WW Clubs and Groups - #265 Bale of Turtles Meeting Our Challenge!

Itryharder
10-08-2011, 09:44 AM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

CherryAutumn
10-08-2011, 06:58 PM
Weighed in today and I am down -1.4. I fell off the wagon last night and I am trying not to beat myself up about it. I dont know how badly it will effect my weight. I have done well today though and plan to carry it through the new week.

Itryharder
10-08-2011, 07:15 PM
Cherry, you're doing great. A slip off the wagon here and there is to be expected. Don't beat yourself up and keep on doing well. You're doing so well and I can tell the weight loss is making yo more optimistic.

Had a nice :hb: celebration at my dd's for our grandson. He was so happy with his presents and my dd and dsil did a great job with decorations and food. Everything was pleasant and lovely. We are home early. My food could have been a little better, but it wasn't bad.
Tomorrow's a new day.

Sleep well everybody and enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Judy
234.6/189.2/169 and thinner :cool:

Princess1122
10-09-2011, 05:52 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Sunday to you all and happy Thanksgiving to the Canadian Turtles!

I am having serious trouble with my carpal tunnel lately so am trying to type with my wrist splints on - what a pain in the butt lol, so I am going to keep this short and try to get back on later on once I take them off for the day.

Have a great day all!

Itryharder
10-09-2011, 08:36 AM
Hi Turtles,
Princess, I hope your carpal tunnel eases up and the splints help. Hey, I just saw your ticker and you're 2# down and heading in the right direction.
:bravo: and :balloons: and :goodscale:

Today is beautiful out. I've got a few things to do around the house and I should do at least a cursory grocery shop for veggies, etc. I think I'll get going now.

You all have a great day.
Judy
234.6/189.2/169 and thinner :cool:

Princess1122
10-09-2011, 04:56 PM
Judy: Yeah, I updated the ticker but it is not showing the "." I am actually only down like 1.4 but for some reason it is showing 2 lbs... I need to get it corrected but will worry about it later on. I don't know what is up with the CT getting so bad again so quickly but my whole body is really inflamed right now, hips, knees and ankles so something must be going on. I have taken some Motrin to see if it will help. Have a great day!

life4evr
10-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Sorry I have been MIA. The weather doesn't know what it wants to do in NC. so I got hit with a combo of sinus/allergies/ and maybe a cold. Combined with it being that TOM of me for me. I am so far off the wagon. I just don't really have the energy. Time will tell on Tuesday. Glad everone is doing well. Well be back tomorrow for a closer look.

Princess1122
10-10-2011, 07:52 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Monday to you all. It is going to be another pretty day here with temps in the 80's - hard to believe that it is mid-October. I am going to head to the gym here shortly to catch a morning Aquafit class, I am just so inflamed and sore in all of my joints, etc that I am trying to keep moving, it seems when I stop is when it really sets in and is painful... so I will keep moving with low impact exercises I guess lol, not sure what else to do.

The weekend was ok, but I know that I overate so will need to work on that this week. I did get in some walks and some bike riding so the exercise part was pretty good and will go to another Zumba class tomorrow with D-DIL.

Yesterday I did crockpot applesauce and it turned out fabulous! Just peeeled a bunch of apples and put in some splenda, cinnamon, and a little bit of corn starch (maybe a tsp) and about a 1/2 cup of water - set it on high for a couple of hours, stirred it up and reset to low and let it cook all day, did a taste test & added some more splenda and let it cook for a while with the lid off to let it thicken a bit. It came out very yummy, everyone enjoyed it at lunch yesterday.

I have to get my to-do list going on what I want to accomplish this week so I need to get going but I hope that everyone has a great day!

Itryharder
10-10-2011, 10:27 AM
Hi Turtles,
Princess, that applesauce sounds amazing. :chef: I keep buying apples in the hopes of finding a batch that isn't quite so tart. When they are much too tart for dh and me to eat, I make them into baked apples. Yum.

Yesterday was another good day. I'm starting to get a handle on how little food I must eat to lose weight. It's quite shocking. Lol. I'm juggling the food I have for the day around my activities and I don't go anywhere without a low low calorie energy bar and an apple (even if it is tart) in my pocketbook. That helps. My family has a million events coming up and it's taking lots of thinking to figure out what to do. After celebrating my grandson's :hb: on Saturday, dh and I are going back to their house for his real birthday tomorrow. We're going for dinner, we'll watch him at his gymnastics lesson, and then back to the house for birthday cake. I'm bringing all my food with me. The trick is to actually *eat* it and not let it stay in my cooler and eat the fattier choices instead. I can do it. I am :strong: Speaking of :strong:, I'm back to doing my DVD on toning most days and I feel better and more flexible.

Princess, I bet the aquafit class will be good for your joints. :swim:

Life4evr, don't worry about the MIA. Keep on keepin' on. You've got some challenges and you're working on them. Your total weight loss is still impressive. :goodscale: I know with me, sometimes I forget I've lost almost 45# and am closing in on my best WW weight. It's so easy to look at myself and bemoan how I got to this state, so I have to follow my own advice and keep on keepin' on and pat myself on the back.

Bandit, looking forward to hearing about your vacation. :beach:

Terri, how was Thanksgiving? :chef:

Cherry, how's your family? Isn't this weather wacky and hot?

Taylors, do you do boot camp at a gym? It sounds intense, but it must burn loads of calories.:exercise:

Lots2go, how is your 1/2marathon training coming along? That's got to be a big help with weight control and good for cardio training. Weigh to go! :tread:

I think I got everybody. It's so exciting to have a really supportive and involved group. Have a :goodvibes: day, everyone!

Judy
234.6/189.2/169and thinner :cool:

terrod99
10-10-2011, 01:29 PM
Hey all ! Happy Holiday Monday!

Weekend has gone fast, ate not too bad! One more turkey dinner today at my house. Must start journalling~!I know it works.

Judy the macintosh apples here are great this year. Haven't really tried too many others lately.

Princess I love the aquafit, and it is a good work out, and easy on the joints.

Life glad to hear from you! glad your keepin at it!

Bandit you home yet?

Cherry great job on the weight loss!

Taylor/Lots you gals keep at it ok!!!!

Never enough hours in the day, must keep going!!!

Terri

lots2go
10-10-2011, 01:50 PM
Hi ladies :)
All is well in my area....I didn't eat to well this weekend. My husband and I went on a date and I was craving bbq so we stuffed ourselves, and didn't think twice. Then we went out for frozen yogurt :) mmmmmm so tasty!!! Then we went to see the movie Courageous...if you haven't seen it you should :) It's amazing!!

thanks for asking Judy, my training is going wonderful!! I ran 8 this past Saturday, and did much better than the week before when I did 11. Next week it's 12...the race is in about 6 weeks, so I'm almost done. I have to say that since I've started training I've discovered a great love for running that I never expected to experience. I have never been very athletic, I played softball in highschool but that was it....I sure never thought I'd enjoy running. But I do look forward to it now....with my running and bootcamp I've discovered that I'm burning between 1500-2000 calories every week.....which is awesome :)

Hope you all have a great day! I'll catch up later :)

Taylorsjourney
10-10-2011, 05:08 PM
Hi everyone and Happy Thanksgiving and Columbus day..

well I survived my last turkey meal yesterday and gobble gobble gobble did I.. Actually was doing pretty good til my dmil brought out her home made coconut cream pie and I CAVED.. Sunday is my day of rest from working out and I often feel if I didn't know my muscles needed the break I should just do something... anyway I chose not to get on my scale this morning LoL and am going to go with my Friday wi since that's the day I do for my challenge.. maybe I should of owned up to what evitably was there but I thought better of it :)

I did get out on my treadmill today and I did an amazing power walk.. I admire lots2go for running but I know with my joints that it isn't for me but the power walking I can do.. today I was not hating the workout so I decided it's a holiday let's see what I can do here.. 8.21 miles before I felt my legs starting to cramp a little - time to stop.. granted it took me a while to get there but I was so thrilled with it.. the calorie burn for that was 1000 YES I SAID 1000 .. I found out that at that number my treadmil starts back over at 0 lol.. so lots2go I bet your burning more then you realize.. you have so been an inspiration for me I wanted to say thank you for that...

Princess I've had Paula Red's which are a really nice apple.. your recipe sounds delish.. thanks for sharing

terrod Im keeping at it LOL.. thanks for the encouragement

Itryharder you sound like you have a really good hand on the program and the cooler idea with the foods is an awesome idea..

lots2o I received an email about Courageous and I hope it comes to our area.. I'm glad to hear it was really good.. awesome job with your training as well!!

okay ladies you all have an amazing evening.. it's Monday Night Football and my DH's Lions are playing ( you would think it's the Superbowl the way he talks) he is combining in the field and unless it gets to dewy he likes me to keep him updated on how it's going .. what a guy!!

Princess1122
10-11-2011, 06:17 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all! It sounds like everyone is doing really well! I had a bigger than normal supper last night and a dessert but over all the week is going pretty well.

I did go to Aquafit and am going to catch a Zumba class today with D-DIL and will go to the park tonight for a walk with the other TOPS gals so the exercise is really picking up now that I am off from work and for the most part I am keeping the food in check but need to improve on that a bit and I think maybe I will see a better loss.

I will stop back later on but need to run and get DH lunch packed and get the dogs fed.... have a great morning all!

Itryharder
10-11-2011, 09:33 AM
Hi Turtles,
Wow, Princess, your :exercise: :swim: :tread: are coming along great. Weigh to go. I hope this is the week the weight shakes itself off of you!

Taylor and Lots, my goodness, your :exercise: is mind-boggling. Weigh to go to you too!

Terri, I like journaling. It makes me face up to what I'm eating. :chef: I also am looking forward to our Thanksgiving here in the states.

Life4evr, how's your work schedule this week? :exercise:

Bandit, how are you doing?

Gotta run and get a few things done. I know I need to :tread:. Maybe dh and I can get on the boardwalk inbetween my lunch out and getting to our grandson's.

Have a :goodvibes: day.
Judy
234.6/189.2/179 and thinner :cool: Ooooooh, I can feel how good it will be to reach the 170's. "
I'm doing well, but today I have to be extra vigilant. I think I need to step up the exercise since my weight is stalled this week. It's not going up, which would be very disappointing, but my aim is 1#/week and I really want that to happen. Today two challenges: lunch with my friend to celebrate my birthday. I am planning on having a tossed salad, period! That with a glass of unsweetened iced tea will sound more like prison fare than a celebration, but it should work and that's what I need. I can always have my JC lunch when I get home if I'm really hungry or I could have an energy bar. Tonight we're going back to dd's home for a :hb: celebration on our grandson's real birthday. Dinner, then to gymnastics with him, then back for cake. Biggest challenge: what will he want to do for dinner? If it's dinner out, I'll have a salad again/. If it's take-out delivered, that's a snap since I'll have my food in a cooler. Same with the birthday cake: I'll bring my tiny serving. Okay, enough about me.

Have a great day.
So weird-----I'm not sure what happened, but the order of my post got all jumbled. Lol.

life4evr
10-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Thanks for the well wishes. Well I have managed to loss 1.5# not sure how that happened. My work schedule isnt so crazy this week. I work second today and third shift Friday and Saturday. I don't have my morning weekend client, thank goodness.

I am going to actually try to exercise this week. Hope everyone has a good day.

CherryAutumn
10-11-2011, 11:17 AM
Looks like everyone is doing pretty good.

Princess- Hope you are feeling better and not so sore.

Lots2go- Great job on the exercise

Taylor- Great job on the power walking. mmm.. coconut cream pie sounds good. Dont worry none of that near by so I am good.

Judy- Sounds like you had a good weekend. 45# is super and you are so close to your lowest numbers.

Terri- sounds like your doing good. Journaling was hard for me when I was eating things I shouldnt but if I am sticking to it I find journaling very helpful.

Bandit- Hope things are going well.

Not sure if I want to skip my weigh-in this week or not. It is that TOM and my eating hasnt been that great so far. I am trying to fight off the munchies for carbs, and salt, salt, salt. I did get some exercise in yesterday. I got a new DVD- Leslie Sansone "Walk Away Your Waistline" I had 3 c-sections and my stomach is now a real problem area. My muscles have been cut so many times I dont know how much good it will do but I have lost a few inches in the past few months in that area.

bandit2
10-11-2011, 01:46 PM
Hi everyone - I am back from my vacation in Cuba which was fabulous.
Only rained 1 evening & 1 afternoon so we were lucky there. It was
hot & sunny. Really beautiful beaches there (Varedaro) and big pools as well.
The food is not as good as home, but I always found stuff to eat. Tons
of carbs though since there is lots of bread, potatoes, rice, beans
and short on salad fixings. Needles to say my w/i this Thurs won't be pretty.
When I got back, headed to trailer for Thanksgiving which was nice - did the big meal there since weather was awesome & we actually sat outside on deck
for our meal.

Congrats to any of you who have lost & better luck for any that have gained.
I have been trying to catch up on all the posts but you ladies have been
busy here.

Anyway, I am back & ready to get back on track!~

lots2go
10-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Hi ladies....my day is good so far, but theres only so much bad that can happen while sitting in an empty office with a bowl of salad and grilled chicken breast from home lol. We'll see how tonight goes :) I've learned that I really do like oatmeal, so I've been having it for breakfast for the last couple of weeks almost every day. It's filling and so few points, I can make it to lunch no problem. Last night a friend of mine had a jewelery party so I went to that, she had taco soup and cornbread, plus brownies and cookies!! ugh, I could have done without those sweets....But that's ok, I haven't gone over my points yet :) And I only have a couple more days until my weigh in. I've actually started weighing everyday and tracking that so that I can see how my body fluctuates. I guess that would be a good thing to know :D IDK what is for dinner tonight...I haven't made up my mind yet. Oh, and last night I also tried this roasted acorn squash with brown sugar, I'll attach the recipe in case you want to try it....YUM!!

Thanks so much for your words of encouragement Taylorsjourney...that means a lot to me. It's been a long hard road, but I'm so glad that I've started it!! You'd be surprised at what walking will do for you. My mom lost a ton of weight just walking and changing her eating habits...It's a great exercise...

Bandit...sounds like your vacation was amazing :) I'd love to see that part of the world, I've heard it's beautiful! Welcome back!

Judy....great job on your walking and exercise!! You're doing great!

Cherry....Just passing this along....when I first started bootcamp my instructor said that the best way to get rid of that baby belly (I've got a massive one lol) is cardio, cardio, cardio....she said that as you burn calories and fat it will eventually shrink...and it does, trust me....just keep working at it...sit ups and crunches do help tighten, but the bulk of it will go away with plenty of fat burning exercises :)

Princess.....you rock with your aquafit and zumba classes!!! I really wish I could find a zumba class that worked w/ my schedule! I'd love to try it.....

Have a great evening ladies :) Until next time...............

Roasted Acorn Squash with Brown Sugar
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 2 Serving Size: 1/2 squash Old Points: 2 pts Points+: 4 pts
Calories: 142.4 Fat: 2.7 g Protein: 1.7 g Carb: 34.5 g Fiber: 3.3 g
Sodium: 52.6 mg

Ingredients:
1 acorn squash, cut in half, seeds and fibers removed
1 tbsp Smart Balance Light
2 tbsp brown sugar (to taste)
dash of ground cinnamon

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350. Rub 1/2 tbsp light butter on each side. Top with brown sugar and cinnamon. Place in a baking dish and add 1/4 cup water to the bottom of the pan. Cover and bake 50 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool before serving.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/10/roasted-acorn-squash-with-brown-sugar.html

Taylorsjourney
10-11-2011, 03:14 PM
Hey everyone.. wow this gorgeous weather for us continues.. I hear it's supposed to start to cool back down towards end of week but for now I will take it...

Bandit - welcome back.. sounds like you had an amazing vacation and beautiful Thanksgiving ... as for the w/i well it will be whatever it will be you've done amazing so far!!

CherryAutumn thank you for the encouragement.. I find that mentally I'm in a better place when I get up and get moving...

Today I woke with a headache that has decided to be my shadow.. I've taken one advil and it still doesn't want to leave me alone so it's making everything I do feel drawn out.. I did workout on my treadmill but I had to be more of a cheerleader to motivate me to keep going because my head just kept saying stop stop stop.. I realized even if I did stop this pesky thing wasn't going anywhere so might as well venture thru it.. I don't suffer with migraines so I totally feel for those who do.. I tried taking a nap - nope .. tried flushing it out - nope but on the bonus side there I did get my water in today LOL.. so I guess I just get to deal with as I head in to work...

just wanted to stop by and say hello to everyone and wish them all a great OP day..

Itryharder
10-11-2011, 03:30 PM
Life, congrats on the great weight loss. :goodscale: and :balloons: and :bravo: even if you are not quite sure why you lost it, you've got some good habits that are kicking in and working for you. Yay

Bandit, so glad you're back from your vacation :swim: and that you had such a good time. I hope your WI is okay and that the next week puts you right back on track.

Lots, thanks for the recipe.

We are burning up the cyber space lines here. I'm having a good food day and I'm sending :goodvibes: to all of us. This support is terrific.
Judy
234.6/189.2/179 and thinner :cool:

life4evr
10-12-2011, 12:08 AM
Hi everyone checking back in after work. Well today was one of those days that I didn't avoid the fast food. I have decided I will not feel guilty about this at all. The guiltier I feel the worse I tend to eat the other days. So I tracked it and I will keep it moving. Let just say alot of my weekly points took a hit. Umm not much to have everyone have a good night and a good day tomorrow.

Princess1122
10-12-2011, 09:24 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all! It is a bit gloomy and overcast here today as rain is on the way but we need it so I won't complain and will make my to-do list based on things that need to be done inside the house for the next couple of days.

Yesterday was a great day, got my Zumba in and two walks, one with the dogs and one with the TOPS gals so I have met my exercise goals for the week and that feels good! I need to start to do some toning and will get my bands out and get that going maybe this weekend.

Life: With your schedule fast food will most likely be a part of your life no matter how much pre-planning you do - so accounting for it is key and also maybe researching what your best options are - like grilled chicken sandwiches and skipping the fries or seeing if they have other side options like fruit or something. Anyway, good job on not feeling guilty about it, that is a huge step!

Judy: Did you get to the boardwalk yesterday for a walk? You are doing great pre-planning for all of your family functions! Have you gotten your gardens prepared for winter yet? I have been working on that now since I have the extra time, what a job since I basically ignored everything over the summer lol! But it gives me stuff to do and I am really finding that staying busy is super important for me to stay out of the kitchen.

Bandit: So happy to have you back with us! I missed you! Glad you had a good time on your vacation though and what ever happens at W/I I know that you will be back on track and shaking it off really soon! Belated Happy Thanksgiving!

Taylor: I get headaches, all kinds of the darned things plus migraines... ugh. One thing that helps almost all of them is warm compresses on my forehead, some say cold compresses but that would but me in the grave, I have to have the heat and it helps to break up the sinus headaches and calm down the rest including the migraines. Hope you are feeling better today!

Lots: Thanks for the recipe, I love winter squash and have been making it a lot here lately when I find it at the farmers market. Sounds like the party at your friends was fun though even with the food LOL, I love those event but the food always a challenge.

Cherry: Hope you are doing well, skip W/I if you want but remember, it is just a number and you will find no judgement here! Just take everything into account and move forward, you are doing so good that a bump or two is bound to happen.

Terri: Sounds like you are super busy! Yes the Aquafit is way easier on my body then the rest of the options... LOL. I am enjoying the Zumba but I sure feel it the next day! The teacher on the Tuesday morning class is fabulous and I will really miss that class when I go back to work but will find another on in the evening that will be good also I'm sure.

Well gals, I need to get moving the to-do list is long today! Have a great day all!

Itryharder
10-12-2011, 01:26 PM
Hi Gals,
I'm taking the easy way out and saying "ditto" to everything Princess just wrote. Lol. She says everything I think, and she says it better!

Today was my WI at WW's and JC. I lost 1.6# at WW's and 2.6 at JC. Isn't that great? I am so excited. Yesterday was such a challenge for me, but I stuck to my guns for my birthday celbration and had a tossed salad. I can only tell you that I want this weight off now. I'll worry about maintenance when I get there. Yay! :chef:

Princess, even though I had no excuses, my gardens are really a mess. When I get off online, Ill pull up the tomato plants, etc. and call it a day. Yesterday I washed some windows and glass doors and today I did the insides of four more before my meetings. Yay. Gotta run, gals. Keep on checking in. We are doing great!
Judy
234.6/186 (JC weight)/179 and thinner :cool:

life4evr
10-12-2011, 01:44 PM
Princess: Yeah usually I go to Wendys and substitute the fries for a salad. But it was one of those nights I had enough of grilled chicken LOL and I really wanted those fries. Which I did enjoy. I tracked and feel fine today. Congrats on meeting your exercise goals.

Itryharder: Congrats on the loss.

So I worked last night and my body really feels like I exercised. My arms are actually sore. So I am thinking all of the turning and stuff I do at work with my client is helping. If nothing else happens I will have toned arms. LOL. Nothing major planned for today since I woke up sore. So I am catching up on cleaning and laundry.

Taylorsjourney
10-12-2011, 07:19 PM
It's the middle of the week and raining my way.. my dh is excited because he finished up the tomatoes in our fields which ends a long difficult crop this year.. now if the rain lets up and the sun comes out he will get back in the combine to take off the beans and corn..

today I woke up headache free -( thank you so much for the suggestion Princess) I will try that next time.. last night I was in bed before 9 and fast asleep.. today was my day off and I have tried to set a challenge for me to keep me going in both the ww program as well as fitness.. yesterday I had mentally set myself up to try to walk to this little town and back home... we figured it out to be around 8 miles and since I have done this one the treadmill I wanted to try it today.. well today I woke to dreary skies and chickened out because of the possibility of rain ( YES I MIGHT MELT ) lol.. I know they say that just cause it rains doesn't mean you should stop walking but well FOR ME IT DOES... so I went out and did intervals on my treadmill.. not the same but still gave me a sense of accomplishment and I shaved 17 minutes off my last attempt at it so wahooo for me... there is a walk in a few weeks being put on in the city that I have eyeballed as my October challenge .. I told my husband that if I wake up that day and the conditions are right ( again my princess mode lol)... then I will attempt it.. its 10k which I believe is a little over 6 miles so I'm thinking I might be good to go.. years ago and we are going way way way back I did the Terry Fox Run across the border ( we started American side came over the bridge and ended the walk/run on Canadian side) .. it was amazing and something I have never forgotten.. but life gave me a curve ball and well here I am again working at it.. I am enjoying this program and I thank each and every one of you for your commitment to each other.. some days I just like to read the support you all give to each other and it makes me smile to know even if I get long winded and bounce all over the place ( like today) .. you guys will get me.. LOL..

Itryharder - congrats on both your weight losses.. that would have me doing the happy dance all over the parking lot!!

Life - Im not sure about pts but would the jr meals be any better if you had the drive thru craving? Oh I could go for a Wendy's frosty but those pts scream at me like a neon hotel sign everytime I think of it...

have an awesome evening!!

Princess1122
10-13-2011, 06:10 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Thursday to you all! It is raining here today so it will be all inside activities for me (I'm with Taylor - I don't mind the rain but don't love it enough to exercise in it!) Yesterday was a pretty good day although I did not exercise since I had done so much the previous day and felt very tired so I took the day off, and I was super hungry so I really had to work to stay out of the kitchen!

I think I am going to catch a cycle class at the gym this morning but will see how the morning progresses. I have my W/I tonight so am eager to see how I do.

Taylor: I love hearing about what other people are doing so you are never long winded to me! Headaches are rough and the last thing you want to do is exercise! Glad you were not suffering with one yesterday! Hope your husband is able to get the rest of your crops in... so you live on a farm?!?! How wonderful! I have always wanted to live on a farm, I am told it sounds way more glamorous then it really is lol but I would still like to do it some day.

Judy: Huge congrats to you! Wow... I am just so happy for you, I know how hard you are working so keep at it and you will be to goal in no time at all!

Life: I totally understand, some days you just want the darned fries and frosty! I am like that too and can really relate. Sounds like you are doing well though and I hope your week continues to go smoothly!

All: Have a great day everyone!

terrod99
10-13-2011, 07:16 AM
Rainy Thursday here too!

Only working half days as my boss has gone to Europe for 3 weeks, how come I don't feel like I have any more time? Still haven't hit the scale, I know I won't like what it says, am keeping at the exercise the rest will fall into place. Soon I hope...

Princess I am taking today off too! I may go to aquafit tonight if my buddy can go, I am feeling tired too, I find the more I exercise the hungrier I am seems like I am defeating the whole purpose!!!! Must make good food choices!!! It is so hard sometimes!!!

Bandit welcome back glad you had a great time in Cuba! I know what you mean about the food, it is a beautiful place but.... the food yuck.

Judy nice loss great job!!!! I am feeling I will never see the 180's!!!!

Life Every movement counts, I need more toning on my arms!

Taylor looks like rain for days, will hope for some clear skies for your husband and you for your running.

Lots have you ever made squash soup, I made it but didn't have recipe, just looked some up on internet, it would be great to have a good one.

Cherry I have been walking at least 1 hour 3-5 times a week, I can feel the difference in my belly fat, it is toning up. So keep at it and it will happen.

Have a great day all!!! We are doing this together!!!

Terri

bandit2
10-13-2011, 10:18 AM
Morning, turtles:

Judy - fabulous loss & great for staying on track for your birthday celebration.
Happy Birthday!

Life - Yes, sometimes we just have to have our favorite goodies & then
hopefully, get back on track.

Taylor - Glad to hear you got rid of your headache, not fun with those
Great you are getting in your exercise whichever way you can. It all adds up

Princess - Sounds like ou are aLso doing great with your exercise & really
nice to see you are looking forward to your weigh in tonight. Good luck!

Terri - I am also in the rain zone today & by the forecast for the next while.
Yes, the food at the resort was heavy on the carbs & very light on the salad
fixings & of course, I had my fair share of alcohol & desserts.

I am back to Tops tonight and really hate the thought of facing the scale
after my holiday that led into Thanksgiving weekend. But, just have to do it and move forward, but it won't be pretty!

Another problem I seem to have is not being able to just throw out leftovers.
Honestly, I have been eating through stuff all week - does anyone else do that?

Have a great Thursday!

bandit2
10-13-2011, 10:23 AM
Oops - forget to mention I did Zumba last night & that is a great workout!

Itryharder
10-13-2011, 10:26 AM
`Hi Turtles,
Wow, our posts are really hot! WEigh to go. WE're doing great.

Princess, you're exercising a lot. Weigh to go! :strong: :swim: How is your carpal tunnel? Has the inflammation slowed down? Thanks to you, my veggie garden (really tiny plot) is up and in the trash. Now I'll have to cut back my perennials, etc. but if I don't get that done, I'll catch them in the spring. We;ve got rain here again, so outside work may not happen. I need to wash down my kitchen cabinets, so I'll do that when I get offline here.

Life4evr, you're using so many muscles at work. Good for you. Exercise comes in all forms and if you're aching, you're developing those muscles. Weigh to go! :strong: I like that you have counted in the fast food and don't have guilt over it. To me, it was always the guilt that triggered more eating-----didn't make sense but it was a cycle I repeated all too often. I'm sending you :goodvibes: for your eating this week. WW doesn't want us to feel deprived, in moderation. I keep thinking about how fabulous Jennifer Hudson looks.

Terri, thanks for the apple tip about the McIntosh. I finally found a bag of small Fuji apples at Trader Joes's and they are what I'm looking for. I still have about 15 apples that are too tart and I'll make up a batch of baked apples with them.

Lots2go, very interesting to me that you tried something you never expected to like, running, and found out you love it! Good for you. The calories you're burning are super awesome. :tread:

Taylor, I'm going to find my WW style Coconut Custard Pie recipe made with spaghetti squash. Don't laugh-----it is really tasty and a good dessert for those days when a fattening dessert isn't a great idea (like most days). :chef:
Power walking! Weigh to go! :tread:

Cherry, about the tummy-----you're doing great. The weight is coming off.
Keep up the good work. I see a flat tummy in your future! :strong:

Bandit, So glad you had a great vacation in Cuba. :swim: and :beach: And then to come back to Thanksgiving on your deck at the trailer is great. Good to have you back!

Lots, I love oatmeal too. I think part of WW's is that you can juggle your points plus around to lose weight. It works for lots of people to have a lower point breakfast to use the points later in the day. I found WW was a lot of experimenting and some times I was way more successful with it than at others. Good luck and good planning! We can do this!

Terri, you're exercising great. The food will fall into place. It's a day at a time. Do you feel like planning a breakfast each day for this week? Take the food a baby step at a time, get your good habits back, and keep on keepin' on. You will definitely see the 180's and lower. I'll give you my personal deal. Less than two months ago I was frightened----almost terrified--that I would hit 200# again after trying so hard and taking so long to break that number. That led me to try another program and it is working. To be fair, it was the fear that motivated me. My thinking went, God, if I hit 200# I'll give up and be back close to a much higher number. I was so afraid that I'd give back all I've worked so hard for. So, I tried something else. My motivation is extremely high right now and I am happy that I've found something that worked for me. I hope this helps you a little bit. The deal is to find out what works. Is it planning and preparing? Is it getting rid of problem foods? Is it cutting back on eating out? I hope I don't sound like a "know-it-all" because that is the least person that I am. All I really know was that I had to change up what I was doing. We've had other members in our group do something similar by joining TOPS or other programs. I know, Terri, that you will get back into the 180's. Your exercise is excellent. You'll get there one pound at a time. Weigh to go!

Okay, on an entirely different note, here's a WW recipe for Coconut Custard Pie:

I only know the points on this, not points plus. 10 servings (small slices) for 2 points each slice.

Coconut Custard
2cups spaghetti squash, cooked and "forked"
1/2cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/4t. vanilla extract
1/2t. coconut extract
1 cup skim milk
1/2 c. evaporated milk, lowfat or ff
2 eggs or 6 eggwhites
Pam
1. Cook spaghetti squash and make strands with fork.
2. Blend all other ingredients in blender.
3 Add squash and blend
4. Spray a 10"casserole dish with Pam

Cook 45 min.-1hour test with knife by inserting knife in center of casserole.
When knife comes out clean, it's done.

I tried this recipe without much hope, but I honestly like it a lot. It's a bit more work than a Jell-O/Cool Whip dessert, but it's a nice change. Hope you like it.

Okay, this has gotten so long. My :goodvibes: to everyone. Have a great day.
Judy
234.6/186/179 and thinner :cool:

Princess1122
10-13-2011, 12:16 PM
I just got back from the gym - I took a cycling class and managed to get thru it all for a total of 14 miles and 400 calories burned - It was painful to say the least, I have not taken one in a while so it was good to get back.

Judy: Thanks for the recipe! That will come in very handy with the upcoming fall and winter holidays! You gave great advise!

Bandit: Yep, I have a very hard time throughing away leftovers too, I feel like I am throwing away part of my paycheck I think. But I am getting better to making much smaller amounts of things since it is just DH and I now.

Terri: Totally understand about not feeling like you have any more time even with the shorter working hours. I have all day now that I am not working and I still run short, DH says that I try and cram way to much into a 24 hour period... LOL. Enjoy your shorter days though! I was totally starving when I got it from the gym - had a couple of black bean burgers and some squash and now I am finally full!

Have to run!

Itryharder
10-13-2011, 12:40 PM
Hi Turtles,
Yep BAndit. I absolutely get it with leftovers. Last year for thanksgiving, I had my holiday dinner, then as I was putting away my food I made another plate for myself for the next day and I gave away all my leftovers to the guests. My one sil loves to take home food. It makes it easier for him to get through the week not having to cook as much.

Princess, I could never do that on a bicycle. Good for you! That is amazing exercise :strong: and I'm so happy you could do it. 400 calories burned is a wonderful feat.

With my dh decorating our basement for our Halloween party, we've neglected the boardwalk and I'm missing it. I do my DVD on toning, but that's not enough and for some reason I'm resisting getting on the treadmill.
I've got to think this through. Right now I took a break from washing down my kitchen cabinets, so I better get back. Nice chatting with you all.
Judy

lots2go
10-13-2011, 08:20 PM
Good Thursday evening fellow turtles!! I had a decent day...I ate ok, I'm still starving though lol. I'm going to pop some air popcorn in a few after the kids get in the bed and watch Grey's Anatomy.....ALONE! :boogie:

I'm so jealous with all the rain talk...we haven't had real rain in a long time...we are having serious drought issues here in Oklahoma and Texas...but I'm like you Taylors...I DO NOT run or walk in the rain lol...I did have to do boot camp on Monday, it was sprinkling, not really raining at all....but we still met and worked out under the picnic shelter at the park...

I"m a little nervous about my weigh in tomorrow. I think I'll either maintain or hopefully lose maybe a pound. THis week I weighed every day....I'm trying to learn how my body fluctuates. Wow after my run last Saturday I was up A LOT for a couple of days, then I eventually have gone back down. TOM should be here next week though so that's why I'm a little nervous. Plus I haven't seen the scale go down past my last weigh in weight....we'll see it will be what it is :)

Princess: Black Bean burgers??? Where can I find a recipe...that sounds yummy....I've heard that spin classes are brutal! I'd love to try it sometime though...

Bandit and Judy-I"m the exact same way with leftovers...I was always taught "waste not want not" so I never throw food out :( I need to get over it! I love that you do Zumba! I really want to try it...I did reserve some videos at the library so hopefully they'll be ready soon :)

Judy-I love halloween time, IDK why, I guess I had so much fun as a kid getting dressed up and stuff. I don't like the morbid or scary stuff at all, just the fun in running around town all dressed up :) --thanks for the recipe, I can't wait to try it!!

Taylors- You are rockin' that treadmill!! GO YOU!! 8 miles is a long ways...I know ;) and for what it's worth, so is 6!! Good job!!

well, I know i didn't get everyone, but :goodvibes: to everyone!!!! I've gotta get these kiddos in the bed so i can have my POPCORN!!!!! :) Have a great Friday and the rest of the weekend!!

Taylorsjourney
10-13-2011, 09:26 PM
good evening everyone - I hear the rain as it hits the windows - would gladly share if I could Lots...

it was one of those days where you come home and just say Thank God I`m home... I work with someone who makes life difficult when following a program.. not that she isn`t supportive ( or so she says) its just you`re never doing anything right.. it begins to wear on you and today was one of them.... I`m changing my eating habits.. I`m committing to my workouts and ME .. I may not be losing in her mind fast enough but I am winning on so many other levels that today I just about told her where to stick her opinion ( I smile as I type this as I see my Gram waving her finger at me saying `hon if you can`t say nothing nice you say nothing at all` LOL ).. I realized that where once I might have emotionally taken this attitude out on a big bag of dorrito cheese chips today I just thought soo not worth it.. yeah that`s a nsv for me!!

Bandit - I can relate to the leftover situation.. I think part of it comes from growing up with every penny counting as well as my Mom`s insistance that there were starving children everywhere who would just love to have the food.. I know when I went thru my divorce the kids and I learnt that every morsel counted and I`ve often heard my youngest son (15) talk about his days of soup or pasta revisited over and over LOL...

Princess was that a spin class I hear so many talk about.. either way 14 miles is awesome.. my butt would hurt after something like that so kudos to you... amazing I will say.. yes to me being on a farm.. I was born and raised on one and eventually married a wonderful man who is a farmer... glamorous is not a word one thinks about in farming but there is a serenity to the work you put into it - although if this rain doesn`t stop my husband will disagree with me on that one LOL... usually he finished combining somewhere in November so we still have a bit of a road ahead of us, but thank you for your kind words!!

Terrod I agree there never seems to be enough hours in our day to accomplish everything we want so we start the next day already behind.. your doing fantastic and thank you so much for making me realize that my cardio is helping my belly shrink... as well for your hopes on the clearing skies.. from your lips to God`s ears we can only pray :)

Itryharder - halloween decorating sounds like fun... fall cleaning not so much LOL.. I love to look at homes that are all fall ghost pumpkin`d up... Martha Stewart was on the Today show this week and some good ideas for pumpkin carving.. I copied your coconut pie recipe and might venture to try it - I love that pie... my mil makes it sooooo goood.. so if I can clear my mind and be open to your recipe let`s see what happens..

Lots2go - boot camp too.. wow you ROCK.. thanks for the encouraging comments like I said you do motivate me so DON`T STOP ... oh I remember the days where you put the kids to bed and had a little bit of `quiet time`.. enjoy that because before you blink it changes..

okay ladies everyone is doing fantastic.. I am hopeful about the w-i tomorrow.. I`m hoping for a loss but if it doesn`t happen then it will be next week.. my clothes are feeling looser so I know inches are coming off if not the pounds.. :carrot::carrot:

HAVE A GREAT EVENING!!!

terrod99
10-14-2011, 07:14 AM
Singing in the rain!!!

Went for my morning walk umbrella in tow! Kept it to 45 min as we were soaked from the rain. So 3 walks in this week, no aquafit. Will work on that next week.

Bandit the leftovers get me too. Since my eldest son moved out I feel like we waste so much food, he would always eat the leftovers, I feel guilty thowing stuff out! We were raised that way "clean your plate", don't waste.

Princess I gaze through the window at the spin class, hoping one day to be fit enough to participate!!! Good for you, you go girl!!!! What about these bean burgers?

Judy our friends are Halloween freaks, we help them do the yard for the big day, my husband has built them a coffin, and an electric chair for their display, they always take the day off work to be ready for the big night!!! Have fun!

Lots my booty needs boot camp!!! At this point I think I will need to work up to that!!

Taylor sometimes we have to not look at the scale and pay attention to how our clothes are fitting and how we feel, judst knowing that we had a good week a and did as we should is more important sometimes the scale doesn't move so don't get discouraged, keep at it!!!

Cherry hope you had a great week and are happy with your results this weigh in.

Life hope you are keepin on!!! and having an on plan week!

Gals have a good weekend and hope for clear skies wind and rain here for the weekend.

Terri

Princess1122
10-14-2011, 07:33 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Friday to you all! It is cooler and rainy this morning but supposed to clear up this afternoon and be a fairly nice weekend.

W/I last night did not go well and I am a bit frustrated but will keep chugging along. I was up 1.4 lbs and with all of the exercising I did and eating within my calorie range I expected better results... I am pretty sure that I have a lot of inflamation due to the increase in exercise so will keep at it and in fact am heading to the gym this morning to catch an aquafit class then home to get my house cleaning done and some grocery shopping taken care of.

Taylor: Yep, very sore hinney here! LOL! Yes, it is what they call Spinning and it is a wonderful class, I really enjoy it but it is a serious workout. I totally understand what you are saying about farming and have heard many things about it both good and at times heart breaking... I hope that the weather gets better for your DH soon!

Lots: The spicey black bean burgers are actually Morning Star Farms and I find them in the freezer section of the grocery store... they are in the none-meat section and I love them!

Judy: Sounds like you guys are gearing up for the fall holidays and keeping busy. Today is my cleaning day, ugh, and I need to wash down my kitchen cabinets also, not one of my favorite things to do...:)

Bandit: Hope your W/I went better than mine did last night. Are you getting back into the swing of things now that you are home?

Terri: What is on your To-Do list today? Anything going on this weekend?

Life: How are things going for you so far this week?

Cherry: Are you still doing ok?

Itryharder
10-14-2011, 09:41 AM
Good Morning Turtles,
Princess, I'm sorry your WI didn't show the number you deserve, but I'm super positive it has to do with inflamed muscles. That happens often at our WW mtg. and there's nothing more disappointing than eating right and exercising like crazy to then get a gain. The gals say drinking water and waiting it out while continuing the exercise and eating right gets a successful WI the next week.

Terri,
Hi! Oh, now I'm worried about the coconut custard pie. Lol. Maybe I shouldn't have offered it. If you've already printed it out, please add to your recipe that you have to spray the pan with Pam first. I forgot to put that in my original typing. I really do think it tastes good, but if your mil makes a fabulous real one, my recipe may not hold up. :chef:

Yesterday was great. I planned around having dinner out with dh and df.
I had a big breakfast, a huge salad for lunch, an energy bar and water right before heading out to dinner. The restaurant had an "Autumn Salad" with grilled chicken, cheese crumbles, raspberry vinagrette (sp), and greens, etc.
I held the dressing and crumbles on the side. Ate one pieces of chicken that looked about 2oz. and did fine. Back at df's house, we all had an ice cream pop (350cal) that took the place of my lunch. Lol. So, a little different, but still a success! Today we're meeting my niece for lunch out-----she wants to treat my dh and me to lunch for our birthdays. Very nice! I'll have either a salad, or cup of soup and 1/2sandwich which does sound better.

Okay, gotta run and do some inside things. The weather is extremely rainy here, and my niece may even cancel since she has a bit of a drive.
You all take care. Be well and happy.
Judy

bandit2
10-14-2011, 11:15 AM
Happy Friday, everyone

Lots/Taylor - good luck on your weigh ins Hopefully all your hard work
will show up at the scale.

Terri - awesome job on getting out walking in the rain, good for you!

Princess - sorry to hear about you weigh in. It really is frustrating when
you have exercised & stayed on plan, and it doesn't show up. BUT lots of
times it does take a couple of weeks for your body to catch up & I am sure
next week you will be down big time. So keep on with all you are doing!

Judy - sounds like you have lots of eating out challenges right now and you
are in a good frame of mind to deal with it. That is half the battle, I think
just being prepared mentally and making good choices leads to success.

As for me - well, I knew I would be up from the last few weeks & as expected
I was up 4# (but I was happy to still be in the 180's) so now I have to
work extra hard to drop those pounds I had already lost. You think we would learn that: eating more, exercising less would hurt our success.
But I did enjoy my holidays and my goal this week is to get back to our challenge.

Good luck everyone!

life4evr
10-14-2011, 12:29 PM
Hey everyone. Just droppinga quick note my sinuses are kicking my butt. I have been on plan some days and off other days. Just overall feeling icky. I go back tonight third so I am about to lay down and get some more sleep. Well be back later to do a more detailed.

Itryharder
10-14-2011, 03:21 PM
Hi All. Just back from lunch. Did okay. I'm going to chime in on ourFriday WI.
See you all there.
Judy

Taylorsjourney
10-14-2011, 08:04 PM
Hey everyone.. well I am working real hard at being positive as when I stepped on the scale today it showed a gain of a pound.. ouchhh.. I am just hoping that it is muscle weight and will continue doing as I am doing.. I work tomorrow so I am headed to bed early as I start early.. thank you to all your kind words and suggestions.. this morn I looked at the number and felt my heart sank but stayed focussed.. you are so right terrod when you say the clothes can be the bigger indication.. I came home from work and hit that treadmil with as much gusto as I could manage so it is chin up and moving forward.. night everyone

Princess1122
10-15-2011, 08:14 AM
Good morning everyone and happy chilly Saturday morning to you all! Wow, it is a true fall day out there for us here in the midwest, chilly and big blustery clouds rolling around.

I am just doing a quick check in as DH and I need to get ready - we are going to the farmers market and then on for a cup of coffee at the local bagel shop, we are thinking of going to the state park for a walk today but there are really high winds here this morning so we will see how it all calms down later and if needed will just head to the park behind our house with the dogs. The Indianapolis Marathon is taking place today and I think it starts in the State Park so we may want to avoid that area due to traffic, etc but will have to see how the day progresses.

Congrats to those with a loss and chins up to those with a gain (ugh!)!!!

I will try and pop back on later to see what is going on and get my individual postings done but for now my feet need to fly!

Itryharder
10-15-2011, 09:09 AM
Hi Turtles,
Princess, have fun at the Farmer's Market. I can tell you'll get in some exercise today----walking at one of the parks---with or without the dogs.
Have a good day. Onward and Downward! :tread:

Terri, your dh must be very handy to make a coffin and electric chair. I'd love to have my dh share the setting up with some of our pals, but he loves to do it himself. He does the whole basement and then I help him decorate upstairs. It's a lot of work, but a lot of fun too. :balloons:

Bandit, eating out never worked for me before. No matter how I guided myself with ww principles, I always found out later that the food I chose was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay over what WW suggested. Now I check out menus beforehand and I'm having some success checking out calories rather than points plus. We'll see. I didn't check for Panera's Bread before I went and that was a mistake. It was rainy and cold here, so the soup and sandwich sounded like a good idea. Cup was 100cal. and 1/2ciabatta sandwich w/tomato/mozzarella was almost 400 cal. Much too many calories for me at this stage of my weight loss. I suspect that will be fine for maintenance once in awhile, but not now. I should have stuck with a salad. :chef:

About you: those 4# you just put on are "fast pounds" and they'll come off this week now that you're back to meeting the challenge. (I know 4# is tough to lose in a week, but I've found---and I hope it works for you---that eating out with salt, etc. those pounds do come off nicely once I drink plenty of water and watch the calories/points, whatever) Sending you :goodvibes:
for a :goodscale: this week! So great that you held onto the 180's! You're doing this.

Life4evr, :bravo: and :balloons: for every single day you're OP. You're doing great. Keep it up. I love hearing from you!

Taylors, heavy exercise can cause inflammation and water retention. I've got high hopes that when you weigh yourself today the scale will be down.
:goodscale: and how clothes fit like Terri said is most important!
Chin up! We'll see less of you soon. (I love that saying. My friends at WW
say it quite a bit)

Cherry, thinking about you and your little guys. You're an inspiration! :dancer:

Hey, I got my kitchen cabinets washed down and finished. I'm making a big deal out of it which is silly because I don't have that many, etc. but I saw they were dusty and needed care and I am happy I got to them. So much to do in the house----everywhere I look there's something that needs doing. I'm trying to take it in my stride and do a bit here and there. Lots of pouring rain again last night and now it's sunny for a bit.
Have a great day! No plans for this weekend, but that can change at any minute.
Judy
234.6/186/179 and thinner ! :cool:

bandit2
10-15-2011, 11:25 AM
Hi turtles - overcast here today as well. But could be worse (snow, freezing rain) so not complaining.

Life - hope you are feeling better today

Taylor - That pound will be gone in no time, and I agree about the clothes - as long as they are fitting better you are heading in the right direction.
Sometimes those scales are not our friends, so you just keep up the good work & eventually the number on the scale will drop.

Princess - have fun at the farmers market, they are always fun to poke around & get some nice fresh veggies (stay away from the pies)

Judy - thanks for all the encouraging words. I have also checked online for calorie counts at restaurants beforehand & a few times didn't even open the menu which really helped, just ordered what I had planned beforehand. But
when you are out with your friends & they order yummy appetizers and drinks it is tough. And sometimes I just fool myself thinking this will be my treat which would be fine if it was only once in awhile, but I go out lots so really have to be careful.

Tonight I am going to Thai restaurant and then playing glow in the dark mini golf with a few of the ladies - so that will be fun. I will eat light today and hopefully pick something not off the charts with high calories.

Tomorrow my gf is coming for the day since she is heading to Florida next week for 6 months & we are going to have a nice fish dinner for a change.

All - hope you have a great OP weekend!

bandit2
10-15-2011, 11:28 AM
Question for everyone:

Does anyone have an electric roasting pan? I seen one yesterday & it
will cook up to an 18# turkey - looks like a big roasting pan with a cord.
Would be handy if it worked? Any thoughts?

Princess1122
10-15-2011, 02:57 PM
Bandit: My mom used an electric roaster for years and it worked really well! She always did a huge turkey and then there was never room in the oven for the rest of the items that she wanted to bake so at some point she got one but I was pretty little when she did... she used it for years and years and loved it. I am tempted to get one also, it would really free up the oven on the big holidays.

Itryharder
10-15-2011, 03:52 PM
What a great idea----electric roaster.
Bandit, good luck with good choices tonight. Dinner w/gf tomorrow sounds super healthy and good for losing weight.
Enjoy all you're doing.

Yeah, pretty soon I'm going to look at what I need to do for Thanksgiving and get the early shopping done. Not until after the Halloween party, though, because the party kinda turns the house around.
I'm having an OP day and that makes me glad.

Everybody keep on keepin' on. When we get through a weekend without doing too much damage, it's easier for the pounds to come off!
Judy

CherryAutumn
10-15-2011, 08:06 PM
Not doing so great right now. It is that TOM but in all honesty I have made a few real bad choices the past week. I am feeling bad about my weigh in. I think I have gained atleast +1.6 pounds this week. I see that some of us have lost weight and others have gained a little so I guess I am not alone. I guess I am feeling bad because I let my emotions get in the way and ate to stuff them down. I will keep trying. Today starts a new week so far I am off to a good start.

Taylorsjourney
10-15-2011, 09:40 PM
hey everyone .. just a quick shout out to say Im here and reading LOL.. it's been a fun filled day.. worked and then came home to have enough time to change and my dh took me to see "The Help" .. awesome movie - recommend it to everyone.. the ending song "Living Proof" had me in tears as it resonated(sp) with me so much.. anyway managed to have a snack of my own and bottle of water during the show so happy with that..

thank you to everyone for the encouraging words - especially the I will be seeing less of you soon.. scooping that one !!!

CherryAutumn ((hugs)) as I know what that scale going up can do to you... so take it for what it was -put it in the past and just go forward...

oh dear I heard my dh talking to the tv which means his Tigers can't be fairing well in this playoff game... snuggle time might comfort him LOL..

take care cya tomorrow!!

Princess1122
10-16-2011, 07:54 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Sunday to you all! Chilly this morning but not as bad as yesterday morning! DH and I did go to the farmers market and also took the dogs for a walk and took the "Chucker" with us, it is a ball slinger for the German Shep dog... he is all about chasing the ball lol and without the chucker we would have really sore arms! He is just tireless when it comes to that silly ball but a much happier dog when we are done, he even carries the ball home :D he is a really good boy!

Eating yesterday was ok, I could have done better and plan on it today, we are having company over to watch the game so I have that menu planned out, sandwich fixins with lots of veggie stackers, etc and fruit on the side with some other options. D-SIL is gluten intolerant and while we were at the farmers market we found a stand that had gluten free baked yummy stand so we grabbed a few things for her, she usually is the forgotton on at family gatherings so we were thrilled to find that stand!

Taylor: I read that book and it was really fabulous, I am eager to see the movie. DH is a huge Cinci Reds fan so I am really familiar with the whole talking (yelling) at the TV thing... LOL, good luck!

Judy: I know you guys throw a wonderful and time consuming Halloween Party so good luck with everything and we have a while before we need to worry about Thanksgiving so that will help us all to prepare for it.

Cherry: I feel your pain! Ugh, and I busted my butt last week and still had a gain so I know how bad it can feel... shake it off and get back on the wagon, we all fall, the key is to just keep getting up no matter how tired we are or how sore our butts are from falling off that darned wagon! ;)

Have a great day everyone! Thinking I might head to the gym for a swim or a cycle class, not sure yet but I have time before company arrives.

Taylorsjourney
10-16-2011, 07:44 PM
Good evening everyone.. woke up early this morning and took to a walk.. can you say oh my gosh was it cold.. I`m hoping I burned a few extra calories just keeping me warm...

Princess - I laughed when I read about your DH .. it did not fair well for my hubby and then today I got to endure it again when his Lions lost in the final minutes... I figure he works so hard in the fields that if this is a stress release for him - well what the heck... going to have to check out that chucker as our lab just loves to play ball .. the kids get tired before she does LOL..

well I had a pretty good day and I`ve got one more glass of water in to make my quota LOL... there are just some days it`s easy and others you couldn`t pay me to drink it...

have an awesome evening!!

terrod99
10-17-2011, 05:55 AM
Hey All Welcome to Monday!

Busy weekend, not sure where it went!
Saturday went to a wine/food tasting hosted by our friends, we had to bring a wine and food from a country it was fun, lots of different things to try.

We have moved my Mom to a retirement home, so extra busy visiting and packing up her apartment, she keeps saying she will adjust, I think she knows it is the right place for her, but just isn't ready to admit it!

Many posts! Will have to catch up later, hope everyone is well, and staying on track, keep at it gals, we are succeeding!

Terri

jar1965
10-17-2011, 08:16 AM
Hi everyone! I hope that you don't mind another 3fc'er.....

My name is Jeanne, I was around here in the 80's & 90's for years. Left for many and then returned again in 2000something! ;) I joined ww again in Dec. of 2009 and lost 68# (again) and have recently gained 25 back.
So... I got back at it and am down 7! Thank goodness! I jumped in on your accountability challenge too!
I work for a chocolate/bakery company....I have been there 7 years, so life on a diet HAS BY ALL MEANS - NOT BEEN EASY!!!! They actually owned a couple of Hallmark/Gift Shops and that is where my "main" job was until they downsized! Was laid off for 10 months and just recently got called back! But the only store left is the choc./bakery one! lol!
I have two grown children.....jessica 24 and kaitlin 19.....Married and have a sweet ol' dog we adopted many many years ago. I love to read and crochet and work outside.....(and shop)!:D
Well, thats about it. I look forward to meeting everyone and getting to know you! I also have the greatest friends here at 3FC on Thursdays Chatters.....

Princess1122
10-17-2011, 08:21 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Monday to you all! We had a busy weekend here, eating was not great yesterday but I did make it to the gym for a partial cycle class, the teacher did not show up so I just stayed and cycled for a while anyway, got in about 8 miles for 32 minutes. I am heading to the gym now for an aquafit class and will be back to post more later today.

Welcome to Jar we are thrilled to have you with us!

Taylorsjourney
10-17-2011, 08:44 AM
good morning everyone = WELCOME JEANNE...

this morning has started on a great note for me.. been up and got my treadmill workout in already.. I tested myself a bit today and managed 4 miles in 65 minutes which for me is awesome.. tooting my horn here - lol it just makes starting my day on such a positive way... also knowing I don't have to do anymore the rest of the day is a bonus..

Terro - your wine/food party sounded like fun.. I hope your Mom transitions smoothly.. it really is an adjustment but when it's for the best it's also piece of mind too..

Jar - wow a choc/bakery.. that would be a test for me every day I go in... I've often wondered if working in a place like that makes the desire for sweets less.. welcome again!!

Princess - awesome job on your spin class.. wow 8 miles in 32 minutes - you were bookin it girl.. that's wonderful...

it is a perfect fall day here today.. sun is shining , wind blowing and a bit brisk but I will take it.. I do really enjoy this time of year...

HAVE A FABULOUS DAY!!

CherryAutumn
10-17-2011, 11:19 AM
Jeanne- Welcome to the group. Everyone is very supportive and gives great advice.

life4evr
10-17-2011, 11:50 AM
Hey everyone. I am not having an on plan day and I am okay with that. I was feeling a little better. Then I decided to clean so everything flared back up. I am thankful that I am off today and tomorrow. Crosses finger that I don't catch the flu. I am still feeling drained but I can breathe through my nose again. Tomorrow is my weigh in day so we shall see.

Hope everyone has a good day. I am off to run some errands.

jar1965
10-17-2011, 11:56 AM
Just a quick note.....

**Bandit - I LOVE LOVE MY ROASTER!!!!! It is so great to have on Thanksgiving Day!

**Princess - I put the applesauce mixture in my crockpot this morning! I let it cook on high for several hours. THEN....I couldn't wait...lol...I put a big scoop in a dessert dish and added cool whip lite! Ahhhh, it was so good! Then I added the cornstarch and now it is simmering on low and my house smells amazing!

Thanks everyone for the nice welcome!

Itryharder
10-17-2011, 12:20 PM
Hi Turtles,
:welcome3: to Jar/Jeanne . You're going to love this group. We've all been through so much with dieting/weight control and fitness. Right now we're really rocking it and it feels so good. Thanks for joining us. I love the quotes you have at the bottom of your signature!! To intro myself, I'm a retired elementary teacher. Married with three married children and three grandchildren. My dh and I throw lots of family parties throughout the year.
I like to crochet and read, too and I like to get together with friends. Good to have you with us. I think it's awesome that you've had spectacular weight losses and so smart to get right back at it instead of allowing more weight to come back. Weigh to go!

Princess, so glad you exercised yesterday. I think anyone else might have just "counted themselves lucky" when the instructor didn't show and Lol would have walked out the door. So good for you for sticking it out. :exercise:

Chery, bad choices happen all the time. We're working to improve them, especially when emotions are involved. Look at your bottom line----27# down is fabulous. :goodscale:

Taylors, The Help was a great book. Very heartwarming. I was in the south in the early 60's and couldn't believe the separate bathrooms, etc. Very uncivilized and sad. Hey, you had me laughing at your "very cold walk." That's got to burn more calories!!!! It's nice that you had a good day and you got your water in. WEigh to go. :tread:

Terri, I am sorry about your Mom needing to go to a retirement home. It's a hard choice and she seems to be valiant about it. So great that you're a part of this group and ,yes, we are succeeding. How about that? :goodvibes:

Life4evr, here's :goodvibes: for a :goodscale: Glad you're starting to feel better.

Bandit, hi there! :balloons:

Yesterday was a good day for me. I had to cope and adjust my food :chef: because my dgs wanted to eat out-----I had a chopped salad for dinner and tried not to eat the fattening parts---like bacon and avacado ---and I did okay. Need to get back on the boardwalk. Maybe I'll go now.

I'll set up a new thread because we're all chiming in so often that we're burning up the airwaves. See you all at #266 Bale of Turtles Outdoing OUrselves!!!!
Judy