Old 10-05-2011, 12:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/225/155

Height: 5'6

Default New to the board and new to MF

Hey everyone just wanted to say hi, I'm generally more of a lurker than poster but I'm going to try and remedy that. I started MF on Monday and so far today is the only day I've had cravings...I hoping if I can get through to tomorrow I'll feel ok
prncssla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:40 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey! Glad to have you on board!

Remember that if the hunger is really hard to take, you can split the lean & green meal--eat half of it for lunch, say, and the other half for dinner. That means you eat 7 times a day instead of 6, which really can help.

Make sure you have the allowed snacks around, so you can have one as needed.

Also, if you can't stand the hunger, you can have an extra shake. It's better to have that than it is to go off the plan.

Next day, go back to the regular patterns of 5 Medifast meals + 1 L&G (or 2 if you split it).

Good luck! Hang in there! The first few days are the hardest.
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:09 PM   #3  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Welcome!

In addition to all Jay's suggestions, I'll add drink more water. It does seem to help some with the headaches, hunger, and cravings. If you don't love plain water, try flavored seltzer, crystal light, whatever no calorie liquid you love.

Good luck - you can do it!
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:27 AM   #4  

prncssla

Just wanted to see how you made through yesterday with the cravings. May I ask what type of cravings you are having? I've noticed when I crave chocolate that I just have a chocolate pudding or shake. It really does help for me. I was using MF once before and this time around only purchased meals that were chocolate. I feel like I am being treated with each meal I have and that definitely helps when there are sweets laying around. Good luck with your progress.
Juniper Berries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:10 PM   #5  

Hi prncssla!! Welcome.
Maurene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:11 PM   #6  

Thanks for checking in-- I wanted carbs and fat I kept thinking of rolled tacos..I still am actually but I got through with just a hint of whiney and snark.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:13 PM   #7  

I think part of my problem is I'm a savory snacker and the sweets are good but the pizza crisps about made me puke and I had to choke them down, so I won't be eating those again. Have you all tried the chili cheese or Parmesan puffs are they edible??
Old 10-06-2011, 01:59 PM   #8  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I like the parmesan puffs, but there are those who don't. It's kind of like, you have to find the snacks you enjoy (or can stand) and go with those.

You may also find that you like some of the meals more, as time goes on.

I do like the "medibites," is that the ones you didn't like?

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:45 AM   #9  

I'm sorry to hear you didn't like the pizza bites. I just ordered some of those and was hoping they would help when I crave something salty and crispy. I also got some of the pretzels to try.

I've not tried any of the puffs but on the Medifast board it seems like a good number of people like the parmesean puffs.

So far I've been using pickles sometimes to try to help me with my salty and crunchy cravings.
Maurene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:43 PM   #10  

Jay - Mine are Cheesy pizza bites..they're just not for me i think I'll try the Parmesan puffs next. and I'll try the pickles to see if that quenches my need for salt

Thanks everyone... Day 5 and I'm feeling much better
Old 10-09-2011, 11:27 PM   #11  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I LOVE the puffs! The chili nacho are my favorite, but I think the parmesan are really good, too. My only complaint with them is that they get stuck in my teeth. I like the texture of the pizza and bbq bites - they don't stick in my teeth - but I don't think they taste as good as the puffs.

I would definitely give the puffs a try. Give dill pickles a try if it's salt you're craving, but don't go overboard - sometimes too many pickles just seems to prolong the salt cravings.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:36 AM   #12  

S/C/G: See sig for ticker and blog

Height: 5' 2"

Hey!

I have a tip for hunger and cravings. So far I've noticed that if I get hungry, I crave something. Now, me getting hungry is a rare thing- it hardly every happens when I'm at school. This is why I need alarms to help me remember to eat. But lately I've been getting a little "gnaw tummy" and it makes me crave things.

What I've learned is pacing myself.

If I have a liquid MF meal (shakes, hot bevs, soft serve etc.) I don't drink water along with it. I eat every 2 hours, that way I'm eating from 8 am - 9pm. In between the two hour breaks, I drink a cup of water. That's 5 cups there. I try to have 1 c. of water with every solid meal (pancakes, eggs, crunch bars, L&G Meal etc.).

I've realized that not only does this help me drink all 8 cups of water in the day (I barely drank 3 before), but it also keeps my hunger away.

Another thing is to pace yourself, try to eat each meal for at least 15 min.
painfullystoic is offline   Reply With Quote