20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Old 10-04-2011, 08:23 PM   #1  
Making myself fat-free.

S/C/G: 260/214.8/120

Height: 5'1"

Default Lovely Leaves Week 10 chat 10/3 - 10/9

Since SMS seems to be still having computer issues. I'll go ahead and make your new thread. Sorry for all the confusion lately!

Hope everyone is doing well (and SMS is back soon!)

Last edited by MeliZ; 10-04-2011 at 08:26 PM.
MeliZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/163/120

Height: 5'2"

Hey Ladies!
Hope everyone is having a better week so far I just started my courses today and so far I'm hopeful that they won't be as stressful as I was anticipating. Thank goodness!

Thanks for the encouraging words, Toasted. It is disheartening to be unemployed but I'm trying to look at it positively and enjoy finally having so much free time! A lot of the tension I carried in my neck and back has disappeared so that's good LOL!

Divine, what's the update on your job?! I hope things worked out and your boss was understanding.

Kurisitaru, glad the thyroid meds are helping! I've got borderline hypothyroidism so they won't medicate me but it makes me feel so lethargic. Or at least I like to blame it on that!

I'm starting to stress about halloween and halloween costumes. I just started dating this really cute guy (after being single for 4 yrs yikes!), and even though we might not even still be dating by then, I suddenly feel more pressure to wear a 'sexy' costume over a cute or funny one. At least it's motivating me to not skip any workouts!

Have any of you thought about Halloween costumes?
ruby5839 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:30 AM   #3  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Ruby - yeah...my boss was cool. She said she was just worried about my job getting me sick, she didn't want to be responsible for it....but when I explained what happened she was cool with it.

Well....I binged yesterday. I went to the dentist knowing I had one cavity, and that they were going to tell me I needed my wisdom teeth out again. They've been telling me for two years, but since they don't hurt I've been ignoring it....but apparently not getting them out has pushed my teeth SO CLOSE together that she couldn't even get in between my teeth to clean them with floss or a pick or anything....and then they did the x-rays.....I have SIXTEEN CAVITIES....including the one I knew I had. Keep in mind, I'm obsessive about brushing 2-3 times a day and using a rinse and I used to floss until it kept breaking because my teeth were too close together....but all of these cavities except the one I knew I had are BETWEEN my teeth because I can't get in there to clean because of my dumb wisdom teeth....so now I need 14 fillings, 2 crowns, POSSIBLY 2 root canals but hopefully not, and then I need my wisdom teeth out....and then I need braces so that it will spread my teeth back out and I can stop getting the cavities in between them. That's like $4000 worth of dental work and then $3000 or something like that for the surgery and then $4500 for braces. That's $11500.....I could buy a CAR for that. I have NO IDEA how I'm going to afford it all. I'm freaking out...

I got so upset because I've never had a cavity in my life and that is just an overwhelming number...and I've never had a filling and I'm a little scared....and I just don't understand how I could brush my teeth all the time (i have a toothbrush and toothpaste in my PURSE so that I can brush after I eat at work) and not drink a bunch of soda and still get all those cavities......and so I binged. I had 20 mcdonalds chicken nuggets, 2 large fries, a large dr. pepper, about 15 pizza rolls, and enough cookie dough to make probably 20 cookies. I haven't gotten on the scale since then....but if it doesn't go down for the weigh in I'll just pull myself out of the competition because I don't want you guys to lose because of me....

The worst part is I still feel like stuffing my face with food. That's how I used to distract myself from my problems....and I'm trying SO HARD not to...but it's not easy.
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:43 PM   #4  
on the way to skinny

I binged again today. I might as well give up. I think I'm doing fine and then something upsets me and reminds me about what's going on...and I freak out and reach for food. I don't see how I'm ever going to be able to control this. I don't have any support system at all....my family is a bunch of food pushers, my boyfriend just wants me to be happy and doesn't see anything wrong with food making me happy, and I don't even really have any friends anymore (I'm just too busy for it)....and I just don't know that I can do this on my own. I'm under so much stress and I don't feel like it's worth it to keep beating myself up over it when I have more important things to worry about (grades, my teeth, my job, etc...)
Old 10-05-2011, 10:49 PM   #5  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

Yes, I have thought about Halloween. I am volunteering this year at a Children's Museum, so I need something appropriate for that and all I want to be is rag doll, or something Gothic Lolita (which is honestly not too appropriate). I hate costumes... if I get something fun and cute, I'll be that fat chick wearing the pathetic costume, but I can't get away with something sexy or even pretty like a princess or cheer leader (maybe a dead one). UGH!

Divine: Don't give up completely. Work out, go for walks and cut back in moderation. Think of it like quitting cigarettes. You get irritable or stressed and you NEED that cigarette so you try patches (snack foods that are good but maybe not perfect) maybe you slip up on occasion. You don't quit cold turkey, but once it's out of your system and you don't turn towards nicotine (in this case food) for comfort, it's like it's over. You've "quit." Once you do that you have more energy and you're healthier. Do it for you.
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:32 AM   #6  
on the way to skinny

I'm not going to weigh in, I'm just going to drop out. All of my binging has gained me 2 pounds, and I'm above the weight that I was at when this competition even started. I don't want to drag you guys down, so I'm just not going to weigh in. I've been doing a little better I guess....I'm still overwhelmed but I think I'm handling it better. If there is another biggest loser challenge soon, I think I would do a lot better....this was just a hard time for me....with my gallbladder coming out, not being able to exercise, finding out about all these problems with my teeth...it was just a lot to handle. I'm back to exercising as of yesterday! I can FINALLY do stuff again. I was getting so sick of paying for a gym membership I couldn't use....lol. I can now though, and I have to tell you it felt so nice to get in that pool and swim laps yesterday. I think with my exercise back on track, my healthy lifestyle will fall back into place...I'm just sorry that it couldn't happen during this competition. =/
Old 10-09-2011, 01:11 PM   #7  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

Don't be sorry Divine. Life happens sometimes. At least your back on track. I know that those things happen to everyone. It's the fact that you started again the moment you could. ^^
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 03:17 PM   #8  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Right, I owe you all a BIG BIG BIG...no HUGE apology. Some crap happened real life and my computer bit the dust for good. A whole whirlwind of things kept me from being here. I WILL do the final results myself but as such I am eliminated from the competitions I used too many freebies. Good luck to all of you and lets hope the lovely leaves can bring this thing home!
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:33 AM   #9  
mya

Height: 5'4"

DivineFidelity: That's an awful lot to deal with, I hope you find the support you need, either here or elsewhere and get back on plan soon.

I wish I could have had a better week, I got back to my workouts but the scale refused to move
mya is offline   Reply With Quote