Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-11-2011, 08:35 AM   #1  
~Kim~

Default A year from now you'll be happy you started today.

Today is my one year anniversary of finding 3FC.

When I signed up on this site I entered a starting weight of 253.4lbs. Today I'm 39lbs lighter. That's the most weight I've ever lost at a time period, let alone in a years time. There were lots of ups and downs along the way. Lots of falling off the wagon, lots of giving in and going back up a number of lbs at a time. But this is the first time I've ever been able to lose a decent amount of weight and this is the first time in nearly a DECADE that I've worked my way down to this low of a weight.

It's 3FC everyone. =) Every time I got off track I'd come back here and find new inspiration and motivation. This site has been one of the greatest weightloss tools I've ever found and I'm very thankful to have stumbled upon it a year ago.

Here's a small list of things that have changed for me over the last year:

1. A year ago I had to force myself to go for a walk. Yesterday I jogged for 20 minutes straight.

2. A year ago I had to shop exclusively in plus size stores and sections. Now I'm beginning to be able to buy things from anywhere I want.

3. A year ago the clothes hanging in my closet were mostly black, gray and dark. Now it's starting to look more like a rainbow.

4. A year ago my rings were pretty tight. Now I'm probably going to need some of those ring adjusters soon so they don't fall off.

5. A year ago I was wearing size 9 or 9 1/2 shoes. Now I'm in 8's and even one 7 1/2.

6. A year ago I was thick everywhere. Now my arms and legs have thinned out well and my collarbones are here to stay.

7. A year ago my BMI was 43.49. Now it's 36.8.

I still have a long way to go, but I've worked a lot of the kinks out, figured out some triggers, found some new motivations so hopefully I wont fall off the wagon again anytime soon if ever and this next year with 3FC will make an even bigger dent. =) I look forward to the day that I'm posting as a maintainer!

So I'd like to send out a big thank you to everyone on here that's ever said a single word that's helped motivate me, given me inspiration, given me something to strive for, given me a challenge, given me patience, given me a source to vent, given me hope.

I love 3FC, it's helped me like nothing ever has before and I'm forever grateful!

Last edited by TooManyDimples; 10-11-2011 at 08:36 AM.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 140/123/?

Height: 5'2.5

Congrats!!

The title is so true too!
molldoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:46 AM   #3  

Wow! What an inspirational post! Your experience really helps to put the weight-loss process into perspective. As you say, you had some setbacks, but here you are, 39 lbs. lighter. Congratulations!
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 151/ticker/125

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations!! This was such a wonderful post! It really shows how support from people (even strangers) can be just the motivation you need to get going I hope I can do one of these posts with awesome stats like you!! Great work, and keep it up for next year!!
cmwelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:18 AM   #5  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Congratulations! You've come such a long way in that year! You should be incredibly proud of your accomplishments!

You are so inspiring!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:31 AM   #6  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Thank you! What a great post I love 3fc also! And give all you chicks here pretty much 90% of my success in losing weight and keeping (most of) it off for more than 3 years now.

Go Kim, GO!
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:34 AM   #7  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations and thank you for the great post. I hope that everyone reads it who is thinking of giving up in frustration because her weight loss isn't going fast enough! It's so wonderful that you have been able to look back and say, "wow, I may not have been perfectly on plan this whole year, but I am 39 pounds less than a year ago and that is something to sing about!" Because it really is something to sing about.

I know I shudder when I think about where I would be today if I'd been 0% on plan for the last two years, instead of 80% or so ...
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:23 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 234/176.2/168

Height: 5'11

Congrats on your sucess!!
jenjulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:30 AM   #9  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

It's funny you should post this as my husband and I were just talking about last year versus this year too. A year ago this coming weeknd (or the following weekend) we went to the pumpkin patch and farm with our youngest son. My husband took some pictures then. I looked like He$$. We are planning on going again this year and he said, "we'll have to take similar photos and compare. The difference is huge."

And yes, this place helps a lot (though it didn't keep me from falling off the wagon over a decade ago), but it helps if you stick to it and stop coming due to bad times.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:35 AM   #10  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

What a GREAT post!!!

Congrats on reaping the benefits of your hard work!!

I also feel very strongly about 3FC. I've gotten so much support, a lot of very good ideas, and just generally feel like I'm not alone in this battle of the bulge!!

Last edited by Beach Patrol; 10-11-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:50 AM   #11  
One decision at a time.

S/C/G: 213/195/150

Height: 5'9''

This is really inspirational to me. I have "veered" away from 3FC in the past, but for the last week, I've been on it every day, and it is really keeping me in check. It's a wonderful resource!
Jessica Committed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:03 AM   #12  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Toomanydimples, that was absolutely inspirational! Thank you so much for posting!

You're right, 3FC is everything you said it is. I know I would have already given up, like I had in the past, without the support I receive here.
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:05 AM   #13  

WOW, congratulations! Next year I'll be a college senior. I only dream of what I'd look like forty pounds lighter, and what all my dorm-mates would think ^.^ This site is so great. With the support I get here, I've been able to stop in the middle of a binge, just because I realized I was accountable to others and not just my appetite.
Bethedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:46 PM   #14  
Changing for good!

S/C/G: 273/ticker/195

Height: 6'1"

Many many congratulations on your success over the past year!!! 39 pounds is a huge victory!!!

Your post really affected me, as I first found 3fc myself in September last year. But for whatever reason, after a month, I just gave it all up and went back to my usual ways. I started again 3 weeks ago, and 7 pounds heavier than I had been the year before. I can't help but think of where I might have been today if, like you, I'd stayed with my plan (more or less!) over the past year. One thing I know for sure... I'm not going to let it happen again next year! I'm going to make a post like yours next September and I know I'll have something great to report, like yours!

Thanks for the inspiration and keep up the great work!
kirsteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:52 PM   #15  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Kim - What an awesome post!!! Congratulations on the great work you've done this year and on all of your accomplishments Thanks for being so encouraging and motivating to me.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote