Old 10-12-2011, 10:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Default Coincidence or not?

I'm on my 4th week of IP and loving it. The first two weeks weight loss was great and then on my 3rd and now 4th week the weight loss has really slowed down to a trickle. Of course I know the weight loss can be really big the first two weeks so I wasn't surprised by the big slow down starting the 3rd week. Well the other day I was reading someone's post that said we should be drinking half our weight in water. I had been averaging about 64 oz of water per day and some days a little more. So after reading the water post I decided to up my water to 120 oz of water which is about half my weight in water and basically double what I had been drinking. Well since doing that the scale has shown a one pound loss each day. It's a lot of water to drink each day but if this gets the weight loss going a little faster, then it is totally worth it.

Has anyone else seen a bigger weight loss by drinking more water?
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Has anyone else seen a bigger weight loss by drinking more water?
Good for you - unfortuanately I haven't seen that and have also slowed down. I drink approx 160 -200 oz per day. I've always been a waterholic though
thin4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:50 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
Good for you - unfortuanately I haven't seen that and have also slowed down. I drink approx 160 -200 oz per day. I've always been a waterholic though
Wow that is a lot of water. I guess I won't be complaining about my 120oz anymore, lol.

I have been dealing with swollen ankles by the end of the day, but less so since I've upped my water. Now I'm starting to think that the salt in the IP foods has been the issue for me, so by upping my water that is dealing with the problem and letting me loose more weight rather than retaining water.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Now I'm starting to think that the salt in the IP foods has been the issue for me, so by upping my water that is dealing with the problem and letting me loose more weight rather than retaining water.
Are you still adding 1/2 teaspoon of salt to your food per day as well?
thin4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:24 AM   #5  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Sorry if this sounds a little harsh, but what you say concerns me as it would your doctor and/or coach, I imagine. Frankly, I think you're drinking way too much water and probably washing out the nutrients you're taking in -- not to mention causing electrolyte imbalance.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:27 AM   #6  

Quote:
Are you still adding 1/2 teaspoon of salt to your food per day as well?
No, I stopped because of the swelling, but of course will run this by my coach when I go for WI on Friday.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:52 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/120/122

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Well the other day I was reading someone's post that said we should be drinking half our weight in water. I had been averaging about 64 oz of water per day and some days a little more. So after reading the water post I decided to up my water to 120 oz of water which is about half my weight in water and basically double what I had been drinking. Well since doing that the scale has shown a one pound loss each day. It's a lot of water to drink each day but if this gets the weight loss going a little faster, then it is totally worth it.
A gentle reminder kids: some of us on here may be "experts" but mostly, this forum is comprised of dieters who are participating in this program just like you, and they do NOT have special IP training or medical backgrounds, so before you do anything you read in a post that's not listed on the protocol sheets, please, please, PLEASE check with your coach and/or your doctor!! Drinking 200 oz (six liters) of water per day can be extremely dangerous, affecting not just your electrolytes, but your brain and other organ functions, and can even be fatal. No amount of weight loss is worth that.
Lilivonshtupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:03 PM   #8  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Sorry if this sounds a little harsh, but what you say concerns me as it would your doctor and/or coach, I imagine. Frankly, I think you're drinking way too much water and probably washing out the nutrients you're taking in -- not to mention causing electrolyte imbalance.
I was thinking the same thing as well... I usually just stick to 2.5 -3 Liters a day.
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:05 PM   #9  

Well in my case I think I'm okay because my coach said 64 oz is the absolute minimum and more would be better because of my weight. So at 120 oz per day I feel safe. But again will run by my coach on WI day that I've upped my water and for now have stopped the sea salt and see what she has to say. I doubt the water increase will be an issue, but the sea salt might.