South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 05:20 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Weekend Chat, Oct 8-9

Good Morning

I'm pleased to say that my distraction from emotional eating project, painting my living room, is going well. It isn't finished but I need more paint. I'll work on edging this morning then we'll meet mom for breakfast at 8. I stayed OP yesterday. I spent alot of time on the phone w/sis yesterday as she continues to work on some life-issues but it was great that we talked (via my bluetooth) while I accomplished a project I've been wanting to tackle for several years now. So-that's my plan!

I took some misc. frozen leftovers from the freezer and pitched it all in a pot for a big batch of soup. It really helped me stick to my SBD principles last night instead of ordering pizza or going out for dinner. There are still leftovers for later today.

What's on your weekend agenda? Stop by and chat!
Old 10-08-2011, 06:32 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Debbie. Your painting project made me look around my livingroom and realize it needs painting too. The thought of removing and dusting all the books sort of over whelms me but maybe I’ll do it this winter.

It was so good to see all my baking packaged, labelled and ready to go this morning. I usually run out of steam on Big Bake Days and leave the labelling until morning. I have to do the BB again for a tea and bake sale on Oct. 22 and will make exactly the same things to take since I still have all the ingredients.

I’m off to the Church sale at 8 and then will do my stint at the Mill. The Church baking sells out before ten. The doggage go to the kennel mid-afternoon and then I’ll close the Mill and get the money ready for the night depository. Whew! Somehow today I need to do laundry, decide what to take and pack for my trip. Right now I’m not even sure what time my plane leaves tomorrow, not like me at all as I’m very anal about flight schedules.

The weather in New Brunswick sounds lovely and sunny although it gets cold beside the ocean. I’m really looking forward to nearly a week of relaxation, cooking, music, walking the shore and generally decompressing. The Inn even has a resident dog. I’m sure Acadian cooking will not be SBD friendly but I’ll do my best. Here's the link which I may have posted already.

I hope your weekend is full of fun and other good things.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:40 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning, Ruth. I admire your willpower yesterday with all your baking. Your tips are really helpful ones. I can't believe your flight is tomorrow! A week of relaxation certainly sounds nice. I understand when you look at your living room-these old homes are always in need of something. Now that the walls are looking so nice the trim looks awful..it goes on an on. I hope your day is smooth sailing!
Old 10-08-2011, 06:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Debbie - thanks for starting us off. Did you mention which color/shade you are painting? Yay for you, making the soup...that's pretty ambitious with your project!

Ruth - I'm quite anal about flight schedules as well! Hope you enjoy your break and RELAX!!!!

Darned, it's my first day on vacation, and I woke up when my hubbie's alarm normally goes off. Then the brain clicks in, and drat, an hour later I finally give up and roll out of bed!

We live in central PA, we'll drive over to Pittsburgh, then on the plane to Phoenix!! Hopefully my dad will continue to improve so I don't have to criss cross the nation. Tomorrow, I'm hoping to see antelope canyon, but maybe hang out in sedona for the day, then up to Utah on Sunday night. It's going to be a busy week!!

Hope you chicks have a great weekend!
Old 10-08-2011, 07:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Greetings from Little Rock! The drive was uneventful. I DID listen to a book on take and mostly managed to pay attention. Had a great meet up last night and we four bloggers just chattered away. We are heading the the farmer's market this morning then... playing it by ear. We had originally planned some easy hikes but the temps will be quite hot here today.

Have a great weekend!
Old 10-08-2011, 07:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Debbie, If you ever need another distraction, you are welcome to paint at my house. I even have soup makings.

Ruth, The Acadian cooking I know is NOT SB friendly.

Twynn, I've wanted to throw my hubby's alarm out the window more than once!

Hubs and Auston are getting haircuts this morning. My FIL is a barber, so we have to be there by 7:30 - before paying customers get there. There is a yard sale south of Birmingham advertising lots of fishing stuff, so we are heading there afterward. Nothing like starting a weekend early!

Happy Saturday, Chickies!

Last edited by Chelby29; 10-08-2011 at 07:23 AM.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:49 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Did I mention it's snowing here...

Twynn, I'm painting a cream color over sky blue. You are going to have such a great trip! Arizona and Utah are on my list of favorites. It's wonderful they are so close.

Karen, I'm glad you are having a great time with your blogger friends!

Chelby, I hope you find a treasure at the yard sale. It's nice to have a barber in the family. Sadly, DH has so little hair that I use Bing's grooming shears for him. Thanks, for the painting offer...I have projects here to last at least another decade.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:54 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's going to be a perfect New England fall day and I can't wait to get outside and enjoy it (though I can wait until it warms up some!).

Debbie - I really need to learn from you. I am so bad at home, eating even when I'm not hungry. I think I'll start by making a pot of soup

Ruth - What a perfect time to head to the coast. hope the day passes without any bumps and you are on your way soon

Twynn - I am looking forward to the pictures from your vacation That's definitely one of our want to go places. Hope your father continues to improve and you are able to travel without worry.

Karen - Enjoy the rest of your weekend

Chel - Happy yard saling

Just a quiet day of errands and chores. DW wants to go to the Mac store to buy iPad stuff so we will stop at the Co-op and have lunch in town. Then I'm working in the garden and yard. The grass is high, there are leaves all over and the beds need to be prepared for winter. I'm going to toss in some garlic too.

Happy weekend

ETA - Debbie - all I can say is and

Last edited by CyndiM; 10-08-2011 at 07:56 AM.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:01 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Ugh. Well last night was a pretty dramatic one. Got a call at work from Chessa that Fig, one of our dogs, had swallowed a LARGE bone and was not acting herself at all. She called our vet, who asked her some questions and advised her to take Fig to the emergency vet nearby that was still open. They induced vomiting and ended up feeling that there is a 75% chance her stomach acids are breaking down the bone. They sent her home. Of course I got emotional and freaked out at work and came home early. By the time we got home it was 9, neither of us had eaten and we had nothing made at home. So what did we do? Order pizza!

The bright side is that Fig is doing pretty well this morning. I have to cook up some rice to put in her food and feed her, then we have a couple warning signs we are supposed to watch for and bring her in if they happen. If they don't happen, we just take her to our regular vet Monday morning for one final xray to see what is going on in her stomach.

I think after a 2 1/2 week stall and a pizza binge, Chessa and I have decided to do a week of p1 again. Maybe it will help to get things back into focus and jump start again. I won't have a chance to grocery shop until Monday probably. I'll eat p1 at work until then (I always do anyway) and as close to at home, but we'll start a full week then.

Debbie- WTG staying OP!! Great job. I love a freshly painted room. I'm jealous of the snow!!!

Ruth - Have a great last day at home...I'm sure everyone is going to love all your baking, and I'm excited to hear you are going to have some "you" time this upcoming week.

Twynn- Safe travels!!

Karen - Have fun with your blogging buddies!

Chelby - Have a good Saturday! Yay for free haircuts

Cyndi - Happy weekend to you! I love the Apple store....
Old 10-08-2011, 10:05 AM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning,

Debbie - I have never painted, there would be more paint on the floor than on the walls. Proud of you for finding a diversion. Soup is a great safer and my favourite thing to have to lunch.

Ruth - Have some good time in N.B. hopefully the security staff is not working to rule in Ottawa, at Pearson people have been lining up for 4 hrs to go thru.
Twynn - fingers crossed that your dad does well and the vacation sounds great
Karen - enjoy and safe drive home
Chelby - hope Auston finds what he wants
Cyndi - Vermont must be beautiful right now. Sounds like its gardening all weekend long for you.

me - yesterday we went apple picking at my favourite orchard. I got two bushels to deal with now. I will be cooking two Thanksgiving dinners, one at home tomorrow and at my daughter's on Monday. But today its a baking marathon like Ruth. Will try to follow here guidelines. We are staying over at her place for a few days. Yesterday was not on plan but hopefully I can get back on today. Enjoy your weekend everyone.
take care
Sophie
Old 10-08-2011, 10:42 AM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Why are you all awake so early on the weekend!??!!?

I was shocked, SHOCKED I say, when I jumped on the scale this morning. And it was a genuine jump because with two mess ups this week, I contemplated skipping a weigh in all together.

Um, I lost 3 pounds!!!

How is that even possible?

I am not looking a gift horse in the mouth. Going for a walk/run around the pond today to keep the exercise up as well. We're out of $$$ until next Friday, so no plans but laundry, dishes and cooking this weekend.

Debbie - GREAT JOB!!!! And SHUT UP that it's snowing!
Ruth - You exhaust me! Happy Thanksgiving!
Twynn - How a good trip. Sending good vibes!
Karen - Glad to hear you made it safely.
Chelby - have a great weekend.
Cyndi - Have fun at the Apple store and in the garden!
Angie - Good luck with the puppy!
Sophie - Have a good one, Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 10-09-2011, 05:45 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Early good morning. I swear I was asleep by 9 last night after an exhausting day.

Right now I have a load in the dryer and will soon start to pack. Boarding pass and passport are ready. I don't need a passport for Canadian travel but one never knows. Boarding pass printed OK so this is really happening.

I doubt that I will have access to the Net - or want it! - so be good OP chickies. For myself, I make no promises!

Happy Sunday.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:48 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Thumbs up Sunday

Good Morning

Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian beachers!

Ruth, safe and happy travels! I'll miss you and look forward to your tales!

I woke up very early thinking of my sis...wanting to tell her I felt like she ought to break off her relationship. I called just to send support and found out she had finally done it. She is sad but also feels better. I feel better, too, but can't sleep. I did finish my painting, but might need to touch up once we have a super sunny day and I can see. Yesterday wasn't it.

I think I'm "up" and will work on getting the house back in order then crawl back in bed 1/2 hr before it's time to really get up. Brunch with mom today and fortunately I know the place and can make good choices.

Jenn, congrats on your scale movement!

Cyndi, did you make soup? I'm going to start another pot today.

Angie, I hope Fig is back to dog-normal. Scary!

sophie, enjoy your family time! I didn't answer your question a few days back; I have been teaching myself crochet but don't have any big plans. I did knit a cute hat/mitten set for a special baby.

Ok, off to find coffee and my dust cloth.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 10-09-2011 at 05:49 AM.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:19 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I feel like Debbie, I'm on the computer (awake, and without coffee!!) at 5am. I thought it was a 2 hour difference, it is 3! Even my kids are up and ready to go!

The flight was delayed over an hour, so we were quite tired and exhausted last night. But we're rested and ready to go today!!

Dad went into the cardiac unit yesterday for a heart arrhythmia. The nurse said it is nothing to freak and travel across the country, so I'm trying to follow her directions.

Today: Antelope canyon! Maybe Sedona. I'll have the DH check around.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:34 AM   #15  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I've been awake for way too long but slow getting in here.

Twynn- Hope you all have a wonderful time! My Dad has been in and out with arrhythmia too. I think they like to get a handle on it fast so it doesn't cause other problems. Hopefully he will be out and about soon.

Ruth - Safe travels and wishes for a peaceful, relaxing and fun vacation.

Debbie - No soup yet but it's on today's list.

Jenn - It's not really an Apple store, it's just a small local Mac place. I stayed in the car but DW found what she needed

Well I'm off to run a few errands while the stores are quiet.
Closed Thread