Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-01-2011, 05:15 PM   #1  
emaline29

S/C/G: 226/202/154

Height: 4'11"

Exclamation Depressing Plateau

I have been at a stage where my weight just will not shift. I manage to lose a couple of pounds only to find that the next week it has gone back on!
It is soo depressing especially as being disabled I am unable to exercise and the few exercises that I have been given by the physiotherapist to help my back pain have to be done slowly.
I have booked to go on my first ever cruise on December 27th and was hoping that I would be able to get to a size where I would look a lot nicer .... thin?..No! ... great looking? .. No! .. Just a bit more comfortable with myself and at least being able to look smart.. It's just so depressing to say the least!....
emaline29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 24W/10-12/10-12

Height: 5', 5"

I don't have any answers but just wanted to cheer you on. I'm routing for you and pray things go better. Congrats on the 33 pounds!!!

Last edited by free1; 10-01-2011 at 05:21 PM.
free1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:48 PM   #3  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

Ah the platue. My enemy for the past month. T.T
I was losing weight like no ones business then a small gain a zero loss, a small loss, a small gain then a big gain, then a small loss... etc.....

I mean really? I have to switch some things up and I did discover I have a thyroid issue which I just recently got medicated for (man the energy I suddenly have!) I know the platue sucks, but I keep telling myself that I can't stay here forever. Maybe I need something different, maybe to stick to it longer, maybe to see a doctor? (which I wound up doing).

Just tell yourself you'll be healthy for this trip. I wanted to be at goal for Halloween and I'm no where close. I tell myself this is THE LAST HALLOWEEN WHERE I WILL BE OVER WEIGHT! And I mean to keep that promise to myself no matter what.

Keep going for it, it does suck when we platue (I know ... ugh it sucks) but we really have to hope that we pass that bump. Maybe switch it up, stick with it, or even check your thyroid if it persists. I was glad to learn about mine... apparently that causes a lot more problems then weight problems and so far I have been doing much better in so many other levels.

I also know that it may not be medical, which if it isn't just keep at it. Maybe seated punches, maybe healthier foods and cutting out other sugars (if you haven't all ready) like sodas and sugary coffee. Maybe watching your calories on fitday and nutrition.

Wish you the best of luck, I really really do. I know platues are frustrating and I hope we both get over our bump and never hit one again.
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote