30-Somethings - Week of Feb 2!!!!

View Full Version : Week of Feb 2!!!!

RoadRunner
02-02-2003, 12:06 PM
Good Morning All!!!!

KarenK
02-02-2003, 03:59 PM
Good Morning All!!

Whew, we've had a busy day today. We were out of the house by 9:30 and just got back now...2:53. We got our crib!! All of my info said that we would have to order it and it would take 6-8 weeks to get. It's on sale at Sears so I went to order it and they had ONE in stock!! So we bought it and put it in the garage until we are ready for it. I want to paint the room and have the carpet cleaned before we put furniture in.

Here's a link to a picture of it:

http://www.sears.com/sr/product/summary/productsummary.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1302874732.104 4215809@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccceadchglkhmmicehgcemgdffmdfko.0&vertical=BABY&fromAuto=YES&bidsite=null&pid=04934880000

Click on the picture and a bigger one comes up. If you click on the view more box and then Delta Collection it shows the whole group. I'm going to get the rest of the stuff from BRU 'cause they have it cheaper on a daily basis. I'm going to wait 'til the room is ready.

Hope everyone is out having a great day!!

lizzard_h
02-03-2003, 09:23 AM
Hi everyone,
Thanks Lauren and Jul for the thoughts. It is a really sad day here at Cape Canaveral. On my way to the gym this morning there were news vans everywhere. Thankfully it was dark and I couldn't see the Astronaut Memorial -- I knew I'd start crying if I did. There is a memorial being held on the Base at eleven that a bunch of us plan on going to. I'm worried about DH and so many of our friends that work on the shuttle program. Right now we don't know if there's going to be a mass layoff or what. Everyone is just waiting to see what NASA finds out. I've lived here for eleven years and I knew someday I would have to deal with another loss on the shuttle program but I never in a million years would have expected something as terrible as this. My heart just aches for the friends and families of those seven astronauts.

LBH
02-03-2003, 10:15 AM
Hi All,

Liz- Hope neither of you get laid off. I'll be thinking about you all at 11:00.

Karen- I love the crib!! I wanted to get a convertible crib like that for Peter, but it didn't make sense right now, because I have a twin bed frame in my mom's basement from my brother when he was little, a real nice Bassett one, and I have DH's double bed frame also in my mom's basement! So we are going to use my brother and SIL's crib. If we have to stay here past the crib stage, then we'll probably get a toddler bed from somewhere, because we don't have room for a whole twin bed!
I really have to get moving on Peter's bedding, before I go back to work!! I think I'll make that a goal for next month...once we're on more of a schedule!

RR- Does it get easier to get on a schedule soon?? Last night at the in-law's, FIL kept telling us it takes 90 days to settle down and to sleep through the night. Now, obviously I know every baby is different, and he may sleep through sooner or later, but I feel like I can't even have a normal conversation with anyone!! In person is semi-normal, but I feel like I'm in a daze! On the phone is horrible, I really have to concentrate on listening, otherwise I zone out!! :blush:

Last night was pretty good. Think he must've been pooped from the visit at the IL's. DH sent me to bed at 9:30, (actually it was 8:30, but by the time I pumped, and got organized enough to go to bed (bottles, etc.), it was 9:30), and he came to bed with Peter at 11:30. He had just given him a bottle, so Peter didn't wake up again until 3 something. He had 2 oz. then, and at 7:00 this AM he had 4 oz.!! I've never seen him snarf that much down at once!! He had 1 oz., burped, and drank the rest! :eek: My little piggy!! He's been sleeping since about 8:00 now.

We went to Buy Buy Baby and got the Gerber bags, another small Avent bottle, nursing pads (Gerber, which are crap!), and some Avent breast shields that I want to try, so I can nurse him. Oh, and a couple Avent pacifiers that glow in the dark. Didn't know they glowed in the dark 'til we got him and I opened them, but I think he seems to like the "straight" shape better than the Nuk type, ya' know the slanted kind? I LOVE the Gerber bags already!! I used them last night and this AM, and it practically cut my time in half!! Much less agravation. I have to make a trip to Wal-Mart though, because at BBB, they were the same price, 6.99, as the Medela ones, and only have 5 more per box!! :eek:

Have a great day all!!

RoadRunner
02-03-2003, 10:19 AM
Liz--Sending thoughts and prayers your way to make it through the days ahead at work..I have watched it all weekend on tv and really feel for the families and friends of those 7 astronauts..We all should stop and pray for the familes..Keep us posted....

Karen--Nice bed!!! Did u get the natural wood color??? That is what I wanted but DH insisted on the dark but I am happy with it!! She has never even slept in her crib yet except for naps!!!

Lauren--Hope Petey is better! I put Kaylee down in her bed at 11pm last night and had to wake her up at 3 am to eat or I was too miserable to sleep!!! What a shame, that the baby sleeps but the breasts can wake mom up!!!!I took some great "laugh" pics yesterday..I will get dh to download for me to post!!!Stick with the same paciffier nipples as the bottle..Dont confuse him and possibly stop him from taking the breast again!!!

Have a great day!! Off to get Sesame Streetlive tickets for #2's birthday in March.They are comming on her bd and I thought it would be the easiest gift since she doesnt understand birthdays and such!!!
RR

KarenK
02-03-2003, 02:53 PM
Hi all,

Back from the three hour torture test. Honestly, don't those places realize that pg women need a comfy chair when they have to sit there for three hours. Oh, my aching butt!! I'm supposed to go back to the doctor next Wed. Hope they call when the test comes back. NJ doctors are on strike so I'm not sure how things are going to work. I thought that since I was off today I would work on finding a pediatrician. No dice. The offices are closed.

Liz: I'll keep you and the families in my thoughts and prayers. Hope things are as well as they can be right now.

Lauren: I'll have to make a note, Gerber bags and a Medela Pump In Style. I'll never keep all of this straight!! Hope things go well with nursing.

RR: I got the natural color. I really prefer natural to stained. The nursery is SO bare right now. I haven't heard from my friend about when she might be able to come and help. DH is away this weekend so it would have been a great time. Oh well, we'll see. Cool on Kaylee sleeping so well. I don't expect Alex to spend much time in the crib in the beginning. I'll probably mostly use the bassinet.

The dryer is buzzing so I gotta go. Have a great evening!!

LBH
02-03-2003, 04:13 PM
Hi All,

I stepped on the scale after my shower earlier and guess what?! I'm 3.5 lbs. over my pre-PG weight!! :D I'm very excited!! :cp I was afraid I'd have all this PG weight, plus all the existing weight to tackle!!

Karen- I know it stinks that the Drs. are striking this week. I couldn't get Peter his two week check-up because of it!! Thankfully they saw him early anyway. They are in the office seeing emergencies though. Keep in mind that a lot of Drs. won't, or can't take the time to have you interview them. The practice we chose doesn't. In the end, since we couldn't get a recommendation from anyone near by that we know, we just chose to pick someone on my insurance and just go to them. We figured any doctor is capable enough to check out our newborn to make sure he's OK. It's how well we get along with them that will decide if we stay, ya' know? (I'm basing this on a normal, healthy child, of course.) We can always switch later if we don't like them. We have 5 Drs. in this practice, and they came recommended by my MIL, who's a 4th grade teacher and knows them because she's taught a few of their kids. Also the cafe lady at DH's work brings her kids there. Anyway, we've met 3 of them, and dealt with one for the jaundice, and so far we like them. The head Dr. is really a nice, funny guy. Even commented on Petey's little Giants onesie!! :D My point is, don't stress yourself too much about it.

What a great day today is, can't believe I've had this much computer time!! He woke up at around 10, and I breast fed him with the new Avent nip shield, and it was OK, but he still seemed hungry, so I warmed a bottle. He drank 2.5 oz. of that and went to sleep. Woke up around noon and was awake for a bit, tried to BF on the other side, but he wasn't having it. Gave him a bottle, he drank about 2 oz., then went back down. He's sleeping in his bouncy seat now, but is starting to stir. I'll try BF'ing him again, thinking I may have to pump the side he doesn't like and let him BF the other side. Want to get back to BFing because I think it'll be easier for night time. I can't be bothered getting up to warm a bottle!! I do like the control of knowing how much he's eating though. :(

I really need to lay down and take a nap now. Wish he would wake up soon. Think I'll have to wake him up to feed him so I can nap! That sounds soo horrible!! But I know if I put my head down, he'll be up! Such is my life now...

KarenK
02-03-2003, 08:44 PM
Hi again,

Lauren: I wasn't planning on interviewing them, just wanted to talk to someone about what I needed to do. They were all patched through to their answering services. Hope you got your nap in.

I talked to a doula today and I am pretty sure that I am going to get one for delivery. That way I won't have the need to be "in charge" during delivery. I can feel like I'm being taken care of :). Not that DH wouldn't do it, I'd just have to tell him every little thing to do.

Good night!!

LBH
02-04-2003, 09:32 AM
Hi All,

Karen- I had thought about getting a doula, but I think DH would've been insulted. I'm glad I didn't, because he was really wonderful, a solid rock for me. I just wish I had actually completed and brought my birth plan with me. I procrastinated too long! If I had any doubts about my DH being able to make decisions, or handle the whole process, I definitely would've suggested one though! Hope you find someone good!!

I felt bad, yesterday was a fairly easy day, Peter slept pretty much all day inbetween feedings and short awake periods. Not too much fussiness, but I didn't get a darn thing done...besides 2 loads of laundry. I was a total bum. DH said don't worry about it, I'm tired, but I know that sympathy is gonna grow old quick! :lol: Last night was a good night, DH brought him to bed at midnight, after walking him for 45 min. because he was cranky. Gave him a bottle and changed him, he slept 'til 3:30, had a bottle and a wet diaper, then slept from about 4:15 to 6:30, got anohter bottle and a poopy/wet diaper. Now he's hanging out in his swing, think he may have fallen asleep.

His fussy time is definitely late evening. :( He's just miserable. I think he has gas then too, because he's just totally inconsolable, and I end up near tears because I can't quiet him. DH has been great, but I can see it wearing on him too, he gets short and cranky at night when he brings him to bed. Thank God we get a few hrs. usually before he wakes up again, so DH isn't totally suffering.

I've decided I like Huggies diapers better than Pampers. The Huggies definitely run smaller, but that's not an issue right now. I like the tabs on them better, they're wider and easier to grasp. I just finished the first pack of Pampers newborn, and dug into th Huggies newborn. I have been using them in the diaper bag, so he's been switching back and forth, but now it's just the Huggies. Next I have a package each, I think, of Size 1 Pampers and Huggies. My mom said one of the girls in her office bought me a package of newborn diapers as a present and when she saw the pic of Petey, she said Oh my goodness, I better take these back and get bigger ones!! :lol: My mom said, don't worry about it, he's not as big as he looks in person!! :lol: He's got such a tiny hiney!!

Well, I have learned my lesson and will be napping when he is sleeping today, not trying to get him to nap later this afternoon when I'm tired!! :rolleyes:

Have a great day all!!

Ellie120
02-04-2003, 11:49 AM
Hey guys.....thought I would pop in and say hi :D It has been a long time since I posted here, I do miss the support. I still keep in touch with some of you still here and some who no longer post. My name is Ellen and I used to post in 1999/2000 timeframe. I lost over 20 pounds then and am right back to square one. I recently got remarried to a wonderful man and feel like my life is finally on the right track :) I am doing low-carb now...is that ok here?

Congrats to all the new Mom's and Mom's to be!!

Ellen
171/167/125

RoadRunner
02-04-2003, 12:18 PM
Welcome Ellen!!!I remember U!!!!Some of us oldies are still here..Any diet is good....I am on the breast feeding eat whenever diet and my excercise is walking, lifting a 10lb weight to make it quit crying, swinging arms and the stroller~~~:strong: :strong: Congrats on the wedding!!!
I am soo happy for u!!!

Lauren--Isnt it great!!! I told U not to weigh until now!!!Congrats!!Glad PEtey is better...Kaylee is soo restless and irritable from 8-11pm..Yesterday, she was irritable and running a low grade temp..I finally cried, hubby was walking her, she still screamed soo I laid next to her in the bed and held her tight and she felll asleep..They 2 hrs later, and every 2 hrs after that she woke up, ate and went back to sleep....Motherhood is soo hard!!!

Karen--Listen to Laurens birth advice..I didnt have a plan, didnt think of any plan,..just wanted baby her and forgot all that stuff..Pluss..i am a chicken!!!!Any news from your test?Keep us posted!!!

Have a good day all!!!Gotta go...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Vicki

Legal Eagle
02-04-2003, 12:51 PM
Hello all! :D

Well I'm here. I've been sick with the crud for the past week & a half. Finally took Friday afternoon & yesterday off & spent the last 3 days just being a slug and getting almost nothing done, but I think I'm finally getting over it all.

Unfortunately, for me, being sick means not watching my eating and not exercising, so I'm way behind on my goals. I've been going up & down the past couple of weeks in weight, but I'm getting back on track today! We just started session again last week so I've got to get myself into a routine and back to good habits before it gets crazy around here so it will be easier for me to NOT come up with excuses to eat horribly and skip exercise!

Has anyone ever done the Leslie Sansone tapes? I bought a set of the "Walking Away the Pounds for Abs" at Sam's last week. It's got the 1 Mile, 2 Mile & 3 Mile tapes and a belt thing that goes around your waist with the rubber arm tension pulls on it (hope that makes SOME sense!). I haven't tried it yet because I've been so sick, but I plan on trying it tomorrow night (I've got tap class for exercise tonight). Just wondering if anyone else had any experience with it.

Lauren - congrats on the weight! I'm glad Petey made it through the jaundice scare!

Liz - My thoughts & prayers are with you and everyone else involved in this tragedy.

Ellen - welcome back! I'm another one that was here a lot in 1999/2000 and I'm just starting to get back on track. I lost over 80# but I've let 20-25# come back over the past couple of years & I'm back to trying to get it gone for GOOD!

Hello to everyone else! Glad to hear the babies, pregnancies, and law school applications are going well! :lol:

LE
150.8/146.2/125

Rabbit
02-04-2003, 03:24 PM
hi all.

Just a quick post. I'm glad to be back home. I stayed op while I was gone and journaled everything. This morning I weighed exactly the same as when I left, so I'm proud of myself for handling this trip well. :)

Liz - You have been on my mind since I heard of the tragedy. My prayers are with you all.

More later.

Rabbit
op since 1/20/03

LBH
02-04-2003, 06:04 PM
hi all,

typing one-handed...

ellen!!- welcome back!! im only a couple lbs. below where i started in feb '99, so we're all in this together!

le- glad you're feeling better.:)

ok this isn't working...see 'ya!

KarenK
02-04-2003, 09:28 PM
Hi all,

Just got back from dinner at MIL's. Since I was sick a couple weeks ago she has been making dinner for us a lot. Sure is better than me coming home and cooking!!

LE: Glad you are feeling better. It really sucks to be sick.

Ellen: Welcome back.

Lauren: One handed typing doesn't work huh? :D I have made definite plans with the doula. We are meeting on the 2nd of March for a consultation and she is going to do our childbirth class. I will be over 30 weeks then :eek: .

RR: My only birth plan is to get through it without killing DH!!

Gonna go watch Kate & Leopold. Have a great evening!!

RoadRunner
02-05-2003, 10:17 AM
Ok Lauren...one handed typing and singing "Welcome, welcome to the big blue house!!!!"I read where a mom can burn up tgo 700 cal/day dancing, jumping, etc. not bad huh?

LE--Hope U R feeling better!!! Take care of yourself!!

Karen--30 weeks...scarey wonderful thought huh?

Well..off to nap...Kaylee was needy and clingy until 11pm and i am pooped after walking until then and singing....I think it is the growth spurt happening...
RR

LBH
02-05-2003, 11:36 AM
Hi All,

RR- :lol: I'm not surprised!! I guess that's how I've lost all the weight soo far...except I probably lost some of it just being stressed out!!

Karen- :lol: Sounds like a good birth plan!! Seriously though, I don't know what method the doula is planning on doing, but think about things like
Do you wanna tear instead of get an episiotomy?
Do you want to have an epidural, or would you rather try some pain killers first?
Do you want them to let you bond with him for 20 minutes or so before they wisk him away to weigh, measure, etc.?
Do you want them to delay the eye meds until after that bonding period?

The doula will probably go over these things with you, just thought I'd throw them out there. You can find sample birth plans online, and make your own, if you haven't seen them yet. Birthplan.org or .com is one.

Rabbit- Good for you, staying OP!! :D

Have a great day all!

Rabbit
02-05-2003, 04:54 PM
hi. Checking in quickly, again. Tomorrow night is weigh in, don't know if I'll have a loss or not again since I had such a big one last week, but I've been good so we'll see.

Welcome back Ellen!

OK, I must have missed something, what is a doula??

Rabbit
op since 1/20/03

KarenK
02-05-2003, 09:39 PM
Hi all,

We went to the new Cheesecake Factory by our house tonight for dinner. The food wasn't too bad and the cheesecake was awesome!! We shared a piece and I only ate 1/2 of my dinner so I don't think I did too bad. I also only had veggies for lunch. :)

Rabbit: A doula is a person who assists you with labor. She's not medical, she's just there to take care of you. She knows different techniques to help and she's an advocate. Hope you have a loss tomorrow!!

Lauren: OK, I do have one other step in my birthplan.....clean him up first!! Let them get their stuff done and then I can adore him uninterrupted. :D

I'm exhausted so I'm going to take a bath and go to bed!! Hope you have a good night!!

BigPhatBooty
02-06-2003, 04:30 AM
Hi all - hope all the new mummies and expecting mummies are doing well and the little babbies of course. Oh and everyone one else. Not been around much, this new job is taking over my life right now, but just wanted to pop by and say Hi! Hopefully things will settle down soon. :dizzy:

RoadRunner
02-06-2003, 09:47 AM
Nice to see U BPB!!! Check in often!!!!!!

Well...Kaylee is sleeping 3-4hrs a night but zero during the day except for 20 minute naps...I guess the oposite would be worse..
Well...I am sick with the flu sooo back to bed..Praying she doesnt come down with anything..The Pedi said continue breast feeding cuz she will get the antibodies that U R making to get well and hopefully prevent her from getting it...
Have a good day!!!
RR

LBH
02-06-2003, 10:52 AM
Hi All,

Rabbit- Good luck at WI tonight!

Karen- :lol: I felt the same way, I didn't want to kiss and hold a slimy baby!! But they are rubbing him with the towel as they are putting him on your stomach. Peter wasn't too slimy, or covered with vernix, because he was a week late, I guess.

BPB- Good to see you, hope the new job is going well!

RR- Sorry to hear you're not able to rest much during the day. :( I didn't get a nap yesterday, Petey was awake and cranky most of the day. He's sleeping peacefully now, but has been spitting up a lot this AM....after his bath, of course! :rolleyes: We are going to DH's work for lunch, to show him off, and make copies of my checks from the state, because I have to fax them to my company to get supplemental STD.

When are you going back to work?? What are you doing for daycare?

OK, gotta get some things accomplished before he wakes up! Have a great day all!

PS- I forgot to mention, for the past 2 nights, he's been sleeping all night in his bassinett!! He's good, as long as he's asleep when he goes in and is swaddled, and then has two blankets on him. :D

Rabbit
02-06-2003, 01:30 PM
hello. I seem to be retaining water this a.m., maybe from pretzels I ate last night. Hope that stops by weigh in time!

Snow here! I keep thinking that is done.

I'm planning a trip to Washington next weekend to visit law schools with ds. :D

Karen - they do have great cheesecake! I really liked the raspberry one. ~ cool about the doula.

BPB - hope you like the new job.

RR - glad she is sleeping better at night.

Lauren - happy to hear Petey is sleeping away in that bassinet!

Rabbit
op since 1/20/03 :)

Ellie120
02-06-2003, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome back! This has been a very crazy week. It is also gearing toward my TOM, very PMSy. I was Depo Provera for two years and am back on a very low dose BCPs. That Depo really messed my body up. The shot sould have wore off at the end of December and my body doesn't know which way is up. I am crampy and bloated and not even due to start until next week. I think I am going to skip the scale this week, don't want the disappointment:) I am still happy with the 3 inches I lost when I measured on Tuesday so I think I will just leave it at that. My biggest challenge to actually eating. After the first week of Induction (lowering carbs to 20) your body starts to naturally suppress the appetite but on this diet you must eat at least 1700 calories to lose. Tuesday I had a good appetite, ate more than I normally due and had snacks which I haven't having since the first week. Yesterday and today I have had to force myself eat. Never thought I would say that :D

LE - Good to see your back too!

LBH - I used huggies way back when for DD---can you believe she is 12 now...very scary :eek:

Have a great day!!

KarenK
02-06-2003, 08:46 PM
Hello!!

Alex has been taking hula lessons, I'm convinced of it!! He has been moving so hard that it has taken my breath a few times between last night and today!! It's so freaky!! I love it though, as long as he is moving I know he's OK. :D I weighed again last night and at 7 months I have only gained 5 pounds!! Yippee!!

Snackwell's has a new SF shortbread cookie that is actually GOOD. Course, you gotta like shortbread, but I think they are awesome.

Lauren: Yeah on Petey in the bassinet. Poor little tyke was just cold!! I'm hoping that Alex is good in his!! How is the BF going? OK, here's a stupid question. I have not talked to our HR department because JACHO (accredidation organization) is coming and they are nutso. State checks? For maternity leave? Really? Supplemental STD? From your job? Really? Whoa. Do you collect anything close to your normal salary? I've already warned DH that we are only going to be getting about 66%. I could stand to be pleasantly surprised!!

RR: I'm sorry you are sick. Drink lots of fluids and stay as warm as you can. I totally feel for you. Hope Kaylee doesn't get it.

Rabbit: Good luck!! Hope weigh in goes well.

Ellie: Yeah on doing so well on the program!! Keep it up!! You can do it. The first week sounds the hardest.

Have a great night!!

LBH
02-06-2003, 09:12 PM
Hi All,

Karen- Congrats on only gaining 5 lbs.!! JACHO...that's the Joint Commision, right? I remember from when I worked at the hospital. That's like the FDA coming to audit my company...everyone's on their toes and stressed out!!
NJ pays 66% of your salary for 4 wks. before due date and 6 wks. after delivery (8wks. for C/S). Say your doctor puts you out 4 wks. before and you're late, say 5 wks...they still pay you. My company offers supplemental STD pay, to bring it to 80%. I had to elect this option when we renewed our health plan this year, it costs to have it, but the benefit far out-weighs the cost. Unfortunately they would not approve me for supplemental STD for the time before delivery, because it's not good enough for them that I was PG, I had to have complications. I guess they expected me to work until I was in labor!! :mad:
But for the state, it's good enough that you're PG, no need for complications! :D
OH, and they're pretty quick! I called the state yesterday to find out the status of my claim...tapping my fingers because the rent is due, along with a bunch of other stuff, and we have NO money. They received my claim on 1/29/03 and issued 3 checks on 2/4/03...I got 2 yesterday and 1 today!! They tell you it takes up to 14 days to process, so I was shocked. Now I have to have the midwife office fill out this P30 form to continue benefits, now that I've delivered (got that form yesterday also!) So I dropped that off and will p/u tomorrow and send it in. Hopefully there won't be too much of a lapse in time between checks.
The state pays every 2 wks. and does not take taxes out.

Ellen- Hope you get your cycle straightened out soon! I've never heard anything good from anyone that's been on Depo!

Rabbit- Hope you drank the bloating away and the scale cooperated!!

Ellie120
02-07-2003, 01:45 PM
Hi all,

What a day, I am having been waiting for the doctor to call me back about DD for the past two hours. She has some kind of infection in her breast, not a common thing for a 12 year old. I started her on antibodics last night. I don't feel as bloated as I did yesterday but my appetite is still zero. Being worried about DD isn't helping that either.

RR - Hope you are feeling better :)

LBH - Glad you got your checks :)

Rabbit - The one good thing I have managed to accomplish is drinking my water. It does help with the bloating. I hope the scale goes your way.

Karen - My daughter was very active in the womb too, sometimes felt like "Alien" :) I kept waiting for her to just pop out!

Ellen :)

RoadRunner
02-07-2003, 03:00 PM
Karen--Just a warning...Kaylee was always supper active and now my little "Clingon-Velcro baby" never wants to be still!!! IF she is in the carrier, it is moving, the cradle vibrating, the car-screams at redlights and stop signs!!!She loves constant motion!!!U R doing great with the weight gain..Now dont be alarmed if U get a few pounds in the end...It will be gone quickly!!!I also got 12 weeks paid leave and then $2000/month more for STD...They paid me 8 weeks worth for having a C-section...Hope U R surprised with some extra cash!!!!

Ellie--Keep us posted about DD..Hope all is better!! Very rare for being soo young also..

WEll..gotta run...Not feeling too great and the tylenol is kicking in!!!! Off to nap...Too scared to take the sinus meds sooo having trouble with the nose!!
Lauren--Do U know of a list on the website or from memory or a book of approved meds while BF'ing?????Let me know please!!!
RR

Ellie120
02-07-2003, 05:01 PM
RR- http://www.askdrsears.com/html/2/T028500.asp#T028508 this is a chart from meds while BF'ing, hope you feel better.

Spoke to the doctor, actually said this was a common thing in puberty. he said she probably didn't need the antibodics (I will keep her on them anyway) and that she will probably get it in the other breast within the next month. I still think it is an infection but he did ease my mind a little. He said that if it gets any worse over the weekend to call on Monday. He also said to check her bras and make sure they fit properly. I can't keep up her, I think she is either a 36C or 38B. Maybe she needs a bigger size:o .

Wow....we just had a sonic boom:eek:...kinda scary given the world situation.

We had a potlock today and I stayed OP! I made low carb Chili and cornbread. It was a big hit and the only ones who knew it was LC were the ladies with are doing it with me.

Ellen

TechAlum
02-07-2003, 05:31 PM
Hello All,

Did well at WW last week, but then came down with the flu or something so laid around like a slug for a couple of days. K came back on Friday night. He complained it was rainy and 40 in Louisanna (sp?), I told him it could have been worse, it was single digits and snowy here. Did really well at WW on Tues, but then started TOM yesterday so was feeling real ichy. If it's not one thing its another.

LE and RR - hope you're feeling better quick.

Ellen - I stopped the Depo about a year ago (I loved it but for the side effect of lack of desire not good for a newlywed) it took my body about 3-4 months to get back on track, but I wasn't taking bc pills. Good luck!

Liz - Thinking about you and everyone down there. So sad :(.

Rabbit - Hope your WI went well yesterday.

Talk to you all later.

- Tech :?:

LBH
02-07-2003, 05:43 PM
RR- I was just reading earlier today on Babycenter.com. They have a list of meds, herbs, all sorts of stuff! Just go to the BF'ing area.

KarenK
02-07-2003, 07:06 PM
Hi all,

My cold is back and I feel like total poop today. Ugh. Little one is still doing didos but not as strong, hope he doesn't feel yucky too. I got my hair cut today and it looks really nice. I wish I had the patience to do it myself. Course, it would never look like this!!

Work was really rough today. I had a patient sit on my leg while we were trying to stand her and now my back really hurts. I hope she didn't mess me up. I think I will have to talk to my boss about trading her for someone else on Monday. I hate to make the others take all the hard patients but I can't get hurt either. :(

Lauren: Thanks for the info!! Yeah, JACHO is the accredidation people. They were here back in the summer and we had a couple Type 1 faults which are the ABSOLUTE worse. The hospital found out the DAY before they were coming that one of the doctors had not renewed his liscence. NOT a good thing. They decided to be upfront and not try to hide it. This is a fault that could have closed the hospital down. Since they were honest about it, JACHO didn't close us down and gave us time to get rid of the doctor and make all the paperwork right. They also found a fault in HR, so they are coming back to check on them on the 18th. The girls in there are going nuts. That's why I haven't gone down to talk to them. (Sorry for the book!!)

RR: I had seen a link for a website about meds and BF on storknet but now I can't find it :(. Hope you can take something to feel better. I'm just waiting until I can take my allergy stuff again!! Wow on your leave package. My hosp is very stingy so I know they aren't going to go out of their way to offer us anything special.

Ellen: Hope your daughter is feeling better soon. Cool on the chili. Glad it was a hit.

Tech: Glad you are feeling better from the flu and sorry you are feeling yucky from TOM.

OK, off to try and do something about dinner. Have a great evening.

RoadRunner
02-07-2003, 09:09 PM
Ellie and Lauren--thanks for the info!!!

Not to bore anyone but I have new pics!!!!
http://pages.ivillage.com/baby2love2002/

Have a good evening!!!
Vicki

LBH
02-07-2003, 10:12 PM
Baby pics are never boring!! :D They're great!! I have some new ones, but I have to get them posted.

Rabbit
02-08-2003, 10:36 AM
hi all. Guess I forgot to post yesterday.

I lost .5 at weigh in and I'll take it since all day on my scales I was up. That puts me at 8.75 since Jan. 6 or 7th. I'm happy.

Ellie - congrats on your inches lost! ~ Hope dd is better. ~ Yeah on staying op at the potluck!

Tech - hooray for a good weigh in.

gotta run, dh and I are off to exercise! (I actually skipped yesterday, very rare for me).

Rabbit