Simply Filling/Core - Weekly chat. Simply Filling etc. Sept.26th-Oct 2nd

jojo23
09-26-2011, 06:32 AM
Morning all. New pages. Have a good week everyone

Vickie
09-26-2011, 07:52 AM
Good Morning Chicks! It's raining and dreary here and I've a heavy week of errands/projects. Trying not to stress eat. Hope you all have a great one.

Tejas
09-26-2011, 09:20 AM
Good morning, and here's hoping for a good week for everyone.

I'm looking forward to getting back into my routine, and NOT having huge buffets and endless chocolate in front of me.

I have a new program from my trainer and it is much less intense than earlier ones. He says this is what is supposed to be done every 6 months or so, and it is what he wants me to do to get the knee back in shape. I'll try not to get bored :lol:

beach bum
09-26-2011, 10:44 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Sorry for being MIA yesterday Woke up late and than everything run into each other. Went to church and brunch,where we met a friend that we had to comfort as her cousin & niece has cancer. [lung and patriotic ] both never smoke a day in there lives. I read, than watched the Fiddler on the Roof movie.By the time that was finished, it was supper time and it went on & on.

Have to go,will be back later

ontarget
09-26-2011, 04:47 PM
Good afternoon, Chickies! We are having a restful afternoon after a morning of riding around the country. Well, that was restful, too. Curtis and I drove to Granbury to check out a brand new archery shop. I'm OP. Curtis is, too, sort of. You really have to use your imagination, though. :lol:

JoJo, thank you for the new pages.
Rhonda, I like your trainer. Take care of that knee.

Vickie, I hope all is going well for you. Construction stuff can be very very stressful. Don't let it get to you!

Maryann, your day sounds very busy. Congrats on your weightloss. I like your racker.

Tejas
09-26-2011, 06:38 PM
The workout was less intense in terms of lifting weights, but it was still effective. I have been doing almost no lower body work for over a month and today I could do split squats better than ever before! (A split squat is one leg behind you, then squat straight down and raise straight up using the standing leg only.) These are difficult for most people most of the time, and the really good thing is that I haven't lost strength and the resting was good for me. So, if my knee is not killing me tomorrow, this is all good.

Sandra, I like my trainer too! :cheer2:

It's been interesting to try to get back to my routine for eating. It was impossible yesterday, but easier today. Honestly, the more you eat, the more you want :lol:

Vickie, good luck with not stressing out.

pam920
09-26-2011, 11:17 PM
Wow, a new week. I spent the day shopping with my daughter. I loaded up on supplies to take back to Florida. I am spoiled with my daughter doing my nails, hair color and cut, along with waxing. I will have to depend on my sis to color my hair, and we'll make a girls day for nails, etc. I hope I can find a good stylist to cut my hair. It needs trimmed about every 3 or 4 wks. Got pics on my phone to show them how I need it cut. We leave in a couple weeks.

I haven't lost any weight. I really need to get down to business before I put on all the weight I lost while in Florida last winter.

Rhonda, I give you kudos for sticking with your training.

Sandra, sounds like you are back to subbing. Is it everyday?

Maryann, sorry about your friends. I talked to my cousin, the one with lung cancer. He is in a trial and it's not working. I don't know how much longer he will be with us. I am so sad. He is my favorite cousin and it breaks my heart to know he doesn't have much longer on this earth.

jojo, glad your doggie is okay.

Vickie, we had rain too. It cleared up and ended up being a nice day.

Vickie
09-27-2011, 09:23 AM
Good Morning Chicks!

Welcome Home, Rhonda! Congratulations for getting so quickly back into your routine. You are one impressive chick.

Sandra, I'm proud of you for being on program. I'm still talking about it.

Mary Ann, you sound like a busy chick!

Pam, I'm so sorry about your Cousin. It is never easy to lose those we love.

JoJo, how's it going?

Sloan is getting close to her daughter's wedding day. I think I saw less than 2 weeks. She must be in a whirlwind.

We have lots of errands today. I have to pick light fixtures and bath accessories. Yesterday we ordered the tile. Tomorrow we have to pick the cabinet hardware and grout. Ugh. I'll be happy when my part is over and then all I have to do is worry about everyone else doing their jobs properly! Thursday the landscaping job gets done. I have to go out today or tomorrow to take before pictures.

Gotta run!

pam920
09-27-2011, 09:42 AM
Morning Vickie. Sounds like everything is falling in place. I hope you post pics when the bathroom is completed.

I couldn't sleep last night and in a fog this morning. I know it was after 4:30 am and I was still tossing and turning.

I saw a cute pic on facebook and don't know how to post it. If anyone knows how, let me know.

beach bum
09-27-2011, 11:18 AM

Didn't sleep again last night and when I got up it was too late for my walking group. Oh well there always next week.Very foggy this morning so,I might go walking on my own some time this afternoon.

Nothing new,my movie buddy should be coming home soon,don't know what playing as I haven't looked at the movie guide this week.

SANDRA-Thanks,Still not eating like I used to,and it scares me a bit so I called the doctor as my cholesterol blood test appointment is due and they only time I got as Dec 6th . They want to work my physical & blood test together. He much be pretty busy as I never had to wait that long to see a doctor.

RHONDA-Sorry about your knee, do you have a good brace to use, when not exercising. I'm now wearing a hip brace when I go out with my walking group.

PAM-Sorry about your cousin,my DH didn't take the trail he went for the chemo & radiation instead,but he was in stage 3 my friends relatives are both in stage 4.

VICKIE-I try to keep busy as much as possible,as to me that's the only way I know how to survive widowhood.

Have a great day

nancy237
09-27-2011, 12:05 PM
Yesterday was a good day. Took my grandson to his eye eval early and he spent the day with me since his eyes were blurry all day. Then a friend came and helped me learn to haul, launch, drive & load the boat. It was a releif that it ran fine because it has been sitting since Feb. I think I am going to be fine using it with some practice. Glad I didn't sell it. Then I took the guy who helped me & his wife out to eat Chinese.

I am gaining and now I am 154...Can't seem to control my eating ..I looked back to my posts in Nov and I was doing the low carb and really liking it..Then when Robin got sick eating was not important to me . I will try the low carb again.

Maryann..I am finding the same thing..I do much better if I am busy..I used to love our lazy weekends but not now..

Vickie..I am trying to select tile also. My bathroom is not moving along because the handyman did not show up to do the plumbing, son in law takes a month to do one thing and lady that was going to tile was in auto accident. I am going to hire someone new this week that can get it done by Nov since kids will be home some in Nov.

jojo23
09-27-2011, 03:34 PM
Evening all. We are having an Indian summer here so we have been out and about today. Just got back an hour ago from a day at the beach. Our nearest coast is about 80 miles away. We shan't need much rocking tonight and the dog has put herself to bed already! Talk to you all tomorrow.

ontarget
09-27-2011, 06:19 PM
Good afternoon, Chickies. I am home from my pedi/mani and am feeling PDQ. (Pretty Darn Cute). Well, my nails are anyway. Curtis and I just finished dinner and are just chillin.

Pam, that's smart taking photos so your new stylist will know what to do. Wish I'd done that when we moved down from Montana. I never found anyone who could do my short do like my stylist in Missoula. Oh, well....

Rhonda, I agree with you. It's hard to stop once we get started. I'm not worried about you, though. You are super dedicated.

Vickie, can you post photos here? We'd love to see them. I don't know if I could be OP if I had construction going on either. You'll get back on track soon.

JoJo, it's still hot here, too. We filmed outdoor scenes for the Christmas Play Sunday in HOT weather. It was difficult wearing coats. Glad you had a good time at the beach today. Sounds like fun.

Nancy, girl, I am impressed! I could not drive, load, etc a boat. You are my hero.

Maryann, did you take your walk?

Anyone hear from Paula lately? I hope she and Sloan get back soon. I miss them!

"Biggest Lower" tonight. Life is good.

jojo23
09-28-2011, 02:06 AM
.Yes, I'm missing Paula and Sloan too. I've heard from Sloanie, she's rushed off her feet planning her daughter's wedding but she is OK and will be back on the forum as soon as she is less busy.

Nancy My husband is ex navy and as much at home on a boat as dry land. I am a sore disappointment to him, I get sea sick in the bath. We went on a ferry to Jersey once and it was the slowest old thing you ever saw. Then the gale hit. Everyone was having trouble getting about, I was bouncing off the walls. Hubby was trotting about whistling... He didn't whistle for long after he got to one end of a long corridor, looked back and saw me, green and hanging onto a post.

Has it got any cooler yet Sandra? We were heading for winter, bitterly cold and now the sun is cracking the sidewalks.

How's it going Tejas?

Maryann You sure sound as if you live in a lovely place. Is it near Cape Cod? If it is, that's my hubby's favourite place in America.

No plans for today, except maybe wash down the paintwork in the downstairs bathroom and Mark will grout a few tiles which have come loose

Vickie
09-28-2011, 09:50 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I had bad food yesterday but only ate 2 meals. That's my approach when we go out to eat.

We picked the vanity lights and towel bar/toilet paper holder yesterday. Today is vanity hardware, grout color, and room color. All that is left is to see the vanity top.

Tomorrow is the landscaping project and the tile is being delivered. All stressful stuff to me. You would think I'd be too busy to eat. NOT!!!!

Nancy and JoJo, I envy you handy folks. We are even afraid to change electric switches and outlets!

Mary Ann and Pam, what's up with you two not sleeping?

Sandra, I guess you want to see after photos? Of the landscaping or the bath? I've never been able to figure out how to post here. I'll definitely put some on FB. I see you only have 2 pounds to go until virgin territory. GREAT for you!!! I just don't care right now enough to weigh, track and measure so I'm trying to just be as good as I can until I have time to manage.

Rhonda, I agree with the more you eat the more you want. I'm trying to cut back. I'm hungry now. Oatmeal for me in a few minutes.

JoJo...are you on Facebook?

beach bum
09-28-2011, 12:07 PM

Had a good night, slept to 9:30AM and going to hang around the house today,and get some house work done now that I'm energized.

The temps are down again,and its going to be comfortable for the next couple of days.

NANCY-That the only way for me is to keep busy.When I'm idle I think too much,and sometimes feel sorry for myself and no one whats to do that as its a sign of weakness.Happy to hear you keeping busy and wow going to learn to drive a boat. That's wonderful,so if ever you feel down you just can take the boat out and go and visit other places.

SANDRA-Yes I did but only for a while as my hip was bothering me yesterday.

JOJO-I live in Cape Cod,and I love living here.Told my children never to bring me down to NY permanently as I don't like, living there.

VICKIE-Had a great night slept last night I think it was the high humidity that bothered my sinuses I left like I couldn't breath. Took a allergy pill yesterday instead of those nasal sprays.

Its running late so I have to go, have a great day

ontarget
09-28-2011, 02:37 PM
Hi there. Well, here are :santa::santa: that I just took off my signature. I am hoping to post them again soon--and will asap!! Now I'm 4 lbs from VT.

JoJo, I remember a time we were on a diving/snorkeling tour off Maui and the waves were dangerously rough. I am not proud so I lay down on one of the benches on the boat. Folks stared at me at first but then I looked around and several were doing the same. Curtis and some others were leaning over the edge of the boat throwing up. I think lying on a bench looked better than that. ;)

Our temps are still in the 90's most days, but our evenings/nights are getting down to the 60's. I think this weekend, we should have highs in the 80's. Rhonda, am I right? I didn't see the weather last night.

Vickie, you know you and I are much much alike. I stress eat and usually gain when "stuff" is going on around me when others would be losing. Please post after photos of the landscaping on FB. You know how I love the outdoors.

Maryann, glad you got some rest.

pam920
09-28-2011, 04:12 PM
I thought I posted this morning, but I guess not.

Sandra, what are virgin pounds? I see 6 santas. Does that mean you only have 6 more lbs until our Christmas goal of 20 lbs? I just found the biggest loser thread for this season. Bob is going overboard a little too much and starting to act like Jillian, with the screaming at Antone. I think he might be going next, which is fine with me. I don't like that he and Jillian are selling pills to help lose weight. What happened to eating right and exercising?

I am going to add and take away as I lose. Of course I have to start with 21 now, grrrrrrrrrrrrr.. I need to see what is available.

Maryann, I love Florida and my daughter is sad that I'm leaving KY in a week or so. I can still talk to her on the phone. She is gone most of the time anyway with her salon business.

Vickie, I want to see pics of the bath. We did ours last winter in Florida, and I love to see others designs. I slept good last night.

Nancy, no way could I handle a boat. I won't even drive my husband's truck.

jojo, I remember we were visiting in Florida. It was a rainy day so we decided to go on the gambling boat. Bad move. Everyone was sick, huge waves. No one gambled. It was awful. Never again!!! lol

ontarget
09-28-2011, 06:16 PM
Pam, I had regained 10 pounds of the 20 I had lost after joining OA June 2010. When I lose over 10, I will be back in what I'm calling "virgin territory." The 6 Santas represent the 6 pounds I've lost so far since joining the Christmas challenge.

I like the new BL season. I think Bob's burned out and is ready to move on with his career. Did you see what I posted there earlier today?

jojo23
09-28-2011, 09:52 PM
Well, there we were, just going about our normal day when we got a phone call to go to the home. Mum was on a dirty protest and refusing, and had been refusing for a few days, to be bathed, showered or in any way be cleaned up. When we got there we could smell her from the other end of the hallway. It took me just 10 minutes to get her in the bath and stay with a staff member in case mum played up. Why can't they do this? We are paying through the nose for her care. Mind you, its worth it not to have her back here because she made life very difficult.
I can't recognise her as my mum anymore. She has lost her self respect and her dignity. I know it sounds awful, but I shall be glad when she passes away and is at last at peace.
It is coming up for 3am and I can't sleep. I've been going over the old days, especially all the help she gave us with our daughter.

pam920
09-28-2011, 10:39 PM
You girls are doing great. I am up a pound and you both have lost 6 lbs. Amazing.

jojo, I am so sorry about your mom. I was at peace when my dad passed. He was not the father I grew up knowing. His stroke changed his personality and his quality of life. He lived 11 yrs and finally died from lung cancer. My sis and I took turned keeping him. I don't regret any of it, but it was hard seeing him not able to do what he could before his stroke. My husband is at his parents, helping put a new floor in the bathroom. His mom does not know who he is most of the time. Keeps asking....who is that man over there(my husband). It breaks his heart that she no longer knows him. She knows she has a son, just not that he is her son.

Sandra, I read the thread but not sure what you wrote, lol. Sounds like not many are liking Anna. I like her so far. The odds are stacked against her with the older group.

ontarget
09-28-2011, 10:44 PM
JoJo :hug: I understand and empathize.

Pam, lol. Don't worry about it. I don't think anyone agrees with me anyway. :lol:

nancy237
09-28-2011, 10:47 PM
JOJO....so sorry about your mom..its like a death that continues..watching her like that..it seems they would know how to get her to cooperate. even a bribe like you would do a child..she gets her favorite activity after the bath.

jojo23
09-29-2011, 06:45 AM
The problem is this blessed Human Rights Bill. The staff cannot force anyone to do what they don't want to do and have to use persuasion or bribery, neither works with my mum because she is so strong willed and 'always right'. Because I am a relative I can go in and get heavy handed with her. I don't like doing it, but there you are.

We are planning a long weekend of working out of the jam jar. I don't know if anyone else does this, but it is a marvellous way of getting those 101 jobs done that you keep meaning to do, but never get around to doing them. All the little things get written on a piece of paper ( fix that fence panel which looks a bit loose, tidy out that cupboard, paint that door, shorten that skirt etc) and put into a screw topped jam jar. On a jam jar day, we just pick a slip of paper out at random, fix what's written on it and then pick another

Vickie
09-29-2011, 09:00 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm just here having a cup of coffee before going upstairs to shower so I can be available for consultation when the landscaping guys get here. I'm a bit nervous but excited too. I'm kind of a control freak who knows what she wants but can't do it herself.....not fun for me OR them in this type of a situation! I took my before pictures this morning.

We picked the grout and the vanity hardware yesterday. All that is left is to see the piece of granite for the vanity top. That will come next week. The contractor comes tomorrow to see if there is anything in the dead space at the foot of the tub that would stand in the way of my built in linen closet. I'll have to have a hole in my wall until they start the project but it is the only way they can know for sure.

I ate pizza and rolls with pesto yesterday. Lordy. I'm going to Jenny tomorrow to get some meals and snacks. Perhaps that will slow me down a bit.

I'll post pictures on FB for sure since I can't figure out how to post here.

JoJo, I SO understand what you are going through since we went through the same thing with my Mom. I'd take comfort in that they aren't pushing her around and forcing her to do things but rather that they are calling you. She can't defend herself even if she is contrary.

Have a great day everyone.

jojo23
09-29-2011, 10:48 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm just here having a cup of coffee before going upstairs to shower so I can be available for consultation when the landscaping guys get here. I'm a bit nervous but excited too. I'm kind of a control freak who knows what she wants but can't do it herself.....not fun for me OR them in this type of a situation! I took my before pictures this morning.

We picked the grout and the vanity hardware yesterday. All that is left is to see the piece of granite for the vanity top. That will come next week. The contractor comes tomorrow to see if there is anything in the dead space at the foot of the tub that would stand in the way of my built in linen closet. I'll have to have a hole in my wall until they start the project but it is the only way they can know for sure.

I ate pizza and rolls with pesto yesterday. Lordy. I'm going to Jenny tomorrow to get some meals and snacks. Perhaps that will slow me down a bit.

I'll post pictures on FB for sure since I can't figure out how to post here.

JoJo, I SO understand what you are going through since we went through the same thing with my Mom. I'd take comfort in that they aren't pushing her around and forcing her to do things but rather that they are calling you. She can't defend herself even if she is contrary.

Have a great day everyone.

Oh Lord Vickie! Can my mum ever defend herself. She has laid out 2 in the last 6 months and her language would make a muleskinner blush. She was always such a lady before the dementia

beach bum
09-29-2011, 12:12 PM

Got up late again but this time it was 10AM. Guess I really needed the sleep.Had my window opened as the heat and humidity is gone.

Now that the morning is almost gone I feel like I lost 1/2 the day.
Hope tomorrow I will wake up at my normal time of 7AM.

SANDRA-Thanks I feeling alot better now that i got my ZZZZZZZZ's back.Sorry you had to take down your 2 Santas from your signature. But I sure they will be up shortly again.

PAM- Oh Your a snow bird,my sister is the same she can't stand the cold winters of NY.,but now she told me yesterday she doesn't like Fla anymore.She hopes to sell her condo and look for another southern area to go to. I left my DD & DS 15 years ago, moving up to the Cape,and they didn't like me going,until now my DS told me the NY city is changing dramatically and he glad I moved out .

JOJO-I'm so sorry about your mom,it horrible when parents & children have to go thought this diseases together. I was lucky my parents & inlaws died of natural causes,[old age] mom 91 and dad 87 DH mom/89 and DH dad 87,but not as lucky when my DH died at 74 with Lung Cancer. One doesn't know.

VICKIE-I'm sure the pizza and pasta are not going to blow you whole week of dieting. Do your really like Jenny Crag or Nutrisystem???? I see them advertize on ION TV every day. Right now I'm just eating everything but in a portion sizes.Today I having a Lean Cuisine entree,tomorrow I cook and than back on Sat. a Fridays entree.

Have to go,Its 12 noon and I have to get dressed.

nancy237
09-29-2011, 01:36 PM
jojo..I love the jam jar idea..I have tons of little items that may only take an hour..It would be fun to select one from the jar in the evening to get done.
I may keep a done jar also..it would be fun to see it get deeper..

I am thinking little things like organize spices, file papers, backup photos.

Yesterday was the 6 month mark of Robin's death. Still hate to write those words down. It is time to take care of myself..I am going to do low carb and eat eggs, nuts, lowfat dairy & protein shakes during the day and then do a nicer meal at night. I can grill and have a salad sometimes.

Really need to find a way to get moving in the morning better..If I could go exercise in the am that would help but I hate morning.

Vickie
09-29-2011, 02:57 PM
Hugs to you, Nancy. I'm SO sorry. I'm not sure I'd be doing as well as you are even though I know you don't feel like you are surviving, but you are.

JoJo, if that's how your Mom is now IMAGINE how much restraint she was exercising BEFORE the dementia!

I had to refuse the tile delivery as the floor tile didn't match the wall tile. It must have been a different dye lot. We have to go there Saturday to try to straighten it out. We may have to look for completely different tile. And, of course, I went straight and ate leftover pizza. Shame on me.

ontarget
09-29-2011, 03:11 PM
Vickie, been there done that. I'd have had the pizza, too. All this trauma/drama will end soon. Hang in there.

JoJo, I love the jam jar idea.

Maryann, I'm posting another :santa: when I finish this post. Life is good.

Rhonda, how's your day going?

Just got home from Subway. Would you believe I ate a salad? :lol:

pam920
09-29-2011, 03:25 PM
Vickie, oh Vickie. One thing after another. Hope you get it straightened out.

Sandra, I had Subway too. I had the chicken breast, no cheese. Not sure how many pts but I'm thinking 6 or 7. Only need to count the bread. Anyone know how much the 6" honey oat is? I am trying to stick to a plan today. Had eggs this morning (needed milk, so no oatmeal). It's suppose to cool down so I'm going to make soup with kale/turkey sausage/white beans for tomorrow.

woohoo, another pound lost, wtg Sandra.

Nancy, I agree with Vickie. You are doing amazingly well since Robin passed.

Maryann, I think you needed that extra sleep. I'm usually up around 7:30 or 8 am.

Vickie
09-29-2011, 03:45 PM
Thanks, Sandra. I'm VERY proud of you!

ontarget
09-29-2011, 03:51 PM
Thank you both. It's been a long time coming. I on Day 8 op. Who'da thunk it?

Nancy, I am very proud of you, too. You're a strong lady.

jojo23
09-29-2011, 08:01 PM
Hugs to you, Nancy. I'm SO sorry. I'm not sure I'd be doing as well as you are even though I know you don't feel like you are surviving, but you are.

JoJo, if that's how your Mom is now IMAGINE how much restraint she was exercising BEFORE the dementia!

I had to refuse the tile delivery as the floor tile didn't match the wall tile. It must have been a different dye lot. We have to go there Saturday to try to straighten it out. We may have to look for completely different tile. And, of course, I went straight and ate leftover pizza. Shame on me.

I don't think you understand vascular dementia Vickie. It alters the brain. People suddenly develop charictaristics totally alien to their norm. My mum didn't have it in her, to behave like this prior to this horrid and misunderstood illness. I have had relatives of patients sobbing in my office and they all said the same thing: The part which upset them the most was that they didn't recognise the person their loved one had turned into and when I explained what had happened to their mum/dad's brain and that I understood they were always relieved. It is a truly horrid condition; frightening to have and heartbreaking to watch

nancy237
09-29-2011, 11:42 PM
jojo..It is a heartbreaking thing to have to go through for you...

Robin had 2 nights with a steriod psychosis where he was a different person.
Thought I was tricking him into treatments. Called the nurses vulgar names.
We had only been there a week when it happened and I just kept telling them all that it wasn't him..When he came out of it he didn't remember any of it.
It was the very hardest part of the whole sickness. It doesn't make sense for a person to do things so opposite of their personality.

I can't imagine the heartbreak of it being long term..

If it happened to me I would want my family to just know that the mom they knew was dead..maybe not physically but mentally..I would want them to hang on to the good times & memories.

ps. I had a session with a personal trainer at my gym tonight. I have 53 pounds of body fat..Wow..I knew there was a pound or 2 around my waist LOL.

Tejas
09-30-2011, 07:06 AM
My dog got me up at 5AM for reasons i don't understand--and don't like. I couldn't get back to sleep.

Jojo, my former MIL became a total shrew with her dementia. And, she fights like a tiger when it comes time to bathe her. They do it anyway, and they might use more sedation (just guessing). She is in Ontario, a place with strong protections for those in institutions. Is it possible that the home where your mother resides is "hiding" behind the law because the staff just don't want to fight with her? Not that I blame them :lol: These are awful situations.

We have a difficult one with my brother who obsesses over coming "home." Of course, that is impossible.

Nancy :hug: Taking care of yourself is critical. You know that Robin would want you to do that. I used to laugh when people said that to me about Avi, saying that Avi just didn't have a vote anymore! Anyway, you know I said that lovingly. It sounds like you have a plan.

Vickie, throw that bread out! Good luck with all of the renovations. My nephew was supposed to have landscaped my yard while I was gone. Did he? NOPE. He promises :rofl: to do it next week.

I had my second rehab workout with my trainer yesterday. So far, so good with the knee.

I think I'll see if I can get more sleep before heading off to tap class.

jojo23
09-30-2011, 08:38 AM
Nancy I've only ever had one person with steroid dementia and it was awful for the relatives, and the poor lady who had it. The public seem to think that dementia is the same as Alzheimer's. It isn't. Dementia comes with many causes and many symptoms.

The problem here, Rhonda is that that fool Blair (spit) and his merry band took PC to ridiculous lengths. Mums cannot smack their kiddies any more (OK that was needed to a degree, but when my daughter started to strike matches, a sharp smack on the hand stopped her doing it again) Human rights are so farcical now, that a burglar can sue you if he cuts himself on barbed wire you have put along your fence to deter him climbing in. Staff in care homes are frightened that they can be sued for 'forcing' a resident to do something against their will and on top of this, many care home owners hide behind the Act to save on staff and care.

It is over 90 in our garden and I have just got a lineful of washing dry, and am now going to peg out the second. We have every window open and all the fans on

beach bum
09-30-2011, 10:02 AM
HI Ladies:)

Had to go to the hospital for my bone density test. My doctor wants to see if I have any fractures after taking fosamax for over 5 yrs. They was some kind of controversy about it causing fractures and you shouldn't use this med after 5 years. I guess my doctor will know the result by Monday. While there I had to go though the new cancer center and I saw a man wearing oxygen and wheeling a tank. It brought my eyes to tears thinking about my poor Leo,remembering how he had to wear his.I hate going to the hospital as it has too many sad memories.

On the good note I got on the scale and I lost .5 and brought me to a total of 5 lbs for the year.

SANDRA-Congrats on another lost lbs. Your doing great.

NANCY-Oh My 1/2 year already. I know sadness will come but you have to be strong. We have to be here for each other,even if it just on the thread.

PAM-I'm feeling a lot better now that I had two good night sleeps.

Have to go and start dinner,and than go out later,have a great day

Tejas
09-30-2011, 11:03 PM
We just had a wonderful dinner with some neighbors: steak, potatoes, asparagus, chocolate-zucchini cake. Stuffed, but good food and nice people. :D

jojo23
10-01-2011, 02:55 AM
Yesterday the temperatures broke all records and was the hottest day of the year. Today seems to be heading to break records too. All the shops have Halloween stuff on sale, not to mention Christmas cards, and we are slapping on :Dsunscreen

beach bum
10-01-2011, 12:27 PM
Hi Ladies:)

I fine today and the pain is gone. They were just memories,that I have to deal from time to time.. My fiend Mary came back from California and we are going to the movie tomorrow to see Money Ball with Brad Pitt.

Raining real hard this morning ,but it stopped TG as I have to go out again this afternoon. It wasn't total lose as I rest from exercising on the weekends.

Thanks all for the kind words on my weight loss,I'm really working hard on it with portion sizes meals like Jenny Craig or Nutria System do,but why pay them when that's all it is generally. I take a total amount of calories and divide it into 4 meals.

SANDRA-Glad you had a good time with your friends your menu sounded delicious.

JOJO-Our temps are going down and I happy for that as I have trouble breathing when the humidity is hanging around. I know the stores here have Christmas and Halloween thing out already I don't like it when the rush the seasons,but they want to make the big bucks and out do each other.

Have to go and get my dinner started have a great day

nancy237
10-01-2011, 03:33 PM
Maryann..let me know if you like Money Ball..I will see it if you like it

My cousin talked me into doing water aerobics with her yesterday morning.
:swim: Ever notice how all our smiley friends are round shaped..we need some skinney smileys !!!

Handyman is doing plumbing that has been holding up my bath redo.
So Vickie I am following your footsteps. I got the faucets yesterday.
Need to go look at tile now.

Doing good with my low carb...I think I lost a few pounds already, I am at least back under 150...

Trying to get up early and have a ritual in the am...
Wondering about doing some of my strength exercises with an exercise ball??
Or just the hot tub & shower. I have great plans and then in the am I think
" you must be out of your mind, I am doing good to find my coffeepot":coffee:

Tejas
10-01-2011, 10:27 PM
Nancy, most mornings I make the coffee and take it to the hot tub for 20 minutes or so. Then I do some stretching exercises and minor core work, followed by a shower. It feels grand.

nancy237
10-01-2011, 10:53 PM
Could anyone use a weight watcher point calculator & tracker..

I am cleaning out & don't use it and would love to give it to one of the chickies!!!

jojo23
10-02-2011, 03:43 AM
An old friend rang last evening inviting us to spend a week with her in Cornwall to enjoy this glorious weather we are having. An unexpected trip like this will certainly shorten the coming winter, and she lives in a beautiful spot.
NO weight watching for me for the next 7 days... Cornish clotted cream anyone? See you all next week, we are leaving asap to miss the motorway traffic to the coast.

ems81wales
10-02-2011, 06:26 AM
hey ladies hope your all well and well done to everyone who lost and good luck next week ladies i lost 2lbs this week only 2lbs off goal woohoo :D iv had a really busy week i am back at uni now so u wont see me around much but il try update you the best i can xxxx

ontarget
10-03-2011, 05:46 PM
:woohoo: Ems!!