Old 10-03-2011, 11:52 PM   #1  

Height: 5'10"

Default Phase 4

I will be starting Phase 4 on Friday and I would love to see what others are eating. Could you give me some examples of what you are eating everyday.
hemimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 139/124/125

Height: 5" 4"

Good luck on phase 4....I have been on phase 4 for about 3 months now and find I eat the same things a lot so I, too am looking for ideas. Here is a typical day:
phase 3 breakfast
lunch is a salad with chicken or ground beef and "real" dressing, eithe rranch or ceasar and maybe some sunflower seeds
dinner is protein, veggies and either a roll with spray butter, a small potatoe with FF sour cream or a cup of pasta
Then for "dessert"- some rhubarb with splenda and strawberries
fowegrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/120/122

Height: 5' 5"

I was explaining Phase 4 to someone earlier today, and I had to laugh when I saw this thread, because they couldn't believe what I ate Friday, and it even seems crazy to me after reading all the Phase 1 posts!

For breakfast that day, I had IP Maple Oatmeal, a banana, and coffee with coconut milk creamer (no dairy in the am due to thyroid meds), for lunch I had a deluxe cheeseburger, 2 small fries, and a small chocolate shake, and dinner was Amy's Mac & Cheese, a handful of dry roasted cashews, and half a pint of Ben & Jerry's New York Super Fudge chunk PLUS a glass of pinot noir. And I won't lie...the cheat day is heavenly sometimes. BUT...the next day I had IP Peach Mango drink for breakfast, IP chicken soup with 2 c steamed broccoli for lunch, a chicken breast with baby bella mushrooms sauteed in 2 tsp olive oil and garlic, and a salad with cucumbers and lemon juice for dinner, with an IP chocolate pudding for a snack. Yesterday I had steel cut oats, blueberries, and a hard boiled egg for breakfast, a spinach salad with chicken breast, walnuts, and 1 tbs bleu cheese dressing for lunch, and salmon with brown rice and fresh mango for dinner. I skipped my snack because I was too full. Oh, and today? The scale was still down .5 lbs from where it was on Friday!

But...a word of caution for anyone who's still on Phases 1-3: you have to EARN that cheat day by getting to your goal weight first, and then you have to PAY for that cheat day with a day of Phase 1 type eating the next!! It's not magic...it's science. If you turn everyday into a cheat day, you will end up right back where you started, and that sucks. Do IP right, follow the rules, and it WILL be your last diet. Seriously.
Lilivonshtupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Lil for the post- it's always nice to read what other maintainers are eating... The maintenance thread is where we talk about what we're eating in Phase 4 amongst other challenges so please, oh please I hope both of you will consider posting in there as well! And I always love to hear what everyone is eating, just to help me think outside the box because I will easily get myself into eating ruts and those can get boring Hearing about what others are eating encourages me to try it out...
I try to keep my eating to whole foods for 6 days out of the week (which is pretty simple if you follow strict phase 4 protocol)- I like quinoa as my carb- have had tabbouleh style as well as salad. Love having greek salad (peppers, feta, red onion, cucumber, tomato, celery with oil & vin or fresh italian dressing) for lunch... Phase 3 breakfast- I'm hooked on greek yogurt with Nature's Path pumpkin granola and blueberries... MMMmmm... can hardly wait for breakfast tomorrow...
capricious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:55 PM   #5  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilivonshtupp View Post
But...a word of caution for anyone who's still on Phases 1-3: you have to EARN that cheat day by getting to your goal weight first, and then you have to PAY for that cheat day with a day of Phase 1 type eating the next!! It's not magic...it's science. If you turn everyday into a cheat day, you will end up right back where you started, and that sucks. Do IP right, follow the rules, and it WILL be your last diet. Seriously.
Love your post here. I'm starting Phase 4 either tonight or tomorrow... haven't decided yet. Am now on the hunt for good recipes with good carbs.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote