Old 09-26-2011, 12:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/170/145

Height: 5'7 1/2

Default Phase 3 and went up 5 lbs!

I am so disappointed with this... I started Phase 3 two weeks ago and am up 5 lbs. I started back on Phase 1 this past Friday. My coach told me this is totally normal and that the inches are still coming down (she's right) but really, up 5 lbs?? We went over my food diary, brands, labels that I was eating etc to make sure I wasn't over doing it... and I didn't. She said when you start Phase 3 you are expected to see a 3-5 lb weight gain and then your body stabilizes. I am really frustrated with this as it took me a month to lose that last 5 lbs and I put it back on in 2 weeks??

Anyone else out there have this happen? Any advice? I am back on Phase 1 and am changing my goal to compensate for that 5 lbs by losing 5 more than I originally planned.

Thoughts?
sunshine1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:13 AM   #2  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

I'm not even close to being in phase 3, but I will comment. I think you are beating yourself up here for no reason. The 5 lbs was expected by your coach. You are still losing inches, so your body is still getting smaller, fat is still disappearing from your body. I think many of us obsess over a number when it doesn't really matter. I think phase 3 is tough. You have to make more choices. You have to be more responsible for what you eat and I think some people are afraid of being responsible for their weight again. On phases 1 and 2, it's kinda easy to just eat a packet and not worry about what's really in it. You don't really have to do a lot of thinking. I don't know what I would do in your situation, but I hope I would give it a little more time to see if things evened out. Yes, you can always go back to phase 1, why rush?
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 154.5/134/128

Height: 5'4

Some of that 5lbs could also be water weight and like Paint lady mentioned give it some time to even out. My coach told me to expect a 2-3lb weight gain once I start phase 3 so I changed my goal weight from 130 to 128. I'm just super excited not to see the 150's on my scale any more.
ExPiglet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

don't stress. the inches are way more important than the number on the scale. it's expected that you gain 3-5 in that phase. maybe you could make your goal 3 lbs - 5lbs less than what you wanted if you are really upset about the lbs you way.
you should be proud though!
leganegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 201/192/160

Height: 5' 5.5"

Wink

The 3-5 pound gain is from replacing the glycogen in your liver and muscles. This happens because we are reintroducing carbs. It's normal. I've been at phase 3 for almost 2 weeks and I notice that my clothes keep getting looser. I haven't weighed because I've been out of town, so I don't know if there has been a change on the scale or not.

Karen
karenfromtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/170/145

Height: 5'7 1/2

So I am starting week 2 on Phase 1 again. Lost absolute nothing last week, but I dont' get measured until this week. This week will be a short week, as I have a class at work on Friday, so I ill weigh in and measure a day early. Still feeling really bummed, but sticking it out. My hubby even said, you can't see the 3-5 lbs, so why are you stressing it... I know he is right, just like all of you. Thanks for the support!
sunshine1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:53 AM   #7  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Sunshine..I totally understand your reaction. We have worked so hard to get to the desired weight and it is definitely frightening when you see the numbers go back up...even if you expect it and it is supposed to happen.
I am also worried about Phase 3 and heading there soon. However, I am telling myself this. Dr. Treng knew what he was doing in creating this program. It has worked. He himself is on the program and has kept his weight off. He seems very concerned with helping our bodies succeed and not doing the typical dieter's yo-yo plan where people regain the weight.
I am going to trust his next step as his first 2 have worked so well.
Also, I think the idea of going down a few beyond your goal weight to allow for the gain is a good idea.
Hope you fell better and am happy that you are losing inches!!!!!

Last edited by Maile; 10-04-2011 at 07:54 AM.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote