Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-07-2011, 06:46 PM   #1  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

Default WHY can I not seem to get past the 160s?!

I swear my body does not want to get to the 50-pound milestone.

I know, of course, that the more weight I lose, the harder it's going to be to get where I want to be. It seems like it's taking for-frickin'-EVER to get to my 50-pound mark. It always seems to go like this whenever I'm close to a milestone.

And it's not helping that I had a gain of 1.8 two weeks ago. Mind you, I took most of it back off last week (all but .2), but still. I had been operating all along on an attitude of "no deprivation" (I allowed myself a treat every week on the night of my weigh-in and then went right back at it the next morning) but at this point, I'm wondering if I should drop that, too. But the only problem with that idea is that I *know* I can't live like that forever. I just can't. I admire people who can cut certain things out of their diets for good (potato chips, chocolate, etc) but I am not one of those people, and I recognize that.

*sigh* It's just SO hard to keep from being discouraged, although I do have to say that when I go out in public and people notice my weight loss and compliment me on it, it acts as a HUGE motivator. And, even though I know that everyone loses weight at a different rate, I still tend to compare myself to others (especially others who joined my WW group at the same time I did.) There's a girl in my group who joined the exact same day I did, and she's lost 55 pounds so far. She's 14 pounds ahead of me! WHY CAN'T I GET TO 50, DAMMIT?! *L*

I don't know. It's just getting hard to be this close to 50 and not seem to be able to get there.
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:00 PM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Oh, I feel ya girl. I am getting close to that 50lb mark too and my scale is going up and down, up and staying there for the last couple of weeks. Finally, back down the lb I keep gaining today and I am hoping I will continue losing.
I was reading through my blog and sadly I noticed a pattern with my weight loss in the past couple of months where I will have an ok week, 1 lb off, followed by a better week, follwed by 2-3 weeks of nothing or small gains. I am giving myself until next Friday to see a loss if not I am going to try shaking things up a bit. I have been reading up on calorie cycling and intermittment fasting as ways to break through and start losing again.
Keep with it. You will hit that 50lb mark before you know it!

Last edited by NEMom; 10-07-2011 at 07:01 PM.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:31 PM   #3  
Just do it

S/C/G: 157/152/137

Height: 5'4"

You're the one who is going to keep it off for good when you get there. Slow and steady is the way to go!!! You have lost a significant amount of weight, a very big accomplishment. Keep your mind strong and eyes on the prize. You'll most likely be in the 150 range by the end of the month!
BlissBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:54 PM   #4  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

You write that you are doing WW -- I don't know what version -- but have you ever heard of the Wendie plan? It is basically where you cycle your points. Some days you go lower, some days you go higher. Basically, it shakes up your weight loss (hopefully), and this is how it looks:

At the start of your week, alternate the number of points you eat daily. Your rhythm of your week should look like this: low/high/low/very high/very low/high/med. high.

For example on a prior plan (like Momentum) if your range allows you to eat between 22-29 points per day:

Day 1 - 22 points
Day 2 - 28 points
Day 3 - 23 points
Day 4 - 36-39 points
Day 5 - 22 points
Day 6 - 29 points
Day 7 - 27 points

I haven't done this on WW, and I'm currently counting calories. I have a target of 1200 and a ceiling of 1400. However, cycling calories isn't new, and the Wendie plan is calorie cycling using points.

I don't know if the link will get removed but I am posting it for you. If it does get removed, just google the Wendie Plan--you'll know when you find it.
http://www.stormpc.com/ww/wendie_plan.htm

Something to think about. Good luck.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:54 PM   #5  
War Eagle!

S/C/G: 194/165/140

Height: 5'2"

I don't know, but I've been at the same weight since June. Ugh!!! Talk about frustrating!! I can't give up, but I guess I need to try something different since what I'm doing isn't working.
theCandEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:43 PM   #6  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

Thank you all for the encouragement!

124chicksinger: I have heard of calorie cycling/the Wendie Plan, and I did it once before when I was stalled at a certain weight and couldn't seem to get anywhere. I was so discouraged this time that I didn't even think of trying it again. I have the link bookmarked and have figured out the point values I need for each day, but here's a question: My weigh-in day was Wednesday, so "day 1" would be Thursday for me. And I chose Saturday as my "big day". So could I still continue with my week, even though I haven't been calorie/point cycling up to now? (Probably a silly question, I know, but...to be honest, I'd really like to have my treat tomorrow night, and if I can continue on the Wendie Plan as usual, I would be able to. *L*)

Again, everyone, thank you for the encouragement! I know that "slow and steady wins the race" but, as I'm sure you all know, sometimes "slow" is "TOO slow" when you're trying to reach a goal. Honestly, I'd be satisfied if I reached the 50-pound mark by Christmas (but obviously I'd love to get there before then.)
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:37 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

You'll get there, hon!

I'm a believer in "no deprivation" as well. However, treats need to be handled carefully. What scale of treat are we talking about? At one level, they don't make any difference because they're so small (a tiny piece of dark chocolate, say), and at another level, they can be enough to derail your weight loss completely. Maybe you need to make your treats smaller? Breaking them down into individual portion sizes and putting those into separate bags works well for many people.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote