Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 01:57 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 9/28

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 09-28-2011, 06:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 298.8/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Good morning all! Today is a chilli sunny morning in New Brunswick. I WI today and not sure how it will go. Have the big. "C". Feeling really bloated. But this is WI#3 this is usually where everyone hits a bump or slow loss. Kids have picture day today at school, I'm trying to get my 10 year old daughter to leave her hair down, it looks so nice that way. She is a tomboy and wears it in a ponytail everyday. She says she'll take it down for her pic but we'll see.

I hope everyone has a great day OP and with WI today!
Old 09-28-2011, 08:02 AM   #3  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Hi Alexanandlismom, Hope your WI goes well today..and that you get your daughter to keep her hair down! We have picture days this morning also at my school and I am trying to chose something photogenic for my staff picture.
Senna helps with the big C.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:03 AM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

Bummed out! I will be the first to tell you I'm not eating enough. As I said yesterday, I am just not hungry! I bet I could count on 1 hand the amount of times I've had veggies with my meals in the past week. I think I'm doing more harm than good and need to fix this!

Here is yesterday's eating:
7: shake/coffee
12: shake & a pickle
4:30: fried eggs (I had to be somewhere at 5 so I had to eat early)
7:30: bar
I also had 115oz of water and 1 propel zero.

This morning I am back up. Up .4 from yesterday to be exact. That means I am 1.4 up from last week's weigh in. I have not cheated once. Not one tiny thing. Like I said, I am probably not eating enough. But, how can this cause a gain? Wouldn't it be more likely to stall me? I'm so confused.

I have my veggies with and will eat them with my shake, while the rest of my coworkers eat pizza today provided by the company, and I will eat them with dinner too but I don't want to. It's not that I'm sick of them. I just don't feel the need to eat and sometimes would rather just drink my shake and be done with it.

I have a feeling tomorrow will result in a gain and I'm not sure how I'll handle it. I really wanted to get to 40 this week and there is NO reason I didn't.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:08 AM   #5  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Bummed out! I will be the first to tell you I'm not eating enough. As I said yesterday, I am just not hungry! I bet I could count on 1 hand the amount of times I've had veggies with my meals in the past week. I think I'm doing more harm than good and need to fix this!

This morning I am back up. Up .4 from yesterday to be exact. That means I am 1.4 up from last week's weigh in. I have not cheated once. Not one tiny thing. Like I said, I am probably not eating enough. But, how can this cause a gain? Wouldn't it be more likely to stall me? I'm so confused.

I have my veggies with and will eat them with my shake, while the rest of my coworkers eat pizza today provided by the company, and I will eat them with dinner too but I don't want to. It's not that I'm sick of them. I just don't feel the need to eat and sometimes would rather just drink my shake and be done with it.

I have a feeling tomorrow will result in a gain and I'm not sure how I'll handle it. I really wanted to get to 40 this week and there is NO reason I didn't.
Hello there,

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, and hopefully you'll get your appetite back.

Here is a trick to get your 2 cups of veggies without a huge effort: boil some vegetables the night before, drain them and mash them with a soup envelope (without adding too much water) this way you'll eat your protein and veggies as one dish, it would be kind of like a mashed potatoes. This is what I usually do for my lunch, hope it would work for you.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:31 AM   #6  
Maile

Quote:

I am sorry you are having a rough time while staying OP. I can't explain why you might go up..but I do know that eventually staying Op will lead to going down. One of the hardest parts of losing weight is when the scale goes up for No good reason..Just keep telling yourself to hold on..It will go down for a very good reason soon!
Are you eating lettuce besides the veges? I am wondering if getting all of the lettuce and veges would increase your fiber, which might help with the weight loss.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:35 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
I am sorry you are having a rough time while staying OP. I can't explain why you might go up..but I do know that eventually staying Op will lead to going down. One of the hardest parts of losing weight is when the scale goes up for No good reason..Just keep telling yourself to hold on..It will go down for a very good reason soon!
Are you eating lettuce besides the veges? I am wondering if getting all of the lettuce and veges would increase your fiber, which might help with the weight loss.
I haven't eaten lettuce in months! I was doing just fine without it. I haven't really gone to the bathroom but I figured it was because I wasn't eating much. I was worried about the salt in the pickle yesterday but I figured all that water I drank would cancel that out. I'm lost. I understand it will eventually come off but it's frustrating in the moment I guess.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:37 AM   #8  
Maile

Good morning..Thanks so much for the support about the speech. It is so nice to be able to share something with people here who will understand my feelings. It was a Preventing Diabetes class..and it involves an exercise Boot Camp. Basically you go to the class and then weigh in when you exercise.

Lauren posted a cauliflower pizza crust..like WUVs.. It looks OP for Phase 1 dinner.. The crust is 1 egg, 1/4 c egg whites, 1/2 c cooked cauliflower, pinches of garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, cayenne and pepper. You cook it like an omelette on both sides. Here is is the link. Thanks, Lauren.
http://kountrywheyidealprotein.com/g...uliflower.html

Off for walk. Have a great day.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:38 AM   #9  
Maile

Quote:
I haven't eaten lettuce in months! I was doing just fine without it. I haven't really gone to the bathroom but I figured it was because I wasn't eating much. I was worried about the salt in the pickle yesterday but I figured all that water I drank would cancel that out. I'm lost. I understand it will eventually come off but it's frustrating in the moment I guess.
It is extremely frustrating!!!!!! It could be water retention. Hope your day goes well..
Old 09-28-2011, 08:39 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

ItsAboutTime:

Caount your lucky stars, I have had the problem of the scale going up or not moving since the very beginning, with NO cheats. I know just look at the overall picture, I have lost 22 lbs in 3 months. It can not be "real" weight gain based on the amount of calories we are eating, so it is more likely H2O or a "back-up" issue. lol. You have done sooooo well, and you have to expect a slow-down and stahls as you approach a healthy weight. Keep up the good work and eat those veggies.
I agree with mashing veggies, I steam broccoli and add it to the broccoli soup with tons of garlic granules, sea salt & black pepper and it is so good. Don't know if you have found any alternative soups or not.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:00 AM   #11  

Quote:

REally, not following the protocol exactly is working against you!! You need those veggies,lettuce, everything. You need the calories so your body doesn't go into starvation mode. People on a long fast lose their hunger too, but they are starving. Please take care. I actually at more calories on purpose this week, still within the protocol. You ate very few calories. Did you get your oil in?

Last edited by sandyh50; 09-28-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:04 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:

Okay missy, you know what you need to do...eat your veggies!!
Have you been working out? a brisk 30 minute walk might make you hungry.
also, I have been eating spinach a lot the past week and a half. I measure my 2 cups and cook it down. As you know spinach shrinks to hardly anything. try eating more cooked spinach at lunch and or dinner? or try snacking on sliced raw zucchini throughout the day with salt.
Right now since you aren't eating much during the day your body is in starvation mode and holding on to what you do give it in fear you won't feed it again. that's why it's a gain.
I remember you saying sometimes you only eat half the bar. you should eat the whole thing! and I know some people eat their restricteds at night. If you are one of them, try to have it earlier in the day. might help your loss.

Being a woman is lovely isn't it? trying to figure out what our body and metabolism likes and dislikes.

i personally am bad about eating breakfast. I get up, start drinking my coffee at work, and now it's 9am and I STILL haven't had my morning IP packet...
that's probably not good for my losses.

Hang in there! Here's some Broccoli for you ...
Old 09-28-2011, 09:07 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Good morning..Thanks so much for the support about the speech. It is so nice to be able to share something with people here who will understand my feelings. It was a Preventing Diabetes class..and it involves an exercise Boot Camp. Basically you go to the class and then weigh in when you exercise.

Lauren posted a cauliflower pizza crust..like WUVs.. It looks OP for Phase 1 dinner.. The crust is 1 egg, 1/4 c egg whites, 1/2 c cooked cauliflower, pinches of garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, cayenne and pepper. You cook it like an omelette on both sides. Here is is the link. Thanks, Lauren.
http://kountrywheyidealprotein.com/g...uliflower.html

Off for walk. Have a great day.
No problem. I want to try it next week. It will be sad without cheese, but I think we can all handle it by now. with our salt and pepper and some italian herbs seasoning I think we won't miss the cheese.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:08 AM   #14  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
big
So sorry you are going through this especially since you have been doing so well "hot momma" Have you been eating basically the same veggies the whole time? Perhaps switching up your veggies a bit will help get you over the not wanting to eat them. I couldn't look at cucumbers for the longest time because they were my go to veg for quite a while.

Sandy: So sorry I didn't get back to you last night regarding moving on to Phase 2. I'm just feeling its time to switch things up for me. I'm not comfortable with the fact that I'm not thinking about what I'm eating which is what got me to 206 to begin with. I'll give it the month of October, if I haven't lost anymore weight then I may switch back to Phase 1 or just continue to phase off until March or so and try again. I don't really know what the plan is at this point, it's kind of an exercise in being present and not over thinking everything. Plus the fact that I'll soon be running out of nice weather to go walking in and I'll need to start doing workouts indoors so I'll be needing more protein.

Have a great OP day everyone!!
Old 09-28-2011, 09:12 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
REally, not following the protocol exactly is working against you!! You need those veggies,lettuce, everything. You need the calories so your body doesn't go into starvation mode. People on a long fast lose their hunger too, but they are starving. Please take care. I actually at more calories on purpose this week, still within the protocol. You ate very few calories. Did you get your oil in?
Nope.
Closed Thread