Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 02:08 PM   #1  
Optimistic.

S/C/G: Inches: 47"/44.25"/37"

Height: 5'4"

Default Approaching Onederland and Beyond. Come Join Us! We did it; you can too!

I came to post and saw the moderator request to start a new thread.

I hit a new low of 202.2! Only by .2 but still the lowest I've been in yearssssss so I'm pretty excited!

Have a good day everyone!
Old 10-04-2011, 06:33 PM   #2  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

You are so close Shalyn!! You can do it!

--
I'm counting down to onederland and hope to be there by end of December.
Just thought I'd say hi in this thread. I'm doing the Christmas challenge as well. I'm finding it very hard to get out of the two teens. Time to blast through them in the next three months.
Off to the gym now. good luck everyone!
Old 10-04-2011, 06:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 247.7/224.3/155

Height: 5'8"

Congrats Shalyn!

Hi Jojo
Old 10-04-2011, 07:39 PM   #4  

Here is a pic of the jewelry I made for my pirate costume. The photo doesn't do it justice, on the choker I used black swarovski crystals and regular crystals. Nice sparkle to it. Not sure if I will change the style of the choker or add another necklace. Pirates are all about their jewels! LOL I need a couple more bracelets though. I am looking for huge rhinestones for one.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

transforming, I love the jewels. Cute costume I bet.

Shalyn, so close! Keep up the good work.

caramel--from the other thread. welcome

dogdays, thanks!

everyone else. I hope you are doing well!

Well, I got through that rough patch with my project. Ended up with a B, well you win some and you lose some. I am soooo tired, but yet I sit here.

Hmm, I ate low carb yesterday, and my milk supply dwindled. Today, I got into a batch of cookies at my son's get together, and my supply started to pick back up. Please! tell me I can go lower than this without damaging my supply.

btw, bad bad bad jen. I ate a bunch of junk, but started out with good intentions. I know the scale will be unforgiving...nothing to do but get back at it. One victory. I sooo wanted to munch tonight, but I made popcorn instead, and it was filling and satisfied me.

I CAN not find my tape measurer, but I must be getting smaller, the band on my bras for ALL but 2 of them, is getting wayyy to biG to hold the girls up. still it would be nice for some of this tummy to go too!

Last edited by jendiet; 10-05-2011 at 02:00 AM.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:30 AM   #6  
Optimistic.

S/C/G: Inches: 47"/44.25"/37"

Height: 5'4"

Jen- I noticed the same thing in my bra. I have been wearing nursing bras for so long, when I finally put on a real one the other day the smallest set of hooks is loose! It used to feel tight on tight on the biggest setting. Exciting!

Transforming- pretty jewelry!

Hi JoJo!

I did really well with eating yesterday. Like Jen, I think low carb is depleting my milk supply. I think I might have to eat higher in carbs tomorrow and every few days to help that out. Because of appointments, etc, I haven't walked in over a week...blah. but I start again tomorrow.

What ever happened to m3rmaid?

Last edited by shalyn; 10-05-2011 at 04:31 AM.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/115

Height: 5'0"

Thanks for starting thread #3 Shalyn. We're a chatty bunch, ehh?

Shalyn - Congrats on another new low!! Glad to see your body is getting back into the loss groove and you can enjoy the success of your efforts.

Transforming - OMG I love the jewelry you made. You are extremely talented! You'll have to post pictures of pirate night with you & DH all dressed up.

Jen - yay for the NSV! My bras are getting annoyingly too big as well. Makes my back hurt from the lack of support.

JoJo - Welcome!!! Good luck with your journey and stick around to chat with us.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:06 PM   #8  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Shalyn - Excellent on your low!!! I am so happy for you! How wonderful to see movement down!!!

Jen - Sorry to hear of your milk supply. I wish I had advice for you, but it's been such a VERY long time since I nursed, that I don't know if I would even remember what I did, LOL. Glad to hear of your shrinking though!

Jojo - Hello!

Transforming - I am unable to view the pictures here at work and haven't really had time to check in at home... but I am sure they are wonderful...you are so creative!!!

dogdays - Good to see you How are you doing?

Fit in my workout last night... have not taken a rest day this week (usually gave in by now), but think I will save it and see how the scheduling all works the rest of the week Have a great day all!
Old 10-05-2011, 04:00 PM   #9  

Hi ItsMy! Way to go with your workouts this week!! I'm impressed! I hope it translates to another new low for you Saturday morning.

I'm doing well, thanks for asking. The scale finally started moving again this morning so I'm hoping this is the beginning of a whoosh for me. Fingers crossed. I've started stressing a bit about how to handle my vacation at the end of this month. I'll be traveling with my mom and aunt and since they're normal eaters, I don't want to subject them to my low carb IF'ing, but at the same time I'm worried about staying off plan for a whole week. My mom and aunt will obsess over me 'not eating enough' or me being 'picky' if I look to low carb options. A week could really derail me and bring back those carb cravings I kicked to the curb back in June. I have to figure out how to balance it all.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:27 PM   #10  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

dogdays - I sure hope so too!!!! After no loss last Saturday, I am sitting back and fighting at the same time, LOL! I hope your scale moving is a sure sign of a whoosh for you too! You have been sooooo good and deserve to see your just reward! I can hear the worry in your writing of the trip. I don't suppose there is a way to let them know you have been eating a certain way to attain a goal and have them actually understand without feeling the need to advise is there? I know it would be done out of care to tell ya to "eat normal", but sometimes it's also out of not realizing?
Old 10-05-2011, 04:42 PM   #11  

Jen, Thank you. Sorry to hear about your day. Good job with the popcorn snack! GREAT to hear about your bra's. I am sure you are losing, even when the scale tells otherwise. I never breast fed before, so I do not know anything about it. Sorry, low carb treats your body that way. Hopefully, you find a solution.

Shalyn, Thanks! Sorry to hear about the issues with low carb. I never breast fed, don't know too much about it. Have you discussed it with your doctor? What works best when trying to lose weight. I am sure you have. Just not something I ever thought of before. Hope you figure out something that works good for you.

Dogdaysofdiets, Thank you so much! I started making jewelry about 10 years ago. Mainly working with sterling silver, swarovski crystals, and gemstone beads. I haven't made any jewerly in about 2 years, but now that I have lost some weight, buying cute clothes, I need accessories. I will definitely post some pics. I can't wait! I know how you feel, I have been wondering how our trip will go. I plan on staying on track, but you know how things can "happen". The last thing I want is to come back and be knocked out of onederland. I am sure that will keep me on plan! I just hate stressing over it. LOL I hope your mom and aunt respect your wishes, on how you want to eat. My family is very pushy, and will bug you to do/eat stuff. I just wish they would understand, that this is my new lifestyle. Try not to worry about it too much. Just make sure you don't use words saying, you can't eat something, because that makes them want to push it more. From my experience anyways. Just go out and order. Don't bring attention to yourself. That is what I do now. They will ask "what are you eating", and I will not discuss eating healthy, and order a chicken salad, with dressing on the side. Just don't bring up your diet. Hope you have a GREAT time!

Itsmyturn, Thank you! GREAT job with your workouts! That is a great idea, take the off day, when you really need it.

As for me, I hit my low, 202.2!! I didn't think TOM would allow it! I have been bloated etc. Not feeling all that great, but pushing through! I can not wait to see 199.8! I can't believe my time is almost there. Feels like I am dreaming.

I hope everyone is having a great day. I am so happy to be home from work.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:10 PM   #12  
~Being Positive~

S/C/G: 238/211/150

Height: 5'4

Jendiet - Thx

Ladies, I am wanting to lose a good 3-5 lbs this week but starting to wonder if its possible. I am currently going to the gym and getting on the treadmill for 60min, but thinking about dropping it to 30min then do the other 30min on the elliptical. I would love to spend more time on cardio but being a single parent with a kid that need a lot of help/attention when doing school work I can't spare more time. Any ideas on what else I should do?
Old 10-05-2011, 05:29 PM   #13  

Hi Caramel, Jillian Michaels has an awesome dvd workout, called 30 Day Shred. It is only 20 mins, and she kicks butt! It cuts down travel time to/from the gym, and I am sure you will burn just as many calories. Amazon has it for $7.95, or you can find it Walmart/Target for under $10.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:49 PM   #14  

ItsMy & Transforming - thank you for your kind advice. As you both suspected my mom & aunt are super kind people who mean well but...my mom is 1/2 the reason I'm overweight to begin with and doesn't understand or support my IF'ing/low carb lifestyle. It's hard for me because she's overweight herself and gets a bit sensitive. Don't get me wrong - she's been HUGELY supportive of my journey these last few months, but at the same time she just doesn't "get it" if that makes any sense. I think I confuse her at times because I'll still eat a teeny piece of cake on special occasions by working it into my carb/calorie load for the day (that's the part she doesn't see), so she probably thinks I just cheat all the time. Sigh...it's hard. My aunt has always been skinny, so she's never seen a diet in her life. I'm not too concerned about choosing low carb options for myself (I'm good at getting creative with menus when eating out, LOL!), but I don't want them to feel I'm being judgmental about what they're eating because my mom tends to go there sometimes. So those are the gory details surrounding my dilemma - probably more than you wanted to know, LOL. I'll figure it out. I don't WANT to go off plan all week - I'll do a couple days here and there - I've come way too far to slip up.

Caramel - I like the 30 treadmill/30 elliptical idea. Or 60 mins high intensity on the treadmill. I also like the Jillian Michaels idea for you - might give you some better time management options. I know the busy mom thing all too well, so I feel for you there - my DH works nights, so I get home from work and immediately go into full mom taxi mode and struggle to find time for myself. In addition to the exercise - how are you doing with diet? That's the biggest component of weight loss, so a combo of cutting back on calories and working out should be a win for you. I have certainly seen 3-4 pounds in a week at the beginning of my journey. Good luck!!

Last edited by dogdaysofdiets; 10-05-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:54 PM   #15  

LOL - my daughter (8 years in TWO days...not that she's counting down the seconds or anything, LOL!) just peeked over my shoulder and said "mom, you need to find a skinnier cat picture for your avatar now that you've lost almost 50 pounds." She must be priming me for a good birthday present, LOL!

I suppose I better go find a less obese cat for my avatar.
Closed Thread