Diabetes Support - *** October *** Chat

View Full Version : *** October *** Chat

Ruthxxx
10-01-2011, 06:53 AM
Good morning and welcome to October. Mother Nature must have been paying attention to the calendar last night because the temperature sure dropped. Cold air coming in the window woke me at 4!

It'll be oatmeal, yogurt and dried peaches for breakfast this morning, my winter standby. I have some spicy chickpea soup planned for lunch which, with an apple, will hold me until I get to Ottawa and deal with Shirleyanne and her food. I love her dearly but she just doesn't understand that I can't eat the way she does.

Raising my coffee mug to a new month and to the weekend.:carrot:

Butterfly50
10-01-2011, 10:20 AM
Good october morning the temp sure did fall last night it is kinda chilly out got my windows opens to enjoy the fresh air. All is well here I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend.

Riemontana
10-01-2011, 02:12 PM
Hello October!

fbs at 81 this morning. I slept for over 8 hours and I felt so rested! I set new records on my walkitout game: 15,000 steps and over 4 miles. It was really fun.

Montana, is being contrary and we had record (90) degree temps yesterday and forcasted for today. We are supposed to start digging sugar beets tomorrow night and it is supposed to be wet and cold early in the week. As usual, my dad the farmer is upset with the weather....

Bonnie, I hope you have a great weekend. Glad that your dd is feeling better.

Ruth, good luck with the food pushers! Have a safe trip.

See you all later.

Rie

Riemontana
10-02-2011, 10:10 AM
It is quiet in here this weekend! Everyone must be busy.

fbs at 89 this morning. I didn't rest well. Last night I made roasted cauliflower for supper and everyone just ate it up. Cut up, toss with a little olive oil bake on cookie sheet until brown. Yummmo
Rie

pattygirl63
10-02-2011, 03:21 PM
Hello Everyone,

First day of October was rather busy for me and promises to be all month. Started with usual trip to the beauty shop then went 2 doors down and got a wonderful pedicure followed with walking around a grocery store and Wal-mart. Ended walking in stores for about 1 and 1/2 hours. It was a beautiful day and so cool that I totally enjoyed being out. Also enjoyed just being alone doing my own thing. In fact I enjoyed it so much that I've pretty much decided that Saturday morning is going to be "me time" to just do what I want to do especially since I'm going to be pretty much homebound taking care of a baby all day 5 days a week. I don't mind doing it, but I will need some me time. I've decided there will be no "quiet time" for at least a year and a half. :dizzy: So will take it where I can.

FBS was 115 this morning so hopefully I've got things back down for me. I just have to work at keeping it down. And I had restaurant buffalo wings for lunch.:?: Weight is up .5 lbs but I consider that very good since I've come off of low carb onto more of a lowfat/lowcalorie diet. So I'm really happy with the way the week has gone.

Bonnie - We had our windows open yesterday too. It was really nice. Glad your DD is feeling better.

Ruthie - Thanks for starting our October thread. Hope things go well with your food pushing friend. I don't think they mean to be difficult they just don't understand. Throughout the years, I found that the very person who was trying to get me to diet were the same ones who would say to me, "Oh just have a bite. One bite isn't going to hurt you". Anyway, I hope it goes well for you today and you can enjoy being with your friend.

Rie - I don't know if I would like roasted cauliflower, but may try it to find out. Last time I baked some chicken I put sliced zucchini in with it to cook and it was really good.

Fatmad, CC, Slmn and everyone else :wave:

Have a good Sunday evening.

Ruthxxx
10-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Back from my trip to the Big City and ate my way around most situations. My god daughter, Andrea, was there and gave her moth heck for pushing food so I hope I survived unscathed. The scale may not be pretty tomorrow morning since there was a lot of salt around in things like cheeses, turkey dressing and salted nuts tossed into salads. Water will be the word for tomorrow.

Patty, "me" time is extremely important in situations like the one you are in so insist on it! Everyone will be better for it in the long run.

There is another overbooked week ahead but I am planning to be the one holding the reins so it doesn't get away from me.

I have quilting biddies tomorrow but will get out of there before lunch and gossip and come home for my planned lunch. There's pet therapy, a garden group meeting, haircut, provincial election, folks dropping off things and a marathon baking project for the Church AND Mill bake sales. It will feel soooo good to get on that plane for New Brunswick on Sunday and go to my cooking course.

Sleep well tonight, girlfriends.

pattygirl63
10-03-2011, 09:25 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

I think this is a first for me or at least for a long time... for me to post 1st. We started our new routine this morning. DD starts nursing school today and everyone is gone except DH who is sleeping and the baby and I are up. I've done my 1 mile WATP just as I had planned. Did it as soon as the teens left to catch the school bus. Baby is playing in his little make ship play area in the hallway. Now I'll go make breakfast and we will go out to the closed in back porch and he will play while I read. This is my wash day and I've got a load washed and ready to dry. Actually feels good to have a plan and a routine.

Keep learning about more things that are going on with the kids and their problems. At least it tells DH and me what we are facing so we can plan what we can and cannot do. Makes things so much easier when people are honest with you. I hate being manipulated although I'm not sure it was manipulation as much as being ashamed of how things are for them. If we can help them better themselves and get back on their feet which is what this nursing school is all about then we will have to do it. Just pray we can do it.

Hope everyon has a great Monday.

Riemontana
10-03-2011, 11:50 AM
Good Morning all!

It is crisp and bright morning today in Montana although it is forcast to get hot again today. I have been hearing the sugar beet trucks rumbling down the road since dawn. fbs at 84 this morning.

Last night I went to my little cousin's birthday. We went bowling and then to Old Chicago pizza. I ate spinach and artichoke appetizer with veggies, not bread, and a greeen salad. I guess I could have had the pizza but really, I didn't want pizza. Weird, I realized I haven't eaten pizza in a year. I dont think that it is depriving myself - really - for that many carbs, I'd rather have cheesecake!

Trish, it was nice to sign on here and see your posts! It sounds like you are getting a routine established. Good for you.

Ruth, good job :carrot: Keep firm control on those reins this week. A little water weight gain is nothing when you managed to control bs.

Bonnie, Fatmad, Carol, and all others.... talk to you later. Have a GREAT WEEK

Rie

Lindyloo
10-03-2011, 01:21 PM
Good Morning!!

Still packing and moving and dealing with things. Hopefully I will have more time to post this month.

Will it ever end.

Have a great day.:)

Butterfly50
10-03-2011, 01:53 PM
Hey how is everyone this morning? For me I had a rough Sunday. I went Grocery shopping and was so mad that I spent 300$ on nothing everything is going up again and it makes me so mad that People aren't gonna be able to afford to buy food if this keeps up. Then my Hubby made the decision we were gonna go to his Aunts house and a two Hour outing took us 8 hrs. I didnt take nothing with me so I had to eat what they decided to make for dinner( Chicken potatoes and gravy with fries and Biscuits. I ate some fries and a spoon of potatoes and gravy and a piece of chicken. I didn't want to be rude . But back home now and I am back on my schedule and Now back to working out and doing for me.

But got talked into going to her house in the Am and gonna help my daughter watch her Cousin and Help my Husband aunt Do some Cleaning. Well sorry for the venting but I am gonna go do my workout. Be back later....

Ruthxxx
10-03-2011, 01:53 PM
Very late check-in this morning. Had a great sleep last night despite my 2 a.m. potty break. BGL was OK at 4.3 and wight was up just a tad to 180. Water and conscious eating will fix that.

I'm just back from my quilting group where I took along my lunch. However, I made my excuses and came home for lunch and the afternoon as there was an undercurrent of nastiness at the meeting about two members who have quit. I decided I didn't need to hear about it all and left. Now they can gossip about me! Who needs it - we are there to make quilts for cancer patients not for that nonsense. The dogs and I plan a peaceful afternoon with a fire and some sewing.

(It may be time for a purge of toxic people.)

JingerBird
10-04-2011, 05:20 AM
Sorry everyone, I have had a busy few days. It's going to be like this up until after Christmas now.
Still not smoking, day 16 and things are going ok. I've put on 1.5 lbs but I could eat the entire contents of the fridge right now. Nothing seems to satisfy my cravings. Chocolate seems to be the food of choice right now. i have bought some 80% coccoa solids, less sugar and its supposed to be good for you in some amounts.
The only thing that's not tipping the sales further is the exercise. I'm doing about an hour everyday. Hopefully, I will get back to being level headed again once this smoking habit has been resolved. Just have to keep getting my butt on that cross trainer every night after work.
Hope everyone is well and is enjoying the week. X

Ruthxxx
10-04-2011, 07:48 AM
Jinger, congratulations for still sticking to it! 1.5 is a mere piffle compared to what friends of mine have gained. Hang in there - you will be so much healthier!

I'm still hanging in but still need to improve my meals with more veggies. **Sight ** I'll make some tomato/veggie soup this morning plus some cream of cauliflower to freeze. I "cream" it by adding Laughing Cow Cheese. This cooler weather is making me think soup meals!

pattygirl63
10-04-2011, 08:57 AM
Good Morning, awake at 4ish this morning and up by 5:30 am. Don't know why. Had planned to get up at 6 sinch DD and GD was leaving before 7. But I was wide awake and was no reason not to get up. May be getting settled into this new routine. Kids are out of school Friday so hope to get my 3 days of exercise done before then. I had planned to do MWF... will try to do MTW this week and if all goes well may do Thursday as well. Just have to see how my legs handle it. Hip joint usually hurts until I get used to doing WATP, however, it didn't hurt so bad yesterday and seemed to get better as I exercised. So the joints took it very well.

Jinger - I guess I missed about you giving up smoking. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Good for you doing such a good things for your body. As for a 1.5 gain, my doctor never worries about 1 or 2 lbs because he says "it can be anything maybe you didn't pee or something". His actual words.:o I think you should be commended for doing so many changes at one time.

Ruthie - I love this time of weather for eating soup too. And I love to take V-8 juice for flavor and add a variety of veggies for a quick homemade veggie soup.

Bonnie - Don't mind your venting at all. Lord knows y'all have put up with mine. Nice to have a place to do that.

Lindyloo - Glad you could check in. I don't mine moving to new places what I hate is the actually packing and moving itself. Hope if I ever have to move again I could have someone do all that for me. Hopefully, I won't have to do that though. There really will be an end to it and you will be so glad when you get settled in your new place. It just feels like this part is going to last forever.

Rie - You did so good at the celebration. I find it interesting what things I don't eat any more. Counting Calories I can do it, but sometimes I just don't want it. Other times someone will ask me "don't you want some of this" (SIL asks me that a lot when they are eating something he know I like) and I hear myself responding with "Yes, I usually would want that but don't want to spend my calories on it". Maybe I'm finally getting it together.

I think what is helping me stay OP is that my FBS is really good right now. Still not as low as I'd like but it is down. Was 113 this morning. I get up thinking I want to eat a certain food and then I check my FBS. I then decide that I don't want to mess up a good thing so I stick to plan.

Fatmad, CC, and everyone else HI!

Y'all have a great day!!!

Riemontana
10-04-2011, 04:46 PM
Hello All!

fbs at 84 this morning. I had an early meeting so I didn't get a workout in today.

Trish, that's exactly how I see it: "spending" my calories/carbs. I am glad that things are starting to come together for you.

Ruth, I have a hard time being satisfied with soup as meals. However, as fresh cucumbers become more expensive and out of season, I am thinking of making fresh veggie soup in a tomato-stock base to have at the beginning of meals. We always keep a stock pot bag in the freezer of meat trimmings and another with veggie trimmings so we can make our own stock. Bears considering....

Jinger. Go Girl! You are doing wonderful. I think the excercise is a wonderful way to deal with the after-effects of smoking. Good for you.

Bonnie, yup, those groceries are so expensive! Sometimes I think the only saving grace to this lifestyle is that cooking from scratch is often cheaper. But, spagetti and potatoes are good stretchers too, that are now out of my diet. :(

Lyndy, isn't it crazy how long it takes to move and organize? Hang in there!

I will check in later.

Rie

JingerBird
10-04-2011, 07:06 PM
Thanx everyone for the support. I know 1.5 lbs isn't a lot but I feel like a bit of a failure. It upsets me that I can't control my sugars and my weight. I know the only way to get good control is to lose weight. So weight gain feels completely wrong. I think I might be a control freak lol

Pattygirl I often wake up early. I usually get up and do something practical like ironing. It gives me a sense of achievement and it's 1 less job to do later. I am usually in bed by 10 pm though, probably why I wake up early.

Ruth cream of cauliflower sounds great and soup is always good on the run up to Halloween. I make Chicken and Chorizo with Cannalenni beans and curly kale. It's fab and really fills you up. My family love it.

Bonnie. Groceries are becoming really expensive. We have seen an increase of about 20% over the last 4 months or so. Salaries don't seem to be matching the increases. Utility bills have just increase by 12 - 15 % as well. If things don't improve soon I think my family is going to start struggling. Good job we have stopped smoking after all.

Lindyloo I love moving house. It's a great excuse to get rid of all the stuff you don't use anymore. It can be quite stressful though but nice when it's all over

I

fatmad
10-04-2011, 10:51 PM
Hi everyone, Happy October. Have been reading to catch up.
Sugars are ok, and am staying on food plan. Resisted temptation pretty well lately, and weight is steady.
Jinger, I haven't lost weight in over a year. I am glad to be steady and not gaining, but really, I feel like I have been so good over time that I should be losing. I am trying induction again for a bit, even with Thanksgiving (CDN) next weekend, to try to get below 170 before my 50th. So don't feel bad about weight fluctuations, they happen, and just work on staying on plan.

I also did something for myself that is a little flaky. If you have ever heard of "bodytalk", it is a healing therapy where the practioner redirects negative energies through the meridians, (like the accupuncture meridians). I am not sure I believe in the therapy itself, but do have faith in the healing powers of the woman who practices this therapy. We had a long session today. I wanted to do some healing from some traumas at work. We caregivers suffer when things don't go well for people, even when no one is at fault. So I was working at that and at any possibility I am undermining my own weight loss efforts. I am hoping that I will feel some changes in the next couple of weeks.
:hug: to all.

Ruthxxx
10-05-2011, 08:01 AM
Mad, not flaky at all. There is so much we don;'t know about our own bodies. My friend Shirleyanne claims that I transfer positive energy to her when I visit.

FBGL and weight are hanging in - steady is better than up but I sure was hoping to drop a pound or two before the weekend. My New Brunswick Culinary Experience is going to be tricky unless I work in lots of walking.

Today's challenge is a noon Thanksgiving Dinner at the clinic with the Pet Therapy clients. It'll be tricky because everything is plated in the kitchen. I think I'll handle it by saving some of my food for the dogs and break my "No food when you are working" rule. Dogs deserve a Thanksgiving dinner and they'll be at the kennel on the real T-Day.

Happy Hump Day!

pattygirl63
10-05-2011, 08:54 AM
A quick flyby this morning. Busy morning and a hungry baby who is ready for breakfast. I've got him eating 3 meals a day and on a routine. He obviously likes eating breakfast with Nannie.

BP is the same as yesterday so guess the stress is slowing down. FBS a little high but I know that is because of what I ate to take my evening Metformin. Am learning what I can and can't eat to take that pill. Had a good nights sleep. Got to go to beauty shop and ge perm then get DGD and go to store. Got to get some different dog food as the cheap stuff seems to make the dog sick or he is eating something he shouldn't when the kids walk him. DH thinks I bought too big a bag of dog food and it ruined and made him sick. I never tried to save money with cheap dog food when I had dogs and shouldn't have done it with the kids dog. But they didn't have the money to buy food and I short on cash so thus a lesson well learned.

Ruthie - Hope all goes well with the dinner today. I understand about the weight thing. Why oh why is it so hard at this age?

Have a great day everybody!!!

Butterfly50
10-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Hey Ladies Thanks for letting me vent My day Yesturday sucked for food. Had a wonderful time with the baby. Bring me back to why I don't want anymore. Workout done today if I have time later thinking of popping a Jillian Michaels in or may be a biggest looser and try one of them.

To everyone who commeted on the Grocries It is terrible that it is comming to this we plant a garden every year and the last two years it has sucked and died out for some reason dont know if it is getting to hot or what. I jest hope I can keep up my eating and diet and dont crash. 2 months period seems like this happends everytime and then I can't afford it but I have to keep it going. I am feeling so much better and I dont want to go back to where I was.

Well I got some house work to do so will check in later.

Riemontana
10-05-2011, 01:06 PM
Good Morning all,

fbs at 76 this morning which meant that I ate a little banana before my workout then had breakfast. I got an hour of walkitout done.

I went out for a walk last night because I had an early morning meeting and needed a workout yesterday. Two people stopped to see if I needed a ride~ Again, I guess I just don't look like I am working out :D

I am noticing that groceries cost more these days. However, for me, I still spend less than I did before. All those fast food and takeout stuff that I used to eat were expensive. And of course, all the times that I stopped at convenience stores for pop and snacks. I hope that everyone finds a way to manage these costs.

Bonnie, hang in there. You are doing so good! I am glad that you can use this place as a forum for venting when you need to! Thats what we are here for.

Fatmad, I think that therapy sounds wonderful. There is so much that we don't know about our bodies and about the universe. I understand about the caregiver trauma. We in the mental health field share it. It has been really hard to accept that we can do everything that we can and the outcome is still not what we want.:hug:

Ruth, tell us more about your therapy dogs? I think I missed that info.

Trish, do you take your metformin in the evening? I have heard of that before. I take mine with breakfast and supper. That way I don't have to worry about the food thing. Just wondering... And, as far as the dog food, it rarely goes bad. Is there a farm/ranch store in your area? They usually sell dog food at good prices.

Jinger, I understand how you feel but 1.5 pounds is a blip. I put on that much in a day if I eat stir fry for supper. :o Quitting smoking will have such powerful and long term positive effects on your health that it will be worth it. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and you will start to enjoy the journey.

Gotta go. Busy day today and I have pool league tonight. Have a great wednesday!

Rie

Ruthxxx
10-06-2011, 08:04 AM
Well, the salt in the dinner yesterday put me up 1½ pounds. I sure hope drinking extra water today will flush it away. I sure don't want my new pants to be too tight as I've ditched the bigger ones! BGL 4.3 though.

Rie, here's (www.tpoc.ca) the info on our therapy dog programme. The dogs really enjoy it and so do I. It's the one volunteer job I do that will be the last to go when I need to cut back.

Heading into a hectic weekend once I get through today and tomorrow. By Sunday night I will be relaxing on the shores of the beautiful Bay of Fundy. I'm holding that thought. Here's the info. (http://www.roadscholar.org//programs/programdetail.asp?rowid=1-3KPKMG)

pattygirl63
10-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Another quick flyby to keep me on track. My third day of WATP Power Mile done so made my goal for the week. Lots to do before DD gets home and DH and I leave so no time for indies... will try to check back in later when things settle. Weight seems to be bouncing between 2 or 3 lbs, but not gaining so that is a good thing. FBS still not where I want it but in the doc says is good just taking Metformin. I hope the fact that things are settling down and that I'm getting into exercise and more active will cause it to come down. Still plan to talk to him about adding a diabetic medicine. Rie I take 1,000 mg Metformin at breakfast and another around 8 or 9ish with a little something. It seems to work better for me. I just have to be careful what I eat at that time and how much. Tried taking the second one with the dinner but it didn't work to help bring the bs readings down.

Also thanks for the info on the dog situation. I did buy a better quality of dog food with vitamins antioxcin (sp) etc. hoping that will help him (I think "you get what you pay for" sometimes is true). If he keeps having problems I heard DSIL saythey will have to take him to find a vet to see what is going on.

Better get busy. Y'all have a great day!!!

Riemontana
10-06-2011, 10:58 AM
Good Morning All!

I woke with lots of back pain this morning so it is an ibutab and gentle stretching morning rather than my workout. Perhaps I will be able to go for a walk when I get off work later today. If not, I will count this as a rest day for the week: My goal is to workout 5 out of 7 days. I have a blood draw on Friday and then have a weigh in and dr appointment in a week. Am hoping for a loss because I have been in a little stall for the last couple months.

I am anticipating a busy day at work today. I am currently working on repairs and replacing some things in my building. That is always a cumbersome process in public service.

Trish, it is really nice to hear from you every day and it sounds like you are continuing to get into a good routine.

Ruth, the therapy dog program looks really good. We have similar programs here. I had an advanced obedience border collie that I tried to get certified but she couldn't pass because she couldn't pass the part about allowing other dogs near me. Very protective! It is a lovely program, though.

Quiet in here this morning so I will check in again later! Have a great and healthy day!

Rie

Wannabehealthy
10-06-2011, 11:44 AM
I have been watching my carbs more closely at my evening meal and my FBS is now running in the 120's and 130's instead of the 140's and 150's. It's far from good, but it's improving and I intend to keep it going in the right direction. I am trying to get back to my exercising which will help, and smaller evening meals will help, too.

Butterfly50
10-06-2011, 03:54 PM
This has been a bumm week here I checked and my weight is up 3 pounds . Been making some bad choices and I have to change them back to all my good habbits so I am working on that now I have not worked out today I have been busy trying to get my house work all caught up I have my daughter wanting to have her 17th Birthday party on the 16 so not much time.

Will get back here later when I can think...

Wannabehealthy
10-06-2011, 10:48 PM
This has been a bumm week here I checked and my weight is up 3 pounds . Been making some bad choices and I have to change them back to all my good habbits so I am working on that now I have not worked out today I have been busy trying to get my house work all caught up I have my daughter wanting to have her 17th Birthday party on the 16 so not much time.

Will get back here later when I can think...

Bonnie, this is just a blip that happens to everyone at times...don't worry about it. Just keep on doing what you were doing and it will level out. You have done very well so far.

Butterfly50
10-07-2011, 03:13 PM
Last night we had to take my daughters to Dollar General. I happened to look in the book aisle and seen The Biggest Looser Books. I had my hubby buy them for me . They were a steel to me 5$ a book I have spent up to 20 a book. So I have spent most of the day reading everyone stories and looking threw Reciepes and I am getting my motivation back. Seems Like that I am not the only one who goes threw a period that you feel like a faliure. Reading them books sure has made me realize that it isn't jest me alot of people go threw this but you jest have to get back up and continue and get back on track. If these people can do it so can I . I don't want to give up what I have acomplished I Love having Energy and fitting into clothes I thought I would never get back into.

So today I have been right on plan I ate a grilled Chicken with lots of veggies ( Broccoli, cauliflower,carrots) I am feeling better about my self:carrot:. Tomorrow I will be working out and I will be totally 100% on plan. Alothough my hubby has decided we need a date night so we will be going out to dinner. But I fully intend to have something healthy. ( I already informed him it has to be a place I can get something healthy)..

I hope everyone is doing ok and isn't havinng a week like mine But I will be back tomorrow and let everyone how it has gone... Until then....

Riemontana
10-07-2011, 05:05 PM
Hello Everyone!

This morning I went in for a fasting blood draw in preparation for my appointment next week. FBS at 72. I came home and started my WalkitOut game. I really got into it today and I set a new record: 2+ hours straight and 20,500 steps. :carrot: that darn game is sometimes addicting.

Bonnie, I was so glad to read your post today. Good for you - it is all about getting back on track and continuing. You will make it, I know it. Enjoy the date. One of the most satisfying things is to realize that you can still celebrate and enjoy while making healthy choices.

Carol, hows it going? Good job on controlling carbs. Your bs will continue to drop and come back under control in time. Remember that the excercise only has to be a little bit and be consistent. In fact, I just read an article that said that moderate walking is more effective at burning calories without increasing appetite than rigourous excercise.

Trish, It is really fun to check in here and to hear how things are improving for you.

Fatmad and Ruth, is this a holiday weekend for you? Columbus day here on Monday.

Well, time for me to get back to work here. I will check in later today.

Rie

Ruthxxx
10-08-2011, 08:12 AM
Quickie. Big day in the Village today but I am getting geared up for my holiday starting tomorrow. BGL has been pretty stable at 4.something each morning. Weight is still 181 though. :( My cooking holiday is not going to help that but I'll try to stay on plan as much as possible. Walking parts of the Fundy Trail should help if my legs cooperate.

Hang in there, chickies.

TamTam
10-08-2011, 09:16 AM
Morning all. I need to try and post on a more regular basis!

Had a 1.9 pound loss this week AND my FBS has been under 120 all week, so it's getting better.

Have a blessed day.

Butterfly50
10-08-2011, 10:09 AM
Good morning Everyone Well I got on the scale and I am only up now 1 1/2 pounds But that is gonna change I am going to go and do my workout first thing this morning having to go to a family thing this afternoon then date night. Going to take me a snack to this family thing. My Hubby Aunt and Uncle is doing well so their daughter is comming down from colorado and moving them with her until the end. So they have invited everyone in the family to come vist. I will be taking me a snack .

Last night I was starving and I didn't want to cheat so I made me a fiber muffin in the microwave . Cured that craving from going anywhere. I have to go to the doctor here in a two weeks so I going to do my best and see what happens. Well I better be going I have lots to do before I have to head out the door till later..

Wannabehealthy
10-08-2011, 12:52 PM
I tend to forget about cauliflower soup. One time I used a packet I found in the produce aisle and you added your own cauliflower. I really liked it, but DH isn't much of a soup lover so I don't make it very often.

pattygirl63
10-08-2011, 01:15 PM
Bonnie - Good for you for the way you handled your craving. I'm sorry to say I wasn't so good myself. I really blew it yesterday with the salty foods and weight was way up and so was the FBS. Only good thing is I am back OP this morning very strictly.

Not sure what is planned for today. I haven't heard if the kids are having company today or tonight. Started out cold this morning when I left to go to beauty shop, but really nice by the time I got back home. I went to 2 stores just to get some walking done.

CC - Congrats on the weight loss and for keeping the FBS down.

Slmn, Fatmad, Ruthie, Rie and everyone else:wave:

Y'all have a blessed weekend.

Lindyloo
10-08-2011, 03:22 PM
Quick check in.

FBS was 6.5 this morning. I had my metformin with yogurt last night instead of crackers and maybe that made the difference. I'll try that again tonight.

I'm going to read the 17 day diet and maybe try that out. It was on Dr. Oz a fw weeks ago and it sounded interesting. So will see.

Have a great day all.

Riemontana
10-08-2011, 06:20 PM
Hello All!

Well I woke this morning very early with swollen glands and feeling yucky. fbs was 81. I was happy with this because I splurged on popcorn at the movie last night. I watched the sun come up. I had my usual breakfast and actually did an hour of walkitout.

I had salad and some veggie soup that I made yesterday for lunch and now I am enjoying my mocha freeze drink. In case anyone is interested, here is the recipe:

3/4 c unsweetened almond milk
1/4 c carb control vanilla yogurt
1 tbs unsweetened cocoa
1 tbs + instant coffee
Splenda to taste
Optional: 1 tbs choc flavor PB2

Add ice cubes and blend. Not a lot of calories and very few carbs. I have also used the sf syrup instead of the PB2. Hazelnut and almond are good.

Lindy, I have yogurt as my evening snack. I like the dannon light and fit. What kind do you like?

Trish, good job with getting back on plan today. Lots of water, darlin...

Carol, I have been getting a little weary about salads lately and I know that I am going to miss my cucumbers. Yesterday I made some lovely veggie soup with all low carb veggies. I plan to have a cup of soup with every meal instead of salad this week. DS and DGS don't like it either but I thought it would be a good change. I used some lean meat scraps and fresh tomatoes for the broth. I just took the meat out before storing. Very cheap and it is really tasty. I used celery, onions, zucchini, eggplant and some leftover swiss chard for the veggies.

Bonnie, go girl! So proud of you. This is about the long haul....

Ruth, I am happy that your bs is stable these days. Hang in there with your busy schedule!

I will check back later. Sorry if I missed anyone!

Rie

Butterfly50
10-08-2011, 10:07 PM
Hey I took me a apple with me to the going away party My Hubby aunt kidnapped the two girls from me for the night to help her baby sit her 7 month old Grand daughter. Good news for me.

Date night went well I had a Grilled Chicken Breast with the ( Musrooms and Parmesan cheese on the side) then Grilled Zuchnni and Steamed Broccoli. I ate all my Broccoli and Zuchnni and maybe 3/4 of the chicken it was a small piece So I think I did well. Going to Hubby Uncle in the afternoon tomorrow and I told them we could not leave until I worked out. They said no problem.

Rie I love the reciepe But what is PB2

Riemontana
10-08-2011, 10:34 PM
good job Bonnie!

PB2 is a kind of powdered peanut butter that I use sometimes in drinks and recipes. Here is a link:

bellplantation.com

There is a regular and chocolate variety. 45 cals and 6 carbs for lots of peanut butter taste

Riemontana
10-09-2011, 11:54 AM
Good Morning!

fbs at 80 this morning.

Today is watch football day and I am going to give myself a mani and pedi..... I hope everyone has a good day.

Rie

Butterfly50
10-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Today went well I took me food to his uncles house and then we came home and I cooked dinner. All is well I worked out right after breakfast this morning so got that in. All is good for me.

Butterfly50
10-10-2011, 11:49 AM
What a beautiful morning here. It is Raining this morning and it is pretty cool here. Got plenty to do to get ready for this Birthday party for my daughter . She will be 17 . Looking for some ideas for some simple foods for the Holidays . Any one got any suggestions? I think I am gonna start a thread for it. The holidays are right around the corner and I want to be prepared for it.

Things are good here, My Fbs was only 91 this morning . I have been trying to limit what I have in the evening time. I will check back back later.

fatmad
10-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Hi everyone: yes indeed, the Fall colours are stunning, and today is our Thanksgiving. No matter what faith (if any) you follow, we can all pause and think about what we are thankful for.
For me, I have been reflecting about last year. DD and I were not talking, just fighting, and I was really in a funk. This year, I am not depressed, DD and I get along quite well, and as a result, my marriage is also happier. DH put up with a lot last year. I guess one bad year out of many good ones isn't the end of the world.
We had a family dinner with my other DD and her partner at his Dad's place, my Dad was with us, as well as younger DD and her boyfriend. It was lovely, and we did that Saturday, so the rest of the weekend has been quite restful. When I take the younger one back to her college residence tonight, I will stop in town to see baby Lilia and her parents. (that girl's mother won't come to have Thanksgiving dinner with her daughter and granddaughter because she "hates" the people they are housesitting for. The people she "hates" aren't even there! terrible way to show how little you care about your family)
I baked up a storm for our family dinner, apple pies, apple crisps, pumpkin pie and pudding, and a pumpkin cheesecake. The apple crisps was sugar free and low carb, using nuts more than grains, and the pumpkin stuff was all sugar free and low carb, except for the pie crust. So I was able to enjoy desserts fairly responsibly, but must admit that I overate in general and had too many desserts over the last couple of days. I did enjoy the baking, and also made some homemade soups, so that I have generally eaten well, just too much. That is showing on the scale, I have crept up a bit.
Blood sugars are good though, so just need to be on plan a few days and will get back to normal.
I am 'batching it this week with DH away to close up the cottage and have a few days of Indian summer in northern paradise.
Will stay in touch this week. ttfn

Riemontana
10-10-2011, 02:25 PM
Good Morning!

I waited till everyone left the house this morning and I did walkitout for more than 90 minutes without interruptions. It was fun. My fbs is staying in the 80's all the time, with only a small rise after eating. So Far, so good. I am enjoying some "hash" for breakfast. A chopped small onion, a little zucchini, a chopped leftover potato, and two eggs scrambled over everything. Yum

Bonnie, so proud of you for your bs control and for getting things back on track. Those kids grow so fast! I will think about it and post some ideas on the holiday thread.

Fatmad, it sounds like a lovely holiday.

Well, I am off to put in some practice time on the pool table... BBL

Rie

fatmad
10-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Hi all: I stayed for supper with baby Lilia and family. The visit was great, but Thanksgiving supper was a disaster, chicken burnt on outside and raw on inside. Fortunately the soup and salad were wonderful and we filled up on that. The grandma decided to come in the end. But so evident she was odd woman out, the baby went to her other grandparents and uncle, and Auntie Madeleine, but just thought Nana was a stranger and wouldn't be held by her or anything. Also Nana didn't feed her or change diaper or anything. Even her very conservative east Indian grandpa does those things, he loves the little one so. I hope maybe Nana will get a bit more involved. It would drive me crazy not to be around a grandbaby.
I got to yoga today, and did gain a pound over the holiday weekend, but will shed that.
Also had some sad news today. A little boy I helped into the world was killed in a car accident last night, and a dear friend of my husbands died today. So there will be funerals and visitations to do. DH is away right now, so grieving without the comfort of each other is a bit hard.
Eating LOTS of soup right now, great way to get the veggies into me. Yum
hello to everyone, and enjoy this wonderful weather.

Riemontana
10-11-2011, 07:40 PM
Hello all,

My, I have been having a busy day. This morning I presented the local Sheriff with 40 blankets that were made by the kids in my facility. The blankets are sealed in bags and will be carried in the deputies cars. They will be given to domestic violence victims. It was nice. I also had my big Board of Directors meeting today at noon. Lucky me, the menu was chef salad.

Fatmad, I am so sorry to hear about the losses and sorry that you and DH are not together to grieve. Take good care of yourself. As for the Grandma, some folks just have a hard time reaching out of themselves to be truly present for others. I feel sorry for them, they miss so much.

BBL

Rie

Butterfly50
10-11-2011, 09:58 PM
Rie how cool I bet them children love them blankets.

Fatmad sorry to hear about your losses too. I hope you and the hubby can get togeather soon. I know how you must feel being alone.Sending you some big Hugs:hug::hug:

Today has gone great Been doing my four mile fast the last few days. Went to walmart tonight and found a walk it off & tone it up for 11$$ It a 5 mile calorie burning walk. Plus it comes with the band. I will be trying it tomorrow.

Rie I finally found Butternut squash this thing cost me 4 dollars I almost feel over didnt think it was that much but oh well I need something different to eat. So I am gonna try the receipe that you put on here the other day. I hope I got pumpie pie seasoning I forgot to look till now....

I will let you all know how the new video goes and check in tomorrow...

JingerBird
10-12-2011, 07:16 AM
Hi everyone, sorry I haven't posted in a while, i'm finding things tough just now. Still not smoking though, day 23!
Its the food thing I'm finding hard, in fact the whole diabetes thing. I have stopped checking bloods at the moment, haven't exercised in over a week, am not monitoring food and actually forgot to take meds yesterday.
I'm going to start getting back on track today. Going to start slowly though and fix 1 thing at a time. Firstly, I am back on the water. I am aiming to drink 4 litres today and increase to 6 by week end. I need to flush out these toxins that are making me feel tired and ill. I have even got a slight water infection so I know I must go back to my life style that I had back in mid-summer.
I'm quite angry with myself today :mad:
You are all an inspiration to me and I will follow your examples. :hug:

Riemontana
10-12-2011, 12:15 PM
Good Morning!

fbs at 71 this morning so I ate half a banana before I worked out. I did 75 minutes of my walkitout game. Apple with a little peanut butter for breakfast. I have a busy day today with pool league tonight.

Fatmad, :hug: big hugs to you.

Bonnie, you go girl! you are certainly back on track with all that working out. For me, if I excercise, everything else is easier. My appetite and cravings go down. How about you?

Jinger, glad to have you back. You are right, baby steps. All of us fall off the program from time to time, but the most important thing is to start again. Feel free to pm me if you need some extra support.

Well, off to meet the day. Later!

Rie

Butterfly50
10-12-2011, 12:50 PM
Today has gone well I did my new video and boy am I feeling good aint nothing like getting done working out and our body tingles from a good one. Love the video will be doing that one many times and the band are great I needed that.

Rie I know what you are saying this was so good I am so energized now I can do anything. Yes getting the workout in makes my day . Everything does comes easier.

JingerBird I feel for you I have been their gained a few here and I made the decision not to give up on myself so I got my self back on track. Now I am glad that I have done it. It has made me realize alot and what I want. Sending you some big:hug::hug:

I hope everyone else is doing good I have so much to do so will check back in later....

Oh By the way went last night and got everything for my daughter party and I am gonna make me a crust less Cheese cake for me to have with the FF Jello ..... NO CAKE FOR ME!!!!!!

JingerBird
10-13-2011, 04:48 AM
Good morning, everyone. Thanx for all your support yestersday. Good to know people care!
Not feeling to good again today. Only had a couple of hours sleep and I feel really sick. So I'm feeling pretty down again!
I managed 4 litres of water yesterday so going for the same today. Might be more difficult today. I had a bowl of porridge for breakfast so that's a good start didn't manage to eat it all so we'll see what today brings.

Luv to ya all!

Butterfly50
10-13-2011, 06:42 PM
YES YES YES I can now fit in to a pair of shorts I havn't been in to in two years now!!!!! I feel good I have been thinking of trying them for a few days now But I finally got the nerve to try them on and I am so glad that I did.

JingerBird I am sorry that you are having such a bad tie right now. It will get better I promise. Here is a few hugs for you:hug::hug:

TamTam
10-14-2011, 09:07 AM
Morning all. Quick check in. Went for a walk this morning and my new tennis shoes have made me this wonderfu little blister on the back of my left foot, not good!! BLood sugar is better, it was up a bit, weight is holding on for dear life. Anyway have a blessed day.

pattygirl63
10-14-2011, 06:38 PM
Just a quick one here. DGD had the tube removed from her ear today and is doing great. DD said that they thought it might take an hour, but it only took 15 minutes. We thank God that it was the tube and not a tumor.

Bonnie - I know it is a great feeling to have lost enough weight to be able to wear those shorts. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

CC - Good news about the bs readings coming down. Mine was good today, but hasn't stabalized yet. And my weight doesn't want to budge right now either. Hopefully that will change eventually.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Butterfly50
10-15-2011, 09:39 AM
Good morning on this cold saturday morning. I am here eating my breakfast and then will be getting the million things done before we have this party tomorrow.
My Fbs was 99 this morning feeling pretty good about that one . My weight is now 268.0 I am really feeling that one. We bought my daughter Zumba for the wii and she wants me to do it with her. I can see we are gonna have fun. I am off to finish the breakfast and will check back in later if I have time..

Riemontana
10-15-2011, 11:14 AM
Hello All!

fbs at 81 this morning again. I had a dr appt yesterday and my most recent A1c is 5.4. My last 3 readings, (9 months) have all been 5.4 or less. My dr is really happy. Not so positively, this is the first month that I haven't lost any weight since I started. I guess the time has come when my body is going to start fighting to keep the weight. I am going to start cutting back on some portion sizes for meat and carbs to see if I can't get going again.

Bonnie, I have been contemplating zumba. I will look forward to hearing about it.

Trish, great news about little dgd. Hang in there.

Cajun, I hope the blister heals quickly! Be careful.

Well, today I am going to pack dgs and I a lunch and go out to the fields to ride in the truck with my dad for beet harvest. BBL

Rie

Ruthxxx
10-15-2011, 02:08 PM
Back from my oceanside vacation and am definitely not going on the scale until Monday! Wonder of wonders my FBGL held steady, probably because I did a lot of walking, sore leg or not! The food and food demonstrations were terrific and we had Acadian/Irish music each evening and joined in the dancing. It was a very active week with a full schedule from 8 a.m. to 10 p. m. and I did it all!

It's wet and cold here today and I am glad to be home with my two dogs, my own food and a fire in the stove int he back room. Early bed tonight for sure!

JingerBird
10-15-2011, 04:08 PM
Hi everyone, I am feeling much better today. I'm back on my cross trainer and it has been a sunny day but a little cold!
Bonnie great job with the shorts. I have a pair that I bought a couple of years back. I will get into them at some point. 2 more dress sizes to go. Zumba sounds like great fun. Let us all know how it goes. Hope the party goes well and everyone has a fab time. :carrot:

Rie. Your bloods are fantastic. Do you take many meds or are they being reduced? Btw thanx for your great support!

Ruth. Sounds like you had an action packed holiday hope there was some time for relaxing as well

Trisha. Glad dgd is ok.

Ruthxxx
10-16-2011, 07:27 AM
Great sleep but can't seem to get a good BGL test. Hmmm. I limit the number of times I stick myself to three. It could be because the house is so cold this morning.

Jinger, there was no "free time" per se on the schedule but all the activities were optional. I didn't skip a single one! Good work on staying smokeless. :cheer:

Riemontana
10-16-2011, 01:12 PM
Good Morning!

fbs at 80 this morning. I got started doing walkitout and stayed at it for over 2 hours, 20,000 steps. When I finish here I need to go out and pick all the tomato plants clean then pull them and get the stuff cleared out of the garden box. It will freeze here tonight or tomorrow. That activity should make up for all the time that I will sit on my fanny today watching football. :D

Yesterday I went out to ride in the truck with my dad for the beet harvest. I loved the sights and smells. Little guy went with me. I will miss it when dad is too old to be in the fields.

Bonnie, I hope the birthday party went well.

Jinger, glad that you are doing a little better. One day at a time. I take metformin 2x per day and januvia. My dr is not inclined to take me off any of the meds right now. I left his office with kudos and instructions to continue to add more healthy carbs such as fruits back into my diet. I am re-evaluating my calories and nutrients to try to get to some optimum levels. I would like to get some more weight off.

Ruth, :?: weird about your bgl readings. Now that you are home, perhaps a steady routine will help.

Fatmad, Carol, Cajun, Trish, and others.... Have a restful sunday.

Rie

Ruthxxx
10-17-2011, 07:28 AM
Good morning. Freaky BGL reading this morning of 7.2, probably because of a very late (8:30) supper and not taking bedtime meds for some reason. The scale was miserable too - back to 182 but a one pound gain is not that tragic considering how much I ate!

Back on track with food as of this morning. I even put on a pot of bones and tired veggies to make chicken stock overnight. Smells great on this wet and cold morning.

Lifting my coffee mug to a good week for us all.

Riemontana
10-18-2011, 02:26 AM
Hello

I swear that I posted here this morning but it isn't visible. Oh well. fbs in the low 80's again most of the day. I am doing well with food. I am going to a conference this week so I will just try to be careful.

I am having a gastric ultrasound in the morning and it must be fasting. Not looking forward to that.

Ruth, I hope that the bs stabilizes and the ticker learns its lesson.;)

BB Tomorrow.

Rie

Ruthxxx
10-18-2011, 07:35 AM
Rie, I lose a lot of posts too - probably because I go into split screen to check elsewhere.

BGL 3.7 this morning and weight back to 181 so I guess yesterday was a fluke. Food was not stellar yesterday but today will be better. Donna came to clean and was doing my kitchen at noon so it was a quick chicken sandwich. Then I had two back-to-back meetings at supper time so pasta was the only option. I'm pretty sure the calories were fine but the day was too carby and very low on veggies.

I made a delicious chicken stock yesterday. I started by roasting the bones and veggies and it made a very dark and rich stock much like beef stock. Today I'll transform it into a chicken and veggie soup to solve the problem of meals on the run. This cold and wet weather makes me want soup or something else hot - even for breakfast.

I cleared the quilting storage boxes off the treadmill. Do you think there's a chance I'll get on it today?

Riemontana
10-18-2011, 10:19 AM
Good Morning!

fbs at 80 today. I woke uncomfortably early and it sucks because I sure would like my coffee and my workout this morning. Not allowed before my test. I am going to reward myself with a stong latte after I am done.

Lots of meetings today and things to do.

Ruth, I am going to send :carrot: energy north to you. Hoping that you find the treadmill. At least the pasta didn't derail the bs. I haven't eaten pasta in more than a year.

Have a great day!

Rie

Wannabehealthy
10-18-2011, 11:32 AM
Jinger-I get discouraged a lot, too. I get into a bad habit of not testing my BS because I don't want to see that bad number. But I know that's wrong and it's not going to help the situation, so I make myself do it and then try to improve it the next day. I know it's difficult for you because you quit smoking, but that will get easier and before you know it you won't even be thinking about a cigarette.

Butterfly50
10-18-2011, 02:39 PM
Sorry for being mia for a couple of days . The birthday party went well I made me a crust less cheese cake and everyone who tried it liked it. The cake is almost gone. But all went well. Hubby has a Ct in the am is it is gonna be hetic here. The doc said they noticed a spot on his x ray and wants it checked out. so Busy day tomorrow. Had to go to the school this morning and sign my daughter out of school now she is 17 she is going into a program for bipolar and when they get it in control then they are gonna work on her GED. She only has a third grade reading level so it has made the last couple of years hetic here.

But for me all is good I have to go to the doc the end of this week . This will be the first time in 3 months. This will be a check up to see how my A1c is doing.
Will check back in later when I get back from the Ct.

pattygirl63
10-18-2011, 10:25 PM
Thought I would just check and say I'm still around. Mostly lurking. Have good days and bad days. See doc tomorrow. Not sure that will go good as I think the stress I've been under the past 3 months hasn't been much help. However, things are settling down more and more and hopefully the next 3 months will be better. Tony's son, his wife and 2 kids will be here Thursday and leave Sunday so that will be trying on woe, but I expect things to get better any way. Otherwise, I stay busy mostly with the baby. Will check in again when I can.

Ruthxxx
10-19-2011, 07:24 AM
Hmmmm - glyburide is a half dose but BGL was 3.1 this morning. I did have rice with my stir-fry last night but I guess I need to either cut the meds or up the carbs. It's a drag but when you examine the alternatives ... :shrug:

Happy Hump day and keep on trudging!

pattygirl63
10-19-2011, 03:06 PM
I will never understand how our bodies work. I've had terrible FBG readings and just knew things would be bad when I saw the doc today. A1c is 6.0 the same as it was last month and my good cholesterol and tryglcerides were improved. Go figure. Bad cholesterol was up a little bit but not bad he said. He was pleased with the good cholesterol going up and the tryglerides going down. Well, I'm thankful for that. Now to get the weight to come down as it was up 2 lbs. I told him I was retaining fluid but I don't want to go on diuretics. My DD BF is diabetic and is probably headed for dialysis soon and is on a waiting list for a kidney. DD says it is because he has had to take so many diuretics. I figure if I eat more of a low carb diet than regular that will correct itself. Nurse measured my heighth. I've lost my 1/4 in so I am actually 5'2" now. Was 5'3" when I was younger. Was 5'2 1/4" for years now that is gone. Oh well. Overall a good doc visit. So now to get my act together so I have an even better report in 3 months.

Have a great Wednesday.

Butterfly50
10-19-2011, 03:58 PM
I jest finished a 2 mile in 30 min. I was so angry I had to do something to let out some steam. I got my bank statement in today and page 1 was mine 2 was someone elses and 3 and 4 was mine. I got someone account number Names Even routing number plus thier account information on their statement.
So that means someone has got the same info on me. I called the hubby right away and sent him to the bank. They now have account listed on the fraud list so no one can do any thing to my account.

All is going well for me other then that Have not worked out in a few days. Got so many things to do will get to all you soon.

pattygirl63
10-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Bonnie - What a scary thing to happen. Shouldn't they have changed your account number? I would have thought they would. Hope you have no other problems with it. You are doing great with your exercising.

Ruthie - Sounds like you need more carbs and it looks like I need less. Didn't get a med to go with my Metformin since the doc was happy with my results. Darn things are difficult at our age, aren't they?:?:

Butterfly50
10-19-2011, 10:20 PM
No they didnt change or account number. They jest put us on the fraud list. They guarentee that if something happens they will cover it.

Rie I bought some Almond Milk tonight Can you Freeze this stuff. Plus what kind of Unsweetend coco do you use. I only have Baking coco. I would love to make this Mocha Freeze and give it a try.

I made the kung pow Chicken tonight it was pretty good. I dint think I would like it cause I made it with Rice vinegar but turned out good had the kids try it and they loved it too So I will be making this for the whole family next time. It is pretty cheap to make too. I also want to find the receipe for the Broccoli Cheese soup See what kind of powder cheese packets they use I looked and couldn't find any.
All is good with me. I hope everyone is having a good time.

Ruthxxx
10-20-2011, 07:24 AM
Good morning from very wet and windy Eastern Ontario!

Bonnie, that was a great way to handle your anger at the bank. I'll need to track down that chicken recipe and try it.

Patty, that A1C looks good to me and good work on the other readings.

Yesterday was a rather frustrating day (I'll spare you the details!) and food was not good. The local grocery had lovely red grapes on for .98 cents a pound and somehow a whole pound disappeared during the day. If I buy some more today, I'll freeze them in 20 grape servings. There's also an empty small chip bag in my trash - darn dogs! ;)

Anyhow, weight is still 181 despite yesterday's transgressions and FBGL a decent 4.4. :shrug:

Butterfly50
10-20-2011, 02:23 PM
Rie I made the iced mocha coffee this morning and my oldest son loved it . I will def be keeping that recipe around.. Thanks so much. Been meaning to ask you what is the step game that you Do?

All is good here already done a 5 mile LS workout. Now on to cleaning house It is only 68 in my house right now it has gotten pretty nippy here But I love this weather. Well I will be back later...

Ruthxxx
10-21-2011, 06:51 AM
:lol: at Bonnie's 68ºF. That's what I keep my house at in winter.

Good day yesterday with no extras but the scale is till 181. :shrug: BGL was 3.4 this morning despite toast with my moules (mussels) mariniere - yummy supper and low calorie!

Today will be a bit more of a challenge as I have Book Club tonight which means wine and snacky things. I will have a sturdy supper of stew which will help me resist temptations.

TGIF!

fatmad
10-21-2011, 09:58 AM
Hi everyone: its been a while since I posted. I am not currently weighing since I am retaining lots of fluid. Ever since Thanksgiving I have been covered in hives. So much that I think that benedryl is a food group, I just take it like candy, trying to control the itching. I have finally decided to fast for a day or two. I think it is food or something I drink or take. I am off everything. No meds, no food, no vitamins. Hope by the end of the day the hives are down and I can sleep better. My skin is so itchy for so long that it is sore. very weird.
BLood sugars have not been great. Fast this am was 6.3, (about 107) but I haven't been taking the metformin regularly. Seeing the doc in early November to get a referral to an allergist, and formally get an epipen, instead of keeping my own supply from work.
ok, enough whining, I am tired of it.
I have been reading, and am so happy for Jinger quitting smoking, for Ruth having a good trip, for Trish having decent a1c in spite of a few ups and downs, no doubt stressed by family life. BOnnie, keep on walkin it out, and Rie, hope the plateau doesn't last, but wow, you are doing awesome.

Have a good weekend everyone, tgif!

pattygirl63
10-21-2011, 01:27 PM
Fatmad - So glad to hear from you. I've been wondering how you are. So sorry you are having problems with hives, etc. I remember the first time I was diagnosed with diabetes years ago. I had a rash that would not go away and I lived on benadryl seems like forever. Hope you get over this situation soon. What got me was that the doc told me that what I could see on the outside of my body was worse on the inside. So I've kind of learned the seriousness of rashes. So I really feel for you and hope you are feeling better soon.

Bonnie How did you like the weather this morning? It was 37 degrees when the kids left to catch the bus at 7:40. This is a real change for the FL kids.

Ruthie We usually keep our house at 68 during the winder too. Good luck with the food at your Book Club today.

Everybody else :wave:

Have a great Friday!!!

Riemontana
10-21-2011, 05:34 PM
Hello all!

Wow, I was in a conference this week in Butte, Mt. NO INTERNET! I sure missed you guys and I missed the support of checking in here every day. I did pretty well with food, only going over by 163 calories on one day and maintaining bs control the whole time. Unfortunately, I have been sick with a cold the last couple of days:( It was a long drive home but I traveled through 2 mountain passes and the colors of the turning poplars and aspens against the pine trees of the Rockies was so beautiful. Our weather is beautiful fall weather. Crisp, cool (35 degrees) in the morning with high 60's all day and bright blue skies.

Lots of people at this conference haven't seen me for a couple of years. I was wondering why people weren't talking to me and I was feeling a little lonesome. At lunch, a lady that has known me for 15 years turned and introduced herself to me!:o When I told her who I was, she was amazed and kept saying that she didn't recognize me. Then, others kept saying the same thing. It made me a little uncomfortable because everyone was making a big deal, but wow.

Bonnie, I am so proud of your excercise and the way that you handled the scary situation at the bank. I am glad that you like the mochas. I am sipping one right now and it feels blessedly cool on my sore throat. My step game is called "WalkItOut" for the wii. It is a game where you step in time to music and for each step you get points. Then you use the points to build a sim world that you walk in. It is pretty fun. I can get going for a long time. It is about $20 at game stop or amazon. There is a whole discussion community on amazon and facebook about the game.

Ruth, I keep my house at 68 pretty much year round. I have noticed that lately I have been feeling the cold more. Those darn dogs! I can't have grapes or fresh cherries in my house because I can't leave them alone:( The whole "just one" thing gets me every time. Good luck tonight.

Trish, good readings! I think the water retention will continue to improve with lifestyle. It is nice to have you able to stop in here.

Fatmad, :hug:so sorry about the itching! I hope you find the answer soon. That must be really uncomfortable. Take care.

Well, sorry for anyone that I missed, I want to go start a pot of chicken soup.

Take care!

Rie

Wannabehealthy
10-21-2011, 06:35 PM
Fatmad - You gave me a scare. I was wondering how I missed Thanksgiving....then I realized you are in Canada. LOL

I used to get hives really bad. The first time was when I had a test done and they had injected me with IVP dye. That's when I realized I was allergic to it. But afterwards, I would get them off and on for over a year. Other than the reaction to the dye, they never found out why I was getting them. Now I get them occasionally, but not bad enough to take anything for them. My daughter-in-law had them near the end of her pregnancy and for several months after delivery. They gave her something to take but it still took a long time for them to taper offl. I know they are really miserable. You just want to scratch your skin off. I sure hope you get relief soon!

pattygirl63
10-21-2011, 06:37 PM
Rie - Glad to have you back. missed you too. I bet that was fun to have people not recognize you because of you weight loss. Made you feel pretty darn good too. Chicken soup sounds good to. We are having weather for soups and stews now. May think about doing some next week.

Wannabehealthy
10-21-2011, 06:38 PM
If I live to be 100 I will not understand this blood sugar thing. On Wednesday night at bedtime I tested and was 115. The next morning I was 130. Last night I had a very late dinner and at bedtime it was 170. I thought it was going to be really high this morning and it was 131. I have stopped eating an evening snack but it hasn't changed my AM bs reading. I have lost 3 lbs this week though, so it's not a total failure! LOL

pattygirl63
10-21-2011, 08:56 PM
slmn - I've had that happen to me with the FBS myself. I really don't understand all this blood sugar stuff and how our bodies work either. Like my visit to the doctor when I thought everything was going to be bad because of the readings I had been having only to find that my A1c was 6.0 just get it all. CONGRATULATIONS on the 3 lb loss. :carrot:Really happy for you.

Butterfly50
10-21-2011, 09:50 PM
Hi Everyone! Doing good here I got up this am and did a 4 fast miles then my daughter wanted to do it with me she lasted 6 minutes. Went tonight and picked me up a new 5 mile walk video.

Rie I love the Walk it out I told the hubby I want it. I think It will be a good thing the kids like the wii. Can I use the wii plus remote it is the motion one. I looked over it and it didnt say.

Cooked some home made Chicken and noodles tonight for dinner Made it with wheat noodles everyone loved it. I must run I have things to do before bed. I will get to personals tomorrow..

Ruthxxx
10-22-2011, 07:01 AM
Baked all day yesterday and did do a bit of nibbling so BGL is 5 this morning and weight is up a tad. :( Sometimes I feel like slapping myself! I felt a bit cruddy last night so opted out of Book Club - probably was having a reaction to Wednesday's flu shot.

Today? I am going to do eggs and veggies for breakfast and plan a mid-morning snack. There is a "lunch" with the quilting group before we set up for this afternoon's sale but I may manage to opt out of that. Sandwiches and squares are not my lunch of choice! I'll have some soup and a ww roll at home. Dinner will be a pork and veggie stir-fry - maybe with rice.

I hope we are all doing well this chilly October weekend. (I'm trying to figure out what I can give out to the kids on Halloween that will not tempt ME! Any suggestions?)

fatmad
10-22-2011, 09:00 AM
I didn't wind up fasting for the whole day, had some supper, but weight was higher this morning despite so few calories yesterday! Hives were a bit better overnight though, so maybe it is going to get a bit better.
It is possible I am just super sensitive for a while. A few people with serious allergies have said that they were super sensitive and got hives even from mosquito bites for a while after major reactions, like I had.
Am going to book in for some allergy testing, both with western medicine and a crunchy-granola naturopath who used muscle testing, which the scientist in me doesn't believe in but has correctly diagnosed some of my real allergies in the past.
In the mean time, will stick to homemade foods and back to properly low carb today and we see where we go with that.
I am loving Rie's story about no one recognizing her, yes Rie, thats what happens, your face has also lost weight and you look different! Good for you.

Hello to all!

Wannabehealthy
10-22-2011, 11:27 AM
Trish - at bedtime my bs was 88, way lower than usual for me, and this morning fbs was 137. I'm wondering if this is because I don't sleep good. I have heard that during sleep your body is burning off excess glucose to keep your cells working. My doctor doesn't worry about this. I have had a few A1cs at 7.4 but usually it's in the 5s or 6s. I guess if he's not going to worry about it then I won't either, but I will keep trying different ways to get it down.

Ruth - I love eggs and veggies. Broccoli, peppers, mushrooms. Yum! A local restaurant has a really good veggie omlet. I order it a lot, but skip the onions!

Rie - Congratulations on not being recognized. I look forward to the day when people don't recognize me. LOL

Riemontana
10-22-2011, 01:20 PM
Hello all,

Fbs at 87 this morning which I am happy about because I am fighting a cold. Doing ok food wise but missing exercise this weekend.

Bonnie, the game works on either: balance board, dance controller, or wii remote with the nunchuck attached. I use the nunchuck – just put it in my pocket and go. It will also do multiplayer but I have never tried that.

Carol, well, hopefully, that morning bs will come down. Just keep experimenting and testing.

Fatmad, I hope the hives get better. I think the mix of western and holistic medicine is a good strategy.

Ruth, it sounds like you have a plan for eating today.

Trish, I am going to allow myself the soup today as much as I want. It has only very low carb veggies and a little chicken. Just mostly rich chicken broth. I would think that soups and stews would be an economical way to feed your large household.

I am off to huddle under my blanket and rest. Take care.

Rie

Butterfly50
10-22-2011, 08:54 PM
Spent the day with the family. Went to Hubby doc they said he has calcium dep on his lungs they referred him to a lung doc. For me I got to the Doc in the am to get my 3 month sugar check. Until then I have so much to do. Will let you all know how it goes.

Ruthxxx
10-23-2011, 07:25 AM
Still chugging along. Weight is definitely stuck and BGL was sort of high at 6 this morning. Then I realized I had not taken my meds last night. :doh:

Today I am cooking a turkey dinner for four adults and six kids - a late thanksgiving dinner for those of us without birth families. It should be fun although noisy. I won't have a problem with the food although turkey dressing is hard to resist. Laughter offsets calories, right?

Riemontana
10-23-2011, 10:14 AM
Good Morning.

fbs at 100 this morning - really high for me. I am battling this really bad cold/flu thing and I have a fever. Going to rest today.

Rie

Butterfly50
10-23-2011, 01:30 PM
Went to the doctor this morning and when I found out I was diabetic my A1c was 7.3 now my A1c is 5.7 I go back in three months and she said that She would bet If I can loose another 30 pounds I can get off at least 2 of my meds. So that made my day. She was so happy to see the diffence in me. So I will be kicking butt to full fill my goal of getting under 200 pounds. Oh and I would have to say Loved the DR scale it says I lost 37 pounds. Yay

Riemontana
10-23-2011, 03:01 PM
Yay Bonnie!

pattygirl63
10-23-2011, 03:16 PM
CONGRATULATION!!!:carrot: BONNIE... GREAT NEWS!!!

JingerBird
10-23-2011, 04:08 PM
Hi everyone, Just a flying visit!

Sorry I haven't been in touch but I left my computer at work and I haven't been in much this week. My son hasn't been well, nothing serious, just a touch of the flu. But everything is good again now. Still not smoking. Gary and I have been to open a saving account for our Florida holiday. we have saved £440 ($700) since we stopped smoking 5 weeks ago. I still haven't lost anymore weight but I am going for another big push and am going to go for 20lbs before Christmas.

Bonnie You go girl. You must feel fantastic

I will catch up with everyone when I have a bit more time tomorrow!

Butterfly50
10-23-2011, 10:49 PM
Yes I am soo Happy Gives me a goal to work on for the next three months. feels pretty good never seen a dr so excited to see someone in their life. I can hear her reaction when they told her what my A1c was.

Rie I will be odrering Walk it out probley next week or so. Sounds like so much fun. Still need to try zumba.

I hope everyone is doing good.

fatmad
10-24-2011, 07:12 AM
Jinger, Don't sweat the weight loss for a bit, I think you should go for it in the long run, but quitting smoking may stall you for a while. The health benefits of quitting are so good though that the stall is well worth it. If you aren't gaining, you are doing well. I am so impressed with both of you doing it, and doing well! Its great you are rewarding yourselves with a trip.

Bonnie, we are all thrilled for you to be doing so well. Getting under 200 into onederland will be a great difference to your health and well being.

I for one am not dieting in any sense of the word. I am getting more and more miserable with these hives. Nothing seems to really help. the reactine and benedryl barely allow me to function and nothing makes the hives go down. I would stop eating altogether (for a while anyway) if it helped. But I am not any better in the morning than at bedtime, and fasting didnt help much.
So I am trying to figure it out. No new meds, new foods or new detergents. SO WTF is going on? Any ideas and suggestions will be considered friends.
Hope everyone else is doing well. Happy belated Thanksgiving Ruth. Friendship families are just as important as birth families, so you give thanks for yours.

Ruthxxx
10-24-2011, 09:36 AM
Good FBS of 4.6 this morning although I did have a carby dinner last night - turkey, mashed, stuffing and squash pie. :nono: The "girls" took all the leftovers home at my request, leaving me the turkey carcass (and legs) for stock which simmered away all night.

Wow, Bonnie. That is most impressive and you earned it with all your hard work.

Jinger, Fatmad is right - you may stall a bit but quitting smoking is sooo major in improving your health! I bet you are pleased and amazed to see that bank account grow!

Fatmad, I've never had hives but I feel for you. Does the doc have any idea what is causing this?

Rie, I hope you shake off that cold this week. Dumb thing!

Patty, pop in when you can. Your life must be very hectic.

Riemontana
10-24-2011, 11:49 AM
Good Morning All!

Wow, it is uplifting to read the news from our little group this morning. I am still sick but I think I am on the mend…. Staying home from work this morning to rest. I hope that by tomorrow, I am well enough to get back to my routine.

Fatmad, I am so sorry that the hives are not getting better. Is it possible for you to get a complete blood screening done? Just to rule out other problems like liver, and other health problems? I hope you find some answers soon. I am not seeing the problem as an allergy, at this point.

Ruth, Turkey soup is my favorite part of the holiday. When I was poor and raising two sons, turkey in the off season was a life saver. Of course, I no longer have the fat-laden and carb loaded leftover dishes I used to make. I agree with fatmad, the friends family are just as precious as the blood families.

Bonnie, I am so happy for you! What a change from the confused and scared lady that we met just a short time ago. I love hearing about your dr being happy to see you! I get the same reaction from mine and it makes going to the dr so much better. I really feel like he is my partner and cheerleader. I am so glad that your dr is treating you well.

Jinger. Yay! You are doing so well. What a great plan – put the money away for a holiday. Just holding on your weight is good for now but I know that you will be able to lose more. When I quit smoking, I actually dropped about 15 pounds in a few months. I thought it was because I wasn’t sitting around smoking and got more active. Who knows?

Trish, Carol and everyone else – Hello and happy Monday!

Rie

JingerBird
10-24-2011, 03:52 PM
Fatmad I was just reading your post with interest. I might have talked about my sister before but she has MS. I remember a few years ago before she was diagnosed, she was picking up allergies to everything. She found out later that her system was over loaded. She started cutting out everything from her diet including diary and basically lives off white meat and veggies (raw where possible). Her MS is pretty much in remission and her allergies have all gone. She is my inspiration and my aim is to copy her habits. She's just found out she's pregnant we're all really happy. Don't think I want to copy that bit! Lol!
Not sure if hives is the same thing but it make be worth a go. She fasts sometimes for 3 - 5 days at a time.

pattygirl63
10-25-2011, 12:36 AM
Quick note before going to bed. Had a really nice day with DH thanks to our DSIL who decided he would get up and get all the kids and his wife off to school and then take the baby and spend the day with him because he said that he doesn't get to spend much time with him. Really enjoyed sleeping in this morning too. We went out to eat and then shopping... felt like a date. lol Got to get to bed because we go back to regular routine in the morning.

Till tomorrow.

Ruthxxx
10-25-2011, 08:54 AM
Slapping myself upside the head this morning as the scale is up again and BGL is too high for me. Methinks discovering a bowl of leftover turkey stuffing was the culprit. Sometimes I wonder when I'll grow up. :shrug: I have the tools and the knowledge but ...

Right now, after a proper breakfast of a fruit, Fibre1 and milk smoothie, I am going to sit down and plan today's food on paper - paper makes it real, the PC plan can be ignored.

First though, I am going to pitch that leftover stuffing!

pattygirl63
10-25-2011, 09:54 AM
Good Morning Chickies,

Ruthie - That turkey stuffing would do me in too especially if it is southern cornbread stuffing. My family I live with now eats bread stuffing which I can live without so I don't plan to make mine this year. Hopefully that will keep me from being tempted to eat any stuffing at all. Sorry about the weight gain.:hug: We ate out yesterday which would have been fine except I came home and over did junk food. So my weight is up probably due to salty foods. Seems like I just look at salty foods and gain. Temporarily is no consolation. Hope things will be better for you today.

Fatmad - I am so sorry you are not getting relief from the hives. Sure hope you find the answer soon. I learned that it could be one food but that was when I was first diagnosed with T2 diabetes. I later learned that it would flare up on me when I would eat too much starchy carbed foods.

Rie So sorry you are still sick. I sure hope you will be feeling better soon.

Today will be a low carb day to get rid of the water gain from the salt and drink loads of water too. Will be a Jaxxon day as well as I'll be spending most of the day with DGS. That keeps me moving.:running: How can one 18 month old make such a mess. I think exercise, exercise... I keep telling him that when he gets bigger that he will learn to clean up himself. Taught his sister to do that around the age of 2 and she still likes to clean up. At 8 she loves helping. Thought about paying her an allowance to keep babies stuff picked up, but I think Nannie needs the exercise. :dizzy:

Little eyes watching me so guess that means he is ready for breakfast.

Bonnie, CC, Slmn and others reading.:wave:

Have a great Tuesday!!!

Riemontana
10-25-2011, 11:21 AM
Hello all.

I have come to the conclusion that I have the flu – not a cold. I don’t mean to be a whiner, it just feels really crappy after 5 days. Grrr.:mad: Fbs is at 82 this morning. Food is ok but I am struggling late in the day and throughout the night when I can’t sleep. Don’t normal people lose their appetite when sick?:?:

Ruth, what rotten luck to find the stuffing! You will get back on track and get that darned ticker out of time out. Planning out the food is a good idea. I am desperately clinging to my plan…..

Trish, I remember reading about a study where they took a famous athlete and had him imitate the movements of a two year old. After a couple hours, the man collapsed, and the baby went merrily on…. Tee Hee. They say that kids keep you young, at least that is what I tell myself.:carrot:

Jinger, your sister sounds inspiring. Congrats on your impending “Auntidom”. It will be so nice that the baby will not smell ciggy smoke when you hold them! LOL:cool:

Fatmad, I hope you are feeling better.:hug:

Carol, Hello Darlin!:):wave:

Bonnie, hanging in there as our resident Rock Star?:queen: I am waiting to hear how you like Zumba. I want to order it.

BBL

Rie

Stephg138
10-25-2011, 11:30 AM
Hi there,
Newbie here...thx for having me :)

Am trying to get into the swing of a serious lifestyle change. I did it 7 years ago or so & was super successful but then had 2 girls (4 & 20 mos) & am now sitting here 55 lbs more than where I should be.

My challenges...DD2 doesn't sleep. I am still nursing her & she is up every 2 hours at night. From early on, she wouldn't take a pacifier or a bottle. I am her only comfort source. It's a good thing she is so super cute & has such a interesting personality. That being said-I am exhausted. I suspect my metabolism has completely crapped out. I WANT to go outside everyday & take a long walk...but it just never happens. I am contemplating starting my day with a small cup of coffee. I have never been a coffee drinker but I don't hate it or anything. I am a skim milk & splenda person so calorie wise, it doesn't have to be an issue. I just wonder if it could give me that extra umph to get a nice walk in instead of feeling like a zombie for hours after the kids wake up. I do the Republic of Tea Green Matcha tea over ice with just fresh lemon squeezed in everyday but it doesn't seem to be giving me much of a boost.

Food wise-trying to get into a good low carb routine again. What is everyone's take on the Arnold Low Carb Multi Grain bread? 2 slices are 80 calories & 18 g carbs & I have been eating it for years. Just wanted to make sure I am on the right track with that. Been starting my day with 2 slices but then sometimes end up having a turkey sandwich with 2 slices for lunch. Trying to figure out what my right # of carbs per day for weight loss is now at 38 years old.

AM fasting #s are too high. I have not been diagnosed with diabetes yet but was diagnosed years ago with IR & PCOS & now my weight being up & my AM fastings being high-I am pretty much expecting the A1C I do this week to result in a diagnosis. I am sad-I was a 5.4 during my last pregnancy. I feel like I gained weight & gave myself a disease.

I tend to eat more organic & had been trying to cut back on artificial sweeteners but I think it's way more impt to my health to lose weight right now so I am going to pick up some sugar free snacks this week. I need something for when DH is snacking at night...and I do crave chocolate often at night.

What do we think about sugar free/fat free jello pudding cups or skinny cow mini fudge pops?

Well...thx for reading. Am trying to catch up on all these threads to get more low carb, healthy meal & snack ideas too.

Offhand-anyone have a yummy mashed cauliflower recipe? Need it for me & to trick my 4 year old into eating some veggies.

fatmad
10-25-2011, 12:23 PM
Hi all, got an Rx for a different antihistamine yesterday, has sedating effects too, so slept better than I have for a while. The hives were a bit better when I woke up, but got going again when I was up and around. I really don't think it is an allergy, as it doesn't get much better with antihistamines etc. So will wait for the results of my urine test. Might get a cbc done too. In the mean time, DH and I went to check out a rolltop desk. He is getting it for me for my birthday. It was meant to be a surprise, but given the cost, he wanted to make sure I was happy with it. Was made by a company I know and trust, (a client furniture maker, has made my dresser very high quality woodworking) so I got to approve it. It is quite large, so we are making room for it now.

Steph, welcome here always. Have you decided on a diet plan? WW or south beach? I think as long as you limit carbs to some degree you are fine. You said you eat organic, but are you a vegetarian? That makes low carbing a bit harder, but atkins has a soy based vegetarian plan that you might like. Any weight loss is good for anyone at risk for diabetes, but given your history of pcos, a lower carb plan like atkins or south beach may help more than just weight loss.

Overall, a good day, looking forward to my 50th birthday party this weekend!

suttercm
10-25-2011, 02:14 PM
Hi All. I'm new to this site. Looking for support and info. I am 5'1", 55 yrs old and diabetic. I started out at 209, am down to 160. Still have 25 lbs to go. My A1C in May of this year was 12.6, am now down to 6.0. Am struggling to keep going, but am determined. I walk for exercise, but that is getting harder now that the winter months are upon us. Thinking about joining a gym for a while to test out some exercise machines that I might want to get for home.

Looking forward to visiting with all of you.

Riemontana
10-25-2011, 04:23 PM
Hello All,

Just a quick flyby…

Sutter, welcome! This is a great and supportive thread. Settle in and tell us a little about you.

Congrats on your birthday! I hope that the hives settle down so that you can enjoy the weekend. Keep us informed, ok?

Steph, Hello and welcome! You sure have your hands full. I like your attitude. If you search this site for Cauliflower fried rice – it is a great recipe. Otherwise, I just mash with a little roasted garlic. It also works to use it half potato/half cauliflower. Good luck!

Rie

Butterfly50
10-25-2011, 07:46 PM
Welcome suttercm and Stephg138 glad to hear from you both. This is the best place to be all these ladies are the best. Will look forward to hear more about you guys.

Rie I am doing fine was gnna get my daughter to put zumba on and let her teach me some of it will let you know how it is. I will be ordering walk it out next week. I am so excited I can't wait to get it and check it out.

Fatmad I hope your hives get better. Sorry to hear they are so up and down. I love Roll top desk Makes it much easier to keep unwanted critters out( Like MY Cats). I hope you get some answers soon.

pattygirl63 Yes they are so full of energy arent they. I skype with my daughter in law and see my granddaughter and she is full of herself. Enjoy they wont stay that way long.

Ruthxxx I hope is well with you..

JingerBird Congratulation to your sister with Baby news.

Any one else I missed I hope all is going well with you guys too.

I am doing good I did a 5 mile today I started back writing down all my food and exercise and am gonna watch it close again jest to make sure I am not slipping.

pattygirl63
10-26-2011, 12:08 AM
suttercm and steph:welcome3: Glad to have you join us and look forward to getting to know you.

Will do indies tomorrow. Goodnight

Ruthxxx
10-26-2011, 08:40 AM
All I can say is never, EVER buy Halloween candy a week before the event! Too bad it's so tricky to kick your own butt!

Sutter and Steph, we will now sing three choruses of "Getting to know you". Glad you've joined the rest of the Sugar Babies or BGL Babes.

Stephg138
10-26-2011, 10:14 AM
[QUOTE=Ruthxxx;4085263]All I can say is never, EVER buy Halloween candy a week before the event! Too bad it's so tricky to kick your own butt!

Uggghhhh...made that mistake last year & the year before...this year for Easter I didn't buy anything till the night before so I am going to do that for Halloween. That's why they put the candy out so early ya know. They KNOW no one can have bags of candy in their house without eating them & then they'll have to come back & buy more. lol

I also only buy candy I don't like now...for me, that's York Peppermint Patties & Junior Mints. DH loves those but that's his problem.

BTW-I sent DH out to get me sugar free Jello pudding yesterday & he came back with that & 1/2 dozen Apple Cider donuts. WTF??? :devil:

I am off to do my fasting bloodwork at the Drs. Hoping for a decent A1C.

I can't talk about this with anyone IRL but needed to unload somewhere...my armpits were feeling tender & I got a cyst a few weeks ago so I went for a mammogram & armpit ultrasound on Monday, Dr called me in yesterday & the mammogram was fine but both lymph nodes were swollen. He said he thinks that since it's both & I just battled a horrible cold/flu/sinus thing, it could just be their reaction. But he will check blood cell counts & stuff today too. I am trying not to think about it but yikes...

Wannabehealthy
10-26-2011, 10:49 AM
Ruth - I love the stuffing too. Come Thanksgiving, I could just eat a big plate of stuffing with gravy on it. Yum! I always send my leftover stuffing home with my step daughter. Can't risk keeping it in the house.

Bonnie - Yea for you! You are doing so great!

Fatmad - Hope you find out what's causing your hives. When I had mine I got a shot of benedryl which didn't help, so they gave me a shot of cortisone. That worked, but I still had flare ups for the next couple months.

Jinger - Good for you for not smoking. You are doing great, and as other have said, that is making such a big difference in your health....don't worry about the weight loss for now.

Rie - Hmmm Cauliflower fried rice. Sounds good! I'm thinking of hiring you as my personal chef! LOL

Steph - Because the tenderness is in both armpits, I'm thinking it's from your cold. Like swollen glands, but in your armpits instead of your neck. It's good that you're getting it checked out, but I think it will be nothing serious. Good luck to you.

Riemontana
10-26-2011, 10:57 AM
....Hi All,

Well, I feel a little better today. I actually got several hours of sleep last night and I don’t have a fever. Fbs at 83 this morning and I have maintained it pretty well while sick, only going to 100 one time when I mistakenly took a sugared cough drop.
I am so grateful to be feeling better and I am so looking forward to getting back in my routine! It reminds me that I need to be appreciative for healthy days. I really miss working out and I certainly miss logging in my exercise…..

Steph, interesting about the lymph nodes….. I have swollen glands in my neck that started a couple weeks ago. Dr couldn’t find any other ones but repeatedly wondered if I had the flu? Less than a week later, I was down for the count. We’ll see if they go away now.

Ruth, I totally understand about the candy. I ask dh to refrain from bringing in my favorites: I am helpless against reeces bars! I am going to purchase a single dark chocolate truffle for my Halloween treet. Hang in there.

Trish, fatmad and everyone else, I will be back later.

Rie

Wannabehealthy
10-26-2011, 11:19 AM
My husband wanted to buy the halloween candy a few days ago and I said "NO!" I will buy it the day before, if not the day of. He says it will be sold out by then. I'll find it somewhere. I used to buy it ahead and had a rule that it could not be opened until Halloween. Now, he opens it ahead of time and then I eat it once it's open. I would buy something I don't like but I can't think of what that would be. He always wants to buy bags and bags of it and we only get about 10 kids. Last year I bought full size bars. He says we might end up with a lot of kids this year and then what would I do. We won't end up with a lot of kids, just a lot of leftover candy. Our neighborhood is mostly older people who's kids have grown up. We even went through the grandchildren there for awhile. Now the grandchildren are too old for trick or treat. I sure am getting OLD! LOL

suttercm
10-26-2011, 12:11 PM
My husband is a real candy freak. Always buying something, but usually has eaten it all before I find it. We also get very few kids at Halloween, so won't buy much of anything.

Finally released from Physical therapy due to Tendonitis in my right elbow. Am looking into buying some sort of exercise machine since the weather is not cooperating so I can get out and walk. Am really leaning toward an Eliptical. Anyone have much experience with them? I think I may get a short term membership at the local gym so I can test out some machines before I buy to make sure it is something I can stick with.

Got a call from my younger son last night who is in the military. He has started Cross-fit training and is really loving it. Anyone heard about this? It is a competitive type of training and involved running, weight lifting, and strength training exercises done in a circuit. Sounds pretty interesting.

Have a really busy day today so will be eating on the run. Dinner will have to be some sort of fast food which I usually try to avoid, but no helping it tonight. Will have to look at some sites this afternoon to see what I can get that will fit into my carb/calorie requirements.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Connie

pattygirl63
10-26-2011, 07:30 PM
Ruthie - I loved the statement "Slapping myself upside the head this morning" and then you came along with "Too bad it's so tricky to kick your own butt!":rofl: You do have a "cute" way with words. I have felt like that many more times than I can remember.

Connie - My DH is a candy freak too. He has his favorite and although he is diabetic too, it doesn't seem to bother his BS. I haven't had any interest in any particular candy until today. I went to the store and walked through candy isle to get DH favorite because the kids are always grabbing a piece when they pass by it so I try to keep plenty of it for him. So far the Halloween candy craze hasn't called out to me until after I left the store and was sitting in line waiting to pick up youngest DGD from school. Then I thought "I should have gotten me a package of ______ (won't name my favorite) when I bought his candy. I could have one piece a day". I saw it in the regular isle and the special Halloween candy isle but it didn't jump out at me until later at the school. Thank goodness. Hopefully by the time I go to the store again in a few days, I'll have forgotten it or it might become a battle of resistance.

slmn11 - We have lived here for 5 years and never had any trick 'r treaters. Now that the grands live here, I will do something for them, but I think DD and DSIL are going to take them to the Halloween event at our local mall. Last year we went to the store and bought loads of candy just in case we had kids come by and we ended up being the ones who ate it. Don't want to do that one again.

Rie - Glad you are feeling better and hope you are back to yourself really soon.

Stephg138 - I went through that last year and doc sent me for a mammogram and an underarm ultrasound. I know it is scary. I'm usually am a positive/faith person, but I have to admit I was on edge until I got the report that everything was fine. It doesn't have to be anything bad and I hope all goes well for you.:hug:

Bonnie - I had 3 grands with my deceased hubby and thoroughly enjoyed them especially the oldest which was our 1st. Then when Tony and I married we took care of his/our youngest DGD that was born 1 month before we married and I thoroughly enjoyed her... we thought she would be the last grandchild between us. Then when his DD married again, we have this little Jaxxon which will be the last one and I have to say he is a real pleasure to have around. I used to have day care in my home and took care of many, many little ones and I think I am enjoying Jaxxon more than any of them. I think it is because my life had become kind of mundane until the kids moved in and he gives me a reason to get up each day... more like a purpose.

Fatmad - Hope you get answers soon and are feeling better. :hug:

Think I got everbody. If not, I hope all is going well with everyone else.

Stephg138
10-26-2011, 09:31 PM
Thx for everyone's positive words!

I ate like crap today...was feeling kind of down & a little stressed. Too much going on. We are moving in less than 2 weeks & so I am packing up the house. But tomorrow is a new day & I am really going to stay on top of logging it all in. That's the key-seeing it all in front of me.

I am still trying to decide if I have to do a certain "type" of diet or if I can just piece together the elements of a few that will work for me. For example, Weight Watchers is good because of the tracking & accountability but I can't eat that much fruit daily & lose weight. I am going to read up here on Atkins & South Beach to refresh myself & see what I think will work there too.

I hope ya all had a great day!!!

pattygirl63
10-26-2011, 10:44 PM
Thx for everyone's positive words!
I am still trying to decide if I have to do a certain "type" of diet or if I can just piece together the elements of a few that will work for me. For example, Weight Watchers is good because of the tracking & accountability but I can't eat that much fruit daily & lose weight. I am going to read up here on Atkins & South Beach to refresh myself & see what I think will work there too.

I hope ya all had a great day!!!

Steph - My doc told me that any diet will work. He said the key is finding out what works for you and what works for you is what you can live with. It is good to research and choose what is right for you. Good luck on your journey.

Ruthxxx
10-27-2011, 08:57 AM
4.3 this morning but weight is way up! Today I must focus on water. The last two days have been pretty salty and some H. candy jumped into my mouth. It's locked in the car trunk until mid-afternoon on Monday.

Feeling a bit down this morning because I am now nine pounds more than my low in the summer and it's my own darned fault. Salty food (stir fry last night) plus candy sneaking have done it. I need to get a grip or my size 14 pants will be snug - and I took all the bigger sizes to a rummage sale yesterday!

Hang in there, Chickies. I'll be back later to read posts I've missed.

pattygirl63
10-27-2011, 09:27 AM
Ruthie - :hug: I know how you feel as I've not been doing so well myself. Just have to do what I know I have to do, but seem to be rebelling and I have no idea :shrug: why. I seem to be fighting myself. I've been eating a lot of salty foods as too and that doesn't help me either. Weight can jump as much as 5lb when I eat salty foods especially processed foods. Hope you have a good day today.

I've got a roast cooking for dinner today and I'm getting ready to feed the baby and then eat breakfast of blueberries, plain yogurt and almonds with my coffee. Fairly easy day today and have my Bible study group tonight. So I have no reason to be off plan today.

Y'all have a great Thursday.

Riemontana
10-27-2011, 12:30 PM
Good Morning Friends!

I had a pretty good night’s sleep last night and fbs is 82. Still lingering cold symptoms but I feel better. I really hope that this next 24 hours really makes a difference because I want to work out but I just have so much fatigue.

I have a big insurance meeting today at work and I am really frustrated because it seems that they are changing our prescription plan all around. It appears that they may have determined that some medications (like my januvia) have a lower “effectiveness/cost” benefit and will now cost a lot more. I am trying not to stress out about it. GRRR

Trish, hang in there! You will find your way…. Yay for you on your victory over the candy!

Ruthie, good plan on the darned Halloween candy. I would say that most of that weight is water weight because I have a hard time imagining that you have eaten enough to gain that much weight.

Steph, Trish is right – any diet that you can use will work. When I started I was just really overwhelmed so here was my plan: Every lunch and dinner plate was>>> ½ plate non-starchy veggies, ¼ plate lean protein, ¼ plate carb serving. I also had to eat a large green leafy salad at lunch and dinner. Breakfast was 1 protein plus 1 carb serving. At first, it was easier than counting everything. Don’t worry. You will find your way.

Connie, it is a great idea to try out some machines before you buy them. Both Bonnie and I also are devotees of videos and wii games. Any kind of movement works. Good luck!

Carol Sue, we don’t get trick or treaters, either. I like to go out with little gs when he goes. We live in the country so we have to DRIVE to the houses. LOL

Bonnie, hows it going? I am looking forward to talking with you about the walkitout game and zumba. I am going to order zumba because I want to do more work on my waistline and I hear that it good for core work. Besides, I would just like to feel a little less clumsy when I want to move to some music, you know what I mean? Someday I would like to not feel like the big lumbering mama bear….. LOL

Fatmad, I hope that things are better for you and you are getting some answers.

BBL

Rie

suttercm
10-27-2011, 12:44 PM
Well, I let the stress get to me last evening. Ate things I have no business eating. Was on the road all evening, topping it off with a visit to my 78 yr old mother who is in the hospital with unspecified illness. That did me in!

I am back on program today. Hoping to do a visit to the gym this evening to see what they have.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Connie

Wannabehealthy
10-27-2011, 01:04 PM
Connie - My husband isn't much on chocolate, but he likes to have it in the house and have a piece once in a while. I'm the one who will dig into the bag once it's open and not stop til it's gone. LOL So I have to put my foot down on what and when we buy it, and really have to have discipline.

Trish - I agree with your doctor that any diet will work if you stick with it. But you have to think long term....can I do this for the rest of my life? Because if you can't, you will eventually gain back everything you have lost, and I think that's worse than not losing it at all. It HAS to be a lifestyle change to maintain.

Wannabehealthy
10-27-2011, 01:06 PM
Rie - I have been eating those Gala apples with and without the peanut butter. They are soooo good! Last night I had one and it was so good I had another. DH told me not to, but I didn't listen. I will never eat 2 apples again. It was not pretty! LOL

pattygirl63
10-27-2011, 02:15 PM
Trish - I agree with your doctor that any diet will work if you stick with it. But you have to think long term....can I do this for the rest of my life? Because if you can't, you will eventually gain back everything you have lost, and I think that's worse than not losing it at all. It HAS to be a lifestyle change to maintain.

I agree 100%. That's why I don't really want to think of the way I eat as a diet; I prefer it to be a lifestyle way of eating. Still learning how to do that as I think that is the only way that it will work for me. I'm always thinking of a "diet" as something to correct things like I did when I first was diagnosed diabetic 2 and even the second time. I can "diet" long enough to correct it, my problem has been staying there to keep it corrected. This is what I'm seeking to learn now... how to get down there by changing "habits" to healthier ways of eating that will become a lifestyle for me instead of just going on another "diet". Takes a little longer, but hopefully will last a lifetime rather than temporary.

Butterfly50
10-27-2011, 09:53 PM
Hey Ladies I hope to find all you guys doing well. Right now I have a tooth ache. I bit down on some broccoli and now it hurts.

Done well today I did a 4 mile watp. Otherwise all is doing good here.

Ruthxxx
10-28-2011, 08:03 AM
Bummer on the tooth, Bonnie. I hope it's better today. It's ironic that it should grieve you when you are eating something as healthy as broccoli!

BGL is OK this morning but weight is stuck. I was pretty "pure" yesterday although I did have a Scotch with my friend Art who brought me apples (Cortlands) from his orchard. The H. candy stayed in the trunk. The liquorice cigars were calling my name so I threw the whole bag into the trash - the kids will never miss them and they encourage smoking anyhow!

Raising my coffee mug to another day of the battle.

pattygirl63
10-28-2011, 09:19 AM
:coffee2:Good Morning Chickies.

Ruthie You hit it right on the head... this is a battle. I thought I did pretty good yesterday but ended up with a too carby day. FBS was higher than it has ever been. Think I need to do low carb for a few days. I bought some nut clusters that I eat and I think the kiddies are going to get those. Nice thing about having the grands living with us. What I find is a problem for me I can pass them on.

Bonnie Sorry about the toothache... that is no fun. Hope you get better soon.

Fatmad and Rie Hope y'all are getting better.

Busy day today. Today is DD last full week day off from school as she goes to a new schedule next week. Seems they change every 5 weeks. She wants to go eat at our favorite place Long John Silvers so we are taking her out to eat and then headed for Sam's to pick up a few things.

Everybody else :wave:

Have a good Friday!!!

Riemontana
10-28-2011, 02:02 PM
Hello All!

fbs at 80 this morning. I was able to do walkitout for an hour this morning and I feel pretty good from working out. Still not completely well but I really wanted to work out.:carrot:

It sounds like the changes in our drug coverage might mean that they will not pay for my Januvia anymore. Apparently, some statistical analysis somewhere determined that Januvia is not a good medication from a cost/benefit :?: perspective. The fact that my blood sugar is so under control will probably mean that my dr can't make a good case that I need it. WTH??? Well, we will see. How frustrating.

Today I have lots of paperwork to do and I need to get my halloween costume nailed down. We have a traditional pool tourney at halloween that I run every year called the "Broomstick Tourney" where you actually play with a broom, not a cue. That is tomorrow night and I am looking forward to it!

Bonnie, so sorry about your tooth! I hate dental stuff and I am a big baby about my teeth. :hug:

Trish, I agree, it is a battle. Actually, a war with lots of battles - large and small. Hang in there and enjoy long john silvers. I used to love that place.

Ruth, I have come to the conclusion that judicious amounts of alchohol are an important part of life and we should indulge in the spirit of friendship!:oAnd after all, you got apples out of the deal....:D

Carol, LOL on the apples. Yup. You gotta watch out! Tee Hee

I hope everyone else is well. BBL

Rie

Butterfly50
10-28-2011, 03:23 PM
Tooth is still hurting today. I told my hubby that I miles well face it I need to get it pulled . Had problems with it a few month ago. Now finding the money to have it done.

Things are good here food is going well Had some tuna for lunch with some homemade baked corn tortillia chips.

Rie For my workout today I did the zumba OMG I did the traning on all the steps and then a about 15 min workout and I was drenched with sweat when I was done I will be doing it again this time with the whole workout it is def a step up from the walking away the pounds Dvd's I was doing. But I feel good cause I did that much DD was upset cause I can do it better then she does. But she will get them soon.

I will check back later.

Wannabehealthy
10-29-2011, 09:41 AM
It's snowing pretty good here. Big wet flakes. We're supposed to get 1-3 inches in my area, but it probably won't stay long. So far the roads are just wet but the porches and yard are covered. This is early for us.

This morning my fbs was so high I won't even tell you guys what it was!! I found out early into my diagnosis that pizza is horrible for me, so I rarely eat it, and if I do, it's just a tiny tiny slice of my husband's just to get a taste. Yesterday he got a pizza and I ate it for my meal instead of just a taste. I didn't actually forget what it does to my bs, but I seem to have put that in the back of my mind. Well I got the shock of all shocks this morning and I won't be doing that again. It will be a carb free day for me today. I wonder how long it will take to get back down to a reasonable reading. I will be checking it all day!

Bonnie-I hope your tooth feels better or you can get it taken care of. Tooth aches are no fun.

Rie - Maybe your doctor can switch you to another med that will work as well as the Januvia. It's a shame you have to do that, though, when it's working so well for you. Your reading are just about perfect.

Trish - I am the same way with staying on program. I want to make it a lifestyle change forever, but my body has a hard time with that.

Ruthxxx
10-29-2011, 10:06 AM
Mine was a bit high this morning too at 6.4 or 111.6 and I know why! It wasn't anything as yummy as pizza but some below par cookies from the last bake sale. I should have pitched them rather than stash them in the freezer.

I'm not sure what's going on with me lately but I seem to get this compulsion to eat sweets. Not good at all! I am still taking my meds properly but ...

Anyhow, I'm feeling back on track this morning and just had a yummy grapefruit for breakfast. Now I WILL do some treadmill. This may be the first month I've gained weight in a long time!

Wannabehealthy
10-29-2011, 10:42 AM
Mine was a bit high this morning too at 6.4 or 111.6 and I know why! It wasn't anything as yummy as pizza but some below par cookies from the last bake sale. I should have pitched them rather than stash them in the freezer.

I'm not sure what's going on with me lately but I seem to get this compulsion to eat sweets. Not good at all! I am still taking my meds properly but ...

Anyhow, I'm feeling back on track this morning and just had a yummy grapefruit for breakfast. Now I WILL do some treadmill. This may be the first month I've gained weight in a long time!

I am not much of a sweet eater, except for chocolate candy. I bake hundreds of cookies for Christmas, but they are mostly passed out among family and friends. I eat a few....I have to make sure they're good so no one else gets sick! LOL But my problem is with bread and pasta type foods. Not only do they raise my blood sugar and hinder my weight loss, but they are trigger foods that make me overeat. I would be ok if I could limit my portions, but I could polish off a loaf of home-made bread or italian bread with butter in a day. It's something that once I start I can't stop.

Riemontana
10-29-2011, 01:04 PM
Hello all!

fbs at 85 this morning. I did 2 hours of walkitout for over 18,800 steps. I was having fun. Of course I have learned how to blow my nose while marching in place to the beat of the music - LOL darn cold! I am sure that will be a valuable skill sometime in the future.

Bonnie, I hope that the tooth situation is taken care of soon! You sold me - I am going to order zumba today.

Ruth, are there any portion controlled sweets that you could eat? I do well with tiny amounts of dark chocolate or sweet protein type bars. Hang in there.:hug:

Carol, I have not found a way to eat pizza, except a little thin crust and I don't eat the crust - my favorite part!: We recently had a family party at old chicago pizza and I stuffed myself on a spinach and artichoke appetizer and let the pizza go by. Everyone remarked on it but I thought I got the better deal. I hope that I can get the medication part figured out.

Fatmad, Trish, and others.... Have a great Saturday. I am off to finalize my costume. (I am going as a wall street occupier. Tee Hee)

Rie(

Butterfly50
10-29-2011, 07:52 PM
Thanks Everyone I will be getting my tooth pulled Monday I jest cant stand the pain any more I was up half of last night almost in tears it was so bad. I have been trying to eat and stay on plan. I had some tuna for lunch and when I was done I had the worst pain and it felt weird. I to the bathroom and checked and something must of burst cause blood was comming out the hole in my tooth . I rinsed with water till it was clear. The good thing is The major pain is gone I am still hurting but it not like what I have been having.

I added it up and to loose 30 pounds in 3 moths I need to loose 2.5 pounds a week and I have met this goal this week. I am at 265 now . I didnt work out today and will be taking it easy till I get over this tooth . I worked out yesturday and did the zumba and I could feel my pulse in my tooth and it made it hurt that much worst.

I will be checking in tomorrow and see how things are and hope I have a better night tonight.

pattygirl63
10-29-2011, 10:51 PM
Just checking in to say I had a pretty good day today. Headed to bed soon as I have to get oldest DGS to the church office at 7:30 am to help setup for church at the high school. Will probably stay up as I usually get up at that time to get ready for church.

Bonnie Glad you are going to get that tooth pulled. CONGRATULATIONS on the weight loss.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday.

Ruthxxx
10-30-2011, 08:02 AM
FBGL of 4.6 this morning. I'm hoping things are settling down. Now to tackle the weight - seriously!

Slmn, bread is definitely my downfall too, especially artisan-type bread like black olive and rosemary! (I hope you didn't get too buried in the white stuff!) Sweets are not usually a problem unless I have one. :shrug: Rie, even the sugarfree ones set off the "eat more" reaction - I am definitely a sugar addict and just should not have even one.

Patty, you are probably on the road right now with DGS. You're a good grandma!

Bonnie, so glad you are getting that darned tooth out on Monday! :cheer: I imagine the blood was from an abscess at the root which finally burst, relieving the pressure that was causing the pain.

Feeling a bit cruddy today, maybe from the week's "evils", so I am going to be extra nice to myself today with good healthy food, a treadmill session and maybe an afternoon nap. We have a three congregation Church service at 10:30 which I will attend but am going to skip the inevitable "lunch" and come home to my own turkey vegetable soup.

Riemontana
10-30-2011, 11:16 AM
Hello All

Well, I was really dumb last night and my fbs is at 115 this morning. I shudder to think what it was in the middle of the night. I actually drank to excess for the first time in over a year and then went out to breakfast at 2am. Good grief! I am going to try to be very clean this week to make up for the night's excess. I know that it doesn't work that way but I don't know what else to do.:(

Ruth, you will do well. Have a good day with being nice to yourself. I will try to join you.

Trish, have a great time at the church activities. You are a really good grandma.

Bonnie, I hope that the abscess rupturing will allow your pain to be better until you can get the tooth out. Ouch! It is not a good idea to excercise much when your body is fighting that infection.

Carol, Go Steelers! (or are they on a bye this week?)

Rie

Wannabehealthy
10-30-2011, 03:32 PM
Rie - The Steelers are playing today. They are playing New England at 4PM Eastern.

I would be thrilled if I could get a fbs of 115. My lowest is usually around 125. I think if you ate at 2AM then your AM reading would not be at the same time of the morning as it is when you normally eat your final meal of the day because you didn't fast as long as you normally do. When I do something like that my bs usually falls pretty quickly through the next day, as long as I keep my carbs to a minimum. You are getting to be quite the party girl. We are going to have to keep an eye on you!! LOL

Bonnie, I bet your can't wait til Monday to get that tooth pulled. That's terrible pain. Did it still hurt after the bleeding? Sometimes they won't pull a tooth that's abcessed. You have to get rid of some of the infection before they will pull it. I hope that is not the case for you.

pattygirl63
10-31-2011, 12:18 AM
Late flyby. My DGS did a really good job at the church. He not only helped set up, but he did all the screen projection for the music and sermon. I am very proud of him. FBS was 115 this morning. Really weird as it was 199 2 days ago and 169 yesterday. I think the stress has been making my bs wild. I probably blew it today with the Halloween candy I caved in and ate. Back OP tomorrow.

Catch y'all tomorrow.

Ruthxxx
10-31-2011, 08:02 AM
OP for me today too, Patty. BGL was OK at 4.3 but weight is up even more. I was nibbling pretzels last night so it must be salt. I'm hoping for a whoosh overnight because October weightloss was a complete disaster.

Thinking of you today, Bonnie, and hoping getting rid of that darned tooth brings you permanent relief.

Slm, I finally figured out you live in PA! I'm afraid I don't follow sports and have no idea who the Steelers are. Forgive me! I'm old and really feeling it today.

The blasted H. candy is all packed into bags,ready for tonight. I should have heat sealed the bags, rather than just zip-locked them though. My resistance muscle will get a real workout today. I do have a garbage bag ready for all the leftovers in case I don't get many kids.

Happy last day of the month. New thread tomorrow.

Butterfly50
10-31-2011, 11:33 AM
Hey Ladies when it ruptured the pain went away . It still aches here and their My hubby called some dentist and they want 150.00 to 200.00 Bucks to pull the tooth so waiting to see if we can get some more to cash to get it out.

I will let you all know how it goes. I wont have to worry about eating any candy thats for sure..

fatmad
10-31-2011, 11:35 AM
Hi everyone: thanks for your good wishes. I am still full of hives, they are slightly better this am, and they were pretty good on Thursday too, but got bad again. I am not taking meds right now, since the metformin is time released, and maybe that is why they take so long to fade. I am going to do some calorie counting for a few days, as I am avoiding so many foods its just not possible to be low carb for now.
I think tomatoes, esp canned tomatoes may be a problem, ditto wheat and corn, and dairy. Anything with even a smidge of citric acid I am staying away from. Today made quick oats with soy milk and raisins, with splenda. Probably should have avoided the raisins, but I did measure them out.
Plan is to be active today, am off work for a couple of weeks, so plan to have daily exercise (no excuses) and be careful with food. I see doc tomorrow about the hives, so hope to get an appointment with an allergist asap.
I am happy to hear about everyone, and hello to our newbies!
ttfn, see you soon

Riemontana
10-31-2011, 11:52 AM
Hello All!

fbs is back under control this morning at 86, the same as the bedtime reading last night. I realized that we are out of apples this morning so I had oatmeal with a little pb2 for breakfast. Not as good! I am such a creature of habit!

I really wanted to wear my costume today and play with the kids at work but alas, I have a meeting with the county commissioners this afternoon. Sometimes I really hate being a grown up!;)

Fatmad, I am glad to hear from you. We have been thinking about you and hoping for your recovery. Did we pass your birthday? Good luck at the dr.

Bonnie, :hug: is there a dental clinic or dental school anywhere near you? I am glad that the tooth hurts less but it could seal up at any time and get really painful again. It is a good idea to also rinse with warm saltwater (1/2tsp per cup) several times per day. Hang in there

Ruth, good luck with that resistance muscle. I am saving calories at breakfast and lunch so I can have a reeces peanut butter cup. Hands down, my favorite!Actually, I might make my own with a square of very dark chocolate and a little smear of peanut butter. Probably taste even better!

Trish, cool on the gs doing so well at church. Yes, I think that stress has a huge impact on sugar.

Carol, yesterday was NOT a good day for this cowboys fan. :( Thanks for the encouragement about my party lapse.

BBL

Rie

suttercm
10-31-2011, 02:13 PM
Hi All. Had a great weekend - very productive. Mentally I feel good about all I accomplished, physically I ache all over!

Did not even buy any Halloween candy. We get very few kids at the door, so I think we will just turn out the light and call it a night.

Hope everyone has a Spooktacular day!

Connie S

Butterfly50
10-31-2011, 03:33 PM
Hey Jest wanted to say that my hubby jest called a friend of his that is getting over having cancer in the gums gave him the 175$ for me to go to the dentist. My appoitment is wednesday at 10 . Will be so glad to have it taken care of.

Rie I try to rinse with some listerine several times a day to keep the bacteria down.

pattygirl63
10-31-2011, 11:51 PM
Bonnie - So glad you are going to be able to get the tooth taken care of.

Had a busy, but good day. Hope everyone else did too.
Catch y'all in November chat!!!

Goodnight.

Ruthxxx
11-01-2011, 06:43 AM
Here's the new chat thread. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diabetes-support/246260-november-chat.html#post4091709) Come on over!