Mini-Goals - Finally broke 300! First time in almost 20 years

kaplods
09-27-2011, 10:49 PM
I'm so excited! I finally broke 300 lbs for the first time in 19 years (and even that was only a few months for a friend's wedding).

It's been almost 25 years since being under 300 lbs was normal, and my lowest adult (post 18) weight was 225 lbs.

I also won "biggest loser" tonight at my TOPS (taking off pounds sensibly).

So it's been an awesome day.

luckymommy
09-27-2011, 11:16 PM
Yay Kaplods!!!! Woohoooo!!!! What a tremendous accomplishment and how awesome that all of this success was underscored with your biggest loser win! Way to go!!!!

indiblue
09-27-2011, 11:34 PM
CONGRATS!!!!

You seem to have lost the last few lbs quickly right?? I remember you at 304 for a bit and then whoosh... out of the 300s in no time.

So big congrats and kuods... and here's to many more victory posts like this from you in the near future ^_^

penmage
09-28-2011, 12:03 AM
CONGRATS!!! :carrot:

sontaikle
09-28-2011, 12:31 AM
Congrats on the milestone and for having an awesome day! :cheer:

moonkissed
09-28-2011, 12:50 AM
Congrats! That is amazing :carrot: :hug:

juliana77
09-28-2011, 12:59 AM
Fantastic!!! I am so happy for you!! You are absolutely an inspiration to so many of us around here.

wuv2bloved
09-28-2011, 01:00 AM
Congrats!!....I have 8 more lbs then I will be right there with you. We are the same age except I was born in Feb of 66. My son turned 20yrs old today. When I delivered him I was at 297!!

kaplods
09-28-2011, 01:19 AM
CONGRATS!!!!

You seem to have lost the last few lbs quickly right?? I remember you at 304 for a bit and then whoosh... out of the 300s in no time.

So big congrats and kuods... and here's to many more victory posts like this from you in the near future ^_^

Yeah, my speed is definitely improving. There are a couple reasons, including medication changes and choosing to restrict carbs a little further, but I think the biggest change has been my activity level. It's still sedentary, but it's significantly less slug-like.

KD1234
09-28-2011, 01:22 AM
Congrats :D

Bamber33
09-28-2011, 03:24 AM
Woo hoo!! Yay!! :)

SammyPajammy
09-28-2011, 03:48 AM
Well done!,

Lovely
09-28-2011, 05:41 AM
:yay: HURRAY! :yay:

I honestly don't think there's a word exuberant enough to choose that could describe just how happy I am reading this! Just... wow!

:cp: Your commitment is inspiring to me on a daily basis. :)

CyndiM
09-28-2011, 05:58 AM
Congratulations Kaplods!

Soft Speaker
09-28-2011, 07:36 AM
Wow that's great! :D You must feel awesome!!

:bravo:

Heather
09-28-2011, 08:04 AM
Fantastic news! I'm really happy for you!!!!

yoyoma
09-28-2011, 08:36 AM
Woohoo!!! You are such an inspiration and so generous with your time and wisdom. You deserve all the best! Congratulations!!!

:carrot::cp::cb:

Ruthxxx
09-28-2011, 09:44 AM
Sp pleased to read this today! I know it's been a long hard road. :cheers:

Slimmer Down Now
09-28-2011, 09:48 AM
Way to go!!!! What an achievement!! Remember this moment as you push forward and celebrate!! :)

jomatho
09-28-2011, 10:04 AM
That's fantastic! :woohoo:

runningfromfat
09-28-2011, 01:49 PM
That's incredible! Congratulations on your victory! I'm glad both that you've found what works for you in terms of meds/food and also that you've been able to move more. That's a lot of victories at once!!!

InsideMe
09-28-2011, 01:56 PM
WAHOOOOO!!! That's amazing! :cheer: You are such an inspiration to see that already you have lost 95lbs! YOU GO! I am so proud of your hard work, say goodbye to the 300's FOREVERRRRRRR see ya! :cheer: Yeahhhhhh Congrats!

free1
09-28-2011, 01:58 PM
YEAH and a huge CONGRATS!!!! The work you've done is amazing. 95 pounds leaves me speechless. Treat yourself to something fun! When I lose 95 pounds I plan to go an insane shopping spree (jewelry and all) :) Here's to you and your dedication.....

Sunshine73
09-28-2011, 02:00 PM
YAY!!! WhooHOOO!! And all kinds of happy dances!!! What an amazing accomplishment!!!

2sw33t
09-28-2011, 02:05 PM
Congrats! You've worked so hard and long for this! You're awesome!

dietcokehead98
09-28-2011, 03:31 PM
No small feat....and it's fantastic! Keep up the good work!

shcirerf
09-28-2011, 03:50 PM
:carrot::bravo::hat::dance::dance::dance::dancer:: flow1::high::cheer3::cheer2::congrat::broc::cheer: :belly:

obesa50
09-28-2011, 03:55 PM
Congratulations!!! You are beautiful!! Keep us posted on your phenomenal weight loss!!

JustLorna
09-28-2011, 04:04 PM
That is so awesome!!!!! Congrats!

time2lose
09-28-2011, 04:48 PM
Congratulations!!!!!

nanic06
09-28-2011, 05:00 PM
Congrats! :carrot:

kaplods
09-28-2011, 08:26 PM
Thanks everyone.

I'm really excited. I decided that I was going to buy a charm for every 5 lbs I've lost (I thought of this before, and then sort of forgot about it).

But then recently I found some cheap versions of Pandora-like jewelery beads and charms on etsy, and then even cheaper ones at JoAnn fabric, I've decided to start fresh with the Pandora style (I'm almost caught up to the 19 bead to represent each of the 5 lbs. I have 16 beads).

The JoAnn Fabric line is the best deal I've found. The bracelets run about $4, the necklace, $6.50, and the beads and charms come on a card of 5 beads for $5-$6.

I bought a necklace, but it's a little short, I think I like the bracelets better, so I want to get another bracelet.

I love wearing it, because it reminds me all day of the weight I've lost.

I thought of changing my plan from 5 lbs to 10 lbs per bead, but I look forward to buying the charm so much, that I decided to keep it at 5 - even though that means that if I make it to goal weight, I'll have almost 50 beads/charms.

I may even celebrate maintenance with the beads and charms (maybe a bead for every month I'm in leeway of my goal weight which for TOPS I believe is between 3 lbs over and 4 lbs under goal weight).

I'm also celebrating my 95 lbs loss, with home hair coloring (light auburn, I think) and when I've lost 100 lbs, I'm getting my ears repierced (I have my ears double pierced but the lower hole on one ear, and the upper hole in another have closed).

MsTiffneyLamont
09-28-2011, 09:49 PM
Congrats!

wuv2bloved
09-28-2011, 10:05 PM
Thanks everyone.

I'm really excited. I decided that I was going to buy a charm for every 5 lbs I've lost (I thought of this before, and then sort of forgot about it).

But then recently I found some cheap versions of Pandora-like jewelery beads and charms on etsy, and then even cheaper ones at JoAnn fabric, I've decided to start fresh with the Pandora style (I'm almost caught up to the 19 bead to represent each of the 5 lbs. I have 16 beads).

The JoAnn Fabric line is the best deal I've found. The bracelets run about $4, the necklace, $6.50, and the beads and charms come on a card of 5 beads for $5-$6.

I bought a necklace, but it's a little short, I think I like the bracelets better, so I want to get another bracelet.

I love wearing it, because it reminds me all day of the weight I've lost.

I thought of changing my plan from 5 lbs to 10 lbs per bead, but I look forward to buying the charm so much, that I decided to keep it at 5 - even though that means that if I make it to goal weight, I'll have almost 50 beads/charms.

I may even celebrate maintenance with the beads and charms (maybe a bead for every month I'm in leeway of my goal weight which for TOPS I believe is between 3 lbs over and 4 lbs under goal weight).

I'm also celebrating my 95 lbs loss, with home hair coloring (light auburn, I think) and when I've lost 100 lbs, I'm getting my ears repierced (I have my ears double pierced but the lower hole on one ear, and the upper hole in another have closed).

This is the same idea I have, I bought my bracelet for the first 10lbs and kept adding I know have 7 charms. If you have a Micheal's craft store they have them there as well. I bought a packet with 6 charms for $2.50. Great job btw!

icandothis2
09-29-2011, 12:13 AM
Yea thats awesome! You must feel so good about that congrats to you....

kaplods
09-29-2011, 12:51 AM
This is the same idea I have, I bought my bracelet for the first 10lbs and kept adding I know have 7 charms. If you have a Micheal's craft store they have them there as well. I bought a packet with 6 charms for $2.50. Great job btw!

Oooh, Thanks for the tip (and the encouragement).

milmin2043
09-29-2011, 12:56 AM
Congratulations kaplods!

I have to say that you have been such a help to me in my own weightloss journey. I so enjoy reading your posts. They are a wealth of information, but more so, they have helped me to see things in a much different way. I know that many of the people here feel the same way.

I am very happy for you.

April Snow
09-29-2011, 07:46 AM
congrats, that is fantastic!! and enjoy your charms, you have EARNED them!! lol!

blueice10
09-29-2011, 01:46 PM
Congratulations! You are a inspiration to many around here. I know you greatly inspire me. I have been waiting to see you go below 300! If anyone deserves to celebrate it is you! Super congratulations! I know you will keep up the awesome work!:bravo::cb::goodvibes:yes::yes:

Belega
09-29-2011, 04:53 PM
Gongrats!!

I've just started my journey and you are truly an inspiration. :)

Judy Lynn
09-30-2011, 12:02 PM
WTG Kaplods! :carrot:

I love the charm bracelet idea.

booskibabe
09-30-2011, 03:47 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :hug: I suppose I should confess that I'm a kaplods stalker, LOL. Your posts are always so insightful. I'm extremely happy for you, you're on a roll! :carrot:

Regera Dowdy
09-30-2011, 10:18 PM
That is fantastic, kaplods! :cb:

I just wanted to say that, for me, you're one of the most inspirational posters here both because of your story and because of the wisdom you give to others.

cherrypie
09-30-2011, 10:35 PM
I like the bracelet idea

tea2
09-30-2011, 11:02 PM
OOOOOoooo! I am SOOOOOOOOOO happy for you! Doing the happy dance! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot: Your posts are so inspiring!:D:D

Lexxiss
09-30-2011, 11:17 PM
Congratulations!

kaplods
10-01-2011, 02:30 PM
Thanks everyone.

I'm up a tiny bit to 300.2, but I'm not discouraged by it, because I know that'sa normal fluctuation for me (I'm currently sick with a sore throat and muscle aches and TOM isn't over yet). Both illness and TOM tends to add a few pounds of water retention, so I'm hoping that (as usual) I'll see a couple pound drop in a few days.

Because I can gain up to 10 lbs with TOM (usually 6-8), I know that until I get under 290, I might see an occasional 300+ on the scale. In the past, those normal fluctuations would have driven me nuts (or worse, off the diet).

I'm so grateful for the support here and in my TOPS group. For me, support is vital. I can't do this on my own, and that's ok, because I don't have to.

Thanks everyone.

chickadee32
10-03-2011, 02:02 AM
kaplods, I've been watching your ticker, and tonight when I saw one of your posts and saw your ticker at 299 I was so excited! Congratulations on the huge milestone! :carrot:

Karen925
10-03-2011, 05:46 PM
Kaplods-
Awesome, awesome job:carrot::carrot::carrot:

I value your thoughts and the care with which you express them greatly! You are a big part of my continued success and health filled life.:hug:

Riddy
10-03-2011, 09:21 PM
Congratulations!!!! :yay::yay::yay: That is so exciting for you!

I love reading your posts - you seem to always put a lot of thought into them. And I prefer the term "Kaplods Admirer" :o

Keep it up, girl! You can do it!

booskibabe
10-03-2011, 09:53 PM
@Riddy - Yes, "Kaplods Admirer" sounds much better than stalker, lol. @Kaplods - Forgot to mention, I LOVE the bracelet idea! I've been wanting to make a charm bracelet for awhile, now I have a reason to start.

liliesinmycereal
10-04-2011, 07:46 AM
Congrats!! You are such an inspiring person!! :D

rachaelm
10-06-2011, 11:27 AM
How did I miss this???!!!

Wow, way to go! You are such an inspiration to so many people, including me!

I love your posts.

jillnicole03
10-06-2011, 12:11 PM
Great job!!!!

saabio
10-06-2011, 08:11 PM
wooo hoo! Congrats! You should be super proud of yourself

kaplods
10-07-2011, 12:29 AM
Thanks everyone, the encouragement has been really very heartwarming and motivating.

Oh and I'm back under 300 again. In fact, now I'm at 298. Only 4 lbs until I've got 100 lbs lost.

I can't believe it. The most I've ever lost in the past was 70 lbs (and that was as a teenager on a strong prescription stimulant appetite suppressant and Weight Watchers, and seeing my doctor initially twice a month and then once a month). I lost about 60 lbs twice. Once on Nutri-System, and once through TOPS after herniating a disc (to hopefully avoid back surgery - I was successful, but then regained the weight after the disc healed).

I know regain will occur if I give up any of my new habits (which is why I was so determined not to make changes I had no interest in making permanent).

It's sad-funny how easy it's been this time. I know I'm working harder than I ever have, but I made the changes so gradually that it seems as though I've made no effort at all.

jessica2231
10-07-2011, 09:20 AM
great job!!!!!

jomatho
10-07-2011, 09:53 AM
Kaplods, I think you should write a book. You have a way with writing, you have a common sense approach to weight loss, and you have a way of drawing people in. I think a lot of people could benefit from and relate to what you have to say.

Congrats again!

rainbowsmiles
10-09-2011, 10:11 PM
yeah!!!! so excited for you :) way to go!!!

WinterCricket
10-11-2011, 06:52 AM
:carrot: Amazing Job! I can relate to that feeling of getting under 300 and it just paves the way to giving it your all. Your very inspirational :)

Melfuchsia
10-11-2011, 11:17 AM
Congrats! I just weighed under 300 myself... Can't wait to be under 200! :)

JOLINA
10-11-2011, 01:02 PM
:celebrate: :congrat: :celebrate:

WOW KAPLODS! :belly:
You Are Truly Amazing!
:cloud9:

Ryler832
10-11-2011, 01:15 PM
Congratulations on hitting the 300s! What a big achievement!

OhThePlaces
10-11-2011, 01:30 PM
:hug: Congrats!!

kaplods
10-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Thank you everyone! I'm really excited to see my efforts and my results "snowballing."

I'm a little discouraged by my response to the recent weather changes (lots of pain and memory/concentration issues).

Even though my doctors have told me that I can't count on it, and despite evidence to the contrary, I still want to believe that my fibromyalgia will disappear if I'm able to lose the weight and/or become more active.

That hasn't been the case. Any dramatic physical or environmental change, wreaks havoc on my health. It's as if my body no longer copes well with drastic change - whether the change is positive or negative.

It's one of the reasons that I have been (as I call it) "dieting backwards." I've made teeny-tiny gradual, slow changes, because rapid changes backfire on me, triggering severe flares of the fibro symptoms (and osteoarthritis).

For the past six weeks, hubby and I have been going to the gym 3 times a week. I take it really slow on the treadmill or in the pool, and have been able to slowly, but steadily increase my time at the gym.

The progress inspired us to join our YMCA's "Passport to Fitness" program. They gave us a paper "passport" folder, lising 3 choices of exercise listed under 12 "countries." To "visit" a country you have to spend 30 minutes doing one of the exercises for at least 30 minutes (if there were intensity requirements, I wouldn't be able to do it).

So during the month of October, we have to try 12 different exercises, from at least 6 different countries. Of the 36 exercise options, about half are way beyond our abilities (climbing wall - with our joint damage - never going to happen).

If it weren't for the water exercise and walking options, I don't think I'd be able to participate.

As it is, it's going to be tough for hubby and I to meet all the requirements, but if we do, we get a hooded sweatshirt.

I've never wanted a prize so badly in my life.

But I have to be careful not to drive the fibro into overdrive by over-exerting myself. And Fall is kicking my butt (hubby's too). We wake up so sore and stiff that just getting out of bed is a challenge.

We've considered moving to a milder, more consistent climate - but we don't want to leave family and friends - and most of the locations that fit our needs are either extremely expensive, or outside the country.

On the plus side - I've lost another lb. Down to 297.2 - only three more pounds and I will have lost a full 100 lbs.

Even though it's taken almost 7 years, it still doesn't seem possible. Especially since I'm not feeling horrendously deprived or discouraged.

candice1022
10-12-2011, 10:31 PM
congratulations and keep up the great work... and yes the more you lose the more energy and less slugish you will feel making it easier for you to work out and whatnot... so keep pluggin away youll meet your goal in no time!

wuv2bloved
10-31-2011, 07:15 PM
Kaplod, I thought I would share with you what my bracelet looks like, I buy a new one for every 10lbs...I have 93 lbs gone now...we are kinda neck and neck :)

Liliann
10-31-2011, 09:03 PM
:bravo:

kaplods
10-31-2011, 10:41 PM
Kaplod, I thought I would share with you what my bracelet looks like, I buy a new one for every 10lbs...I have 93 lbs gone now...we are kinda neck and neck :)

It's fun to have a weight loss "twin." Though at my rate of loss, we won't be twins very long, but that's ok!

Oooh, pretty! I'll have to photograph mine to show off. My beads don't all fit on one bracelet because each represents 5 lbs instead of 10.

I have thought of swithching to a 10 lb system (taking away half the beads, and adding them back when I've earned them, the "new" way), but it takes me so long to lose the weight, that I can barely wait for 5 lbs to come off as it is (and buying one for every pound, would just be silly - at least for the woman who rarely wears jewelry).

Although now that I can find them for less than $1 a bead, it almost is tempting to buy one per pound.

Sunshine Discount Crafts, sells the glass beads and metal charm and spacer beads on a 9-bead card for $6.99, and a 5-bead card for $3.99, and individual beads for $1.49. The shipping drives the cost up, of course - but I buy craft supplies from them anyway. They also have some neat alternatives to bracelets and necklaces to showcase the beads, pendants, keychains and earings.

I've thought of buying beads in advance, and not considering them "mine" until I "earn" the bead and can put it on my bracelet or necklace. But part of the fun of anticipating the weight loss, is thinking about what kind of bead I want to purchase next.

wuv2bloved
11-01-2011, 12:43 AM
It's fun to have a weight loss "twin." Though at my rate of loss, we won't be twins very long, but that's ok!

Oooh, pretty! I'll have to photograph mine to show off. My beads don't all fit on one bracelet because each represents 5 lbs instead of 10.

I have thought of swithching to a 10 lb system (taking away half the beads, and adding them back when I've earned them, the "new" way), but it takes me so long to lose the weight, that I can barely wait for 5 lbs to come off as it is (and buying one for every pound, would just be silly - at least for the woman who rarely wears jewelry).

Although now that I can find them for less than $1 a bead, it almost is tempting to buy one per pound.

Sunshine Discount Crafts, sells the glass beads and metal charm and spacer beads on a 9-bead card for $6.99, and a 5-bead card for $3.99, and individual beads for $1.49. The shipping drives the cost up, of course - but I buy craft supplies from them anyway. They also have some neat alternatives to bracelets and necklaces to showcase the beads, pendants, keychains and earings.

I've thought of buying beads in advance, and not considering them "mine" until I "earn" the bead and can put it on my bracelet or necklace. But part of the fun of anticipating the weight loss, is thinking about what kind of bead I want to purchase next.

My butterfly was my FIRST 10lbs its sterling silver, Its the only "REAL" panadra,the glass beads I got on a card of 4 for $5.00. My next "REAL"one will by my 100lb mark...I WI on Wednesday so I will see how close I am then :)

Riddy
11-04-2011, 11:00 PM
I'm doing the charm bracelet thing, too. I'm buying Pandora, Chamilia, and Tara's Diary beads, whatever catches my eye, but I only get one every 25 pounds. I'd go broke on beads buying those every 5 or 10 pounds! :dizzy:

I haven't picked out my 75 pound bead yet, but I've already decided on my 100 pound bead. It's going to be a letter C - because C is the Roman numeral for 100. Clever, huh? ;)

southernbelle102
11-04-2011, 11:33 PM
Congratulations!!!!