Old 09-26-2011, 01:20 PM   #1  

Default "Falling Off The Wagon"... Help, Tips?

So, last week was a complete and total disaster. Every day- Monday through Sunday, was a giant dieting nightmare. See, I have been planning my 4 year old's Spongebob themed birthday party for a couple months, and the last week before the party I just decided I really needed to come home from work and get things done- I needed to take a break from the gym for once. I think that was the first mistake, because it all went downhill from there. My old eating habits snuck back up on me... pizza for dinner one night, McDonalds grilled chicken club for lunch (thats not the worst I could have gotten I know, but I can't tell you the last time I'd had a sandwich from a fast food place before that day!) and so on. Add to it the fact that I made from scratch 4 dozen cupcakes with homemade buttercream icing... yum... and you get the point. My issue is that over the course of last week, I've gained back about 4 pounds!!!! and now that its a new week, I would really like to start fresh- but I am so depressed about my "week of weakness" that I am having trouble finding my motivation again- even though I KNOW I only have about 4 weeks before wedding dress shopping! yikes!!! do you have stories about times you've "fallen off the wagon"? How did you find your way back on plan?
lili8184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:44 PM   #2  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

I am experiencing this right now... Went on vacation with my in-laws on a houseboat, EVERYTHING they eat is sugary/creamy/fried... Delicious ;-) but I came back with a 5 lb. Gain! The first day back I had a HARD time... I was depressed and wanted to just give up. The next day I got up and FORCED myself to get a really good workout in and eat extra clean. I didn't starve myself, just tried to be SUPER careful... It took about three days of really pushing myself, but now it's been a week and I can't tell you how much better I feel... Just hang in there! I know it's tough but you can do it
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:59 PM   #3  
fake it till you make IT!

S/C/G: 312/264/199

Height: 5'6

WOW we are in the same boat honey bunches! Last Friday I was on cloud 9, I weighed myself & was 239, a HUGE milestone for me bc just last year I was tipping the scales at 300. SO I was feeling great, went & bought myself a new pair of leggings and cute top, went to see Lion King (hehehe) & went out to dinner, spliting my meal with my boyfriend & the next morning I was down another .2 lbs! I was feeling awesome! But what happened the next day I cant tell ya! On Saturday I just decided I'll have a little treat, that treat turned in Sunday getting bagels, extra cream in my coffee, a donut..etc... Weighed Monday morning & gained 3 lbs. Not HORRIBLE RIGHt?? But then it was on the rest of the week, I ate bags of chips, a whole box off ellios pizza, 1/2 box cereal, then Tuesday I tried to do a fast day which I did ok & only ate a grilled chicken salad, & by the next day I lost 2 of the 3 i gained but then I just went crazy from then on, pizza, bagels,chips,cream,m&m's,candy..etc...
& today getting back on track I am 249!! I gained 10lbs in 1 week! & thats still getting back down to 241 on Wednesday just to gain it back + some.
I am feeling so sad and miserable today, spent a good hour crying bc I am so disgusted with myself. How could I do that? WHY did I do that? I felt so incredible last week hitting the 230's, to just throw it all away in a few days??

My point IS, is that I COMPLETELY feel and understand where your coming from, bc I am feeling the EXACT same way today. But I just keep telling myself THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN & hopefully by next week Ill be back to where I was. You 1/2 way ahead of me, doing better then I am bc you only gained 4lbs. I wish I only gained 4 (someone is always worse off then U remember that, that makes me feel a little better when I think bout it like that) I bet if You get back on 100% today, by Friday you will have lost them 4 lbs.

So feel better & promise yourself you'll do so much better this week. Thats what I have to keep telling myself today.

WE WILL CONQUER THIS BATTLE OF THE BULGE!!
tinkerbelll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 02:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

to all 3 of you! We'll all get back on the wagon. Good luck!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 02:45 PM   #5  
Nancy is on the go again

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'3'

I think that when we 'slip' a little, in our mind, we are failing, since I've been bad and ate pizza, then what eating McDonald, or cupcakes, would matter? I've done the same. Couple Saturdays ago, I slipped a little, and then decided, might as well "enjoy" myself, ate everything that I wanted off that Chinese Buffet (my biggest weakness), and gain back 3-4 lbs, that took me another two weeks to lose. So, was it worth it? Maybe yes, maybe not. But for me? I've decided it is defiantly, a 'not'.

So, in short, so what we fell off the wagon? Shake off the negativism (you'd laugh if you've seen me, I actually shake myself and mess up my hair), and drink a huge glass of water (as a 'fresh start', washing the inside of myself), and make up your mind that you're 'back in the game' and start over again.

One of my fav sayings:

You will never leave where you are,
Until you decide where you'd rather be.

lili8184 - you already lost 61 lbs, that's awesome! Focus on the great that you did, shake it off, and and get back on that wagon.
LittleBlueCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:41 PM   #6  
On the way down!

S/C/G: 226/ticker/150

Height: 5'10.75

Wow, this is a common theme. I wrote about something similar yesterday. haha. I think I'm just telling myself to take this a day at a time. After all, we are further towards our goal then we were at the starting point so this isn't a low of any sorts. We've done well (or well enough) so far and have the tools and experience necessary to forge on. Or atleast that's what I'm telling myself. ^_^
redliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote