Simply Filling/Core - Weekly Chat-Core/Simply Filling: Oct. 10-16

Tejas
10-10-2011, 08:39 AM
New Pages!

:grouphug:

Vickie
10-10-2011, 10:32 AM
Good Morning Chicks! We are off to the races again this week. Hope you all have a wonderful week.

I'm close to being on program.

beach bum
10-10-2011, 02:54 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Was going to take the A/C's down but now I'm not sure.Its in the 80's this afternoon. Got up late this morning,caused by a hot and stuffy room I had to put the a/c on and than I just laid there.

RHONDA-Thanks for the new pages.

VICKIE-Have a nice week

ontarget
10-10-2011, 04:54 PM
Hi there. Just got home from doing water exercises. Going to OA in a couple hours. Now I am going to have a healthy snack.

Have a good day, all.

Tejas
10-11-2011, 12:07 AM
I went to the gym to see my trainer and we set the weights aside for today and did what is called "functional training." I did squats followed by stepping up on steps; pounded a ball about three different ways; did lots of core exercises; pushed a metal bar around; slung a weighted rope around my body in both directions; and in many other ways made a fool of myself. It was fun and I sweated off about 5 pounds, I'm sure. We're going to do these for a few weeks, and I'll do the weights on my own. We're trying to break through the weight plateau. Wish me luck!

ontarget
10-11-2011, 10:05 AM
Rhonda,;););););););););););)

beach bum
10-11-2011, 10:25 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Made a Hungarian Beef Goulash yesterday and now I have two meals when it get cold.

Did go out with my walking group today as my joints are hurting and I wouldn't be able to keep up with the group.They're talking about a system coming in tomorrow and I know a day before I always have back and joint problems.Next wee will be a no-no also,as I have to get ready for a colons-copy next Wednesday.

RHONDA-Wish I could exercise like you do,but since my left knee scoping my right right hip is going out. Best of Luck on your breaking though your plateau. I sure you will with all the exercising your doing.

SANDRA-Do you follow the OA menus or WW ones???? and just use the OA for meetings & W-I's. Our WW meeting place isn't there anymore. and the other meeting place is on the wrong day and it to far from me.

Have to go have a good day

Tejas
10-11-2011, 11:45 PM
:wave:

Rhonda

ontarget
10-11-2011, 11:52 PM
Maryann, OA follows the 12 Step Program working on the spiritual aspect of eating healthy. I use WW eating plan.

:wave:

Tejas
10-12-2011, 06:10 AM
It's 4:30 ish. We have been having dramatic storms for 2 hours. The dog has been roaming around, howling and not letting us sleep. I got up with her and, of course, she is now sound asleep at my feet.

I probably should not be on the computer, but the lightening has lessened. The rain this week has been glorious. I doubt that it has really broken the drought, because that was so severe. But, it has been appreciated.

I had a small dinner party last night- 2 couples in the neighborhood, one I know from church, the other from politics. I thought they would like one another and they did. The menu was good: sweet potato soup; meatloaf; asparagus and mushroom mix with walnuts and parmesan cheese; brown and wild rice; pears poached in wine for dessert. It was a lot of work, but very tasty.

ontarget
10-12-2011, 10:50 AM
Rhonda, I was wondering why you were posting so early. Isn't this rain wonderful? We're loving it! Your menu sounds delicious. I know ya'll had a grand time.

ems81wales
10-12-2011, 01:04 PM
hey ladies hope your all well? autumn is well and truly here in the uk :( im doing better at the moment uni is going well only 1lb until goal xxx

ontarget
10-12-2011, 05:46 PM
:woohoo: Ems!!

Tejas
10-12-2011, 05:53 PM
Congrats, Ems! That's quite an accomplishment.

ems81wales
10-13-2011, 09:11 AM
cheers ladies :D xxx

beach bum
10-13-2011, 09:35 AM

Raining this morning and will continue though the night in Friday. Have to go out for choir practice this afternoon,but first i going to have my A/C removed from the windows.

SANDRA-I have heard of OA and I think I went to some of the meeting down in NY but up here I don't think we have an OA. What plan are you on Core of points plus????? Can't figure out the latter,did the calorie count change for a ft.I know it used to be 50-60 calories/per pt.

RHONDA-I glad we are having rain after that high & hot dog days of summer. Deadly afraid of lightening ever since I remember, I was a little girl, my Mom told me I would go blind if I looked out the window to watch the storm and I always remember that.

EMS=Big congrats on your reaching goalWish I could say that. I have a long way to go.

Have to go and wait for my handy man to come over and take out the A/C.

beach bum
10-13-2011, 10:03 AM

Raining this morning and will continue though the night in Friday. Have to go out for choir practice this afternoon,but first i going to have my A/C removed from the windows.

SANDRA-I have heard of OA and I think I went to some of the meeting down in NY but up here I don't think we have an OA. What plan are you on Core of points plus????? Can't figure out the latter,did the calorie count change for a ft.I know it used to be 50-60 calories/per pt.

RHONDA-I glad we are having rain after that high & hot dog days of summer. Deadly afraid of lightening ever since I remember, I was a little girl, my Mom told me I would go blind if I looked out the window to watch the storm and I always remember that.

EMS=Big congrats on your reaching goalWish I could say that. I have a long way to go.

Have to go and wait for my handy man to come over and take out the A/C.

ontarget
10-13-2011, 10:05 AM
I'm meeting a friend for bfast in a few minutes. This afternoon another friend and I are "hitting the water." Life is good.

nancy237
10-14-2011, 03:10 AM
My cousin and I have been working on our family tree. My dad and her dad were brothers and have both passed away so we are trying to remember family relatives from our childhood. Its quite humorous. She was just telling me about an uncle with a bull that scared us. I have no memory of any bull LOL
I did remember my Grandmother telling me that 2 of her siblings died in a tornado. I found the records online of her 1 year old sister and 12 year old brother dying on April 5th 1917.

I had a terrific weekend with my son home. Its so great to have family around and I know Robin would be proud of us for keeping the blended family together.

When I was a kid there was a big family riff when my grandmother died. It meant I lost touch with 2 cousins that I had been close to. One passed away this summer, but I want to reconnect with the other ..So it reminds me that staying close as a family will have far reaching effects.

My grandson is staying with me tomorrow and will be here at 7 am ..That is 4 hours away..Yikes..

beach bum
10-14-2011, 12:24 PM

Had a early appointment with my Podiatrist,she asked me if I walk and I told her that I walk with the walking group,and she told the that was good. Than now that the subject was opened I told her that I get out of breath and have to sit for a minute or two,before rejoining the group. Told her that the director asked me if it was fun for me to walk as I was the slowest walker in the group. I told him I like walking. Than my Podiatrist told me I should go to my reg dctor as I could have conjunctive heart failure or a leaky valve. That scare me and I going to make a appointment with my doctor on Monday[instead of Dec 6th] and than go from there .

Now I'm waiting for my gas insert an to clean my fireplace insert.After that I'm going to BBC to meet my friend Rita for lunch.Got my A/c out of the windows and once we have good weather I will clean the windows before winter starts.

SORRY FOR THE DUPLICATE POSTING.I WAS WONDERING WHY HAD TO WAIT 26 SEC BEFORE POSTING AGAIN.

SANDRA-I'm sure you a great time with your friends. I love meeting mine, I'm going to lunch with my friend Rita today and than going to the Movies/Dinner with my friend Mary on Sunday.

NANCY-Isn't that exciting top start a family tree. My DD did that about 10 years ago and have all the info from Ireland and German relatives.
Have a great time with your grandson.

Have to go and meet my friend Rita for lunch have a great day

ems81wales
10-14-2011, 12:53 PM
hey girls i made it to goal last night woohoo i want to maintain under 147.

my new aim is to loose another 7lbs with no time limit and thats it then x

ontarget
10-14-2011, 02:44 PM
:bravo: Ems!!!! Your hard work has paid off big time.

Maryann, I am doing old CORE. Or should I say "Almost CORE"? I don't care for Points Plus.

Nancy, what fun you're having recollecting with your cousin. When Rhonda's dh and I get to talking about our memories of our grandparents, etc...., it always amazes me how we remember different parts and pieces.

I'm sitting here in my swimsuit. It's almost time to hit the water. My other gf and I flung a few arrows this morning. Afterwards, Curtis and I had a lunch date. Tomorrow we're driving to East Texas to attend a service for a dear friend who passed Wednesday night. I prob won't be here tomorrow.

Have a good weekend, Chickies!

pam920
10-15-2011, 08:33 AM
Sorry I've been missing all week. Been super busy.

As you know, my daughter opened her salon this summer. Right now there is a festival going on and they entered a contest for best business window display. The theme was Fall into the Foothills. I made some fabric pumpkins and we painted gourds, etc. It turned out really pretty. Not the traditional Fall colors. Her shop is silver/black/aqua, so that was the colors we used. They won 1st place!!!!! Those two girls are doing really great with the new business.

My husbands aunt died and we are going to pay our respects. It's a 4 hr drive. She was in her early 90's.

ems, girl, a big :bravo: . That is amazing!!!!! When I finally reached my goal of 146, I felt wonderful. It was so fun to shop. Now I have gained 20 lbs and you have inspired me.

Where is jojo?

Nancy, my sis and I worked on our family tree a few years back. I only have a few cousins left, the rest have all passed away, so I have no one to ask if I have any questions.

Sandra, I see you are almost at your virgin weight. WTG.

Rhonda, your dinner sounds so yummy.

Maryann, when I had my blockage, I was very short of breath and very fatigued. When they put the stent in, it was such a relief. Hope everything turns out okay. I will be praying for you.

Off to drink my coffee. Hi to all the chicks.

beach bum
10-15-2011, 09:40 AM

Had a good time at BBC,had an Ital sausage peppers & onions on a Sub roll. By the time it was supper time I didn't eat that much as it made me stuffed. In fact my appetite is going crazy I don't like cold cuts anymore and I find it hard to cook. I eating L/C and WW entrees. Don't know if I going through a abnormal time for me,as my friend can't believe I don't like to cook anymore.

SANDRA-I would stay on the core if I would ever go back to WW.

PAM-Thanks, hope that they will find whats wrong with me,as I'm worried being out of breath for not reason. Going to make an appointment early Monday hope he will be able to see me than and not wait until Dec 6th.

Have to go get my pre day med for the colons copy this Wed.

Have a great day

jojo23
10-15-2011, 03:23 PM
I won't be posting so much for a little while. We had to come back from holiday rather quickly. My mum is in hospital, quite poorly so what with all the work we are doing to the house and spending time with her, dieting is far from my mind.

nancy237
10-15-2011, 10:37 PM
wow..lots going on with everyone

Jojo..so sorry about the news about your mom..praying for her & you too.

Maryanne..I am not cooking much either..I like to cook its just not the same for one is it .. Let us know what the dr says when you go..Its probably nothing but better to be safe..Even if they find a blockage problem it seems they can take care of most things these days ...

Pam..that is great about your daughter's window display !st Place ..That should be a great way to get the word out about the salon..That was smart to use different colors like you did..send us a picture if you can..Sorry to hear about your husbands aunt

Rhonda..I like the idea of having a dinner party to get friends together that haven't met.. I realized after Robin died and lots of people were at the house how many of my dear friends don't really know each other. When I get in a managable house I want to cook and have friends over more.

Sandra..you sound like you have lots of friends that like to go & do.. Most of my friends are too busy to do things very often. Sorry about your friend that passed away...

As for me ...I have really gone and done it now :ioi:
I got an offer of $125 for a $500 medical weight loss program that follows you close and does lots of testing and gives B vitamin shots weekly. I read their reviews online and found lots of people who only needed to lose 25 lbs
and loved the program. Since I have been trying for years and have actually been creeping up I thought I would give this a try. It sounds like from the reviews that it is strict low carb at first..I have a stretch in the next month or so with just me here so it would be a good time to do something radical.
Wish me luck. I would love to be around 130 for Christmas and be able to do some serious clothes shopping for going back to work. My fear is that they will say no coffee creamer..or worse ..no coffee...I can't live without my coffee..I think I am sorta ADD and it keeps me focused.

Tejas
10-15-2011, 10:58 PM
Hi everyone:

I've been busy practicing my tap. We have two big performances coming up this week.

Jojo, I'm sorry to hear about your Mum. Get back to us when you can.

Maryann, good luck with the doctor's visit. Your right to move your appointment up and get an assessment.

Pam, that's very :cool: about your daughter's display.

Sandra, my condolences about your friend. It's that time of life for us.

And Nancy, go for it. Drink coffee anyway. I've been working on my family history and had a lot of help from a cousin who died a few years ago. His widow recently said that he gave a folder of original documents and she wanted it back. Nope, he did not give me that. She was really pushy about it, but I can't help her. If I had them, I would have made copies and given them to everyone in the family. That didn't happen because I don't have them. It turned rather unpleasant for me. :(

pam920
10-16-2011, 08:04 AM
Good morning.

Sandra, I missed where your friend passed. My condolences.

jojo, sorry about your mom. Keep us posted.

Rhonda, have fun tapping. I would love to see you.

Nancy, my daughter went to this clinic that gave the B12 shots. They also gave her pills, which I wasn't too crazy about. I think they curbed her appetite. She lost a little weight, but quit going and put it back on. I have to have my coffee too.

We should be heading to Florida soon. I want to check out that fitness center and get my eating back in control. I've been having angina and been using my nitro spray. Not sure what is going on with me. The nitro takes away the pain. My dr. told me to get to ER if the nitro doesn't work, but it has. I have a cardio dr in Florida now if I have any problems when I get there.

Maryann, keeping you in my thoughts.

nancy237
10-16-2011, 10:36 AM
I've been having angina and been using my nitro spray. Not sure what is going on with me. The nitro takes away the pain. My dr. told me to get to ER if the nitro doesn't work, but it has. I have a cardio dr in Florida now if I have any problems when I get there.

Pam..Is it possible to get a MRI or whatever test shows exactly what is going on with your heart arteries. My Dad had angina that worsened and he didn't want to check it out and had a massive attack. Not trying to scare you but it is better to know before having to go to the ER. There is so much they can do if there is a blockage ..

beach bum
10-16-2011, 12:19 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Just got back from brunch,and we're trying to decide what movie to see and the to see it. Choice is Footloose or Dolphin Life,all the others we saw.Have 1 1/2 days to have a good meal before I start the liquid stuff. Yuk!!! Not looking forward to that.

JOJO-So sorry about your mum,definitely we understand your family comes first. Saying extra prayer for you and your family.

NANCY-No it isn't the same,even though my DH cooked for himself. I just last the interest and rely on prepared foods which isn't good for any dieter. Good luck on your new diet, I don't believe in them and try to stay focus on Portion control. Not that worried anymore about the heavy breathing as it it hasn't happened any more since I last posted. Still going to make an appointment with my doctor and have him recommend a cardio doctor.

RHONDA-Thanks,If it was any other part of the body I would dismiss it but when it comes to the Heart or lungs that are involved I like to get treatment right away and not wait.

PAM-Thanks,I'm going to call my reg doctor & have it check out,than ask him what cardio he recommends so I can make an appointment with him just in case.

Have a great day

ontarget
10-16-2011, 12:21 PM
Good morning. We are home readying to go to church. The service yesterday was a beautiful celebration of a wonderful life.

I have not done well with program the past few days. Haven't gotten onto the scales. Tomorrow is a new day. Again!

JoJo, you are all in my prayers. Be strong.

Pam, congratulations to your daughter and her friend for winning first place. Sounds like their business is well-received and they are doing great. Please take care of yourself.

Nancy, ;) ;) ;)

Rhonda, I'm sorry about your bad experience. You would definitely have shared all the info if you'd had it. Your relative should realize that.

We have rehearsal this afternoon. Should be fun, but wish us luck.

Tejas
10-16-2011, 02:24 PM
Sandra, if anything, I have overwhelmed my 6 nieces and nephews with information about the family :lol: Enough!, I can hear them saying.

Today I'm taking one of my great nieces (7 years old) to a birthday party for DH's grandson (6 years old). It should be fun, and I'll try not to eat too much cake.

I hope you're all having a good day today.

ontarget
10-16-2011, 06:42 PM
Just got home from Christmas play rehearsal. We're watching football and just taking it easy. Tomorrow is archery day. I'm subbing the rest of the week.

Rhonda, have fun at the party. Wish I had some cake.

nancy237
10-16-2011, 07:59 PM
Spent the day blowing leaves, refilling hot tub, and cleaning the pool.

Then a friend stopped by and we had a good chat..She wants to send her 12 year old son over more to help me with the yard..Told her I would take her up on that. We talked about churches and I told her my main problem now with getting back to church is that my church sorta forgot about me for the last 6 months. At first I wasn't going because it was too hard and then I began to
feel hurt that no one had called and checked on me or helped.

She suggested a few churches that I could visit. I just looked online at one that looks great and I realize I am excited about visiting .. Looks like they have lots of things going .

ems81wales
10-17-2011, 05:47 AM
thanks girls :D

jojo sorry to hear about your mum hope she is better soon x