back down there I still fit into clothes I had at my house (size 16s). When I was 221 I fit into size 18s. Then I got down to the mid 170's I fit into a size 14. Around 168 or so I moved down to a 12, and then just recently to a 10 (at about 158). And I think I would have to lose another 10 from HERE at 154 to fit into an 8. Just wait it out and stay OP and you will get there and you will be SO HAPPY when you do that you will forget that they horrible shopping day you had ever existed. And when you can go shopping and be happy, go back to that store and stick it in that woman's face.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 02-04-2003, 11:56 AM   #5  
Canadian Chick

Hey gals, I'm really tired today. That seems to be the story of my life-That's why changes are being made Yesterday was a crazy day & I ended up over (argh!) but today I have everything planned out so I'm good to go.

Lori, glad to see you. Hope your probs at work figure themselves out for you!

Angie, great attitude! You are a WW star!

Jess, the day's not a loss yet. You can get it & keep it on track. Good luck at WI.

KT, I was so excited about Joe $$ last night. I'm so afraid he's going to pick snobby Sara rather than sweet Zora! Man if I had a body like hers I wouldn't be hiding in a bathing suit!

Hi everyone else! Have a great OP day!
Old 02-04-2003, 02:01 PM   #6  
Proud Canadian

Good morning - or afternoon. My wrist is driving me crazy. I can't get my tendonitis under control. I wear a brace for about 10 hours of the day and it's not helping. I'll have to get a good ice pack. On the bright side, I'm making less typos now cause I've been practising with the brace so much.
Rina - I don't think Sara really likes him, I think she just thinks everything is so cool and he's ok so the money makes him tolerable (I think Zora doesn't think she's good enough for him) OK, enough reality rant.
Lori - nice to hear from you, I hope things start looking up for you at work.
Angie - way to avoid the evil McD's- you are a tower of willpower.
Jess - Stick to it and you will get back on the wagon! I'm phoning right now to find out where the nearest meeting is. I will join you on that wagon!!!

KT
Closed Thread