General Diet Plans and Questions - Juice Please

View Full Version : Juice Please

weightbegone
10-13-2011, 09:04 PM
Hey All,

I am new to this site and I started cuz I think I am really need support from other people going through what I though-the battle against the bulge and would like some help from other people other than my skinny friends!

So, I am conisdering on going a juice fast, I heard alot of good things and it makes sense to me.

I just wonder...if I drink juice but then "miss" eating, would results change because the items I am consuming are still, in essence, the same.

Any ideas?

Esofia
10-18-2011, 12:01 PM
Welcome to 3FC!

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that question. Could you explain further?

I know that some people like to do a juice fast when they start losing weight. It's not something I have experience with, I'm afraid, but I'm sure other people here will. What are your plans for the long-term weight loss?

crimsons
10-18-2011, 12:57 PM
I've done a juice fast. The amount you lose enormously varies depending on how much and what kinds of juice you consume. If you drink only beet, cuke, and greens juice, you may lose. If it's mostly fruit juices, that's more caloric. I think the main idea is that the nutrients are more immediately absorbed by your cells when so much less digestion is required.

Juice fasts really apply to freshly-made juice, not storebought juice. I have the small model of the Jack LaLanne juicer and it works great. You might also consult juicemaster.com or Jack Lalanne's site for juice recipes.

Some people suggest consuming very little and diluting it with water. There's some point to that, so it doesn't slam your body so immediately, but it's not so tasty either. I like to compromise by making the juice and then blending it with ice.

darway
10-19-2011, 12:28 PM
Juice does have calories, and drinking too much at once can cause glucose swings.

I really favor eating whole fruit over juicing. The roughage and fiber it has, is valuable for digestion.