Old 09-25-2011, 01:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 248/238/148

Height: 5' 7"

Default Insanity- 60 days, starting 10/3

Hello.
My name is Jessica. I'm a fattie. Yep. It's pretty much true.
I'm 19 years old. I'm 230 pounds, size 18, and measured as of a few weeks ago at 44-39-46... pretty bad case of apple shape.
I've struggled with my weight my whole life. I've tried a bunch of different things. I've tried getting a everything from getting a personal trainer to going for morning jogs, to water fasting, to workout DVDs with b-word women like Jillian Michaels. In the last six months, I've lost 18 pounds between a combination of all sorts of things.

Oh... probably the biggest things that I forgot to mention about myself.
I'm very impatient.
My favorite of the above methods that I mentioned is water fasting. I fasted for 10 days and lost 15 of those 18 pounds. Contrary to popular belief, I didn't destroy my metabolism, and I didn't die obviously. To be completely honest, it was the best I've ever felt in my entire life. I had so much energy and I was always happy and I didn't feel dependent on food. My hair and skin were so radiant and everything just felt great. While I was fasting, one of my best male friends also said to me "Jess, you look different somehow. There's a glow in your eyes. They're absolutely beautiful." It made me feel great.
That was back in March. :/ Since then I haven't been able to get back into the rhythm due to having a job and being a full time student.

Now I've realized, I don't only want to lose weight- I want to get healthy and active. I've always enjoyed sports, but I've never been able to play very well due to my lack of physical fitness and the self-consciousness of my size in athletic shorts in public. :P

Cutting to the chase
I saved up and purchased Insanity today. It's kind of pricey, but my mom's a health nut, and she split the cost with me because she's awesome . Anywho, the delivery date is for Friday Sept 30. Since the program calendar starts on a monday, I'm planning on starting on October 3rd. September 26th since my friend is loaning me some of the workout discs.
I did a 10 minute sample workout from youtube. Oh my gosh it's bloody hard.
But I'm going with the attitude that the human body can accomplish anything set in front of it as long as your mind is up for it. Our minds are our biggest obstacle.

So- September 26 to November 30th. If anyone would like to join me, I would more than appreciate the company.

Lots of love- Jessica

Last edited by JessicasInsanity; 09-25-2011 at 05:45 PM.
JessicasInsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:39 AM   #2  
Completely INSANE

S/C/G: 180/130/120

Height: 5'4"

Hey girl!

You have come to the right place!!

I completely know where you are coming from. I have always struggles with weight myself and have also tried EVERYTHING! I have been from one end of the weight-loss ladder to the other always doing something like fasting or a fad diet... I have yet to achieve what I want which is permanent results! I am also pretty impatient hahahaha

I am on day 49 of my first round of Insanity and planning to start another round on the 10th... as one chubby girl to another if you want results you got the right program! I just have to stress the importance of the diet and eating throughout the day, that has been the biggest part for me!

I am technically on day 62 but after the first two weeks (which nearly killed me) I restarted when I got serious about the nutrition aspect of the program. I was a compulsive meal skipper and faster... my body was running in starvation mode and hording everything, I was literally sabotaging myself by not eating enough... once I changed that everything has changed. Since adding the meal plan I have lost 21 pounds and 7+ inches off my waist and my energy level has increased 100%...

I am not one to do diets, or be super athletic... seriously fitness just has never been my thing hahahaha.... even after I delivered my daughter I thought I was looking pretty good at 200lbs... but since finding INSANITY I honestly feel like it HAS changed my life! I know I will have to do a few rounds but I can actually see myself wearing a bikini in public when I am done... and that is HUGE for me! For the first time I feel like I getting down to my "inner skinny girl" the right way....

I will be here to support you!! My cousin is starting the 3rd too, but I'm doing my rounds back to back and will be finishing my last week at that time!! It is so much easier when you have people to talk to so hit me up anytime!

Best of lucK!!

I LOVE INSANITY...
Melissa Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 01:11 PM   #3  

Thanks for the encouragement Melissa. I was planning on sticking with intermittent fasting while doing this, but I think I'll follow your advice and stick with the meal plan.
And 21 pounds and 7 inches from you waist? Holy wow. Congratulations!
I actually found a copy of the meal guide online, and it looks pretty simple to follow. The only thing is that I'm constantly on the go because I have classes and work and weekly study groups and piano and voice lessons.

It might just be the later-year teenager in me talking, but I LOVE sleeping in. It's like my favorite thing. When I get up on weekdays, I get up around 7-ish, walk my dog and then get ready and get to class by 9. It would be so much easier for me to just skip the dog walks and do my Insanity in the mornings, but I don't think I can. My dog is... let's see... pretty spoiled. :P But we all love him. He freaks out now whenever I don't take him for a walk in the mornings because I've been doing it for like 2 months straight now.
So I figured I can just do both in the morning. It's not going to kill me to get up and extra hour early so I can walk the dog and then do my workout. It'll probably be a good warm up even.
I know once I get past the first week, I'll be able to do it everyday. It's always the first few days that are hardest for me.

Last edited by JessicasInsanity; 09-25-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:37 PM   #4  

Quick little update
So I was talking to one of my friends and saying that I was going to start Insanity. And she said "Oh, my dad ordered that program. He really likes it. I can let you borrow some of the discs until yours comes in."
So screw October 3rd- I'm starting tomorrow!!
I just watched the fitness test... it looks really really challenging. I'm excited though.
I took my "before pictures" in a pair of size 12 goal workout shorts and a camisole. I kind of look like the Michelin Tire Man. Along with a few shots with me in my normal sized workout clothes. I mayyyy post those later... I'm just not very comfortable with it right now.
My mom is being super supportive. I made a grocery list of stuff that I'm going to need and she said she'd split the cost with me. I can't wait to get this show on the road! I'm sick of being a chub muffin!
Old 09-25-2011, 10:22 PM   #5  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

S/C/G: 168/134/138

Height: 5'6"

YAY Jessica! Insanity is AMAZING like Melissa said . We have an Insanity thread that we (Melissa, dangerous, and I) post to consistently throughout this Insanity experience! WOOHOO for starting tomorrow lol! I am on Day 42 of Round 2 of Insanity and it ROCKS. zi have lost 15 lbs, 3-4 inches from my waist, and about 4 inches from the hip area! I also have 2 LOs (4 years and 9 months respectively). I am telling you this will seriously kick your butt into healthy shape lol! I definitely agree with Melissa in that you should stick with the meal plan-I basically follow it but with things that I have on hand or things that I know my hubby and DS will eat (I have to modify a bit on the different veggies and things). I do the calorie amount, protein/carb/fat ratio, etc. YESSSSSSSSSSS join us in this craziness lol! The three of us have decided we are addicted to Shaun T and his ridiculous workouts, I am ordering Insanity Asylum in a few weeks, which I am going to do after I do another round of Month 2 of Insanity in a few weeks. I am so excited for you, you will be amazing and it's great that your mom is so supportive! Work hard, dig deep, and you WILL see results I promise! I have the before and after pics from Day 1 of Round 1 and about 1.5 weeks ago to show you it WORKS! Keep us posted on how you are doing, we have that general thread if you want to keep in contact that way too .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Before Round 1.jpg (42.8 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg Round 2 Week 4.jpg (15.0 KB, 44 views)
munstermommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:17 PM   #6  

Wow! You look fantastic, munstermommy!
I'll definitely join in on your Insanity thread. I want to do anything to keep me motivated.
Thanks for the support!
Old 09-26-2011, 11:45 AM   #7  

Day one:
Just finished my fitness test and weigh in and measurements.
I've gotten chubbier over the last two months that I've completely slacked off.
I actually weigh 238. I was really really bummed when I stepped on the scale this morning. But that's what happens. When you bum around, you gain weight. But no worries- I know that I'm going to lose those 8 pounds plus some by the time this is over.
My measurements are actually
45-41-48
If I was an apple two months ago, I'm pretty much a roly poly now. :P
My full measurements- which I'm going to take every two weeks are
Neck- 15"
Chest- 45"
Biceps- 15"
Ribcage- 42"
Waist- 41"
Lovehandles/Obliques- which I've been refering to as my "Spare tire"- 49"
Butt- 50"
Thigh- 28"
Calf- 18"

Disgraceful. I'll be honest, my measurements really bummed me out. The only thing that's keeping me sane is the thought of losing them.

Here's my fitness test results too-
I'm not really sure how they compare with anyone. I'm assuming not great.

Switch kicks- 51
Power jacks- 23
Power knees- 68
Power jumps- 19
Globe jumps- 5
Suicide jumps- 7 (These were so bloody hard!!)
Push-up Jacks- 1 (I can barely do a pushup let alone this. I tried my best)
Low Plank Oblique- 7

This thing was a killer. The worst part is thinking that this is probably going to be the easiest part of the workout. After this, I still managed to power walk 1.5 miles with my mom and dog, take a shower and actually eat a good breakfast. I had Special K cereal with a banana and a few walnuts, grapefruit juice and half cup of coffee with 1 tsp of milk and sugar.
I even have time to post this.
And I still have about an hour left before my first class starts!
I have so much energy. I'm used to waking up late, rolling out of bed, walking the dog, taking a shower and getting to class 5 minutes late. But I feel like I have a lot of time and energy.
I planned out my eating times for 8:30, 10:30, 12:30, 3:00 and 5:00
I go to class from 9:30-12:15, and then come home and go back for my last class at 6. I planned all of my meals around this, but today I have to babysit from 12:30-5:30. So I have to pack everything.
It's a pain to do, but it's worth it. I'm looking forward to the next 62 days!
-Jessica
Old 09-26-2011, 12:09 PM   #8  
Completely INSANE

Jessica- YAY for getting a early jump on things!

Like munstermommy I count calories and do the carb/protein/fat ratio (40/40/20). I eat a hour after getting up and roughly every 3 or so hours after that. For me I try to keep my carbs all afternoon and morning so that I can burn them off by night. I don't follow the diet guide I do more of my own diet which has been working for me... along with eating clean foods, and not drinking soda! Someone told me when I first started when I told them what I was eating that I wasn't getting enough protein... I added protein to my diet with protein shakes and once I did that it really amped up my weight loss...(whey protein walmart $15).

I am excited for you!! You will have to keep posting with us! I have found you can never have too much support!!!

I am sucking in a little in my second shot but only to show the muscle line I am getting on my belly, it is really starting to cut into my pooch now hahaha... feels good though because I have never had flat abs and I can actually see getting there now! It is AMAZING what this program can do when your digging deep!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg day45 side2.jpg (24.4 KB, 38 views)
Old 09-26-2011, 12:13 PM   #9  
Completely INSANE

The pushups will come! I did month one for extra two weeks and I only started with 5... now I am up to 28 and I was NEVER ever a pushup person! You will be amazed at how much your test results will improve in just the first two weeks!!
Old 09-27-2011, 12:16 AM   #10  

Day one 9:04 pm
Oh mannnnnnnnnn. I'm just starting to feel the soreness from this morning's fit test. I'm quite sore everyday.
I decided that at the end of every day I'm going to post my calories/what I ate to keep myself and track, and figure out what works for me.
My calorie goal is 1930.
Today, I got 1934.Before I added everything up, I really thought I went over. I'm so glad I didn't.

Meal 1
Special K Red Berries Cereal- 114
1/2 cup of 1% milk - 60
1/2 cup of grapefruit juice - 70
Coffee with 1tsp milk/sugar - 80
Total - 324

Meal 2
Peanut butter sandwich - 300
2 oz. Walnuts - 100
Total - 400

Meal 3
6 oz. Greek yogurt - 120
1 Apple - 80
2 oz. Walnuts - 100
Total -300

Meal 4
Banana - 80
Granola - 220
Whole grain English muffin w/ hummus - 200
Total 500

Meal 5
Chicken salad:
Salad w/ a teeny tiny drizzle of vinegar, olive oil and flax seed + 3 oz. chicken - 300
Fat free pudding (My little treat ) - 110
Total -410

GRAND TOTAL! 1934

Last edited by JessicasInsanity; 09-27-2011 at 12:20 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:19 AM   #11  

Melissa- I could never imagine doing 28 of those dang push-up jacks. That's incredible!
Your picture looks great by the way! You have the toned look which is exactly what I want to achieve. Great work!

Last edited by JessicasInsanity; 09-27-2011 at 12:19 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:32 AM   #12  

I called Shaun T pretty much every explicative in the book this morning.
I woke up hungry, tired, sore and pissed off because I was dumb enough to weigh myself the day after I started this program. I gained +0.6 of a pound, but I think it's water weight. I drank 112oz of water yesterday, which is almost double of what I usually drink. My mom told me that when you start working out after not working out for awhile, your muscles hold extra water. Does anyone know if that's true?
She then proceeded to hide the scale and say that I can't have it back for a week. -_-
This morning was HARD. Like at least 10 times harder than the fit test. I ate like a tbsp of peanut butter a half hour before my workout just so I would have a little protein.
I'm exhausted. I really am. And I have to leave for work in 15 minutes. It's going to be a long day.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:55 PM   #13  
Completely INSANE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicasInsanity View Post
I called Shaun T pretty much every explicative in the book this morning.
I woke up hungry, tired, sore and pissed off because I was dumb enough to weigh myself the day after I started this program. I gained +0.6 of a pound, but I think it's water weight. I drank 112oz of water yesterday, which is almost double of what I usually drink. My mom told me that when you start working out after not working out for awhile, your muscles hold extra water. Does anyone know if that's true?
She then proceeded to hide the scale and say that I can't have it back for a week. -_-
This morning was HARD. Like at least 10 times harder than the fit test. I ate like a tbsp of peanut butter a half hour before my workout just so I would have a little protein.
I'm exhausted. I really am. And I have to leave for work in 15 minutes. It's going to be a long day.
You will retains SOME water but also a majority of the weight you lose initially will be water weight. So it will balance out.

I am horrible at weighing myself way too often too... I was told to measure weekly and weigh weekly but it is hard to only step on the scale once a week... come on man I wanna see something LOL.... Don't get discouraged though because the scale is not always your friend in this program. My cousin (who was already pretty thin) gained initially and really only lost 5 or 6 pound the whole program where I have already lost 20... I think it really just depends on the person and your diet. I go by my measurements more than the scale though... that is the moment of truth with Insanity!

Keep on pushing play! YOU ARE DOING AWESOME!!!
Old 09-28-2011, 09:05 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

Hey Guys,

I've listened to munstermommy rave about Insanity on the 20 somethings forum and have been impressed by her pictures. I'm definitely curious about Insanity. I have a few questions and didn't want to start a new thread.

I started C25K in May. I literally started on the couch at 216 pounds. I'm now up to 2.25-2.5 miles and am thrilled with my progress. My area gets snowy/icy for 2-3 months over the winter. I was thinking about doing 60 days of Insanity over the non-running winter season. By the time the weather changes I should be up to 4-5 miles and down to 170-180 pounds. I really like having a program to follow and think this would get me going.

Alot of running guides advise adding strength training to your running regiment. Once the spring running season comes could I potentially do something like run 3 days a week and do Insanity 3 days a week? Do you guys think that would work?

How much space do you need?

Would a 7 x 11 ft area be sufficient. Do you need more wide or deep space?

How much jumping up and down do you do?

If I do it in my living room the china cabinet is in the next room. I could jump up and down a bit but wouldn't want to be going too crazy. I just want to make sure this isn't a Riverdance type workout that will make the house shake.

Floor Surface?

In one of the online reviews someone said they needed to order gym mats to do it and that it can't be done on carpet. I have a long Yoga mat. Could I potentially do it on a faux wood floor or lynolium with a Yoga mat for the floor workouts? what do you guys do?

sorry this was so long.

Thanks

Last edited by Scarlett; 09-28-2011 at 09:26 AM.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:10 AM   #15  
Completely INSANE

Hi Scarlett!

munstermommy is definitely inspiring!!

I think it would be fine to do the program and then add Insanity into your normal workout when the weather improves.

I workout in my living room, on the carpet with no mat and it works for me... and my space is a little bigger than yours and it is more than enough. I would think you should be able to do it no problem!

There is a LOT of jumping but nothing I would consider "riverdance" LOL... it reminds me of CC and track drills, mixed with football and basketball drills... LOADS OF FUN hahahaha

I hope you decide to try it! Insanity is AWESOME... definitely lights a fire under ya like nothing I have ever tried!!