Old 10-03-2011, 04:46 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

Tami - Congrats on quitting smoking! What an awesome thing to accomplish!

I would like to lose 6-8 pounds this month. I've noticed that stress is a MAJOR factor for losing weight for me... so I guess I also want to control my stress-levels a bit...

Camaswa - I'm also the same way. I have to see my weight in black and white for it to register with me. I try to weigh in every so often because I noticed that, if I do it every day, I do get obsessed and stress out about any changes (which leads to more weight due to the stress).

annaedwet - I got nauseated a few times in the beginning. One day, it got so bad that I tried a sip of Sprite Zero, which seemed to help... I noticed that when I eat something I hadn't eaten in a while (in this case, it was eggs when I had been having Melba and cheese for breakfast), it tends to make me a little ill.

Hope everyone does great!
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:28 PM   #17  

Tami .... congratulations on your 2-year smoke free anniversary!

I like the idea "just lose"!! awesome!!
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:54 PM   #18  

My goal for this month is 10 lbs gone and to exercise at least 3 times a week! Good Luck to all!
mememiss40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:50 PM   #19  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenB72 View Post
Weighed in at lunch and I maintained at 156. I just told my counselor that I feel bad because I don't want them thinking I leave and go load up on chocolate and ice cream and play dumb when I get to my next weigh in. He was so funny. Let's just definitely say they can see through the...ahem...crap and know who's cheating and who's not. He reassured me that it would be difficult to maintain and cheat at the same time. Not impossible, but difficult. However, and this is why food journals are a good thing, my diet needs some tweaking (after all this time, I guess I just wasn't thinking about some choices) and we'll see what happens. And, tonight is my walking night. Hopefully, Wednesday will show a decrease if I do what he says.

annaedwet -I totally feel for you! I tried starting back up again last year after having my first baby (who turns two on 10/15). Unfortunately, I was going through some pretty bad Post Partem Depression and was on "happy pills." It just didn't work. I started again February 23 of this year and not only did I get ALL the pregnancy weight off, I'm now 14 pounds under that. Woohoo! You can do it too! How old is your little one?

Patzi - That's pretty much how I do it too. Weigh in when I wake up before putting anything in my system. I wish I could do the fish and eggs thing, but I'm not a fan of eggs and I have a fish phobia. I know...I'm a weirdo. LOL
Of course i'm going to weigh in each and every am :-) after peeing and right when i wake up! :-) and before i have to weigh in at the center, i'll even check on the scale what clothes weigh less. yes, you can pee a lb away - you can even pee 2 lbs away!!
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:14 PM   #20  
Started July 1, 2011

S/C/G: 187/157.5/145

Height: 5'6"

My main October goal is to get back on track. Most of the month of September was spent pretty far away from the program. I haven't even been to the center in over two weeks. I restarted today. I would like to lose no less than seven pounds this month.
ginpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:24 PM   #21  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginpea View Post
My main October goal is to get back on track. Most of the month of September was spent pretty far away from the program. I haven't even been to the center in over two weeks. I restarted today. I would like to lose no less than seven pounds this month.
my goal is 8 lbs for October. 8 is my lucky number...yesterday was my 18th year anniversary w/ my DH. i like 8s....they are curvey and phat in all the right places :-) i am eating Egg custard that i made last night and it is sooooo yummy! the first thing i've made from the cookbook. i added a little maple extract and it tasted just like flan..... took vanilla creme protein powder, water and eggs. mixed in blender and put in cooking dish. cooked for 35 min. at 350 (2 Vanilla creme HNS powders or 2 servings vanilla protein powder, 6 eggs, 12 oz water) i doubled the order. supposed to be 2 servings but really it's like 4! counts on metaslim as one protein and one creamy HNS....
Old 10-04-2011, 12:27 AM   #22  
Started Precon 6/29/11

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/145

I lost a couple pounds at Fridays WI, but as I expected, the weekend at my parents' did not go well. I ate off for three days, but I ate small portions, and only gained 4 lbs. as opposed to my usual 6-10 lbs. for a weekend of off plan eating, so I'm quite happy with that. I should lose at least two of it by tomorrow morning (today was my first day back).

My goal for the month is 11 lbs. again, even though I only lost half that last month. Looking back, I was off plan quite a few times in September, so I'm hoping to make October a good clean month with the exception of one potluck meal mid-month. I doubt I'll make my goal, but that doesn't bother me too much.

annedwat-- could you have had the stomach flu? It's going around all over the country right now. That said, I have a friend who had to slowly work up to drinking all the HNS because it made her nauseous (she never actually threw up, though).

Jen-- I also weigh every morning. It keeps me focused, and I especially need to weigh after I've cheated to help me face the music. I didn't do that last time, but I really think it's helpful for me. They say any more than once a day is getting "obsessive," but I've on occasion done the same thing you did if I had to go to the bathroom again or something. Also-- I pee about two pounds every morning, lol! I guess I must be obsessed-- I've weighed before and after a few times just out of curiosity. Anyway, good luck this week. Have you thought about adding exercise in now? It's always tough to start, but once I do and it becomes my routine, I find I start to enjoy it. It also makes a big difference in how your body looks, even at relatively the same weight. It also helps keep my eating in check (which you don't seem to have too much trouble with) because I don't like to have "wasted" my exercise efforts by eating junk. It might just be the jumpstart you need now that you're getting so close to your goal.
tkdtara84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:12 AM   #23  

Height: 5' 5"

rrag0517 - I think you have an awesome attitude! I wish you much success.

camaswa - Thank you for your sweet words. It is definitely a fine line, but given that I rationalized away 20 pounds over the holidays last year, I don't want to make that mistake again.

rachels77 - I know exactly what you mean about stress. Do you have a game plan to deal with it?

mememiss40 - Just take everything a day at a time and I know you'll do great!

bigdog - Thank you for making me laugh. I love your analogy about the 8's.

ginpea - I'm sorry September was such a rough month for you. I hope that even if you don't have time to go to the center that you still come to the boards. The support here is invaluable!

tkdtara84 - Yes, I added exercise last week and have been walking every other day. It was 9:30 last night, but hubby and I got the tv moved to the gym and I walked a mile while watching "Dancing with the Stars." BTW, now you've got me wanting to see if I can pee 2 pounds! LOL

I had a good weigh in on my home scales this morning. Yesterday's home weigh in was 156.8. Today was 155.6! I'm down to the 155's!!!!! I can't believe I'm 15 pounds from goal. This is just wild. After talking with my counselor yesterday, I went back to step 1 of the plateau sheet I made up. While I didn't think I was cheating, it's amazing how such little deviations in the plan can truly trip up your weight loss. I was totally, completely, 100% OP yesterday, threw in a little exercise, and there you go. The scales played nice! :

Last edited by JenB72; 10-04-2011 at 10:13 AM.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:10 PM   #24  

I had maintenance weigh in this morning and stayed the same, 5 1/2 pounds under goal... I added an additional home made oatmeal cookie, so that is a good thing. Carbs are a big trigger to me, so anytime I have a carb, I also have some protein with it..

Wishing everyone a great weigh in week..

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:59 PM   #25  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
I had maintenance weigh in this morning and stayed the same, 5 1/2 pounds under goal... I added an additional home made oatmeal cookie, so that is a good thing. Carbs are a big trigger to me, so anytime I have a carb, I also have some protein with it..

Wishing everyone a great weigh in week..

Patzi
Congrats, Patzi! That's awesome! I love the thought of having an oatmeal cookie and still maintaining. Yum!!!! LOL
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:01 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Ok now I really have to see how much my pee weighs!

I have weighed at home every other day for the last 6 and been down exactly .4 each time. Weird, huh? It's not fast enough for my liking, but I will admit it is great motivation to have each weigh in be lower than the last. That's keeping me going. I guess that's the idea with the twice a week check ins but I live too far from the center to do that. So weighing in moderation!
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:57 PM   #27  
April 29, 2011

S/C/G: 158/111.0/120

Height: 5'0"

Patzi: Is that cookie recipe in the book or is it yours? I'd love to have it because cookies are something I love! Way to maintain and still have a "treat!"

Congrats to all the losers this week! It's great to see how well the program works!

WI today for me, I was down 2 pounds and got to sign the 40 lb board! Still working on that "wiggle room" for when I get to maintenance!
Goneforgood1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:01 PM   #28  
Motivated Member

Cool Yummy new foods!

tried some wonderful new foods this week. First of all and you guys will laugh, i did scrambled eggs in a mug today. just spray PAM in a coffee cup and crack your egg or eggs in there. if you want a egg over hard, don't scramble. put a paper plate on and microwave for 20 sec, then 10 sec. (microw. are different so don't let them blow up) easy and very fast. was slammed at work today so had a hazelnut Protidiet bar for lunch
my DH made me grilled tuna 4 oz w/ 1/4 cup northern beans, sauteed garlic, onions and yellow squash 4 oz for dinner.
it was soooooo good and OP. yesterday, i made the Egg Custard from the MRC cook book and it's incredible. eggs, vanilla creme protein powder, water, baked. i added some maple extract so it tastes like flan. i think vanilla extract would be good too. or even lime or lemon?
i had a chicken stir fry the other night..used the spicy Mrs. Dash on the chicken breast and sauteed using chicken bouillon with shredded red cabbage and zucchini. it was really good too. sounds like weird combos but i liked it and kicked up the veggies. i was getting a bit tired of salads...
my order came in from Diet Direct today so felt like it was Christmas!! . i know i got my water in because there were three empty glasses on my desk! haha! and 2 empty bottles. i keep bottles of water everywhere so i remember to get it in.
Flush that fat away is what i say! i really do plan on staying on this plan forever so was excited to try new recipes.
please add on to this thread what recipes you have tried and what works for you. We can do this and all be losers :-)
Old 10-04-2011, 11:25 PM   #29  

I haven't started MRC yet. I have a free session in two weeks.
Do you all have any tips/ advice/ words of wisdom before I start?
twobabiesinnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:46 AM   #30  
Started March 26, 2011

S/C/G: 328/228/199

Height: 5'9"

Hey Everyone...

I tried to post yesterday but kept getting an error. I've been so exhausted from moving and then the soreness set in so the past couple of days have just been real bad.

I only lost 1.5lbs last week and thought I would have big drop yesterday at WI but I could barely keep my eyes open and finally broke down and went to the chiropractor. So I only lost 0.5 - but at least it was a loss! I was sure it would have been a gain because of the way I was feeling.

I still have a ton of unpacking to do and still getting things out of my apartment to move to the house. You never really know how much stuff you have, until you have to move it!

Not sure when I will have time to catch up on all the threads but just wanted to pop in and say hello!

Hope everyone is having a great week.
Rzrbackcandi is offline   Reply With Quote