30-Somethings - Christmas Challenge

View Full Version : Christmas Challenge

TransformingMyself
09-25-2011, 10:33 AM
http://84.232.184.11/onliney8games.com/_file/image/christmas/y8games-christmas-challenge.jpg

Hi everyone,

Christmas is exactly 3 months away (14 weeks). I thought it would be fun, to start a Christmas challenge. Everyone post their start weight, goal weight for Christmas Day weigh-in along with daily chatter. :)

My goal is to lose 26 lbs.

Start weight: 206
Goal weight: 180

Here is to us, on accomplishing our goals. Always remember to try your best, any weight lost is a HUGE accomplishment. :)

98DaysOfSummer
09-25-2011, 11:38 AM
Well hello there, this is exactly what I'm looking for. I tried very hard to do something similar for summer and life just over ran me. I learned my lesson - plan, plan, plan and sometimes say no to other people if you have to.

SO...doing the math (I love all those calculators online), someone at my weight should be able to lose 30 pounds in three months. That'll be my goal.

Start Weight 9/25/11: 283
9/26/11: 283
9/27/11: 283
Goal Weight 10/25/11: 253

My basic plan is to count calories, avoid fast food, and use the WATP DVDs. I'm really excited about the last one, I enjoy them so much but as a SAHM, it was hard to find time. My little one just started full day school so I have all this time on my hands. I miss having her home, but I'll like being able to exercise again.

ETA - if we're posting weights every day, I'm just going to update in this post, if that's ok.

momwannabe
09-25-2011, 01:01 PM
I'm in! I wanted to lose 27 pounds (6 down so far) by the 10th of December which is when I go on holiday, but I'm happy to add on another two weeks and another few pounds and make it until Christmas.

Start weight: 164
Goal: 138
Total of 26 pounds. Let's do it!!!

Erin27
09-25-2011, 02:27 PM
I"m always up for a good challenge! I'll aim for 20 lbs prior to Christmas. I'd really like to hit onederland by New Years, but I think 31.5lbs is a bit much to ask for....Start 231.5, end 211.5

JennifersDream
09-25-2011, 06:42 PM
I am currently doing the old weight watcher winning points plan at home on my own---I am currently 156 pounds my goal is 120 pounds im 4'11" tall so actually should weigh less than that, but have never been able to maintain anything less than 120 and feel comfortable there. This goal is a great idea and a wonderful way for people to stay on track during the holiday season! Thanks for posting!

CherryPie99
09-25-2011, 06:57 PM
I'm in! I have been having a real slow down in my weight loss lately. I'm think I'm going to have to do something different, but I'm not sure what. Not sure if I'm eating too much or maybe I should increase a little to keep my body on its toes. At any rate, I'll aim for 20 pounds lost by Xmas. Might be a little ambitious, but I'm going to try!

September 25: 174

envelope
09-25-2011, 10:37 PM
My weight loss has slowed recently so I will be thrilled if I lost an average of 1lb a week until Christmas, so 14 lbs.

SW 162.8
GW 148.8

ETA: I have changed my overall goal weight to 157.8 so I am hoping to be maintaining for Christmas.

CloudySky
09-25-2011, 11:01 PM
I'm in! I just came across this site and was so inspired I decided to join so this is my first contribution. I am going to aim for 30 by Christmas. I walk my son to and from school every day so I'm going to see about going a little further every morning.
Start: 215
Goal: 185

98DaysOfSummer
09-26-2011, 09:53 AM
Hi all! I am smack in the middle of PMS (sorry, too much?) so I expect to be the same or even go up for a bit, and then have a bit of a WOOSH around the weekend. I have to keep reminding myself that it's just PMS so I can stay sane. Could eat a truck load of salt! But won't!

Have a great day!

CloudySky
09-26-2011, 11:55 AM
Well, I followed through and went jogging/walking further after I walked my son to school, putting me at an hour total walk. I wish I had someone to walk with because walking alone is creepy. My start weight is actually 213 because I weighed myself at night for start weight that I posted previously. So my goal to lose is actually 28 pounds by Christmas.

Macieo
09-26-2011, 11:58 AM
I'm in, this should keep me focused. I will go for 25 but I will be happy with 20 so SW is 161 GW will be 136.

adaem
09-26-2011, 02:58 PM
:carrot:This is totally what I need!:carrot:
My goal is 20 lb.
9/26 - 152(ish - my scale needs new batteries)
12/25 - 132

AndLy
09-26-2011, 03:06 PM
I'm in! I would like to be at 180 by Christmas. This will give me the extra motivation to keep going!

Start 9/26 - 203.5
Goal 12/25 - 180
Actual 12/25 -
Goal loss - 23.5 lbs
Actual loss -

momwannabe
09-26-2011, 04:01 PM
Oooog, little bit up this morning. Booooo! Not going to let it get me down!

TransformingMyself
09-26-2011, 05:25 PM
Hello everyone :)

98DaysofSummer, Yes, you need to say no to people. Believe me, they keep pestering, but after a while they leave you alone. You only have one life to live, live it to the fullest. No one is going to take care of you, you need to. Yes, 30 lbs is VERY doable. You can do it, girly! Awesome goal! You game plan sounds great. I know you miss your baby, but this will be your time to make yourself healthy/fit/happy. The best gift you can give yourself and family. You can post your weight daily/weekly/monthly. Whatever is good for you. Yes, pms time will pass. I agree, stay away from the salt, it will just make you retain water and bloat. That doesn't feel good! Hope it passes soon!

momwannabe, Awesome job! You will do GREAT! :) Sorry to hear that, but I LOVE your attitude! Keep going girl! It will come off sooner or later! ;)

Erin, 20 lb goal is GREAT. If you focus, eat clean, exercise, you can make onederland by New Years. I started my healthy journey on July 1st, 2011 as of today I have lost 38 lbs, less than 3 months. You are doing GREAT by the way. :)

JennifersDream, You will do great! I wanted a way to keep myself accountable, and thought others would like to as well. You're welcome :)

CherryPie, 20 lb goal is great. You can do it! You are doing awesome by the way! :) What is your food menu/exercise plan like? How many calories do you eat in a day?

Envelope, 14 lbs is so doable! Awesome job by the way! :)

CloudySky, Welcome, we are happy to have you! :) 28 lbs is a great goal! You will do it! Awesome job with your exercise. I agree, having a walking buddy makes things better. Keep at it girl! :)

Macieo, aiming high is great, and if you don't reach it, that is GREAT too. Any loss is better than not trying at all. You can do it!

adaem, 20 lb goal is doable! You will do great! :)

AndLy, you are so close to onederland! You will be there in no time. 8 lbs a month is very doable! You can do it! :)

As for me, I am doing great! Happy to see all of you here. What kind of food/exercise plan is everyone on? I have been eating whole foods (meat, beans, fruit, veggies, whole grains, herbs, and spices), staying away from white starchy carbs, sugar, and salt. I workout 6 days a week, alternating strength/cardio days. I haven't felt this great in a long time. :)

If anyone would like to share recipes, please post them. I LOVE trying new things. Hope everyone has a great day/night! :)

Erin27
09-26-2011, 08:40 PM
Transforming-thanks for the encouragement! Here's hoping I can kick it in a bit after a tough summer!

Everyone else-welcome, I look forward to this challenge with all of you ;-)

AFM-I am following Weight watchers points plus. My weigh in day is Wednesday. I've had much better success (and longevity) with this plan than i have had with any others. My current loss of 45 lbs is the most I've ever lost on a diet plan! Of course, I started heavier than I ever have before, but still, I take that as a huge success. Now I just need to get back on track a little better...namely, I need to start tracking my food again. I've had a lot of family stress in the past week (my cousin unexpectedly died at 32 years old) and I've let my tracking slide....back on track tomorrow though when i get back to work and back into my routine...

AndLy
09-27-2011, 04:55 PM
As for me, I am doing great! Happy to see all of you here. What kind of food/exercise plan is everyone on? I have been eating whole foods (meat, beans, fruit, veggies, whole grains, herbs, and spices), staying away from white starchy carbs, sugar, and salt. I workout 6 days a week, alternating strength/cardio days. I haven't felt this great in a long time. :)

If anyone would like to share recipes, please post them. I LOVE trying new things. Hope everyone has a great day/night! :)

I think that sounds like a great plan :) I am eating quite similar, coupled with IF. I only eat between 1pm and 7pm. It is working great for me!

CloudySky
09-27-2011, 05:43 PM
I went walking again today for an hour. My legs actually hurt. I forgot to weigh myself today, but will weigh tomorrow. I guess I'm lucky I already have to get out to walk my kid to school because it makes it so much easier to decide to go ahead and do the extra walking, as opposed to being at home and having to decide to get dressed and get the babies dressed and all that. So... still on track!

TransformingMyself
09-27-2011, 05:44 PM
Erin, You're welcome! All you can do is move forward. Summer is in the past. ;) You know what you want, and what is needed. Just keep pushing forward. :) Sorry to hear that about your cousin. ((hugs))

AndLy, That is great! :) Everyone needs to find a plan that works for them. What works for one, may not work for others, that is fine, people just need to understand that, keep pushing forward and never give up. You are doing great! :)

CherryPie99
09-27-2011, 05:45 PM
CherryPie, 20 lb goal is great. You can do it! You are doing awesome by the way! :) What is your food menu/exercise plan like? How many calories do you eat in a day?

This may be one of my problems - I don't count calories. I have a rough idea of how many I eat, but I never weigh food and rarely measure. So I suppose that I could be overestimating, but jeez, it's worked for me so far!!

I eat what I consider normal things. I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich today on 35 calorie per slice bread. I eat a lot of fruit and veggies. I switched to brown rice over white. My tough time is dinner. DH does all the cooking and he is trim (5'10" and 158 pounds) but he has a crazy good metabolism. He expects to cook huge hunks of meat and wants to split evenly between the 2 of us. That's always the way it's been, but now that I weight a lot less, I can't keep eating that amount and expect to lose.

For exercise I am running 4 days per week 3 miles at a time. I typically walk the dogs an additional 3-3.5 miles 5 days per week. I also lift weights (on my Bowflex), 30 Day Shred, Pilates, balance ball work - nothing terribly organized, but it adds up to about 1.5-2 hours per day.

TransformingMyself
09-27-2011, 05:56 PM
CherryPie, I do not count everything, but have a good idea from past experience, when I use to count. I watch my portions. Don't stop what you are doing, especially if it is working. If the weight loss slows down, you know you need to reduce your calorie intake. At dinner time, divide it in half (what is on your plate) and eat the other half for lunch the next day. That is if you have a huge plate of food. Your exercise program is awesome! You may need those extra calories! ;) I watched Dr Oz the other day, they suggest you eat your dinner at lunch time and lunch at dinner. I may try that, for a couple of weeks. :)

Eruanna
09-27-2011, 06:11 PM
I'm in for that :) I've been going good for a couple of months, but a recent running injury, and now the flu have halted things. But I want to get back on track again.

TransformingMyself
09-27-2011, 06:21 PM
Welcome Eruanna, sorry to hear about your injury and I hope you feel better soon! :)

CloudySky
09-27-2011, 07:37 PM
I think that lunch at dinner and dinner at lunch thing is a good idea. I am usually not even that hungry at dinner, but eat anyway because I have to cook for the family. I'm focusing on not eating if I'm not hungry and only eating enough to make me satisfied, not necessarily FULL. I can't stand counting calories and portioning, so I just try to eat healthy stuff. Also, I put the salad or vegetables on about half my plate, meat on a quarter, and the pasta, rice, potatoes, or bread on one quarter. I like to use the kids plates with 3 separated spots for food. No matter how I heap it up, it can't be too much on there! And having an apple or something else instead of seconds is a good thing too, if still hungry. I'm not into depriving and starving myself, so if I really want a soda or something, I have it, just not ALL the time or in massive amounts. I've found that helps me to not want bad stuff so much all the time.

Eruanna
09-27-2011, 07:45 PM
Welcome Eruanna, sorry to hear about your injury and I hope you feel better soon! :)

Thanks :) Once I kick the 'flu I'm off to buy a new pair or running shoes as the dr thinks that could be the main cause. Looking forward to loosing a few more pounds before Christmas

Erin27
09-27-2011, 10:16 PM
Welcome Euranna and CloudySky (and anyone else i'm missing)! I'm glad you're all in this challenge with us to get healthier and fitter!

Today I finally started to track again. I'm coming in pretty much dead on with my points for the day (I recently lost another point after losing a few more pounds....its a good problem, but still a little annoying lol) so I'm happy about that. I made it to the gym again today and did 32 min on the elliptical (30 min cardio and 2min cooldown). I'm pretty sure I'll either have a gain or stay the same tomorrow at WI, but that's ok, I"m back on track.

TransformingMyself
09-28-2011, 12:01 PM
CloudySky, I think so too. I am looking to start it on Friday. Then continue it for 2 weeks to see how it goes. This week I cut out bread/pasta/rice/potatoes everything is going good, I am getting great results so far. Pretty much eating lean meat, and fibrous fruits and veggies, consuming about 1,500 calories a day.

Erin, You are doing great! It will come off eventually. Keep pushing forward. :)

I hope everyone is doing well and has a GREAT day! I weighed in today at 204.6, feels GREAT! :)

shanhat81
09-28-2011, 12:34 PM
This seems like a fun idea! I'd love to join ... my goal is to lose 15 lbs. Doable, I hope, in 14 weeks.

SW 170.4
GW 155.4

free1
09-28-2011, 12:51 PM
Can I jump in? I've been looking for a Christmas Challenge. I am scared of scales (I think I'm allergic to the numbers although my MD doesn't agree). However, I'm tracking sizes. I would LOVE to be a size 14w or smaller by Christmas. I'm at a baggy 18/close fitting 16 now.

Erin27
09-28-2011, 03:48 PM
I had my WI today, up 1.5, but i expected that...on the flip side, i made it to the gym 4 times this week, so i'm proud of that. back on track this week and hopefully a big loss next wed! :-D

fresno26
09-28-2011, 06:51 PM
What a fun thread!

I'm at around 170 now, but would like to see 155 by Christmas! :)

Eruanna
09-28-2011, 06:54 PM
If I can stay the same weight this week I'll be happy. But once all the bugs have gone I'll go hard next week on the exercise :) Welcome Free1

TransformingMyself
09-28-2011, 06:57 PM
free1, hi and welcome! A size 14 is doable! You can do it, girly! :)

Erin, GREAT job with your exercise. The weight will come off. Keep pushing forward. :)

What is everyone having for dinner? Please feel free to share your recipes.

Today, I am making grilled tilapia seasoned with chili powder, cumin, and pepper. Paired with a salad w/baby spinach, arugala, red romaine, green romaine, cucumbers, tomatoes, orang/red/yellow sweet tomatoes, and balsamic dressing (homemade 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, 1 pinch oregano, small pinch thyme, 1 pinch chives).

It has been a nice day off. Back to work tomorrow. I can't wait for the weekend! :)

TransformingMyself
09-28-2011, 07:00 PM
Fresno, welcome! :) That is about 1 lb a week. VERY doable! You will do great!

Eruanna, we will be here waiting! :)

Eruanna
09-28-2011, 07:01 PM
That sounds delicious :)

I'm making courgette (zucchini) fritters with ricotta cheese & red onion.

shanhat81
09-28-2011, 08:20 PM
That sounds delicious :)

I'm making courgette (zucchini) fritters with ricotta cheese & red onion.

Recipe plz?? :)

tz1024
09-28-2011, 08:35 PM
I just joined and started my diet Sunday. This would be the perfect challenge for me! My current weight is 227/224/160. I would love to lose the 24 lbs before Christmas and every other pound lost would be a Christmas present to myself:)
Love this idea--thank you!

Eruanna
09-28-2011, 09:53 PM
Recipe plz?? :)

4 tbsp oil
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
5 medium courgettes
1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
200g ricotta
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup flour
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a frying pan and gently cook onion and garlic until softened but not quite browned.

2. Grate the courgettes and squeeze out as much moisture as possible. Combine courgettes, onion, parsley, basil and ricotta in a bowl.

3. Add eggs, flour and salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.

4. Heat remaining 3 tbsp oil in a frypan and cook large spoonfuls of batter until cooked through and golden brown on both sides.

I love them!!

Erin27
09-28-2011, 10:20 PM
I had a great dessert tonight....it was low point so I"m assuming it'd be pretty good calorie wise....my husband loved it and he doesn't follow a program and usually doesn't like those types of foods.....here goes: fruit quesidillas (?sp)

4 whole wheat tortillas
1/2c fat free cream cheese, room temp
1tbsp sugar (I used splenda)
1 tbsp granulated sugar (I omitted)
1tsp lemon juice
1tsp lemon zest
fruit of your choice (i used strawberries)

mix sugar, cream cheese, lemon juice and lemon zest together in a bowl
coat 1/2 of tortilla with 1/4th of above mixture
place fruit on top of cream cheese
fold in half
cook in pan until golden on one side. Flip (2 spatulas work well for the flip to keep everything in) and cook until golden on the other side
repeat for remaining 3 tortillas.

A serving is 1/2 of one tortilla (so recipe makes 8 servings).

It was great with a little bit of fat free cool whip.....it'd probably be great with peaches, cherries, apples or any other fruit that tastes good warm.

Thanks for the other recipes ladies, keep 'em coming!

Eruanna
09-29-2011, 03:08 AM
Thanks Erin :) I'm going to give that one a go

adaem
09-29-2011, 11:06 AM
Wow lots of posts. I haven't been on for a few days. Where has the week gone? I have been so busy with work and the kids have had something after school every day this week so exercising after work like a promised myself has not quite gone as planned. However, every morning this week I have gotten up at 5am and done 10 min of yoga and 10 min of strength training on the Wii. Not my Jillian Michaels DVD but at least its something. So far this week according to my Wii scale (my bathroom scale broke) I am down almost 2 lbs!! I can't believe it! It is amazing how starting off my morning with even some very light exercise makes me more aware through the day what I am doing/eating.

momwannabe
09-29-2011, 03:00 PM
Pound and a half down! Just under 163! Yay!!!

shanhat81
09-29-2011, 03:46 PM
This is my favorite WW recipe EVER -- my DH doesn't eat red meat, so we make it with ground chicken or turkey (not turkey breast or chicken breast -- too dry).

North African Meatball Stew

1 pound ground lean beef (5% fat or less)
2 TBSP finely chopped fresh cilantro
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves minced
1 cup diced tomatoes
cup water
3 TBSP tomato paste
2 TBSP lemon juice
2 TBSP chopped fresh mint

Mix together beef, cilantro, 1 tsp cumin, salt and pepper in a large bowl until combined. With damp hands, shape mixture into 24 1 inch meatballs.
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook stirring until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes, water, tomato paste, and remaining 1 tsp of cumin, salt and pepper to taste. Bring to boil
Add meatballs to skillet. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until meatballs are cooked through and sauce is thickened. About 30 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and sprinkle with mint.

Serving Size = 6 Meatballs and 2/3 cup of sauce
Serves 4
Weight Watchers Points Plus = 5 Points

TransformingMyself
09-29-2011, 06:20 PM
Hello :)

tz1024, you're welcome! Happy to have you here. 24 lbs is doable! Love that the additional lbs will be your gift. GREAT! :)

Eruanna, thanks for sharing your recipe. Sounds GREAT! Post any recipes you would like. I love trying new things. :)

Erin, your dessert sounds great, thanks for sharing! Keep them coming. I love seeing what everyone likes to eat, and trying new things. :)

adaem, I am right there with you. Where has the week gone? Went by super fast! That is awesome you lost 2 lbs! GREAT! Every little bit helps, and I think working out in the morning is best, it keeps me going strong throughout the day. :)

momwannabe, that is AWESOME! Doing great, girly! :)

shanhat81, thanks for your recipe, another one I am going to try! :)

Happy to announce I have lost 41.2 lbs (since July 1, 2011). Weighed in today at 203.2! Nice suprise! :) Tomorrow is my official weigh in day, can't wait to see what it is!

Whats on the menu for tonight? I am making baked spaghetti squash.

Cut spaghetti squash in half, length wise.
Rub olive oil on the center, sprinkle salt and pepper (I do not use salt)
Spray Pam on a cookie sheet
Place the spaghetti squash center side down
Bake in the oven for 25 mins (depending on size, you may need more time, just pull it out, and check it with a fork, if it is soft) at 375 degrees
When done, let it rest on stove for 10 mins
Use a fork to scrape the spaghetti squash out (looks like noodles)

Prepare spaghetti sauce (I use fresh tomatoes, herbs and spices), add cooked ground turkey (you can use beef or chicken).

Place spaghetti squash in a big bowl, add your spaghetti sauce and meat. Mix it.

Place the mixture into a square pan, top with 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese, bake in the oven for 15 - 20 mins, at 375 degrees.

Hope everyone has a good night! :)

Iwannabthin2
09-29-2011, 06:45 PM
Yeah I am totally in. I set my goal for Valentines day but I like Christmas better. My b-day is Nov. 14th and if I am going to set a mini goal of having lost 25 lbs by then and then I will have a month to loose the last 5. I am a month into loosing 30lbs and as of today I am 13.6 down and 16 to go! YEAH I cannot wait to be half way there. 165 to 135 ( a weight I have not reached in over 10 yrs) I have struggled with keeping up the weight loss in the past but this time I am seeing results so I really want to keep going. If I keep going at 2 lbs off a week and 12 weeks until Christmas I think, I can do it and reach my b-day goal too. :carrot:
So start weigth 164.8 current weight 151.2 Goal 135
Looking forward to doint this with you all!
I am working on getting a pre diet picture to post

Iwannabthin2
09-29-2011, 06:50 PM
I just tried Spgetti squash this week for the first time and I really like it. I am having bake sfish , steamed broccoli and a small salad tonight and If I am good I will have 2 cups air popped popcorn ( no butter) while I watch my shows tonight.

tz1024
09-29-2011, 08:09 PM
Hello :)

tz1024, you're welcome! Happy to have you here. 24 lbs is doable! Love that the additional lbs will be your gift. GREAT! :)

Eruanna, thanks for sharing your recipe. Sounds GREAT! Post any recipes you would like. I love trying new things. :)

Erin, your dessert sounds great, thanks for sharing! Keep them coming. I love seeing what everyone likes to eat, and trying new things. :)

adaem, I am right there with you. Where has the week gone? Went by super fast! That is awesome you lost 2 lbs! GREAT! Every little bit helps, and I think working out in the morning is best, it keeps me going strong throughout the day. :)

momwannabe, that is AWESOME! Doing great, girly! :)

shanhat81, thanks for your recipe, another one I am going to try! :)

Happy to announce I have lost 41.2 lbs (since July 1, 2011). Weighed in today at 203.2! Nice suprise! :) Tomorrow is my official weigh in day, can't wait to see what it is!

Whats on the menu for tonight? I am making baked spaghetti squash.

Cut spaghetti squash in half, length wise.
Rub olive oil on the center, sprinkle salt and pepper (I do not use salt)
Spray Pam on a cookie sheet
Place the spaghetti squash center side down
Bake in the oven for 25 mins (depending on size, you may need more time, just pull it out, and check it with a fork, if it is soft) at 375 degrees
When done, let it rest on stove for 10 mins
Use a fork to scrape the spaghetti squash out (looks like noodles)

Prepare spaghetti sauce (I use fresh tomatoes, herbs and spices), add cooked ground turkey (you can use beef or chicken).

Place spaghetti squash in a big bowl, add your spaghetti sauce and meat. Mix it.

Place the mixture into a square pan, top with 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese, bake in the oven for 15 - 20 mins, at 375 degrees.

Hope everyone has a good night! :)

Wow, you have lost 41 lbs since July 1st! Thats awesome :) Im so anxious for this challenge. What diet are you following?

Erin27
09-29-2011, 08:25 PM
Transforming-what does spaghetti squash taste like? I love buttenut, but am not a fan of summer squash....I'm a fairly picky eater, but anything that can mimic spaghetti in my recipes i'm all for!

98DaysOfSummer
09-29-2011, 11:34 PM
I need to try spaghetti squash again. The last time I tried to cook it, it was kind of a disaster.

I'm still out here. I'm going to weigh on Mondays instead of daily if that's ok. No exercise, I have somehow managed to hurt my back so I just keep carefully stretching and trying to sneak in some walking so it will loosen up. I swear this is some new TOM torture because it seems to coincide far too often to be chance.

Kids are out of school tomorrow, going swimming one last time!

CloudySky
09-30-2011, 01:09 PM
I have done an hour of walking every morning (in addition to walking to pick my son up from school in afternoon) and my weight is sticking in the same spot. I've heard at first it sometimes does that, and even goes up a little due to building muscles, but I'm still worried. Is this normal? I really should have lost something don't ya think? Today was my 5th day of doing this, I'm taking it easy on weekends or doing something different.

rachaelm
09-30-2011, 01:22 PM
I have done an hour of walking every morning (in addition to walking to pick my son up from school in afternoon) and my weight is sticking in the same spot. I've heard at first it sometimes does that, and even goes up a little due to building muscles, but I'm still worried. Is this normal? I really should have lost something don't ya think? Today was my 5th day of doing this, I'm taking it easy on weekends or doing something different.

I just started counting calories and exercising Sept 12. I lost 7 lbs my first week. This week I had a gain of 2 lbs. I went over my calories one day that week by 600, but for the week the total was still under goal. It has to be muscle gain, or water weight. HAS TO BE.

Bottom line, don't get discouraged by the scale numbers. I'm in this for the long haul, not a short lived loss. I like to read the maintaining threads for motivation. It really is a change in lifestyle. I don't want to lose & then gain again. So, even though it's slow, I know I'm making the right choices.

scarlet twilight
10-01-2011, 09:17 AM
'Morning from bonnie Scotland...

Is it ok to jump in on this Christmas Challenge still? I am *just* starting out, and was gonna set a goal for New Years.

Looking forward to getting to know you all... xo

TransformingMyself
10-01-2011, 09:18 AM
Iwannabthin2, You are doing GREAT! :)

tz1024, Thank you! :) I am not following any particular plan. I am eating whole foods (meat, seafood, beans, grains, fruits, veggies, healthy fats, herbs and spices). Staying away from white starchy carbs, sugar, or salt. Consuming about 1,500 calories a day, and drinking at least 120 oz of water a day. I workout 6 days a week. Alternating days of cardio and weight training. What type of plan are you on?

Erin, spaghetti squash, has a slight sweet flavor, and the strands have a crunch to them (if not over cooked ;) ) It is awesome with tomato sauce! You definitely need to try it. It is a staple in my home. So easy to make. The size will determine length of time to cook. I need to start weighing mine, so I can help give exact cooking times. My friend bought one, asked how to cook it, I didn't know what size she had, well it overcooked, but they still enjoyed it. Turns out, hers was half the size of mine. Things you don't think about, because when I buy mine, all of them are close in size, and we live in the same area. So now, I suggest, cooking it for 25 mins, and doing the fork insert test. Mine cook for 40 mins. Hers needed only 25. Let me know how you like it. :)

98DaysOfSummer, Yes try it again. Sorry to hear, it didn't go well last time. Everything is a learning process. :) I hope you feel better soon. Sorry to hear that!

CloudySky, Yes I think you should have lost something too. What is your food menu like? Can you give me a day or 2 of what you are eating, and how much water you are drinking?

rachaelm, I agree, it is water weight. I love your attitude! GREAT advice you gave to CloudySky. All we can do is keep moving forward, and stay on our new path. :)

As for me, I weighed in at 203! I can't wait to see 199.8! :carrot:

I hope everyone has a GREAT weekend! Anyone have any plans? I am kidless, so hubby and I will have a nice quiet, and relaxing time. :)

TransformingMyself
10-01-2011, 09:20 AM
Hello and welcome Scarlet Twilight! We are happy to have you. :)

tz1024
10-01-2011, 10:45 AM
I love getting on here every morning & reading the new posts. This is my first week eating right for the rest of my life. I started last Sunday at 227 and my weigh in this morning is 221 :carrot: I know it comes off quicker in the beginning, but that was definitely a jump start for motivation that I needed. Will definitely be trying the spaghetti squash you all have been talking about this weekend with my family. As this has to be a family thing as well as mine.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

fittby40
10-01-2011, 11:12 AM
I'm in. This is exactly what I need to get me motivated to shed some, OK lots, of pounds. I am a busy mom who works at a job where I sit most of the day. My goal is to lose 20 lbs by Christmas. Thanks for putting this challenge together.:carrot:

CloudySky
10-01-2011, 11:33 AM
I usually only have one meal a day and that's dinner. Other than that it's just little stuff here and there. Yogurt, fruit, crackers with tzatziki (if you never tried that you should!), string cheese, and things like that. Nothing too bad or in excess. Yesterday for dinner we had salmon, broccoli, and pasta with artichoke hearts and lemon sauce. Our meals are pretty balanced. I am sure my calories are not out of control. Maybe my metabolism is confused since I quit drinking coffee the same day I started exercising (because the time I normally have coffee was replaced with walking, lol). Or maybe since it has been SO long since I exercised, it really could be the muscle vs. fat battle going on. I will give it another week or two before freaking out over it. On the bright side, my body actually feels stronger and overall better and I'm looking forward to next week.

Also, does anyone else have this pregnant belly thing going on? Even if the fat goes away, I don't see how my belly won't stick out a mile. What is this and how do you get rid of it? Can you get rid of it? I want my boobs to stick out further than my belly again someday!

TransformingMyself
10-01-2011, 08:20 PM
tz1024, That is awesome! You are doing GREAT! Yes, you will lose more in the beginning. Usually water. Water or fat, 6 lbs off of your body, makes you feel GREAT! :)

fittby40, Hi and welcome! 20 lbs is doable. You will do great! :)

CloudySky, Your dinner looks great, but you really need to eat breakfast and lunch. Your yogurt, fruit, crackers and cheese, are good for snacks inbetween. I eat 5 times a day, breakfast, lunch, dinner and 2 snacks. If you do not see a change in what you are doing, you may want to give it a try. As far as your belly, it will go down eventually. You can not spot reduce a certain area, it will go down. I have lost 42 lbs and my belly is still past my boobs, but very little. When I started it was a big difference. Keep working it girl, your waist will slim down. :)

98DaysOfSummer
10-02-2011, 09:36 AM
I did a sneak peek on the scale and I was down a few - yay! Then we had Chinese food - oops. I am pretty careful about what I order but there is something about Chinese food (um, salt perhaps?) that makes me retain that fluid. I know it will be gone in a day or two but still! How can broccoli be so dastardly!?!

My back seems to be on the mend so I'm going to try doing Walk Away The Pounds after I drop my daughter off at school in the morning. We live FAR to far away to walk and that's an extra long way with her using a walker so we can't sneak exercise in that way. I have the WATP DVDs and I love them.

The weather finally cooled off a bit here and our kids had Friday off so we spent the last two days at the lake and hitting the parks. It's nice to be outside and not swelter in the heat!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. We're doing family stuff today. Wish me luck, I'm in a family of food pushers!

shanhat81
10-02-2011, 10:20 AM
I did a sneak peek on the scale and I was down a few - yay! Then we had Chinese food - oops. I am pretty careful about what I order but there is something about Chinese food (um, salt perhaps?) that makes me retain that fluid. I know it will be gone in a day or two but still! How can broccoli be so dastardly!?!

it's the MSG in the sauces!!! Or, if there's no MSG, whatever they use as a substitute ... I swear, I gain every time I eat it and need a few days for it to go away.

That and alcohol are total kryptonite for me.

Here's another recipe -- I'm making this tomorrow. Back story: my incredible MIL lost about 80 lbs. She's five feet tall, making the number seem even bigger than it is. At nearly 30 years older than me, she can do one-handed pushups.

Consequently, I make everything the way she makes it.

MIL Spinach Lasagna
10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained
15 oz (1 container, it's OK if it's 14 or 16 oz) ricotta cheese -- I
use fat free, but you can use whole milk or part skim
1/4 cup diced onion
1 cup and 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella, divided into those quantities
2 eggs, beaten, *or* 1/4 cup Eggbeaters
2 jars (15.5 oz each) or one large jar (30 oz) spaghetti sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon each: oregano, basil, garlic powder
pinch black pepper
1/2 package lasagna noodles (8 oz), uncooked -- I use 3 noodles per layer
1 cup water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, mix ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella, egg, spinach, onion,
salt, other spices.

In a greased 13x9" pan (or whatever baking dish you have around),
layer 1/2 cup sauce, then at least 3 noodles, then
half of the cheese mix.

Repeat.

Top with remaining noodles, then remaining sauce.

Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella.

Pour water around the edges. Cover tightly with foil.

Bake 1hr 15 mins, or until bubbling. Let stand 15 min.

CloudySky
10-02-2011, 05:15 PM
Shanhat that sounds good! I recently did a spinach lasagna, but didn't think about using egg beaters.

I scrubbed my whole carpet today because my two year old decided to take her brother's sippy cup and squeeze the top and squirt juice everywhere, and I mean everywhere a couple weeks ago. It was apple juice so it didn't show up until it dried and collected dirt. That's my exercise for the weekend, lol... back to walking Monday.

Eruanna
10-03-2011, 03:16 AM
The lasagne recipe sounds really good. I love lasagne, just not all the calories in the traditional version

Went for a walk in the forest after work with a friend - time goes quicker with a friend because you can have a gossip along the way

shanhat81
10-03-2011, 12:27 PM
This one is great ... the egg beaters and the FF ricotta really take the calorie count down.

Been treadmill-ing the last few days and it's not fun.

TransformingMyself
10-03-2011, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the recipe, Shanhat. :) I will definitely try it. I will be substituting lasagna noodles with thin slices of zucchini (using a mandoline slicer, 1/8 inch thick). I can't wait to have it! :)

Nacole
10-03-2011, 06:20 PM
Hey y'all got room for one more? This challenge sounds like fun.

TransformingMyself
10-03-2011, 07:11 PM
Nacole, hi and welcome! We have a lot of room! :)

shanhat81
10-03-2011, 07:56 PM
I've got two more recipes!!! This is the week for my oldies but goodies.

This is from a great blog, Culinary Adventures of a New Wife, which sadly isn't being updated any more.

DH's serving is a cup of the rice mixture with one tilapia fillet. Mine is half a cup of the mixture and one tilapia fillet. (Our fillets are approximately 4 oz, but since we buy fresh, I always have to weigh mine.)

Baked Costa Rican Style Tilapia with Tropical Rice
Adapted from Ingrid Hoffman

1 cup short grain brown rice
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (I used orange pineapple mango juice)
1 lime, juiced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon sugar
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 tilapia fillets, rinsed and patted dry
2 cups homemade salsa
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups diced fresh pineapple
2 limes, thinly sliced

Directions

Combine the rice, chicken broth and a dash of salt in a pot over medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 50 minutes. Remove from heat and keep covered for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork. If using white rice, follow package directions.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

In a mixing bowl, whisk together the orange juice, lime juice, oil, 2 tablespoons of cilantro, the garlic, and sugar; season with salt and pepper. Add the tilapia fillets to the marinade, turning to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes, turning occasionally.

Stir together the cooked rice, salsa, beans, pineapple, and remaining 2 tablespoons of the cilantro in a 2 or 3-quart baking dish. If there is a lot of liquid, drain some since you'll be adding the marinade. Remove the tilapia from the marinade, reserve the marinade, and lay the fish fillets over the rice mixture, overlapping if necessary. Pour the reserved marinade over the fish. Shingle the lime slices over the fish. Bake until the fish flakes easily, is opaque, and cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes. Garnish with chopped cilantro before serving.

shanhat81
10-03-2011, 07:58 PM
This is a chicken meatloaf recipe from one of my favorite Top Chef contestants ever, Antonia Lofaso (via Epicurious).

I make mine half chicken and half turkey to cut the fattiness a bit. Note: using ground BREAST will make it really dry.

I'm also lazy and use dried spices, LOL.

ingredients
2 lbs. ground lean chicken breast
1/4 cup tomato paste
1 Tbs. chopped marjoram
1 Tbs. chopped parsley
1 Tbs. chopped garlic
2 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
2 Tbs. ketchup
Salt and pepper

preparation

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Combine chicken, tomato paste, marjoram, parsley, garlic, onion, Worcestershire sauce, eggs, salt and pepper in a bowl. Place mixture in a nonstick loaf pan; spread ketchup on top.
3. Bake uncovered for about an hour or until meatloaf is firm to the touch in the center. Let meatloaf settle for to minutes before serving.

adaem
10-04-2011, 05:27 PM
I've been MIA again for a few days. One day my life will slow down. Working 7 days a week right now and moving in 9 days. I will not let this hinder my efforts!!

I was up 1 lb this morning:(. I will also not let that hinder my efforts. As busy as I am right now I still got up this morning and did yoga and a bit of strength training. Today is my baby's 10th birthday (big sigh) so she gets to chose where we go for dinner. I will not let that hinder.....you get the picture.

khumphrey
10-04-2011, 05:38 PM
My goal for Christmas is to be 180 pounds.

Starting weight: 207
Weight today: 202
Weight by Christmas Day: 180
Total loss: 27 pounds

VickieLou
10-04-2011, 06:52 PM
I was on vacation when this challenge started, so starting a little late.
My SW: 234.2 GW: 204. So I would like to lose 30.2 Lbs by Christmas.
I have been off plan a very long time, plus haven't been working out much.
So hope this will help me lose alot the first month. Good Luck, Everyone!

SW: 234.2
GW: 204

:clause:

Jojo381972
10-04-2011, 07:26 PM
I hope it's not too late to join this challenge. I'm enjoying the recipes on here and will add a few of my own. I just bought a spaghetti squash last week and now I know how to cook it. YUM!

--
Starting weight: 219
Goal weight: 199
I'd love to be under 200 pounds into onederland by end of December! I'll weigh in next Tuesday and report back.

TransformingMyself
10-04-2011, 07:50 PM
shanhat, thanks for the recipes. Post all that you want. :)

adaem, you are a busy girl! Great job staying on track. Happy Birthday to your little girl. I hope you have a great time. :)

Hello and welcome, khumphrey, VickieLou, and Jojo! :) Here's to us on reaching our goals for Christmas! :carrot:

Erin27
10-04-2011, 08:22 PM
Welcome everyone!
I'm finally back on track...I've started calorie counting along with WWPP and it seems to be helping....I think I was outsmarting myself a little just following WWPP. I snuck an early peak at the scale (well, who am i kidding, i jump on the scale daily so it's not really an early peak) and I was back doing to 231, where i was before last week's gain. I'm kinda hoping to get a little lower than that tomorrow morning, but we'll see, i'll take any loss at this point!
Official WI coming tomorrow! ;-)

Nacole
10-04-2011, 08:59 PM
Thanks for the welcome!

The recipes sound great!

My starting weight 259
Christmas goal weight 229

I'm doing WW Points Plus and Thursdays are my weigh in days.

CloudySky
10-04-2011, 10:53 PM
I walked an hour and a half yesterday, but skipped today to clean house, which was probably just as much work, lol. I'm still not losing anything, but will pick an official weigh day and be sure to weigh at the right time of day. Friday perhaps. Amazingly, carrying a baby and massive double stroller up and down the stairs twice a day seems to be harder than the actual walking! I'm excited I'm into my second week so the initial dreadful part is pretty much over and I have to just keep being consistent at this point. I don't know what's going on with my weight not dropping, but I'm just going to keep at it until it comes off. I may do a fruit and veggie fast for a few days to get my body going if I don't lose something by Monday or so.

Erin27
10-05-2011, 09:35 AM
Down 4lbs this week! That more than makes up for the gain of 1.5 last week. On the move again, I love it. Now off to go and try to find some cheap clothes, I have no winter stuff to wear that fits and its starting to get a little cool up here! Target, Walmart, here I come ;-)
And finally, under 100lbs left to lose for the low end of my goal! YAY!

Jojo381972
10-05-2011, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone!
Congrats Erin on your big loss!
Cloudsky, consistently is important and it sounds like you are off to a great start.

I tried the spaghetti squash recipe and it was great. I did mine in the microwave for 10 minutes per side. I thought it would be faster than in the oven. My new favorite food and no points value (happy dance)!

I'm currently doing the points plus on WW. I've been exercising like crazy this week (I did a step class on Monday, and a flex (muscle toning class tonight). I'm hoping to see a big loss next Tuesday on the scale because last week it stayed still.

jenjulia
10-06-2011, 01:59 AM
I'd like to join the group too. We're going to Mexico in January for the first time in 18 years and I'd like to be healthier by the time we go! If I can be under 200 pounds on Christmas Day, it will be the biggest present that I could ever give myself. :-)

Current Weight: 220
Christmas Day Goal Weight: 199

Today I did the elliptical for 10 minute warm-up, lifted weights for 35 minutes, and then did the treadmill for 25-30 minutes with two short 5 minute jogging sections in the middle of fast walking.

I struggle with eating more than I do with exercise. I actually love to exercise but hate to change my eating habits and that's why I don't seem to lose weight! I love the idea of spaghetti squash lasagna. It sounds really good.

TransformingMyself
10-06-2011, 07:31 AM
Good morning everyone! :)

Erin, I am a daily weigher too. You just can't let it make/break your day. Our weight will fluctuate each day. Awesome job! Congrats on your loss. :)

Nacole, That is a great goal! Can't wait until you achieve it! :)

CloudySky, house cleaning is a lot of work. GREAT way to burn some calories. Omg, I remember the baby days, and I agree, it sure takes a lot out of you. GREAT attitude, keep going, you will find what works for you.

Jojo, Happy to hear you liked the spaghetti squash, huge bonus that it is no points. GREAT! Good luck on your next weigh-in. :)

Jenjulia, hello and welcome! :) Reaching 199 is doable! You can do it! GREAT workout! If you find foods you enjoy eating, it gets easier. For example healthier way to eat pizza/tacos/parm chicken etc. Since eating healthy, my food has better flavor, I eat better now than I ever did in the past. Try new things too! About 1 month ago, I tried tilapia (breaded chipotle tilapia), now i eat it 1 - 2 times a week. It is so good!

As for me, I am doing great. On plan with eating/exercising. Hope everyone has a good day! :)

CloudySky
10-06-2011, 06:01 PM
I'm sticking to my exercising, though my two year old is getting annoyed with sitting in the stroller that long. I made the mistake of letting her out one day to walk and now she always wants out, and then my 10 month old wants out too. Oops! We've compromised that she can get out when we pass back by the school on the way home, lol... I may have to forgo walking and just jog so that it will be over faster. After all, I did lose fifty pounds in 2007 by jogging 30 minutes a day on my lunch break.

Erin27
10-06-2011, 09:30 PM
I tried spaghetti squash today for the first time......ssoooooooo good! I put a 1/2c of light alfredo sauce on it and had a great, filling dinner for 5PP....thanks transforming for introducing it to me!

CloudySky
10-07-2011, 01:28 PM
Fridays my official weigh day... 210.2 yay! Never thought I'd say yay about that, but after two weeks of exercise, I'm glad to see it! Down 2.8 lb from starting weight. I would have to lose a little over 2/wk to meet my goal by Christmas. I'm feeling inspired now!

jenjulia
10-07-2011, 08:08 PM
Congrats, Cloudy Sky!!! It's so awesome to drop the weight, isn't it? I totally get a workout running up and down the stairs in my house when I'm doing housework.

Transforming: Not much of a fish eater but I do like shrimp. I've been trying to eat 1/2 my plate of steamed veggies and 1/4 of it a meat baked, grilled, or broiled "light". It's Friday night though and we usually do pizza for the kids. I ordered it but then I looked up the calories. eek. I had a serving of raisin bran for breakfast and a cup of coffee for a snack and a piece of string cheese for a snack. I was running around cleaning and forgot to each lunch! So while it's not a healthy dinner, I have some calories saved up today....

Last night, I did the elliptical for 20 minutes at a height "6" and a tension or whatever it is called at a 27. Then I did the treadmill at a "6" and 3.6-4.0 speed for 40 minutes. I tried to switch it up as I went with spurts of 3.6 for five minutes, then 3.8 for five minutes, then 4.0 for five minutes, and then slowed it down again, etc...I was sweating like crazy!

I want to work out tonight but it will be 10 pm before I can get to the gym. DH is combining corn and I have to get the kids to bed before I can go exercise. I hope I don't fall asleep first!

Hope everyone is having a great Friday!!!

Jojo381972
10-07-2011, 10:52 PM
:welcome2: JenJulia! It looks like we have the exact same goal. :)
Mexico sounds amazing! I also struggle more with my diet than exercise. I would totally recommend eating spaghetti squash, it is my new go to food! I just bought another one today! :D

Cloudsky: Congrats on your big loss! Amazing that you lost 50 pounds by jogging 30 minutes..do you mind me asking how fast your were jogging? If you did it once, you know that jogging helps for sure. I'm into jogging as well and usually jog around 30 minutes or so but cross train as well.

Erin27: Another spaghetti squash converter! Yay! I put wine pomodero spaghetti sauce on it. I just read a great recipe for pomodoro sauce. I'll find it and post it up.

Transforming: I never heard of tilapia. I don't even know what it is, but I'm a huge Mexican food lover. Congrats on keeping on plan!

I'm doing well this week. I ate out today twice, and feel guilty, but I will work hard over the next three days to keep on plan and not splurge. It'll be hard because I'm going out of town to where all the good food is..hehe. I'm hoping to get in some outdoor exercise (hiking) this weekend. I worked out 4 x's this week at the gym, and I did a few new aerobics and I can feel it in my muscles. I feel more tired than usual , but I know I'm working hard when I feel muscle tireness and some soreness.

jenjulia
10-08-2011, 02:44 AM
JoJo- Hi to you too! I can't believe you can jog for 30 minutes! I can walk pretty fast but I can't get my body to jog more than five minute spurts and pretty slow at that. I was a cross country runner in H.S. and would LOVE to be able to run again. I will try the spaghetti squash. I don't know if they sell it here but I will definately look for it when I go to the grocery store tomorrow. Tilapia is a type of fish. My husband really likes to eat it.

So I ate some pizza (2 small slices and one breadstick) and some grapes. I went to lift weights and did the elliptical at a pretty good rate for 10 minutes to warm up and then after weight lifting I did an hour of walking on the treadmill. I realized how stupid the pizza was. I was so sick! Side stitches, nauseous, dizzy. Oh, man. I will NOT do that again. I'm trying really hard to eat cleaner but it's hard to stay on top of it!

CloudySky
10-08-2011, 11:17 AM
Jojo, I jogged slower than molasses in January. Okay not that slow, but about as slow as a fast walk. Sometimes I would kick it up for little spurts here and there, but generally got into my groove and just went. I can't do it anymore, but will work my way up again. For anyone who thinks that sounds too hard, you just start by walking and doing little jogging spurts until you are tired and need to walk for a bit, and eventually you get to where you only have a few walking spots and then none. Then you can work on going longer and/or faster. With the faster, it's the same, you just increase your pace in spurts until your fast spots get longer and longer. I got to a point where I LOVED jogging. I wanted to just keep going.

I'm bracing myself for the weekend and aiming not to eat too much while visiting with my family. They always have bbq's and tons of fattening food and it's so easy to just keep eating!

Another thing that helped me lose all that weight before was my "rule" that I had to exercise, no matter how big or small, every day. Even if it meant doing thirty sit ups or something, it was something. I've found that going a day or two or three without leads to quitting altogether and then you dread starting back... so do something every day!

98DaysOfSummer
10-08-2011, 11:41 AM
I am the worst challenge participant ever! I can't seem to keep it all together, we just have so much going on but I'm going to make a point of checking in here at night at least. My daughter was never in daycare or preschool, we only ever had to manage doctor's appointments and what we WANTED to do - now she's in kindergarten and they always have something going on at night with her school and we're getting close to the holidays so there's something going on every weekend, my husband is going out of town, we just started Scouts...even though I'm just managing one kid with one activity, it feels like a LOT! In a good way! To make matters even more fun, my scale has suddenly decided to weigh me in kilograms and that means nothing to me! I can't find the manual for it because the thing is probably 8 or ten years old, it's one of the very early Tanita body fat monitoring (and that's a fact you don't want to face every morning, trust me) ones so it's a dinosaur but still accurate. Even in kilos, I guess.

Having done the math, I'm about 283 which is, I think, where I started. Not cool but as busy as I have been, I have guessed at a lot of calories and portion sizes and that never works for me. I can over do it, even on healthy things. Anyway, excuses, excuses - either I can make time and organize myself or I can be fat forever so no more of that.

Enjoy catching up and see how everyone else is doing, good luck through the weekend! Is it tailgate season where you are, too?

momwannabe
10-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Hello everyone! I'm also a terrible challenge participant. I only want to log in when I've lost weight as otherwise I just feel blah. I've been a bit stuck of late. The weight is coming off very slowly, but I've had 2 days of small losses, so I'm now just under 162. I'm not sure why my weight's coming off so slowly - usually if I decide to lose and really stick to a restricted diet, it comes off pretty fast. And usually I'll have big losses and then stabilise for a few days and then have another big loss etc. This time it's really dribs and drabs and I haven't lost more than 1.2 pounds in one go. I must say I'm envious of some of you logging losses of 3 to 6 pounds in a week! But I'm also very proud and pleased for you, of course!!!! This is all very boring! I guess what I'm saying is: you're all doing great, and I'm hanging in there! :-)

Erin27
10-08-2011, 04:28 PM
Mom-remember that the slow steady loss tends to be what sticks....you are making small changes that you can maintain for a lifetime instead of a crash diet that you can't maintain for more than a few months....slow and steady wins the race-its a marathon not a sprint! (and all those other great sayings lol!)
Hang in there! ;-)

shanhat81
10-08-2011, 09:07 PM
Okay ... I'm going to get my act together with the exercise this week. Another week with an under-0.5 loss.

I just may have passed the point where light exercise is enough.

TransformingMyself
10-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Erin, Happy to hear that! You're welcome! :) When I make it with alfredo sauce, I also make parmesan chicken (chicken breast dipped in egg mixture, dipped in panko breadcrumbs (or whole wheat bread crumbs, I make mine) and parmesan cheese mixture (I usually put 1/2 cup of panko and 1/8 cup parm), placed on a cookie sheet sprayed with Pam or olive oil (The Misto is awesome, it is a spray can you add olive oil to, and it sprays out), bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 28 mins (depending on how large or thick yours are it may need more time, just cut through thickest area). They are VERY good! :)

CloudySky, GREAT job. You will make your Christmas goal! :) I know how you feel. When we visit family, they are also pushing food on us. They never give up! LOL That is a great way to think/do things. When you form a habit, you keep going, but when you break the cycle it is hard to get started again.

Jenjulia, my husband hated fish. So I didn't make it, nor did I care. I didn't really care for it growing up. Then one day, we went to Costco. They were handing out samples of chipotle tilapia, so my husband and I decided to try it. OMG it was so good. Went to look at the box and it was filled with sodium. That turned me off. So I decided to pick up Tilapia filets, and come up with my own recipe, and I love it so much. Now my husband eats fish. Never did I think he would EVER! LOL If you want the recipe, let me know (I posted the recipe under my response to Jojo). :) Sounds like you had an awesome workout yesterday! GREAT job! Sorry to hear that about the pizza. Just keep pushing forward. All of us make mistakes, what matters is what you learn from them. If you want my pizza recipe let me know, it is really good. :)

Jojo, tilapia is a fish. Here is my recipe: Dip tilapia in 100% whole wheat flour, then dip in egg mixture (beat two eggs in a bowl), sprinkle a little chipotle powder, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder on both sides, dip into panko bread crumbs, place on a pan (warmed up with olive oil), and cook for about 16 mins (8 mins on each side), depending on the size of your filet, you may need more or less time. I am a huge Mexican food lover too! We make awesome chicken fajitas. I slice and cook onions and green peppers, place the onions and peppers in a bowl, then I cook chicken, after chicken is cooked, I slice up the chicken place the chicken, onions and green peppers, I season it with a mixture of chipotle powder, chili powder, cumin and garlic powder (I use more chipotle powder and chili powder than I do cumin and garlic powder), then I blend a couple tomatoes into a crushed tomato or sauce and add that to the fajita mixture. Warm up corn tortillas (in a pan with Pam, or I just bought a great Taco rack on Amazon, you bake them in the oven), top the taco with shredded baby spinach, tomatoes and guacamole (smash avocado, diced onion, diced tomato, chopped cilantro, squeeze of lime juice and pepper). I also make a corn salsa. If you want the recipe, let me know. :) Sounds like you had a great workout this week. :)

98DaysOfSummer, The struggles of every day life. Fun huh? I am right there with you. There ALWAYS seems to be something going on every weekend. When all I want to do is relax and enjoy being home. Hopefully things slow down for you soon. Yes, then the holidays! Always something! LOL ;) Hope you have a good weekend!

momwannabe, everyones body is different, the people pulling larger numbers, have more weight to lose. As you get closer to goal, it takes longer. Hang in there girly, your hardwork WILL pay off. :)

As for me. I made it to onederland today! Weighed in at 199.6! Feels GREAT! Spending the next couple of days, getting everything ready for my upcoming trip. So nice to finally feel good about myself, and I will definitely enjoy my trip for once (past 10 years, I didn't). Hope everyone has a GREAT night/weekend!

Eruanna
10-09-2011, 04:55 AM
Took my new running shoes for a run today :) I didn't realise how worn my last pair had become, but after wearing a new pair - wow! Felt like running on clouds.

Haven' weighed myself for a couple of weeks due to being sick ... not quite brave enough to check yet, but planning on hitting the gym this week so will wait until Friday.

Erin27
10-10-2011, 07:23 AM
Gonna be a tough WI for me this week....not only has TOM showed for the first time in 2+ years (silly weaning from breastfeeding!) but I have a huge exam today for my certification....i ALWAYS bring M&Ms with me for these big exams (Started with the SATs and its carried me thru) and will be doing so again today.....hopefully i won't overdo it, but on the flip side, I"m not going to pay too much attention to it b/c I'd rather focus on the test and not focus on what's going into my mouth....hopefully next week there will be a good woosh! ;-)

khumphrey
10-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Rough week last week and I have stalled at 202. My mom told me this morning that maybe I cheated more than I should of, I agree. No cheating for me this week. I will be in the 190's by next week I am so determined. Good Luck All!

momwannabe
10-10-2011, 04:35 PM
Another 0.4 down, making my weight 161.5 pounds.

