Old 10-11-2011, 04:39 AM   #1  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Frustrated

I am so frustrated with the weight loss not happening each week. From what I can tell from my progress is that I am losing weight every other week...even though I am on plan each week.

Anyone else have these fluctuations in weight loss with WW? I work so hard each week to stay on plan and then I am not rewarded each week.
WannaBeLoserAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 295.6/ticker/140-130

Height: 5'3"

Aside from the usual comments about eating all your points, watching your fluid intake, watching your sodium intake, I would have one piece of advice for you: take your measurements. I didn't have significant movement on the scale for 6 weeks (down 2, up one, up one, down one etc) and wound up losing an inch from the waist, an inch from the hips and a 1/2 inch from my bust during that time. Its nice to have another way to monitor your improved, healthy lifestyle than just the scale which can be such a fickle friend....Good luck and stick with it!
Erin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/130

Height: 5 foot

I've heard in my past meetings that you can flucuate your intake of points. I think I read on here somewhere that someone changes it up every week. One week they eat a certain amount and the next week they eat 3 or 4 points more, then back down again. I also know that if I eat the same foods I don't always notice a change so I like to try to mix it up when I can.
KatRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 295.6/ticker/140-130

Height: 5'3"

Some people on here follow the "Wendy plan", which is varying your point intake day-to-day but eating the same number of points/week. It is supposed to keep your body guessing a little. Google Wendy plan, there are some great examples of it out there.....good luck!
Erin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:07 PM   #5  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

It also could be it's just the pattern you're body likes to follow. Stick with it.
Sometimes it just takes the body a bit to catch up with you're doing.

If you want to be super technical about it, weigh yourself every morning under the same conditions, log it on a calendar, (mine hangs above my scale in the bathroom), don't worry about what the scale says, but at the end of the month look at the trends. You're doing this not to make the scale your enemy, or your bff, but because it will help you to see trends and patterns in your weight loss.

You can also compare the scale readings to what you were eating by checking your tracker. This helps to see things like how salt, carbs, more water, less water, more protein, less protein, etc., affect what you're doing.

Doing this helps me, because I don't see the scale or the tracker or the calendar as my enemy or my bff, just tools, like a screwdriver, hammer and pliers. They help me get things done. In a way, it kind of takes the emotional quotient out of the deal, and makes it easier to wrap my brain around.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 03:51 AM   #6  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Thank you so much for all the support. I will keep on plan.
WannaBeLoserAgain is offline   Reply With Quote