Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-04-2011, 03:53 PM   #1  
Nut for nuts

S/C/G: 184/184/110

Height: 5'1"

Default Hello All

Just found this site while looking for a simple WW calculator. Didn't find it, but I did find this wonderful forum.

I am 23 years old and have been steadily gaining weight over the years. I don't want to end up like my mother who has battled her weight her entire life.

I want to get to know you all of course, but I think I would like to do it by asking a question.

I think the main problem I have in my eating habits is that I tend to snack a lot. I could use some real advice on how to cut back on snacking. I have tried many strategies, including just not having any snack foods in the house, but I always seem to get hungry between meals.

Let me know what you think and introduce yourselves as well!

Fused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:01 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey there, and

We have a ton of forums you may want to look into, including the 20-Somethings (for those in that age range) and our Weight Watchers forums, if that's the plan you're following.

As for snacking, is there a reason you don't want to snack? I can't stay on track WITHOUT snacking...if I get too hungry between meals, I end up overeating at the next meal and take in more calories than if I'd just had a snack. Snacks become a problem when you're eating unhealthy snack items, or when you're consuming too many calories in snacks compared to what you burn. There is nothing wrong with "snacks" in and of themselves, you just need to a) keep track of them in your daily points/calories/etc totals and b) make healthy snack choices (fruits, veggies, whole grains including crackers and popcorn, maybe a cheese stick...snacks can be tasty and healthy).

If you do really want to cut them out, but you're still hungry in between meals, you may not be eating enough at the actual mealtime to get you through to the next meal. Also, I'd make sure you're well hydrated. Sometimes thirst can feel a lot like hunger.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:59 PM   #3  
~Being Positive~

S/C/G: 238/211/150

Height: 5'4

Hello, I am not a long time member but this is my 2nd time on a weight loss journey.
mandalinn82 gave you some great advice. I also want to add, make sure you are eating more meals, but small meals. I currently eat 5 small meals and have 2 snacks and I am able to stay around my calorie goal of 1200 calories and not be hungry.
Caramel33 is offline   Reply With Quote