TransformingMyself
10-10-2011, 06:17 PM
Hi everyone! :)

Eruanna, That is great! I am the same way, don't realize you really need something, until you buy it. Can't wait to hear status. :)

Erin, I hate TOM! LOL Good luck on your exam! Hope you get a wooshie next week! :)

khumphrey, You are so close. Yes, stay clean, and you will be there quick! Good luck! :)

momwannabe, congrats! You are doing great! Soon you will be in the 150's! So exciting! I can't wait to see the 150's. ;)

As for me, I weighed in today at 198.8! Feels great! I can't wait to see the 180's. That will feel amazing! :) Hope everyone has a GREAT night!

jenjulia
10-10-2011, 11:36 PM
98Days: It's tough having kids and activities, I can relate to that. Sometimes I have my kids ride their scooters or bikes and I try to do jogging jags while they get exercise too. It's not easy but the kids think it's pretty fun! When I'm waiting for the kids to be done at activities, I've seen moms speedwalk outside, that sort of thing....maybe that would help? You're doing great though! Congrats on the 5 lbs!!! :carrot:

Momwannabe: Also, some of us are just starting our journey, so we might lose more initially (water weight, etc...) and then it will slow down. Keep staying focused and the weight will come off. Slower is better like Erin said...you will keep it off rather than gain back.

Transforming: You look fabulous and ready for fun! I hope your trip is great!! We love Disney too at our house. I think I might have to try the Tillapia. My husband laughed at me because he's tried to get me to eat fish for 20 years! I eat shrimp and crab. Love 'em! Can you post your pizza recipe? You have lots of good recipes and I'd love it if you would share more of them!! The produce manager of our grocery store ordered some spaghetti squash and it should be here soon. I'm anxious to try it out!! Also...WOO HOO!!!!![/I] [I]Congrats on making it to Onderland! I'm super excited for you!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Euranna: Glad that you had a great run! New shoes are soooo nice for the feet.

Erin: Good luck with the exams! I'm sure there will be a woosh next week. TOM is no fun with the scale, that's for sure!!

khumphrey: You CAN do it! Stay focused and it will become reality!! You are so close! :hug:

I was careful with the eating this weekend but had a couple glasses of wine last night. I worked out this morning. 10 min elliptical to warm up, 40 minutes weights, 15 minutes on the treadmill. Will hopefully be down on my "weigh-in Wednesday."

TransformingMyself
10-11-2011, 08:45 AM
Jenjulia, Thank you so much. :) If you decide to try the tilapia, let me know how you like it. Funny thing is, when I get low on it in the freezer, that is the top thing on my list. My husband is the same way, he will actually count them! Saying, honey we only have 3 left. Too funny and cute. Yes, I will share my recipes, I tried to make a point of doing that before. Did you happen to see my turkey chili recipe (I posted it somewhere before, if not, easy to post it here too)? Do you like ground turkey and/or chili? It is AWESOME!

Here is the pizza recipe:

I cook 1/2 lb of chicken breast, and season it with Costco's 21 organic herb and seasoning (or you can season it with garlic powder, pepper, onion powder, oregano, and basil (make sure the garlic powder and onion powder contain no sodium). After you cook the chicken slice or dice it.
I use Boboli 100% whole wheat pizza crust.
Then I spray olive oil on it, using my Misto (awesome gadget)
Then I use Dei Fratelli (Can of crushed tomatoes with basil and herbs, no salt added) for my sauce, I put a nice layer of it on (use to make my own until I found this).
I put baby spinach on top of the sauce (I cover the whole pizza with it, single layer), top it with green pepper, onion, mushrooms, cooked chicken, and 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese (you can add any toppings you like), bake in the oven at 450 degrees for 8 - 10 mins. It is a great, healthy alternative! :)

As for me, I go back to work today. Dreading it! LOL I am all packed and ready to go! I leave in 3 days, super excited. I hope everyone has a GREAT day.

jenjulia
10-11-2011, 11:40 AM
Here is the pizza recipe:

I cook 1/2 lb of chicken breast, and season it with Costco's 21 organic herb and seasoning (or you can season it with garlic powder, pepper, onion powder, oregano, and basil (make sure the garlic powder and onion powder contain no sodium). After you cook the chicken slice or dice it.
I use Boboli 100% whole wheat pizza crust.
Then I spray olive oil on it, using my Misto (awesome gadget)
Then I use Dei Fratelli (Can of crushed tomatoes with basil and herbs, no salt added) for my sauce, I put a nice layer of it on (use to make my own until I found this).
I put baby spinach on top of the sauce (I cover the whole pizza with it, single layer), top it with green pepper, onion, mushrooms, cooked chicken, and 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese (you can add any toppings you like), bake in the oven at 450 degrees for 8 - 10 mins. It is a great, healthy alternative! :)

Yum! That sounds awesome!! I buy a different brand of whole wheat pizza crust. It's awesome! I make the kids personal pizzas using those crusts too. I bought a misto a couple years ago. I agree! It's great!! I love the idea of using the crushed tomatoes instead of sauce though. I will try that. Your pizza sounds great! Don't laugh but we had chili last night...but with ground beef. I had one cup of it with a little bit of shredded cheese on top. It fills me up so much more than a lot of foods (I think it's all the beans!). Mine is really simple, can of kidney beans, "hot" chili beans, can of chili ready tomatoes and a lb of 96/4 ground beef browned with a chopped medium onion. Put in the crock pot in the morning on medium.

I didn't eat so great this morning. I made whole grain blueberry muffins for the kids for breakfast. I had been really good at not being tempted all week last week by sugary breakfasts but today, I had two muffins. I'll have to be more careful for lunch (salad) and dinner tonight!

Haven't exercised yet today. I'm lazy getting started but I saw a woman out running today who looked like she was about my size and I was so inspired! You ladies that jog/run are amazing!! Hope everyone's having a great Monday!!

ETA: The kids had a no school day yesterday and my days are mixed up!!! Have a great TUESDAY, lol! ;-)

CloudySky
10-11-2011, 01:26 PM
Okay well I messed up yesterday and went to pizza buffet, BUT I did a couple things I am proud of: ate a big plate of salad first with vinaigrette instead of ranch, and drank water with lemon instead of Dr. Pepper! Usually if I eat salad at the buffet, I only eat a little pile next to my mound of pizza. This time I had a whole plate of salad and some fruit. It helps that this place has an excellent salad bar. Anyway, that is my confession for the weekend. I am still on my exercising wagon though, and determined not to fall off! Not to mention I've been sick, and still managed to slug my way through those one hour walks each morning. There is a light at the end of this tunnel!

TransformingMyself
10-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Jenjulia, I just bought the Misto a few weeks ago. One of my favorite kitchen gadgets. Love it! For Christmas, I am buying all of my siblings one with a bottle of olive oil. LOL The chili fills you up because of the protein and fiber. So yes, the beans help with that. :) Your recipe is nice and easy! Mine is too much work. haha! Just so you know, beef is double the calories than chicken/pork/turkey. I limit my beef to maybe once or twice a month. Things happen, don't beat yourself up over the muffins. Keep pushing forward. That is great motivation. I watch Biggest Loser, and it makes me do a second workout. Which I drag my husband to do as well. ;) Both of us are doing this together.

CloudySky, Good to hear that is all you did. Some people can get into some serious stuff there. I use too! LOL I avoid restaurants of any kind. If the food is healthy, it still has a lot of sodium. Which I keep very low. Great job on your workouts! Hope you feel better soon. :)

As for me, I just got home. Feels great! :carrot: What is everyone looking to have for dinner tonight? I am making.....chipotle tilapia, and a salad (baby spinach, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, and green pepper) with homemade balsamic dressing (2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil, a pinch of chives (dry green onions), a pinch of oregano, a small pinch of thyme, and a teaspoon of minced garlic), mix all ingredients together and place in the fridge for 20 mins before adding it to the salad). The salad is for 2 people (my husband and I), and it is a nice size. ;) Hope everyone has a GREAT night! :)

CloudySky
10-12-2011, 12:54 PM
My skin is breaking out like crazy. And I have banned myself from looking at the scale in between Fridays. I hope I'm doing okay! I noticed that stepping on it hoping to see a lower number becomes addictive, so I'm not allowing my whole mission to revolve around that number. I considered making myself go even longer than a week between weigh-ins... but I guess we need to see that number to keep us accountable for what we are doing all week long!

Erin27
10-12-2011, 01:41 PM
Cloudy-I totally understand about stepping on the scale daily becoming addictive! I, however, need that daily check in to stay accountable...it keeps me tracking, eating well, etc...when I skip days on the scale, it gets dangerous. I do keep Wednesday as my official WI day however. The rest of the weights don't count, just Wednesday
And, since it is Wed, I WI today and as expected from TOM, my exam & M&Ms, and going to the gym for the first time in a week yesterday, I'm up 2.5 to 231....not as bad as I had expected, but hopefully I'll get rewarded next week!

CloudySky
10-12-2011, 02:30 PM
True Erin... if I gain this week, I may go back to letting myself be obsessed, LOL! Better to be addicted to the numbers than to not lose anything at all haha... we will see Friday.

jenjulia
10-12-2011, 04:04 PM
Cloudysky: I am right there with you. Well, at the pizza buffet over the weekend. You did better than me so good job having the salad!!!!

Erin: I'd say with the stresses, the TOM, you're doing good. Next week the water you're retaining will woosh out and you'll be surprised! I think that's what happened to me this week!

Transforming: I'm a huge BL follower. Last night I didn't get to watch it but I get on demand so I will watch it when it loads on there and I have some time to jump on the treadmill! I wish that I could do chili with a different type of meat rather than beef. To please the family, I make what they will eat and then I try to be as careful with the portion as I can be! Spaghetti squash won't be at the grocery store until Friday now so I'm waiting impatiently to try it! I can't even remember what I had for dinner last night. I think I had a salad? It was either for dinner or lunch.

Well, the water weight that I was retaining has wooshed out of the system so I had a big drop this morning and then when I weighed myself after exercising, I had another big woosh. I always use the first number but find it interesting how much water weight I loose when I exercise. I drink a small bottle of water (pint) for every lb that I lose while exercising. I read that somewhere and I feel so much better after I drink that water!! I took advantage of free blood pressure and glucose screening at the grocery store this morning (fasting glucose) and bp was as usual: 120 over 70. Never changes unless I'm mega stressed. Glucose was a bit disappointing...it was 100 which technically means that I am "pre-diabetic" I suppose. I think 100-120 fasting blood glucose level is pre-diabetic. Well, it's just something that I will have to work on and remember! If anything, exercising and eating healthier will help. I worked with the trainer (I meet with him once a week usually) for an hour this morning and he really makes me sweat. We did legs today and they are worn out! I've been meeting with him for five or six weeks now and it's really made a difference (weightlifting)!

Oh, I also weigh in on Wednesdays (once a week) officially but I weigh myself most days just to remind myself to stay on track. I am on the ledge of moving into an overweight bmi. I'm going to put in the work and stay on track with my eating so that I can be officially overweight again next week.

JILLIANCHASE
10-13-2011, 07:03 AM
Hello everyone. I would like to join this challenge. I currently weigh 269lbs. I would like to lose 30lbs before Christmas.

khumphrey
10-13-2011, 01:40 PM
After a stall out due to falling off the wagon for a bit. I am back at it and currently I weigh 201. Just 21 more pounds to go by Christmas. Good luck everyone. I know we can do it!

airbear
10-13-2011, 03:16 PM
hi there! I'd like to join in the challenge. I'd like to lose 20 pounds by Christmas. So my goal is 207 by Christmas!!!

CloudySky
10-13-2011, 06:02 PM
Welcome new joiners! Jillian you are in my neck of the woods (if we can call Houston woods, haha).

My second weigh day is tomorrow. I have been eating fruit all day to try to ensure no gain, lol... I guess weigh days serve more than one purpose. I've exercised every day, so maybe that will pay off again, though I can't say those walks were very fast or enthusiastic. I'm looking forward to a better week next week!

TransformingMyself
10-14-2011, 05:43 AM
Jen, I love BL, we watch every season. :) I know what you mean, my husband is on plan with me, but our children are not. So we make separate meals for them. It does take up too much time, but you know how kids are. Picky and fussy. LOL Awesome job with the swoosh. Don't let that worry you. You are going in the right direction. You can change your outcome. That is awesome, nice to have some extra help!

Hello and welcome Jillian! :) Good luck with your goal! You will do great! :)

khumphrey, you are soooo close! :)

Hi and welcome airbear! :) Doable goal, you can do it! :)

CloudySky, good luck with your weighin today! :)

As for me, I am leaving today for our anniversary trip. I hope everyone has a great weekend/week. I will post when I can. :)

CloudySky
10-14-2011, 12:38 PM
Weigh in 212, gained 1.8 :(
Oh well. I've pretty much ruled out failure at this point so no matter how long it takes, I've waged war on this fat and it's going to lose.

Erin27
10-14-2011, 08:51 PM
Cloudy, I like that attitude....I may steal your quote about waging war....its cute ;)

momwannabe
10-15-2011, 03:07 AM
A new low of 159.7! Yay, yay, yay! 21.7 to go by Christmas.

shanhat81
10-15-2011, 11:04 AM
Finally in the 160s!!!!

jenjulia
10-15-2011, 07:57 PM
Jillian & Airbear: Welcome!!!

Momwannabe & Shanhat: Congrats!!!

Khumphrey: I'm so excited to see you enter onderland! Almost there!!

Cloudysky: I'm sorry that the weigh-in wasn't as you had hoped. BUT...I'm betting that next week you see a woosh on the scale. I like your war on fat saying too. It is a war and it's one that is so easy to surrender to but it's so worth winning!!! You've had a busy and stressful week. Next week will be better! I see that you like to eat fruit. Have you ever bought frozen fruit with no sugar added and blended it in a mixer with a little bit of Dole Pineapple Juice? I use 1/4 to 3/4 cup juice depending on how much fruit I use but I like it really thick. I call it a fruit shake. A couple of my kids like it, one doesn't...but it is a fun desert with few calories. Not quite as sweet as ice cream though!

Transforming: Oh, I do that too. Sometimes I feel like a short order cook around here! Hope your trip is awesome!!! Your pics are inspring btw!

I didn't exercise on Thursday because my legs still felt like jello after Wednesday's workout. Friday morning I did 10 min on the elliptical to warm up, 40 minutes lifting weights and 10 min on the treadmill to cool down. I'm hoping/planning to walk tonight on the treadmill at home. It's an old one and sometimes the motor shuts off and I'm feeling lazy but I keep telling myself that I need to keep moving. The scale hasn't moved since Wednesday and I had a big woosh last week. I'm a little worried that it will stay put this week. Seems like that happens to me a lot. I tend to lose in wooshes...

Eruanna
10-16-2011, 02:13 AM
Ouch ouch ouch! I had my first session at Crossfit yesterday and today I am feeling the effects. I'm back there for more punishment tomorrow. My weight has stayed the same this week, but I haven't been totally strict with the diet. But have to be very good this week as the following week I am on a long overdue vacation for a few days :)

jenjulia
10-16-2011, 01:03 PM
Ouch ouch ouch! I had my first session at Crossfit yesterday and today I am feeling the effects. I'm back there for more punishment tomorrow. My weight has stayed the same this week, but I haven't been totally strict with the diet. But have to be very good this week as the following week I am on a long overdue vacation for a few days :)

I had to look this up because I keep reading about crossfit but didn't know what it was! Sounds intense!! Did you start doing crossfit because you go to a gym that has a crossfit program or did you figure it out on your own by reading how to do it on here or on a crossfit website? Sounds interesting!

sassyangies
10-17-2011, 01:16 PM
Hi Guys!! My name is Angelia I would love to join your challenge. I know I'm late, but I just joined 3FC yesterday. I'm excited to get started. I'm 310 and I would like to be at 290 by Christmas. So 20 pounds.

AndLy
10-17-2011, 01:55 PM
Weigh-in day today...only 15.5 to go for my Christmas challenge goal :)))

Welcome sassyangies...good luck!

Eruanna
10-17-2011, 01:59 PM
I had to look this up because I keep reading about crossfit but didn't know what it was! Sounds intense!! Did you start doing crossfit because you go to a gym that has a crossfit program or did you figure it out on your own by reading how to do it on here or on a crossfit website? Sounds interesting!

I'd heard of it but never tried it, but one has just opened up around the corner from where I live so I signed up :) Quite hard, but I've been getting really bored at the gym so this is good for staying focused for the whole hour.

Michelle210
10-17-2011, 04:53 PM
HI,
I just joined this site yesterday and am very interestedin joining the Christmas challenge. Is it too late to join? I currently weigh 210 and would like to loose 15 lbs by Christmas. Im currently walking 3.3 miles 4-5 days a week and am looking for a good workout dvd to add. Good Luck to everyone in the challange!

CloudySky
10-17-2011, 06:25 PM
Jenjulia, I weighed myself today and I was 209.8, which is below my previous weigh in, so I'm on track still. I guess Friday was an off day. With an 11 month old and 2.5 yr old, I barely have time to grab a whole apple and eat it, much less make smoothies, lol... but I will keep that in mind for a special treat. My kids all love those things.

I'm in my fourth week of exercise and had my first lazy day where I declined walking after dropping my son off at school. It was foggy and very muggy and I just said screw it. Then we came home, ate spaghetti for breakfast, and slept all afternoon. It was wonderful. Thankfully, walking to the school twice a day already gives me forty minutes of exercise, so I didn't totally do without. And I ate an apple and string cheese for lunch.

Thinking taco salad for dinner. I have never made that, but I run out of ideas for hamburger meat. I'm thinking of putting some tortilla chips on bottom, all the veggies on that, some ground seasoned burger on top and a little cheese... what do people use for dressing on taco salad? I usually do olive oil and a blend of vinegars, but not sure how that goes with taco salad, lol. Any ideas?

AndLy
10-18-2011, 06:30 PM
I usually mix a little bit of light sour cream with some salsa or taco sauce and that's my dressing :)

sassyangies
10-18-2011, 07:01 PM
That sounds like it tastes great. I'm going to have to try that.

I usually mix a little bit of light sour cream with some salsa or taco sauce and that's my dressing :)

CloudySky
10-19-2011, 02:11 AM
I ended up doing the olive oil and vinegar and then a very small amount of ranch (I know, forbidden terrible RANCH) swirled over the top and it was wonderful. I should have taken a picture because it was pretty too. I had no sour cream or salsa! The husband and kids liked it too. I forgot to put black beans on it as planned, but it was still good.

jenjulia
10-19-2011, 12:34 PM
Sassyangies & Michelle- Welcome!!

Euranna: I'm impressed! I started lifting weights right around labor day and it's a tough workout for me. I like some of the stuff I read on crossfit and wonder if when I get in better shape if I might try that. Sounds like a tough workout but also that it works!

Cloudysky: Great job!!! A couple of weeks ago I had a stressful TOM week and the week before. I don't think I dropped any weight and I worked really hard. Now it seems to be coming off. I can see how when I tried to lose weight before and I stopped, how if I had kept going the scale would have eventually moved down. Your dressing sounds really good! I think that having "treats" in moderation is ok so you don't feel deprived and binge because if I don't treat myself once in a while, I will binge. Right now I'm trying to stay AWAY from the cookies. Lol. I have three kids but mine are older so I have a bit more time. Don't beat yourself up about having a break day with exercise. I didn't exercise yesterday. Life gets busy!

I know that you posted about taco's yesterday so this won't help you but sometimes I like to take fat free refried beans and spread a serving of it on a plate, warm it up, then take shredded lettuce, taco sauce and any other veggies I have around and I layer that on top. It's pretty good. But I'm a sucker for tex-mex. I worked at a Taco John's in HS and college for four years. Many years ago, lol. Their dressing is creamy italian mixed with their taco sauce. Love that too (I've never tried making it at home but I think a light creamy italian would be good with taco sauce).

AndLy: Your dressing sounds really good!

I read about a cool website on 3FC called skinnytaste.com. Seriously, if anyone's looking for some good low cal recipes, she's got them. I've made a couple of them over the weekend and they were awesome. I think she even has the WW points and points+ points figured on in her recipes. I made the kids and myself her chocolate cupcakes (devil's food cake mix, ff choc pudding, and a cup of pumpkin) and they were amazing. My oldest son (6th grade) can't keep his hands off them. I think they are 104 calories a piece. Anyhow, I talk too much but I thought you guys might be interested.

Worked out on the treadmill over the weekend on Sunday and Monday. Lifted weights this morning w/ elliptical and treadmill warmup and cooldown. Should have been at MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) but I NEEDED the workout. Weight's down 2.6 this week. 212.4. No longer obese for my height. I feel really good about that.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!!!

CloudySky
10-19-2011, 04:54 PM
Yum, creamy Italian and taco sauce sounds really good! I think I will try that one of these times. I'm a sucker for texmex too, which is sometimes challenging to do healthy. I love enchiladas.... I did a chicken spinach enchilada dinner one night that was pretty good and not too bad health wise. I don't like whole wheat tortillas, but you can't tell much when they are in enchiladas because of the sauce.

This week has been such a flop. My son has missed the last two days of school due to him and my two babies being sick, which has completely put a halt on exercise. It's easy to just keep exercising when I'm sick, but when all the kids are sick it's a lot harder. I need a DVD for back up exercise. I find most DVD's to be terribly boring and a waste of money. Anyone have any recommendations that are not boring and not insanely difficult? I like dance and stuff like that, but I'm sorry Denise Austin does not have the moves or good music!

jenjulia
10-20-2011, 10:35 AM
Cloudsky: I wouldn't worry about exercising when you are sick. Most of weight loss is diet. When you are feeling better try a video. Or if you have stairs in your house you can run/walk up and down them multiple times. You could try doing squa ts while watching tv or walking lunges while holding weights. Push ups against a wall or on your knees to start. I do have a couple videos that I like...Jillian Michael 30 day shred and her yoga video. I also like The Firm videos. Sorry about the kids being sink. We're going through that here too! Th enchiladas sound great! I think the ratio is two parts tacos sauce to one part creamy Italian.It's been 18 years since I worked there... so I could be off on the ratios... It's not w/o calories but it does taste good.

scarlet twilight
10-20-2011, 05:37 PM
Sorry I've not been present...so constantly busy.

Have been on plan (for the most part) this week...until we went out to dinner tonight. :devil: Ugh. :p Disgusted with myself :(...but it just means I need to go to gym tomorrow.

Cloudysky...so sorry about the wee yins! Hope you and they are all back to good health soon!!! :hug: ...I bought Carmen Elektra's fit to strip ages ago (lulz) and it was a load of crap. Meh...I was looking for dance moves and it was just her jumping about in a pink jogging suit while her trainer did most of the work.

meh.

Good luck, dolls! xoxo

AndLy
10-20-2011, 08:28 PM
AndLy: Your dressing sounds really good!

I read about a cool website on 3FC called skinnytaste.com. Seriously, if anyone's looking for some good low cal recipes, she's got them. I've made a couple of them over the weekend and they were awesome. I think she even has the WW points and points+ points figured on in her recipes. I made the kids and myself her chocolate cupcakes (devil's food cake mix, ff choc pudding, and a cup of pumpkin) and they were amazing. My oldest son (6th grade) can't keep his hands off them. I think they are 104 calories a piece. Anyhow, I talk too much but I thought you guys might be interested.

Oh heck yes, I seriously stalk skinnytaste. Gina is my hero!

CloudySky
10-20-2011, 11:17 PM
Scarlet, thank you for the recommendation of what not to do, lol. I remember when that video was a big thing. I never bought it.

Jen, I finally got back out to walk today. My kids are still sick, but on the upswing I think. I was going stir crazy being stuck in the house that long. I actually like focusing more on the exercise because it makes me feel deprived and starving when I think too much about the food, which makes me do worse. Of course diet is important, but I can't drive myself crazy about it for sure like I have done in the past. I think, for me at least, it's counterproductive to worry too much about what I'm eating. I just have a few rules I stick by. I don't buy junk food ever, I generally stay away from soda unless we eat out which I'm even trying to eliminate that urge too, and I try to have fruits and/or vegetables with every meal and healthy snacks available. I'm not losing super fast, but it's working for me.

To everyone, I just wanted to share this new thing I've been doing with vegetables that my kids and husband really like, and obviously, I do too. I even do this with canned veggies. Just spray a cookie sheet with olive oil spray, spread out the vegetables, and sprinkle with salt and pepper (and whatever else you want depending on your veggie and meal - lemon juice is a favorite) and drizzle olive oil, and bake on 425 about 15-20 minutes, maybe stir around once and cook a little more. You may need to adjust heat and time to your oven, but the goal is to brown or blacken the vegetables a little. It's sooooo good. I hate green beans, but I did this to two cans of green beans the other night and even I liked it. Tonight I did a pack of frozen broccoli and a pack of frozen yellow squash to go with our healthy chicken enchiladas (decided to have a change from rice and beans with Mexican food, so we had this and fresh strawberries). You can do it with frozen, canned, or fresh veggies. Fresh usually takes longer to cook.

erinmg
10-21-2011, 02:47 AM
Hi everyone! Looks like I'm a little late to the party, but would love to join. Currently 185, would love to be down to 170 by Christmas. Have a great day!

AndLy
10-21-2011, 01:32 PM
Welcome erinmg! 15 lbs is totally doable by then, good luck!

CloudySky, I will have to try that. I usually do that with asparagus and cauliflower but I hadn't thought about green beans.

CloudySky
10-21-2011, 01:51 PM
Today is my weigh day, and good news, down to 208!!! I'm pretty happy with that! I thought for sure with my lazy week I'd be up. So concluding four weeks of exercise, I have lost 7 pounds. I have a mini goal to lose 20 by November 19 (which would actually be 18 since I started mini goal at 210) because my boys are having their birthday party and I might be seeing people I haven't seen in a long time. That always motivates me to push a little harder, and the fact that people will be taking pictures of me whether I protest or not - ANNOYING - but oh well. I know that's a little high of a goal, but who knows. :)

momwannabe
10-23-2011, 03:05 AM
Hello everyone! Haven't logged into this thread for a while. Work has been unbelievably busy. So sorry to have missed everything! But sounds like everyone's been doing really well.

I've booked our Christmas accommodation, so now Christmas is really close. I have to pack my Christmas charity boxes tonight. Not really in the Chrismas mood yet, but will put on some music and see if i can get some spirit!

Anyway, am losing nicely at the moment - please, please, please may it last! And have been at 156.6 for two days now. A total loss of 14.1 pounds, and sort of half way to what I originally wanted to lose. I'm to the low side of "overweight" in terms of BMI now and can't wait to be average! :-)

Keep up the good work, everyone!

CherryPie99
10-23-2011, 10:30 AM
Well, we're 4 weeks in to the challenge - how's everyone doing?

Surprisingly, I am down 9 pounds in these 4 weeks. If I can keep this pace I'll definitely make my goal of losing 20 by Xmas!

AndLy
10-24-2011, 04:34 PM
I'm doing fairly well...I have 13 pounds to go to hit my Christmas goal :) I sure as heck hope I can make it!!!

hcanda
10-25-2011, 02:48 AM
Yes, Yes, and Yes! I'm in and maybe by that time I will have a ticker! hahahaha JK

TransformingMyself
10-25-2011, 08:37 AM
Good morning everyone! I just got back last night. Wanted to say a quick hello and I will catch up as soon as I can. I go back to work today. I hate it! LOL I hope everyone is doing well. Chat soon! :)

jenjulia
10-25-2011, 01:31 PM
Cloudysky: Great job!!! Losing slowly is better than losing fast and I think you're doing great! If you lose too fast I think it's more likely that you will regain. Your roasted veggies sound awesome!! I really struggle to lose weight because I feel deprived all the time. I had to quit WW because I start binging everytime I join, lol! My dh says he knows when I'm trying to lose weight because I grocery shop and hoard food like a squirrel. Seriously. I have some sort of weird relationship with food that I'm trying to mend but everyday is a major struggle.

AndLy: I tried a chicken recipe with mushrooms sauteed with a mixture of chicken broth, white wine, and fresh parsley from skinnytaste. It was AMAZING! You'd never know it was lowfat/lowcal. Seriously, she has some awesome recipes on there! I have 13 pounds to lose to make my Christmas goal too. I've had a couple really great weeks but here it is the day before my weigh day and I'm the same weight as last week! Oh well, I'm already focused on next week!

Transforming: Welcome back! I hope you had a magical time!

Momwannabe: great job! I can't wait to be in the low overweight numbers! I've heard it gets more difficult to lose weight the closer you are to your goal weight but if you keep working on it, you will definately be successful!

CherryPie: Keep up the great work! It will pay off!

hcanda & Erin: Welcome!

Scarlet: Love that name, btw! Don't beat yourself up. Every once in a while we need a break from plan. I'm sitting on two days of not eating well, truthfully. Weekend was hard....but I focused on moving yesterday too. Wish the scale would move too, lol!

I had a rough weekend with food. I haven't bought any Halloween candy at all this year and dh brought home a bag of kitkats on Friday night. I made it two days and then Sunday afternoon I had one which turned into two. Saturday night after the kids were in bed I had two glasses of wine (second time in five weeks that I've had anything adult to drink but I swear it makes me eat everything and anything in sight).

But I did exercise with the trainer guy yesterday morning for an hour (upper body with elliptical warmup and treadmill cooldown). Then I came home and was determined to get on the treadmill. I did 3.8 mph w/out much of an incline and then decided why not try to jog after I had gone 2 miles. I jogged 1.5 miles or so. I couldn't believe it! I haven't run/jogged that much since H.S. when I was in cross country and had a running buddy. I literally cried a second when I realized I had gone more than a mile. Granted, it was SLOW, but I felt so strong and empowered....

weigh in tomorrow. Not expecting much. Really. I've had two weeks of good losses. It's time for a bounce or a slow down or something.

Have a great day ladies!!!!

khumphrey
10-25-2011, 03:29 PM
Well today is a new day! Last week was a bust. I spent 5 days away from home and it seemed that fast food was easier. Thank goodness I only gained 1/2 a pound. So I am at around 10 pounds lost and 20 to go for my christmas challenge I need to get my butt in gear.

Good Luck All.

CloudySky
10-25-2011, 10:00 PM
Jen, that is exactly what always happened to me, which is why I just had to stop worrying so much about food and follow some simple guidelines for myself to keep it fairly healthy. No calorie counting or anything like that. Weight watchers was a nightmare for me because it seemed like when I got close to my quota, my brain would decide that I was starving. I don't want to be repetitive and say all my "rules" again, but the most important ones are not buying bad food and now instead of having seconds, I usually eat an apple if I'm hungry after dinner. I've also been trying to eat the "worst" meal in the morning. For example, my daughter and I love spaghetti, so sometimes we have that for breakfast. I figure it is better to have that sort of thing early than right before bed. I just feel better when I do it that way anyway for some reason. I also only drink water with dinner. If I have anything besides water, it's also early in the day and I drink it out of a kid cup. I don't know about other people, but just changing little things like this has really made the most tremendous difference for me and once they are a habit, they don't feel painful and I don't tend to even think much about it. They are changes that can be made for the long run.

jenjulia
10-26-2011, 01:06 AM
khumphrey: I think that's good considering everything that's going on in your life right now. I don't have this book but a HS classmate that recently lost 100 lbs recommended it to me: "Calorie King." Apparently it has all the fast food restaurants and their calorie content? That might help you out when you are on the go...sometimes just switching a little bit of what you eat makes a huge difference. I have the WW dining out book that says how many points certain foods are which I sort of can figure out if I should eat it or not. If something's over 12 points I try to stay clear!! I'm not a calorie counter/point counter...I've probably failed at WW about 10-15 times in the past 11 years so....lol. rather embarrassing.:o

CloudySky: You need to update your new numbers on your profile;). I completely understand where you are coming from. That's so much like me. If I even try to start counting calories, my brain can't process it and I end up sabotaging myself. It's really frustrating. I do the same things that you're mentioning. I figure that if I'm eating healthier and losing weight, everything's working...right?

Nervous about weigh-in tomorrow. My husband says I look a lot thinner. I think that the weight lifting builds firm muscle but then the loose stuff hangs underneath, lol. Still there, just not as noticeable when I'm sitting down... I can actually feel my knee bones for the first time in years! :D

sassyangies
10-26-2011, 01:46 PM
Hi everyone!! I have been missing for a couple of days, but I'm still around. Just busy doing some projects around the house and making my sons Owl treat bags for his preschool fall party tomorrow. I'm still OP and super excited about it. I feel like I'm finally getting used to eating this way and I thought it would take a little longer to get used to it, but I feel great. I'm allowing myself to have a treat every now and then which is helping me allot to not feel deprived. I couldn't find my WW calculator so I decided to just count calories. I'm eating allot of veggies and fruits and I'm starting to feel better too.
My weigh in is tomorrow so high hopes.. The first week I stayed the same, but I wasn't really on board quite yet but now I know what my plan is and I'm on it. My only problem that I have now is work, but I think I'm going to start taking my lunch so I have some control over what I am eating.

I hope everyone is having a great week so far.

sassyangies
10-26-2011, 01:49 PM
Jen, that is exactly what always happened to me, which is why I just had to stop worrying so much about food and follow some simple guidelines for myself to keep it fairly healthy. No calorie counting or anything like that. Weight watchers was a nightmare for me because it seemed like when I got close to my quota, my brain would decide that I was starving. I don't want to be repetitive and say all my "rules" again, but the most important ones are not buying bad food and now instead of having seconds, I usually eat an apple if I'm hungry after dinner. I've also been trying to eat the "worst" meal in the morning. For example, my daughter and I love spaghetti, so sometimes we have that for breakfast. I figure it is better to have that sort of thing early than right before bed. I just feel better when I do it that way anyway for some reason. I also only drink water with dinner. If I have anything besides water, it's also early in the day and I drink it out of a kid cup. I don't know about other people, but just changing little things like this has really made the most tremendous difference for me and once they are a habit, they don't feel painful and I don't tend to even think much about it. They are changes that can be made for the long run.

This is kinda what I am doing. I'll watch the calories, but I won't completely count them. I don't ever get seconds and if I want seconds I eat more broccolli or an apple or my favorite lately is sliced cucumber with a little salt and pepper.
Good for you finding something that works for you! I've only been doing it two weeks, but I'm hoping this will work for me too.

sassyangies
10-26-2011, 01:51 PM
Well today is a new day! Last week was a bust. I spent 5 days away from home and it seemed that fast food was easier. Thank goodness I only gained 1/2 a pound. So I am at around 10 pounds lost and 20 to go for my christmas challenge I need to get my butt in gear.

Good Luck All.

Being out of town is so hard so you did great in my book. You can definetely do 20 pounds. That is my goal as well, so good luck to you and see you around!!

sassyangies
10-26-2011, 01:52 PM
Well, we're 4 weeks in to the challenge - how's everyone doing?

Surprisingly, I am down 9 pounds in these 4 weeks. If I can keep this pace I'll definitely make my goal of losing 20 by Xmas!

9 pounds is awesome! Your doing great!

jenjulia
10-26-2011, 05:20 PM
sassyangies: I always find that it takes me a week to get "on program" with weight watchers. I was really successful with WW before I had kids. I lost all the weight I gained in my first two years-three years of college (almost 60 lbs) and kept it off for two years and I was able to lose almost all the weight after my 1st son was born and kept it off for two years again. But then a stressful job started piling on the pounds (ironically, the American Cancer Society) and I've never been able to stick with ww since. I think it's a GREAT program though and I sometimes feel like I have a points book in my head, lol. It helps!

Well, somehow I lost 2.2 pounds this week. I have no idea why or how. I shouldn't have the way that I ate. I'm accepting it and moving forward. Focusing on fruits and veggies and portion sizes. I'm almost to the point (207 lbs) where I have hit so many times before and I don't move forward so I get unmotivated and the weight eventually piles back on. A bit worried. :(

My neice's birthday is this weekend, Halloween is Monday and there will be gobs of candy in the house. My birthday's the week after, my daughter's the week after that. Thanksgiving the week after that....lots of food obstacles in my way over the next month. Any motivating ideas? Help?

TransformingMyself
10-27-2011, 07:34 AM
Good morning :)

Jen, Thanks. Yes I did. :) Sorry to hear about your weekend food intake. All you can do is keep moving forward, don't look back, live without regrets. Awesome job with your workouts! You are doing GREAT! 2.2 lbs! Awesome! Oh I know how you feel about that number, mine was 229, something always happened, well as you can see, I passed it!! You will too! You are doing awesome! Only you can create your outcome. You are strong and determined! Temptations! Yes, we are entering the worst time of year, when it comes to family gatherings and food. For Halloween and the candy, you should put the candy in individual baggies, that way, the candy isn't as easy to get to, you will have to untie it, which will give you time to think about WHAT you are doing. Just ask yourself "is it worth it?" the answer is ALWAYS no. Thanksgiving, make some food that is good for you, that way you don't go off plan. We are going to my husbands parents for Thanksgiving, they cook a lot of food. Majority of it is bad. I am bringing food I can eat, and enough for everyone else. Also make sure you snack on veggies (carrots, celery, broccoli) and fill up on water. It will help!

khumphrey, I know how hard it is, not staying on plan because you are away from home. Good job on only gaining 1/2 lb. That is awesome! You will make your Christmas goal! :)

sassyangies, Your body can usually form a habit in a couple of weeks. Eating healthy/exercising is a new habit. Your body can adjust very fast, depending on how much effort you put forth. Giving yourself a treat once in a while is good. If there is something I liked before, I will modify it, or find something healthy that tastes great. For example, I love taffy apples, now I eat cut up apples with walnuts. OMG it tastes just like a taffy apple but without the caramel. It is really good, both in taste and for you. ;)

As for me, I am doing great! I was worried about gaining weight while I was on vacation, but that didn't last long. I weighed in Tuesday morning at 201.6, Tues I did a detox, which my daily food intake consisted of 2 protein shakes (protein, fiber, fruit and veggies), 2 pieces of fruit, 3 green teas (no sweetener), and 1 meal (grilled fish, huge salad with homemade balsamic dressing), and had at least 128 oz of water. Weighed in yesterday (Wed), and was 198.2! Talk about a shocker! LOL I did the detox again yesterday, wonder if it helped anymore. ;) Today, I am back on my regular plan. I feel great! :carrot:

I had a great trip. Nice and relaxing, with a lot of exercise. The Disney Dream boat was beautiful! Happy I was able to fit my tankini, and wear it! I haven't worn a bathing suit in a long time. We had a good time. :) While in Orlando, my husband and I had professional photo's taken, here are a few.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa168/JackiSG/jackie044fx.jpg?t=1319244957

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa168/JackiSG/mybaby.jpg?t=1319709602

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa168/JackiSG/mybaby2.jpg?t=1319709503

I hope everyone has a GREAT day! :)

AndLy
10-27-2011, 01:29 PM
TransformingMyself - the photos are gorgeous! I'm so jealous you did a Disney Cruise! I dream of taking my girls on one!

jenjulia - OK, since we both have the same amount to lose for the Christmas challenge we can keep each other motivated! :carrot: We have such similar circumstances...my daughter and I just had our birthdays about 2 weeks ago :celebrate: ...don't stress them, you will make it through just fine! Just remember, it won't be the last time in your life you are offered birthday cake, Halloween candy or Thanksgiving pie so it is OK to say no. It's also OK to say yes to a moderate portion if you plan for it in advance! Don't be miserable saying no or yes! Make a plan and you will be fine :)

sassyangies
10-27-2011, 01:35 PM
Hi guys! I'm so happy today because it's 2 weeks in. The first week I didn't loose anything, but I lost 5 pounds this week. I'm so excited, I feel good, I feel energized, I don't feel deprived and I really feel like this is it! This is my time to loose this weight. My husband and I go out ever Wed while my son is in his Bible class and I wasn't even worried. I normally get a bacom Bleu burger and last night I got a 6oz Sirloin and my two sides were both veggies. I ate most of my veggies first, then I ate only 3 oz of my steak and gave the rest to my hubby. I thought he was going to die of shock. He told me this might be your time to do this. You have NEVER done that before. And I didn't even care about it. So yay!! I'm excited.. I hope everyone else is doing great!!

Transforming: First off nice pics!! You guys look so cute together and you look so beautifull! I love detoxing! I'm not going to do one yet because I'm doing great and don't want to mess with it. My body and mind seem to be in sinc right now and I'm in a very happy place. It sounds like your doing great too. I'm glad you had fun on your trip.

Jen: There are going to be allo of opsticles, but we just hav to keep in mind why we are doing this and keep moving. In my mind I keep thinking of when we go to the river and I don't feel right even wearing shorts and I want to bad to get in the River, or when my Son starts his first team sport. I want to be a soccer Mom who is NOT fat and too tired to play the game with the kids.. Think of things that will keep you OP. You have allot coming up and I know you can do it.

TransformingMyself
10-27-2011, 07:56 PM
AndLy, Thank you so much. Disney Dream is amazing. If you are able to take them, do it. Something they/you will never forget. Just beautiful!

Sassyangies, YOU are doing awesome! Congrats on your weight loss. That is amazing! GREAT job with your dinner. Thanks so much. This was my first detox, I am happy it went well. I agree, keep doing what you are doing, especially since it is working for you. I didn't get to eat healthy during my trip, tried my best, but when you can't cook for yourself, you have to go with what is available.

As for me, I weighed in today at 196. I was shocked, especially since I have TOM, it arrived yesterday morning. So my two days of detox went well, today I am back on my regular plan, eating 1,600 - 1,800 calories a day, whole foods (meat, whole grains, beans, fruit, veggies, herbs and spices), staying away from sodium, sugar, white starchy carbs. My size 14's are getting loose on me. Feels GREAT! :)

shanhat81
10-28-2011, 12:35 PM
Weighed in today ... down to 167.0, so I'm feeling confident that my 170s are behind me permanently.

I would have liked to hit 159.9 by Thanksgiving, but I don't think that'll happen -- I only have three weeks. So new goal is 163.8, to make it an even 25.

sassyangies
10-28-2011, 12:56 PM
Everyone is doing awesome! I hope you all have a great Friday!!

CloudySky
10-28-2011, 04:07 PM
I gained a pound this week. Hopefully it will go away next week and then some. I'm bracing myself for Halloween and all the candy around. I ran out of Truvia a week or so ago so I have been having to use regular sugar in my coffee, grrr... need to get to the store.

Eruanna
10-28-2011, 04:26 PM
Been on vacation all week ... so not brave enough to jump on the scales. Wasn't too bad, but didn't get much chance to exercise. But back to crossfit yesterday when I got home so feeling better for a workout

Hope everyone is well :)

shanhat81
10-29-2011, 10:42 AM
I'm off to put an hour in on the elliptical -- I've worked out five(!) days in a row, so am a little sore and am giving myself a day of non-static recovery.

But I'll tell you this: I stalled for about six weeks, but have buckled back down in the last 10 days or so, and have been rewarded. 167 is a big number for me -- it means that I've likely escaped my body's natural plateau at ~170.

Everyone is doing awesome -- this is a super motivational thread.

Eruanna, what is Crossfit??

seco0528
10-29-2011, 11:11 AM
Id like to loose at least 16 pounds!!! Here's to us Cheers!

sassyangies
10-29-2011, 12:53 PM
Everyone seems to be doing awesome.
Seco welcome!
Shanhat, doesn't it feel good when your doing so good and you feel like your in it again. You are doing awesome. I own an eliptical and I never get on the thing. It feels like I'm going to die when I get on there for more than 5 minutes so your doing great!!
Eruanna, Hope you had a great vacation. I'm sure it's not as bad as you think. And yeh what is crossfit?
Cloudsky, it's ok your right it will go away next week and you'll have a great number. BTW your kiddo is super cute. I always smile when I see your pic.

Hope everyone has great day today!

momwannabe
10-29-2011, 01:16 PM
Have just realised something amazing: I wanted to lose a total of 32 pounds (lost 6 before starting this challenge and wanted to do 26 more before Christmas) and I've lost 16 pounds. Which means - bring on the drumroll! - I'm half way!!!!! Yay!!

Sorry, that was an aside. So glad to pop in and see everyone doing so well. Sassy, 5 pounds in a week? Awesome!!!

Keep at it, girls!

TransformingMyself
10-30-2011, 11:24 AM
Good morning! :)

shanhat81, Yes it looks like the 170's are the past! You are doing great!

Eruanna, hope the scale is good to you! GREAT job just jumping back into your workout. :)

Seco, thanks and you can achieve it! :)

momwannabe, GREAT job! :)

Hope everyone has a great day! :)

CloudySky
10-30-2011, 11:27 PM
Thanks Sassy!

I am running low on motivation. I'm just not feelin it right now. My husband is not helping either because he keeps buying bad stuff for the house, which is against my rules, but I can't really tell him he can't have it either. It's not like he can hide the ice cream somewhere in a cabinet from me, lol... so I have to be strong and not eat the ice cream or cheese puffs that he bought this week. I have to learn to be around it and say no I suppose... No wonder I lost weight so much faster when I was single!

I am trying to focus on the fact that I probably won't remember anything I put in my mouth five minutes after I eat it, and will not likely ever think about it again, but the effects are lasting and I will see them every time I look in the mirror for the rest of my life.

For anyone who can't stand throwing food away and eats even after they are full just to finish it, my mom always told me that it's better to throw it away in the garbage than in your body. It's one of the best pieces of advice she ever gave me. Hopefully it will help someone else too.

sassyangies
10-31-2011, 11:47 AM
Cloudysky, That was some good advice your Mom gave you. Your doing great and I know what you mean about your hubby bringing bad food in. It's what my hubby and i talk about all the time. Sometimes I get upset, but I'm like you trying to deal with and just not eat it. I just keep thinking of the things that are better than me being fat and all the things I will be able to do when I'm not obese anymore. I really think that is keeping me going on this journey. I hope it works long term since I've only been doing this 3 weeks ya know. It feels different though.

So another weekend is behind me and I have to say it was another successful one. It's so funny because everyone at work waits to see what I'm going to get for my lunch when I'm there or what I've brought. Were all trying to loose weight and I'm the only one just eating lot of fruits and veggies, and cutting my calories. Anyway yesterday was a wonderful day because I was in the best move and a guy I used to work with that I just miss told me, "I can tell you must be doing good, you look great and your glowing" Ok I know it's a small compliment, but to here it from a guy and a guy I work with is so awesome. It made me feel like this is the right choice and I know I'm doing something right. I know I shouldn't rely on compliments to keep me going and I don't, but it's so awesome to here it though especially from someone that doesn't see me allot.

Ok well, I hope everyone has a great Monday and a great Halloween. Today lots of temptations, but I will make it a great day!!

khumphrey
10-31-2011, 01:16 PM
I worked really hard last week to get back under 200. I checked the scale for the past 3 days and I am officially 199. I would like to be at 190 by Thanksgiving and 180 by Christmas. Bring on the challenge of Holiday Eating I will not be tempted.

Good Luck Everyone!

AndLy
10-31-2011, 02:55 PM
Another weigh-in Monday and I'm down 2 more to 191 :) Only 11 pounds to go for my Christmas challenge goal! Man I want to be in the 180's! Haha!

shanhat81
11-01-2011, 11:08 AM
How was everyone's Halloween? We don't get trick or treaters in my apt building, so we didn't get to participate. :(

sassyangies
11-01-2011, 12:18 PM
Andly great job on the weight loss!! Good for you! Your so close to the 180's it won't be long now!

Shanhat, sorry to hear that! We had a great Halloween. We have the opposite problem. We have so many trick or treaters we had to go and get more candy. We had a good time taking my Son trick or treating. I did eat some candy an birthday cake I made me Dad. Hope everyone has a great Tuesday.

TransformingMyself
11-01-2011, 12:59 PM
Cloudysky, Your mom is right. I feel the same way! Sorry to hear about your loss of motivation. You are doing great! Keep pushing forward. I know how hard it is when family members are not following your new lifestyle. Stay strong, and just ask yourself "what do you want more" "is it worth it". Keep healthy snacks and water close by, and fill up on those.

Sassyangies, you are doing great! I love your attitude. You are strong and know what you want. Keep pushing forward! Avoiding the unhealthy food WILL pay off, it will make you happier too! :) Compliments help in a HUGE way. Gives you a boost! Everyone needs to hear them, and should look forward to it. Get use to it, you will be hearing it a lot! :)

Khumphreys, Awesome job! You will make your goals. We have the same ones. I want to be 190/189 for Thanksgiving and 180/179 for Christmas. :)

AndLy, Awesome job! Congrats! I can't wait to see the 180's too! :)

Shanhat81, sorry to hear that. My Halloween was good. Not many trick or treaters though. I was shocked! I bought 8 big bags of candy too.

As for me, I weighed in at 194! I made my 50 lb goal! Feels amazing! Just looked back at my Christmas goal:

My goal is to lose 26 lbs.

Start weight: 206
Goal weight: 180

I have 14 lbs to go! I am so excited! :)

How is everyone else doing?

AndLy
11-02-2011, 12:56 PM
TransformingMyself: Congrats on making your 50 lb goal!!! That is awesome :) We have the same goal weight for the Christmas challenge too!

sassyangies: I ran out of candy too and had to shut my lights off just about 8:15pm! It seems like I buy more Halloween candy every year and I still run out!

sassyangies
11-02-2011, 01:32 PM
Transforming: Great job on the loss!! You are doing great!

Today is a great day. Feels good here. I have to start taking down the Halloween stuff and I really want to just chill outside with my coffee and enjoy the weather. This really is the first day it feels like Fall to me. Yesterday it was 91 degrees and I just kept thinking when will this be over.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

shanhat81
11-02-2011, 05:04 PM
I'm glad so many of you had so many trick or treaters!!! I am happy b/c my cousin sent pics of her twins (dressed as pumpkins), and my friends sent pics of their costumed kids too.

I love Halloween!

TransformingMyself
11-02-2011, 07:45 PM
AndLy, Thank you so much! :) That is awesome, we will make it! It would be nice to see 179! LOL I am happy either way, though. ;)

Sassyangies, Thank you! :) Happy to hear you are having a great day! Fall is my favorite time of year. So beautiful!

Shanhat81, that is so nice. I received a bunch of pictures too. It was nice seeing the kids dressed up. Halloween is my favorite holiday. :)

As for me, I am doing good. Changed up my workout today. Starting to add yoga, and longer cardio/weight training days. About 1.5 hours a day total. My body is sore today! LOL

sassyangies
11-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Transforming.. great job on the workouts. That's awesome!

Today is my weigh in day and I'm down 5 pounds.. yay!! My christmas goal was to loose 20 and I'm down half that allready. I'm so happy about that and I'm almost to the 2's. So I'm happy about that too..
Today is also laundry day so I'll be around checking in on everyone! Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

TransformingMyself
11-03-2011, 07:51 PM
Sassyangies, Thank you! :) Congrats, that is awesome! You are doing GREAT! You will definitely make your Christmas goal.

As for me, everything is going well. Worked out for 1.5 hours this morning, cardio day. I am shocked I wasn't tired afterwards, I felt great, had more energy. I am loving it! :)

AndLy
11-04-2011, 01:30 PM
I wish I had more time in my day to devote to working out. I never seem to have enough time for regular daily activites either. Which is why I always spend my weekends catching up on housework, laundry, grocery shopping. Sometimes I wish I had about 4 more hours a day off work to get things done!

TransformingMyself
11-05-2011, 09:31 AM
AndLy, I wish for more hours in the day too! I workout first thing in the morning, I plan ahead, how much earlier I need to get up to fit it in, some days are super early. On those days, I make sure I go to bed an hour early the night before. It isn't easy! LOL I am the same way, playing catchup with laundry, housework and grocery shopping/planning/prepping on the weekends. Good thing for the weekends! ;)

As for me, I am doing ok. Dealing with an allergy cold the past few days. Not a good time for that, especially starting a new workout routine, my body is so sore! Today is yoga day! Can't wait to see how that goes. Hope everyone has a GREAT day/weekend. :)

sassyangies
11-05-2011, 11:50 AM
Last night at work was awesome. I brought enough fruits and veggies to make them last all night and I only had a yogurt before bed. I'm loving this so much! I'm a little bummed that today is my 21st day and I still can't put a siggy up, but owell, what ya going to do right? :)

Well, as you guys know I'm a daily weigher, but I only count 1 weigh in on Thursday, but I have big news!!! I am officially in the 2's... I lost 2 more pounds and weighed in at 298 today! So just wanted to share that. I think I'm going to go over my christmas challenge.

I hope everyone has a great Saturday!

shanhat81
11-05-2011, 11:55 AM
GO Sassyangies!!! That's amazeballs! And you don't live very far away from my parents.

My FIL is here, so DH, FIL and I are going on a hike. And out for breakfast, but that's OK -- I can get an egg-white omelet and fruit. :)

ladybug38341
11-05-2011, 12:00 PM
This is my first post ,,, so not sure if i'm in the right area or not. I started ideal protein the end of August and have lost around 20 lbs and alot of inches! yeahhhh but i cannot afford to continue to go to the clinic because it's so expensive and here at the holidays i need that extra money. Does anyone know if i can order the product online? or have any suggestions as to what to do until i get back on tract after the 1st of year???

sassyangies
11-06-2011, 02:55 PM
Shanhat, your breakfast sounds yummy. I always have an egg or just fruit for breakfast and my coffee. I have to have my coffee. I have to work tonight so I kept my breakfast and lunch lighter so I could enjoy the fajitias (sp) I made for my dinner at work. Of course it's just about 3 oz of stripped steak and the rest veggies. No cheese or sour cream or tortilla, but it will be delicious just the same.

Ladybug... this website is not the place to find out if you can order that stuff online or not. At least I have never seen it on here before. You could put in a search, but I don't think your going to find anything. Since you don't have the money to do that anymore youcould just try and do it on your own. I don't know how much your wanting to loose or your circumstances, but maybe if you fill out the bio and tell everyone about yourself we could help you more. Maybe just start with smaller portions and add more veggies to your plate. Hopefully you can find something that will work for you. I hope to hear from you agan.

I hope everyone else has a great Sunday. I'm off to take a nap and then off to work for the rest of the night..

SHRINKMYBUTT
11-07-2011, 03:01 PM
I soooo need this mini-challenge. I realize I'm starting a bit late, but I'm shooting for 20 lbs by Christmas. I leave for a hot holiday on December 21, so I actually want 20 lbs by then. It's 43 days away.
Starting wt: 200
Goal: 180.
Wish me luck!!!!!

momwannabe
11-07-2011, 04:07 PM
Hey girls!

So where are we on Christmas? Is it 7 weeks away? I still have almost 15 pounds to lose. I've lost almost 19 in total and 12 since starting this challenge which was 6 weeks ago, which is all I can hope for, I guess :-)

Glad everyone's hanging strong!

TransformingMyself
11-07-2011, 04:22 PM
Sassyangies, Awesome job!! I am sure you will pass your goal for the challenge. :)

shanhat81, Have fun hiking! :)

ladybug, I never heard of that product. If you are looking for it online, do a search on google. Good luck!

Hello and welcome Shrinkmybutt. Your goal is doable, if you are focused on clean eating and exercising. I lost 45 lbs in 90 days. So .5 lb a day is doable. Good luck!

momwannabe, Christmas is just under 7 weeks (6 weeks and 6 days) away. You are doing great!

As for me, everything is going ok. I have been sick the past few days, went to the dr. I have mild bronchitis. I was prescribed antibiotics. Hopefully it clears up soon. I am still on plan with my exercise/food. My weight did go up 1 lb. Hopefully I see a loss this week. ;) Hope everyone has a great night!

CloudySky
11-07-2011, 11:46 PM
I missed a weigh day I believe, but I am still stuck on 208, so no change. I have been slacking on my exercise due to weather keeping us in. I really didn't feel like going today, but I did and even jogged part of the time. My jogging tolerance is building so I'm able to jog half a block at a time now. That feels good. I will feel much better when everything stops jiggling furiously when I jog. Sometimes that jiggle can serve as motivation. I tell that fat have fun dancing now because your days are numbered!

I haven't been gung ho like I was the first month, but I'm working on getting that back and adding a few things to help me out. I switched to light yogurt, which I hate because I am so against artificial sweeteners (except Stevia). My other thing I am going to try to do is not eat anything starchy with dinner. I'm not getting rid of it altogether because I like it, but I will limit it to breakfast or lunch. I'm kind of enjoying this dinner for breakfast idea my daughter and I have going on. I just have to make sure I'm not eating what everyone else eats at dinner time! So... that's my plan to get this ball rolling again.

OH, and I must report this... the other night we pulled into Sonic with the intent to eat, but decided to eat elsewhere, but had thirty minutes to kill, so we decided to get a snack for the kids since they were starving. I wanted to get some cheese sticks with ranch SO BAD, my FAVORITE fast food item ever, which I don't think I've ever gone to Sonic and not gotten... and guess what! I didn't get them! My husband even tried to urge me to get them so he could eat some and I said no! I feel I should have lost an automatic five pounds for that, but apparently my body disagreed. ;)

littlebiskit
11-08-2011, 12:32 AM
Is it too late for me to get in on this fun? I just started my journey today, but I think I can probably lose 10-15 yet by Christmas! I am determined!!! (And HI!!!)

shanhat81
11-08-2011, 10:23 AM
I should post a picture of my legs from the hike ... the rocks were slippery b/c it was muddy and I am soooo bruised.

TransformingMyself
11-08-2011, 10:51 AM
Hello and welcome littlebiskit! It's never too late. :) 10 - 15 lbs is a great goal. You can do it! Good luck on your journey. :)

Shanhat, sorry to hear that. Hope you are ok.

As for me, I am still kicking this cold. Hopefully the medicine kicks in soon. It will be so nice, to go back to normal....whatever that is. LOL Today was strength day, I worked my chest and back. Feels great! I am at 194.6 retaining some water, from my workouts, my body is so sore, and maybe from this cold. Hope to see the scale go down this week, so far I am up .6 lbs from my low. How is everyone doing? Hope all of you have a great day! :)

sassyangies
11-08-2011, 02:12 PM
Hi ladies..
Things are going great here for me. A little snacking yesterday but nothing that I think will deter me from my goal. I want to loose 20 by Christmas and I'm half way there. I think I can do it and then some so I'm going to shoot for 10 more and make it 30 by Christmas. I am determined and need challenges to keep me going. I am doing good though just went shopping yesterday and filled up on more veggies and fruits so I shouldn't have to go back to the store until I work on Friday.. Sounds good to me. I hate going to the store.

So how is everyone doing?? WELCOME Jen and Shrinkmybutt! It's never too late. I joined late too! Those are good goals and totally doable! Glad your here. I can use all the support I can get!! I'm sure the other ladies agree.. I have to go and get my son, but I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!!

littlebiskit
11-08-2011, 02:15 PM
TransformingMyself I'm with you on the cold. I've had one for two weeks, and still don't fully have my voice back. (Which is AWFUL when you do phone-based customer service work!) I finally managed to start back at the gym yesterday and made it two miles with only occasional coughing, so you have my sympathy and my well wishes. Recover quickly!!!

AndLy
11-08-2011, 06:13 PM
AndLy, I wish for more hours in the day too! I workout first thing in the morning, I plan ahead, how much earlier I need to get up to fit it in, some days are super early. On those days, I make sure I go to bed an hour early the night before. It isn't easy! LOL I am the same way, playing catchup with laundry, housework and grocery shopping/planning/prepping on the weekends. Good thing for the weekends! ;)

I so wish I could do that. Go to bed earlier and get up earlier. Unfortunately for me, I am a crazy night owl and no matter how hard I try I literally cannot force myself out of bed one single second before I have to be up. I wish I was a morning person, I'm just not :( I am OK on the weekends because I wake up at 7, which I think is pretty darn early for a weekend, and get my workout done straight away. But weekdays are another story entirely!

chickienickie
11-08-2011, 10:37 PM
I am also joining this challenge late, but better late than never!! I just went back to work full time after 10 months of unemployment, and I am so ticked at myself for not working out during that time. Now that I am working, I hardly have time to grocery shop and take care of my kids... let alone have three good workouts a week.

BUT I am going to MAKE the time, and I am going to DO IT!! I made it to the gym today, and thought I was going to die :dizzy: But it felt great to get there and mark it off on the calendar that I did it!!

Thanks for having this forum! I look forward to meeting everyone!
ChickieNickie

Starting weight 187
Goal weight is 170 by Christmas

jenjulia
11-09-2011, 08:51 AM
Welcome to all the newbies! I don't think it's ever too late to start. It's great to see you join the challenge!

Cloudysky: Great job! I have a hard time not eating those things that I love. I found out recently (last weekend) that while I love pizza, it makes me sick if I try to work out anytime during the rest of the day after I eat it. So I'm going to try to stay away from it now.

Transforming: I hope you feel better soon!

I hope everyone is having a great week. It's been a week or so since I've posted. Life has been busy and I haven't had much time to get on the computer. I started jogging 1.5 miles a couple weeks ago two times a week. I sometimes do it all at once, sometimes I walk a mile, jog .5 miles, walk .5 miles, etc...until I get to 1.5 miles. I was in cross country in HS (oh, 20 years ago) and I liked running. I wasn't particularly great at it but I did enjoy it. I look quite bizarre on the treadmill jogging but I have to say that I do enjoy it and I know that as I get a better stride and lose weight, I will look better!

Last week I dropped 1 pound, this week four point 2. I always seem to have a bigger drop right after TOM.

Have a great week everyone!!!

Erin27
11-09-2011, 11:10 AM
up 1.5 this week. Considering that i've been waaaaay off program (damn halloween candy as the portal) I'm content that its only 1.5. I am sitting at 40lbs lost and I don't want to cross back into the 30 something lost so I"m back at it today.....I lost 2lbs from yesterday to today (i love losing the water retention from eating out over the weekend) so i'm hoping to be solidly into the 40+lbs lost range in the next few days.....i'd love to hit 50 before xmas and i think 10lbs is do-able....we shall see.

sassyangies
11-09-2011, 12:06 PM
Erin 10 more pounds is definetely doable. Good for you for realizing hey I'm going in the wrong direction. It's so easy to get deterred (sp) isn't it. Well, nice to see you and Jen. Hope everyone is having a great day so far. I have a diaper cake I must finish by tomorrow so I will be MIA most of the day.

littlebiskit
11-09-2011, 12:12 PM
I have a diaper cake I must finish by tomorrow so I will be MIA most of the day.

Mmmmm cake.... oh WAIT. :dizzy:

(Maybe if I imagine ALL cakes are diapers I won't want them anymore? :D I might have to get myself some sort of a treat today so I don't end up feeling deprived apparently. 2.5 days right off the bat with NO treats is making me a little crazy. Might have to get a handful of somethin' somethin' from the quarter machine at the front of the office. If I plan for it, then it's on plan, right? :carrot:)

sassyangies
11-09-2011, 03:02 PM
Yes Jen I agree.. If it's planned for it's on plan. Your so cute!

sassyangies
11-10-2011, 12:20 PM
Hi Ladies.. I hope your having a great Thursday. I am 4 pounds down this Thursday so I 'm super exited. I changed my goal so now I need to loose 16 more by christmas.. I hope I can do it. :)

AndLy
11-10-2011, 06:20 PM
Congrats on the weigh in sassy!

I am actually 6 lbs away from my Christmas goal, so I may make it before Thanksgiving! If so, I will update my challenge goal weight for Christmas...so exciting!

Eruanna
11-11-2011, 04:41 AM
Had an unexpected loss this week - 4 pounds!

HMM3
11-11-2011, 05:19 AM
Can I join too .... I would like to be 76 kilograms by Christmas ....

Yep I've said it ... I have never really set goals before .. so here's hoping .... :)

Exercise is going great - Jogging and weights . ...

Food is getting better all the time ....

Weigh-In 11/11 - 81 kg

sassyangies
11-11-2011, 11:24 AM
Andly Great job. 6 pounds away. You def could loose that by Thanksgiving. Good luck to you!!

Eruanna great weigh in. That's awesome!

HMM3 welcome and tha'ts a good goal. You can do it. I look forward to sharing your success with you!! Good Luck.

Yesterday was an awesome day. I finished the diaper cake yesterday while my little man was in Preschool. Then I went to my Moms and made them a healthy chicken noodle soup with lot's of veggies in it. They didn't really like it, but they ate it. Came home put my son down for his nap and enjoyed some tv. It's the end of the week so we need to grocery shop so I had to be creative with our dinner last night, but ended up not eating any because I didn't want to eat that many calories. So I just had veggies for dinner. I allowed myself a delicious hot chocolate. Tasted so good.

I hope everyone has a great Friday and Saturday if I don't get a chance to check in tomorrow.

TransformingMyself
11-11-2011, 02:12 PM
Hi everyone! :)

Sassyangies, Happy to hear everything is going well. AWesome goal! You will do great! :) GREAT job on your current loss. woohoo! I hope you have a great weekend too.

Littlebiskit, Thanks, I hope you feel better soon. :) Why don't you pack snacks, I like to keep cashews, walnuts or carrots on hand. If you do not have access to a fridge, forget the walnuts and carrots. They need to be kept cool. You can always do almonds, cashews, pistachios, give your body some nice healthy fats. :)

AndLy, my mom was and my sisters are the same way. I am the only one that was able to change it! My husband says I have a switch, LOL its bedtime, eyes close and I am out, its time to get up, I hop out of bed. Yes, you do get up early on the weekends, if it wasn't for me, my hubby would sleep in until 10am. To me, the day is almost half over by then, I am ususally up at 5am. I meet him in the middle and wake him up at 8am to workout. ;) 6 lbs away, awesome!! You are rock girl!

Chickienickie, welcome! Yes, I agree, better late then never. :) Looks like you are on to a great start! Good luck on your journey! You will do awesome! :)

Jenjulia, Thank you. Awesome job! Congrats on your weightloss! I am sure you look great jogging! own it girl! ;)

Erin, Keep pushing forward. Do your best, forget the rest! You will reach your goal for Christmas. :)

Eruanna, awesome job!! :)

Hmm3, welcome! You will do great! :)

As for me, I am doing good. Still have my allergy cold. Today is my last day for antibiotics. It is better than it was, I am at about 65 - 70%, can't wait to be 100%! LOL Yesterday I weighed in at 194.4, up .4 from my low. Started my new workout routine last week Wed, P90x, OMG talk about killer! LOL I have been working out for 1 - 1.5 hours each day, cardio and weight days. Hopefully, my body adjusts soon, and my muscles quit retaining water and heal already! LOL What are everyones plans this weekend? Tonight, hubby and I are going to my friends, to fix her computer, tomorrow taking our car for an oil change, exciting huh? Wait it gets better....LOL After the oil change, we are going to Victoria's Secret, I need some new bra's and undies. :) I got a coupon in the mail, and bought some on ebay (1 free panty, and $10 off 1 bra). Sunday, food prep/cooking/freezing. Happy, I am off Monday. A day for laundry/cleaning. So much fun! :) LOL

I hope everyone has a great day/weekend!

momwannabe
11-12-2011, 03:34 AM
Hi everyone.

Seems like everyone's on track for Christmas weigh in! Mine is going down slowly but steadily with a kilogram a week loss (2.2 pounds). Am almost out of the 150s which will be awesome.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend! The weekends are always more difficult for me since I'm around the house more. But will be strong, will be strong :-) Luckily I live alone, so if I don't buy it, it's not in my house.

littlebiskit
11-12-2011, 12:34 PM
Well, I'm down a little weight I'm sure, but probably not as much as my stats say, because I bought a scale, so my current scale is not the same as my initial scale. I'm sure I've lost though, so I'll take the 5.2 down! :D

This is going to be my first attempt at a weekend OP, and my daughter and I usually spend at least half of it at my mom's where I'm not nearly as in control of what types of food I'm around. But since I've been at the low end of my calorie count all week, I figure I'll be okay with a few more calories this weekend as long as I don't go crazy.

Also not happy because I blistered my baby toe on one foot last night at the gym, so I'm not looking forward to the next trip there. Owie!

HMM3
11-12-2011, 07:24 PM
I've had a really good few days ... I'm back into exercise which always makes me feel better and leads to better choices ....

My scale even looked as though it briefly went under 80kgs this morning .... but going to leave it as is ... just so I don't get disappointed if it jumps back up again ...

To be in the 70s would be great ...,. I was over 100kg this time last year ... and have been on and off plan (mostly off really) ....

AND :?:... What's a diaper cake???

momwannabe
11-13-2011, 02:28 AM
So, 6 weeks until Christmas and 12 and a half pounds to go. Seems doable. But I must admit it is getting harder to focus. I'm tired of weighing things and I'm getting a bit bored. But....6 weeks to Christmas and 12 and a half pounds to go!

shanhat81
11-13-2011, 10:55 AM
So, 6 weeks until Christmas and 12 and a half pounds to go. Seems doable. But I must admit it is getting harder to focus. I'm tired of weighing things and I'm getting a bit bored. But....6 weeks to Christmas and 12 and a half pounds to go!

This is exactly how I feel ... I just keep telling myself that the finish line is in sight!

sassyangies
11-13-2011, 11:09 AM
Hi ladies!!! I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I'v had a fabulous one so far. I do work weekends, but it's hasn't been so bad and people are starting to notice my positive attitude towards loosing weight and some of the girls are starting to ask about my weigh loss. So I'm excited to share my success there and get them motivated.

littlebiskit
11-13-2011, 01:08 PM
AND :?:... What's a diaper cake???

LOL, a diaper cake is usually a baby shower gift where you roll up new diapers as gifts for the mother, and arrange them to kind of look like a layer cake, usually arranging small gifts (rattles, pacifiers, washclothes, bibs, etc) in or on the cake as well. You can do a google image search to see what I mean.

I'm very likely, because of plans with other people, going to be having not only mongolian bbq for lunch, but also pizza for dinner. Going to stick to thin crust cheese and have some salad for the pizza, and try to limit noodles and increase veggies for the bbq/stir fry. I'm going to be doing some hard core estimating as far as calories are concerned, but I'm not too worried about falling out of this lifeboat. My scale has been very good to me this first week, and I know it's a lot of water weight, but I'm down between 7-8lbs, so... :D

AndLy
11-14-2011, 12:30 PM
Haha, the first time I heard the term "diaper cake" I thought what in the world?!

I have to admit that once my office 6 week challenge is over next Monday I will probably feel a little lost! We have a list of about 10 things that we get points for every week and this is the final week of the challenge. I haven't missed a point and don't plan on it either. I will probably have to make up my own weekly challenges just to keep myself in practice of having to do things. I feel like with the structure of a challenge I do much better. That's why I initially joined this challenge :)

HMM3
11-15-2011, 12:04 PM
Diaper cakes look great! Though in our part of the world it would probably be called a nappy cake!

Either way .. I don't think they'll do much harm to the 'ole diet!:D

Stil going pretty well .... I think I can safey say I'm 80kgs now ...
... to hit the 70s will be great!

AndLy ... what sort of things have you been doing on your office challenge? Maybe we can do some of them here?

Littlebiskit - Wow what a great loss :)

sassyangies - Its great when people notice ... and get motivated ...

momwannabe - 6 weeks ... it is doable .... hope you keep going and meet your goals ...

Transforming Myself - thanks for the welcome

I've got a work professional development course today ..... so i'm hoping the provided lunch isn't too bad ... I'm also going to make sure I do my jog tonight ...

sassyangies
11-15-2011, 12:43 PM
Hi guys!! Happy Tuesday. I missed yesterday. I was with my sister. She wants me to go to her apartment and work out with her two days per week. I'm hesitant (sp) because she's toxic for me. She doesn't really care about loosing weight. Shes probably over 300 pounds right now and has some issues. I have tried to intervene and get her on board with me loosing weight, but she just has issues with food and doesn't want to deal with them. So I get there she's still in bed, I'm like come on we only have a short time since my son is in school for only 3 hours. We get to the gym (mind you I have a gym membership) it's dirty and smelly and have of the stuff does not work. Were there 10 minutes and this girl walks in to work out and my sister wants to leave. I was so mad because she doesn't live close to me and I spent the time to drive over there so.. I get her to go to LA Fitness with me to see if they will give her the same deal I have there. My monthly is only 17.00 so she said she could afford that. Well, long story short they couldn't not even talk about that price the guy was wondering how I got that deal. They did offer her 24.99 which isn't bad. She didn't want anything to do with it because the guy had "attitude". So after that she wanted me to take her to McDonalds and Starbucks.. Where I got nothing. So I'm not sure I want to commit to trying to work out with her two days a week because it might be harder on me ya know.. So not sure what I'm going to do about that. Sorry for the rant.

I am having a great week though. I snacked a little yesterda, but needed to. I just felt I needed a littl extra for some reason. So I allowed myself to have some sweets. Hopefully it will not come back Thursday to haunt me.

Andly maybe start a new challenge here on the boards? That might keep you accountable if you have to come here everyday and check in with a new challenge. You've done so great so far I know you can keep it up!!

HMM3 good luck on the lunch. That can be hard I know. Let us know!

Erin27
11-16-2011, 09:39 AM
WooHoo! Down 5lbs this week to 231!! I know a lot of that is water woosh from my horrid few weeks before, but I"ll take it. Hoping to hit the 220s before thanksgiving....we shall see how that goes. Sadly, I looked back over the past 12 weeks on my weight tracker on WW and I have only lost 1.5lbs since then....that shows how long my plateau/junky eating has been going on....hopefully this was the bust i needed!

AndLy
11-16-2011, 05:00 PM
Here are the challenges for every day and there are also special weekly challenges.
No dessert (6 days per week=6 pts + 1 bonus point)
No soda (6 days per week =6 pts + 1 bonus point)
No eating after 8pm (6 pts + 1 bonus point)
Exercise 30 minutes (5 pts + 1 bonus point)
Self help reading 15 min (6 pts + 1 bonus point)
Weekly challenge (6 pts + 1 bonus point)
Week 1: food journal daily
Week 2: 7 hours sleep nightly
Week 3: 3 servings veg/2 fruit
Week 4: drink 64 oz water
Week 5: 100 sit ups and 50 push ups
Week 6: in addition to the 30 min exercise, must complete 13.1 miles

I haven't missed a point yet. Today is only the 3rd day of the 6th week and I'm already at 12.9 miles over and above my 30 minutes :)

jenjulia
11-17-2011, 11:31 AM
Congrats Andly! Great job staying focused! Sassyangies: sounds like you have been really focused too! I was just reading a book called something like "How to be a former fat chick" and they talk about friends and family members who aren't supportive and who get in the way of our success. Stay focused on you is the answer they give. Eventually others may come on board. As for me,I am down again which means next week will be a slow weight loss week. I seem to have a pattern. My weight yesterday morning was 200.8. After exercising it was 199.4. I about flipped over,spun around and did a little dance. Obviously I don't count that weight but to see wonderland on my scale...I almost jumped for joy. It's been 9 years since I have been this weight. Yay. Sorry,shameless cheering. People are now noticing that I've lost weight. Kind of fun!

sassyangies
11-17-2011, 07:35 PM
Jen it's ok to be happy for yourself. That is awesome and I can't wait to be able to say it. I haven't seen that number in 12 or so years. So I will be so excited to see it come.

Today was my weigh in day and I lost 4 pounds. I'm so excited about it and happy that I don't even feel deprived. I am more focused now that I have EVER been in my life. I know I need to keep myself first and not let my family distract me. I almost have to keep them at a distance (My mom and sis) so that I can do this for me. All they want to do is eat and it does get frustrating because all I want to do is be healthy.

So we had a stressful week. My son has been sick, I had jury duty. It took them 2 days of questioning for us for them to decide who they wanted. I felt so bad for my son because I had to drive him to grandmas those days even though he was so sick. Glad this week is over. And with a loss I'm even happier. It makes me think I might be able to keep this weight off for good!!

I hope everyone has had a great few days! and hopefully I will have time to check in tomorrow.

jenjulia
11-17-2011, 10:58 PM
Great job, sassyangies! Awesome!!! Sorry about the bummer week but the 4 lbs is fabulous! My mom is also making comments but I know that I need to lose at least 20 more to be at a healthy weight for my height....It's frustrating. She should lose a little too. Maybe eventually I will inspire her. I hope so anyhow.

I've been trying to get my dh on board for a couple months and finally today he did...he went to the gym with me for the first time. It was really strange but exciting. I think that the more people see you stick to your plan and be successful, they will want to join in. Our job is tough though...we have to stay focused through all these holidays!

AndLy
11-18-2011, 11:31 AM
Yay jen! I'm so excited about onederland for you :)

Great weigh-in sassy! A 4 lb loss is awesome!

The holidays are quickly approaching and I am already making my meal plans. I know I can eat turkey for Thanksgiving and I'm going to bring 2 side dishes that I know I can eat...light mashed potatoes (w/cauliflower) and light corn casserole. I can eat some of my sister's brussel sprouts and I'm also doing 2 pies and one will be lightened up. I feel like the more I plan in advance for it, the more control I have over the food, rather than the food having the control over me!

momwannabe
11-18-2011, 02:12 PM
Hi everyone! So funny to hear you all talking about Thanksgiving. Obvioulsy not a holiday here, so we're already planning for Christmas. My American friends think it's so weird because EVERYONE here takes a long holiday over Christmas. I'm closing up on the 9th of December and only going back to work on the 9th of Jan! Different cultures...

So I'm planning on breaking my sugar fast on Christmas eve. I don't think my body will know what's hit it! In the meantime, I'm another 2 pounds down, so 10.3 to go before Christmas!!! :-)

Eruanna
11-19-2011, 11:12 PM
Another pound down :) I've been having trouble with the ligaments in my ankle for a while, but this weekend they have been good so managed to get out for a run - in a great mood now as I've missed running.

Hope everyone is well :)

momwannabe
11-20-2011, 02:07 AM
Grrrr....I'm recycling weight. I don't know if I'm going to make it by Christmas.

sassyangies
11-20-2011, 11:44 AM
Don't give up Momwannabe. You can still do stay focused! That's so funny that you guys take so long off for Xmas. I would love that though. I think my son would miss school though for that long. I'm not sure what he's going to do in the summer when he doesn't go anymore.

Eruanna sorry about the bum ligament, but you ran so that must of fealt good to get back to. Good for you!!

Andly planning I think is necessary to get through this holiday. It's all about eating. Im so glad I'm the one having it at my house because I think I can control what I eat more ya know.

Jen, wow that's awesome getting your hubby on board. I wish I could get my hubby. He's so small that he doesn't think he needs excersise or anything else for that matter because he's skinny. I keep telling him just because your skinny does not mean you do not have to excersise. All the junk he eats is going to catch up to him. I hope it doesn't, but only time will tell.

I've been doing great. I'm loving all the different soups I'm making right now. I'm allergic to allot of veggies raw so cooking them is the only way I can eat allot of them, but I'm loving it. Everyone at work is starting to notice my work clothes getting reallly loose. I need to pants so bad, but I don't want to spend a but load on pants that Iwill not wear for long ya know. Well, I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

AndLy
11-21-2011, 02:07 PM
I met my Christmas challenge goal at weigh-in today!

Woohoo :) My goal was 180 and this morning's weigh in was 179.5. I'm going to lower my goal for this challenge so I can keep on going. The challenges are really motivating :)

sassyangies
11-23-2011, 12:26 PM
Andly that is so awesome!!! Good for you! I bet you feel so good. When I read it I got chills for some reason. I'm excited for you and seeing people making their goals makes me know I can meet my goals and keep going. Everyday I am thinking about how I can achieve my goals and make this a lifelong journey not a diet. I took my Mom shopping the other day and I'm telling you it was so hard because she's all about eating. So we pick Souper Salad to go and eat I can't stand the place, but I was starving and knew I could at least get a salad. NO I was wrong even their salad was crap! I was so upset because it tasted nasty. My Mom across the booth I know it tastes so gross as she's chowing down three plates. I don't know why I just got upset. I didn't eat a thing and insisted on getting my money back. Hard to do when my Mom is eating everything. That's exactly what I would have done too because before I started this I would of been I don't want to waste money so I'm going to eat. Wow why would I do that. Why would I eat something that's cleary disgusting. Anywho.. I hope everyone has a plan for the day tomorrow.
Happy Thanksgiving!!

jenjulia
11-23-2011, 04:12 PM
AndLy: Great job!!!!! Congrats! I'm right there with you today too but I wish I was at your weight. I'm re-challenging myself for a lower weight, 190. Way to go with the Thanksgiving menu! My MIL is having us over tomorrow and she's a retired nutritionist and has been good the last couple of years at making healthier meals so that is something to look forward to!

sassyangies: It's fun when the weight starts dropping off and you need to buy new clothes! It's tough when the people you love aren't on board with your weight loss, I can relate. My husband, love him dearly, came with me last week once to exercise but hasn't been back. I wish that he would join me in my journey because I feel so great!!! I want him to feel great too! Hopefully your mom will get on board because it makes life A LOT easier!

momwannabe: DON'T GIVE UP!!!!! Not trying to yell at you, just trying to get you motivated to stick with it. You will be so proud of yourself for sticking with it. Seriously!!! Please don't give up!

Eruanna: Sorry about your ankle. Do you ever use resistance bands to strengthen your ankles? I tore the ligaments out of my right ankle a couple times and so my ankles are very weak. My groin/hip on my left side has been bugging me because I've been doing intervals with jogging...walking 1 mile at 3.6 and 6% incline, then jogging at 2% for .5 mile, then walking again for .5, etc...until I am finished with 4 miles. Takes me a little under an hour. I'm very slow!!! I think I'm going to spend the rest of the week walking and not jogging and see if that helps.

Well, ladies, I'm at 198 as of this morning. YEAH!!! Or rather YAY!!! Can't believe it but I'm shooting for my next goal. I'm going to change my Christmas Challenge to 190 lbs. So we'll see if I can lose another 8 lbs. At some time this weight loss is going to slow down and be hard to do. I'll enjoy the ride as long as I can though! I have so much more energy, it's incredible. It's not as difficult to watch what I eat anymore. It used to be really challenging. I guess for those of you just starting out my words of advice are to just stick with it because it's a life change and eventually the weight WILL drop off. The first month I didn't lose much at all and I almost gave up. I'm so glad that I didn't!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, that those who celebrate Thanksgiving enjoy the day, and that anyone going shopping on Friday (like me ;-) gets some good deals!

Jen

sassyangies
11-25-2011, 08:18 PM
Guys I'm just going to drop a quick line saying I'll be missing for the next couple of days. My small cold has turned into Pnemonia (sp) so I am bed ridden for a few days with some heavy dosing of cough syrup. I did loose 3 pounds in my weigh in yesterday so I am hoping that sticks through this sickness. Have a good weekend! Please send me your good vibes. I need them.

CherryPie99
11-27-2011, 03:27 PM
Hi everyone! Just checking in again! We are 4 weeks from Xmas. My original goal was to lose 20 pounds by that date, and I'm down 17, so I'm pretty sure I'll not only hit it, but surpass the original goal!

This mini heat wave we are having is definitely helping my cause. The longest I have ever run straight is 4 miles. I went out today with the dogs and running in the breezy 60 degrees felt great, so I ended up running 5! Feels great, but back to cold weather here tomorrow :(

How is everyone else doing with 4 weeks left in the challenge?

Jojo381972
11-28-2011, 02:51 AM
Hi everyone! I've been mia for quite awhile, but I have been still working hard towards my goal.

I will still try and get below 200 in the next four weeks, but I don't know if that will happen. I'll get as close as I can to that number.

Good to see everyone is working hard and getting close to goal.

Congrats, JenJulia on getting under 200 pounds and reaching your goal! :)

I'm so happy to be back here on 3fc. I'm almost at my 10% goal. I weigh in tomorrow and hope to lose at least 1 pound.

speedy2697
11-29-2011, 08:48 PM
As usual I'm late to join the party! But better late than never, right? I gave up soda today and going to try and kick the fast food habit at the same time. Hoping I can drop about 15lbs by Christmas. Need to go grocery shopping and stock some healthier options for lunches at work. Not a big fan of breakfasts so might borrow the idea to do dinner in morning and eat really lightly at night.:)

sassyangies
12-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Hi everyone!! Were finally feeling better. Well, were almost there. We have coughs but that's it. I'm down 3 more pounds today so I'm on my way to my goal. I can't believe I even lost weight with having pneumonia. I thought I would gain since I was eating whatever and not in the mood to fix my food that I normally eat. So I'm super excited about that.

Jen yah it's hard when my family wont join in. Especially when they have such bad weight issues. Except my husband. My Mom has had 4 back surgeries and she's disabled because of them and my Sister is well over 300 pounds and eat's fast food everyday with soda. She also has severe asthma and now doing physical therapy because something is wrong with her hip. She's headed for a rough life if her hip problems dont go away, but she still won't do anything about it. So sad because I feel like her and I could be a great support system for eachother, but I find it's the opposite and she's actually a bad influence on me.
So I hope everyone has a great Thursday. I might be back later not sure! Have some Christmas stuff to do..

khumphrey
12-05-2011, 10:49 AM
Sassyangies, I am glad you are feeling better. We had the crud run through our house in the beginning of November. Yuck! Congrats for the 3 pounds that you have lost.
Just keep bugging them about getting on the health kick with you. Just maybe they will change their minds, especially when they see how great you look and feel. I have a similiar situation other than my sister is not too over weight but, she is so unhealthy. I have been working out steady for 6+ weeks and weigh 30 pounds more than her but I am healthier. She is always sick and running to the ER I think that is she adopts a healthier lifestyle she will not be sick all of the time. My hubby has not got on the kick with me but he is not over weight, but my mom has and she has finally seen results, we keep each other going. So enjoy having some support with your husband.

AFM: Had a great weekend Christmas shopping. It is a little hard this year because with hubby being laid off after 13 years with one company and then having to start over with another. He lost everything, paid holidays (hard right now because the company shuts down a few days during Thanksgiving and Christmas), Vacation time needs to build again, and finally we have Insurance for our babies again started Dec. 1st (They were so happy to get out of their bubble wrap suits LOL, we were without insurance for 3 months), but I am so happy he has a job. He was able to hire in making around the same as he was at the other company. He was unemployed for 9 weeks so we are so lucky. 20 more days till CHristmas and I hope to shed another 6 pounds by New Year. I have been working out 5 days a week for 60 minutes a day at least and I feel like a new woman even though I have only lost 11 pounds. But the weight will come off I know it.

Well I hope all of you are doing great and I will check in soon again.:dizzy:

sassyangies
12-05-2011, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the kind words K. Yeh I think I just have to wait for them to come around and kinda keep my distance so that they don't sabatoge me without even knowing it. I am excited for the new year to begin. I made a promise to myself that I will not be fat another year so this is my year and I know I can do this. I just have to keep my focus on myself and my family and keep going!

I hope everyone is doing awesome and is having a great Monday!! My weekend was tiring since it was the first days worked after being so sick. I was tired and it is so cold here when I get off work at 1am. Probably not as cold as where some of you guys are, but this morning it was 41 degrees.. Feels so good, but I'm so not used to it being this cold.. Love it and I wish we had a little more of it.
Talk to you all soon!!

Jojo381972
12-05-2011, 05:00 PM
speedy: good luck giving up the soda habit, maybe you can switch to diet and cut down. I realize it is easier said then done. Good luck with eating breakfast. I try to eat breakfast because if I don't, I eat more later at night which is a really bad habit.

sassyangies: Glad to hear you are feeling better and lost 3 pounds! Way to go! I'd suggest just focusing on your weight loss and giving hints to your family, maybe getting them to exercise with you. Once they see results on you, they may jump on the bandwagon.

khumphries: Congrats on your husband finding another job! Sounds stressful with him losing everything, but he is lucky he has another job. I hear that economy sucks in the US worse than here. Way to go on working out so much. I found I was melting pounds when I was working out 6 days a week and upped my cardio to 50 mins. I need to get back to doing that! Keep it up and it will come off! I weighed in today and lost 2 pounds this past week. I am getting closer to my goal by Xmas. I originally wanted to go down to 200 by Xmas but I'll be happy to get close enough to it.

sassyangies
12-07-2011, 10:42 AM
Aww..I'm having a hard time right now. I'm trying to hard to get my head in the game and it's just not working. I need a real kick in the butt. It's so hard I wish I had a workout or a weight loss buddy so bad.. You guys are awesome don't get me wrong, right now I feel like I need someone here to share my journey with that really cares.. Well, I'm still trying and I will continue to try until I figure this out. It's all mental and I can't let my head beat me in this!

khumphrey
12-07-2011, 01:01 PM
Jojo, Thank you! I have found that I set my goals way to high and I am not hitting them. But I have to come to the mindset that any loss is amazing and I feel great on the scale. Good Luck!

Sassyangies; I have had a tough time recently, probably due to the Hoilidays and all the junk food around. I wish I could be your weight loss buddy cause I know I could sure use someone to keep me on the right track. But, we live way to far apart. So I will try to motivate you from here. You can do it, I have found that once I get through the first 15 minutes of my work out I can finish the rest of it. I also am not up for a traditional workout on the treadmill, bike, or ellipictal I get way to bored so I have a huge selection of dvds and my favorites are Zumba and Taebo.

AFM: Hump Day! and 18 days till Christmas. I am having a pretty good week but, have not been able to workout like I want to. I am going to put in a great workout today hoping to make up for only 30 minutes yesterday. Hope everyone is having a good week too.

jenjulia
12-08-2011, 01:10 PM
Hi everyone! I posted last week from my cell phone but I see that it didn't "take/load."

I hope everyone's having a healthy day today! I'm down two pounds this week which is nice thing to see on the scale. When I started this journey at the end of August/beginning of September it took a good month or so before I really started losing any weight. I read somewhere that your body clings onto water, etc...because changing your eating habits and exercising shocks your body because it's a big change. After two months, the pounds really dropped off quickly but a bit too quickly I think! I've been taking it easy(ier) since Thanksgiving and I've still been losing weight, just a little slower and in my mind, better and safer!!! I don't want to regain it all! My metabolism must be getting higher!

Motivation: I understand what you are all feeling too. I think I've joined WW about 20 times in the last 10 years and never get anywhere, get off program, get stuck and frustrated and start binging. It is hard to stay focused everyday, especially in the beginning but it is so worth it. Really. It was extremely tough to stay focused the first month. I think I might have lost three pounds that month.

I wish that I could be more of a weight loss buddy to you too sassy angies! If I lived closer I'd love to get together and go walking, etc...It's hard to stay motivated but really worth it!!!

shanhat81
12-08-2011, 09:07 PM
I've been struggling so hard with my motivation this week. I am a freelancer, so contracts are my life, and I got so caught up in landing this contract that I focused on nothing else but.

However ... I still think I can drop into the 150s by the end of the challenge, as long as I didn't gain 2 lbs this week.

sassyangies
12-09-2011, 10:45 AM
Thanks K for the offer of a workout buddy. It's hard sometimes without someone near you. This site and the ladies on it is what keeps me going so I thank you guys for keeping me positive. I feel like I'm back in my frame of mind and ready to do this again. I did loose 3 pounds yesterday so that's exciting. I'm almost to my 10% goal that I set for myself personally and I'm 1 pound away from 25 which I thought I would never get there. So I'm super excited about that.

I hope everyone is doing great on their journeys!! We can do this. Christmas is almost here!!

CherryPie99
12-09-2011, 06:00 PM
Well, we are just over 2 weeks to Xmas, and I made my Xmas goal this week! I wanted to lose 20 and be down to 154 and I made it! Now I have a couple of weeks to lose even a couple more!

Keep at it everyone!

sassyangies
12-10-2011, 11:27 AM
Great Job Cherry!!! Good for you!!