Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-27-2011, 03:47 PM   #1  

Height: 5'2''

Smile Need HELP dieting!

Hi! My name is Amanda. I am here because I am having a lot of trouble sticking to a diet and seeing results. It might be because I am impatient, and it also might be because I do not have that great of will power. I get on a kick, but it never lasts, and then I feel like I end up putting MORE weight on then from when I started dieting.

Back in 2008-9 I lost around 30 pounds on weight watchers, and I felt amazing. However, the new points system doesn't seem to work as well, plus, I was living at home with my parents then, and I was doing it with my mom which helped a lot to keep me on track.

Anyways, now I am almost back up to what I was before I lost that 30 pounds. I really need to down to the 120s at least, especially because I am very short.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know! I appreciate your help! <3
aroseallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 244 / 178 / 190 w/ muscle

Height: 5'11

I've never had any luck with weight watchers, or know anyone whose kept the weight off that they lost from it.

Is it just a nutrition plan you're searching for? Or would you like to workout as well?
Wayne W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:43 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC

I'm a WW member, and I have known people who've kept the weight off using both the old Points system and PointsPlus.

Not to say that it's the right plan for everyone, but it's a very healthy and nutritious plan if you follow it and stick with it properly.

I'm curious, when you say it doesn't work as well, have you gone to meetings and tried it out? If you can't be there in person with your mom, then maybe regular phone calls will help you stay in touch and help support eachother.

If you really aren't interested in PointsPlus, there's always the option of using the materials for the Old Points plan and simply following it that way. There's even a support area for that on 3FC underneath the Weight Watchers section.

There's no real secret to weight loss. If you want to lose weight, and keep it off, you have to make permanent changes. Can't go "off the diet". Do something that you know you can stick with. Doesn't have to be a big thing to start, but it does have to be thought of as building a new habit for life.

If you're looking to see what others are doing, you can skim over the Diet Central area.

You'll find what works for you! You can do it

Last edited by Lovely; 09-27-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:23 PM   #4  

Height: 5'2''

I started up again and It's working! I've lost 4 pounds already! I guess I just need to be patient!
aroseallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:34 PM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroseallen View Post
I started up again and It's working! I've lost 4 pounds already! I guess I just need to be patient!
Congratulations on those 4 pounds! Weight loss does take patience. Keep at it. You'll see results.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:32 AM   #6  
Run, run, run!

S/C/G: 204/160/???

Height: 5'4"

It might also help to not think of it as a 'diet'...'diet' implies short term. To really see results and to live the benefits of healthy eating and regular exercise you make it a part of your life. Forever.

I've been off and on WW a few times and it works, if you work it. But there are people who gain the weight back and my theory as to why this happens (and can happen with any program) is that they stop tracking and didn't really change. My mom is one of these people. She lost a significant amount of weight on WW and reached goal and lifetime, but she did this without exercising (a must IMO) and without really changing her eating habits. She just worked the things she enjoys eating (candy, chips, fried foods, convenience foods, etc...you know the stuff!) into the WW plan. This is the beauty and the downfall of WW. You can eat anything. You just watch the portions. At my meetings they always start out asking if anyone found any great low point foods this week and without fail a number of members will talk about chemical loaded low fat ice cream bars, fat free, but loaded with salt and sweetner dressings, and other highly processed, full of artificial ingredients stuff that has low points. It has low points, but it's also garbage. Spend more points and have something good for your body that will fill you up and give you energy!

IMO a combination of the core plan and points tracking is a much healthier way of eating. Eating food that is as close to its natural state, watching portion sizes, getting a good balance of carbs, protein, and fat and meeting the good health guidelines is the way to go. After a few weeks you won't even miss that sugary, salty, greasy food you currently crave.
PrairieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:12 AM   #7  
Cristina

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Congratulations on your 4lb lose thats great!!

One day at a time, you can do this!!!!

Cristina
powerfullme is offline   Reply With Quote