Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-26-2011, 01:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 227/198/145

Height: 5'5.5"

Default Long time googler, first time member

I lost 35 pounds about 3 years ago and have been yo-yoing between 190 and 200 ever since. My goal is to get to 145 lbs. or 22% body fat. Which ever comes first.

I have a severe wheat intolerance and although I have never been diagnosed as Celiac, I avoid it like the plague due to all the problems it causes me. I find the paleo diet works best for me as grains seem to cause me indigestion and immediate weight gain/bloating and I don't digest dairy all that well. I eat a very healthy diet - every meal includes fruits, veggies, protein, and healthy fats (avocado, coconut oil, cod liver oil, and even butter). I weigh my food, track my calories, and stay under 2000 kcals a day. I also lift heavy weights 3 times a week and do cardio 4-5 times a week. My problem is that I tend to go on 3-5 day larabar, lunabar, chocolate, peanut butter and greek yogurt binges once every 2 - 3 weeks. I just get horribly hungry and tired, feel completely insatiable, and have zero energy to exercise. This prevents me from ever permanently losing weight. I may lose 6 pounds in 2 weeks (I know some is water weight) but then I will gain it all back during a binge. I have noticed that these binges occur usually a week before my period and then again if I eat gluten. My goal is to not have any of my binge foods in my house (I am single and live alone). I have a tendency to buy my favorite "healthy" junk foods when I am doing well and will eat in moderation until I get the binge-like cravings. Then I go hog wild. I just have to FORCE myself not to buy them in the first place. I am hoping 3FC can help me! I have even made a public declaration on my FB that I resolve to lose 25 lbs. by the New Year. Thank you all!!!
October145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 02:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi there! Welcome to 3FC, and good luck with your goals
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 02:07 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC =)
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck ! Do not buy binge foods and that will solve your binge problem. I love pie, cakes, cookies and ice cream.....I guarantee you that you will find none of those items in my house.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote