Old 10-03-2011, 09:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 24W/10-12/10-12

Height: 5', 5"

Default 3 Weird Things I Want To Do....

. . .When I Reach Goal. (This list helps to keep me motivated when I feel like giving up).

1) Run a 5K

2) Wear sexy lingerie with thigh high nylons and high heels (which I would never do now. The silk nightie is about as good as it gets.)

3) Take a flight and volunteer to sit next to the heaviest person on the plane. I know this sounds odd but I know the tortured feeling of praying the seatbelt fits and trying to squeeze all of my "extra" in so it doesn't touch the person next to me (who is likely rolling their eyes because they can't use both armrests). I want to be the one to sit next to a heavy person and not make them feel nervous, abnormal or ashamed. I want to lift the arm rest myself and allow them to have as much room as they need instead of fearing that I might ask the flight attendant to change my seat. I want to be somone else's best flight mate!!! (For some reason this is really important to me).

Anyone else....
free1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:12 PM   #2  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

i also want to run a 5k (though that goal is 'before my 30th birthday' which could be before or after goal weight).

i want to ride a roller coaster again.

i want to have a baby.

(also, i want to take a picture of myself in my wedding dress to show how much i've lost, size-wise)
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:28 PM   #3  
Dependapotomaus, no more!

S/C/G: 259/168/145

Height: 5'4

I want to go skydiving.

I want to have nude photos taken for my husband.

I want to perform in a burlesque show.
Lambiechop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 374/ticker/size 12

Height: 5'8"

1. I want to fly somewhere. I am scared of flying for one reason - being too fat!
2. I want to do sexy photos/wear sexy lingerie!
3. I want to test drive a little sports car.
oneLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 350+/172/150

Height: 5'3"

I want to buy (and wear) expensive jeans

I want to learn to fly a plane

I want to sit cross legged in small spaces

(5k was on my list but I did that! Well, sort of - I had to walk some of it...)
freefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:04 PM   #6  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

sounds like a plan!! but you don't have to delay everything "til you're thin' you can always WALK a 5K now and raise money for charity! yay!

And as a person who flew plenty of times at 323 lbs., don't assume all us fatties felt/feel nervous, abnormal or ashamed of anything!!!!!!!!!!! I know it's natural to project all that WE feel on to others, but it ain't always true!!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:29 PM   #7  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

I want to wear a bikini! I may not leave the house, but I want to put one on, lol.

I want to lay lengthwise on the couch with my BF and not fear that one of us is going to fall off!

I want to wear a sexy Halloween costume!

I don't want my hips to touch the sides of the chair.

Huh...I guess it is the (silly) little things in life that bring us pleasure! Great topic!
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:46 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

I agree with Trazey. Don't put anything off that you want to do. I can't think of a single thing I want to do that I'm willing to wait until I get to goal to do it! And there is very little I didn't do when I was 252 pounds. Everyone has their own idea of what is too big to do "whatever." And some things do have limits because of your size, like riding certain rides at an amusement park. But wear the sexy stockings or take the sexy photos. Sexy comes in many sizes.

Participate in a 5K. Walk if you have to. I don't run - never have, assume I never will. But I walked a 5K last weekend. If you goal is to actually run one, train for that no matter what you weigh.

Taking pictures in "big" clothes is something we all should do as a reminder. Up on the frig with those photos!

This is a fun thread to visit.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:39 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 249.2/on hold/166

Height: 5'5"

I am also in total agreement of not putting stuff off that doesn't actually have a weight limit on it. (Like zip-cords)

Before children my DH and I use to go to a Burlesque show every Valentines day and my favourite dancer wasCooter Nipplestein You did an incredible dance on Pointe! She is a beautiful, talented large women who I am guessing was around 250 or so when I first saw her. Oh and she was dancing in front of a very full crown of people and EVERYONE loved her and the women Who put it together Sasha Van Bon Bon Who is an awesome, amazingly talented, beautiful women who is curvy. Actually she is what I would love my body to look like and I also love her confidence. Every year the show would be more full.

Oh also I ran my first 5km (did ten and ones, ran 10 mins walked 1 min) when I was about 225 lbs or so and I was 9.5 weeks preg. My time was about 42 mins which was a bit slow for me but it was crazy hot, I was emotional (my daughter, who died at birth was the honouree of the race and I was pg so I did end up walking for 2 longer stretches at about the 3.5 km stretch.

Anyway the things I would like to do

1) I want to run the 5km Rebecca Run for SMA in July on 2012 and beat my last time
2)I want to do a mini triathlon
3)I want to go on a zip-line
4)I would love to dance at a burlesque as well

These are not really based on reaching a certain weight (except the zipline but I think I have reached that now) it is more based on confidence which I am working on daily
butterflymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:39 PM   #10  

Cross my arms

Sit in a aeroplane seat and not fret about the seat belt. Domestic plane seats here are soo small...ditto Sit in a garden chair without fretting about breaking it.

DANCE in public without worrying people are sniggering at the fat lady dancing! I know know I shouldn't worry, but I do...
MrsTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:17 PM   #11  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Hmmm... I do almost everything I want to do because I have no shame... oh, and I am AWESOME.

But!

I really really really want to go to trapeze school and there's a weight limit (250lbs) but more importantly, they want you to be able to support your own weight hanging (which I can't yet).
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:25 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Goddess Jessica - i wish I could meet you face to face. You make me smile every time I read one of your posts. And I would love to meet the Little Goddess. I hope you do go to trapeze school and report back here to all of us.

Butterflymama - I plan to do a zip line with my cousin next summer. She did it this year and said it was fantastic.

Mrs Tea - I know what you mean about dancing in public, but I do it anyway. Sometimes the music just gets in you feet and you can't stop it!

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:01 AM   #13  

OOW OOW Me Too!

I'd love a short pixie haricut!
MrsTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:48 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Mine feel so done and cliche,

I want to go to an amusement park, and the only reason I won't be able to go on the rides is i'm too scared (instead of the restraints are too small for me!)

I want to buy CUTE workout clothes (there are just more options when you are smaller... )

I pretty much do whatever else I want to already .
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:18 PM   #15  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess Jessica View Post
Hmmm... I do almost everything I want to do because I have no shame... oh, and I am AWESOME.

But!

I really really really want to go to trapeze school and there's a weight limit (250lbs) but more importantly, they want you to be able to support your own weight hanging (which I can't yet).
I love your attitude...you ROCK!!!!
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote