South Beach Diet - Bread types

View Full Version : Bread types

anilom007
09-24-2011, 09:34 AM
Good morning! I saw this reciepe on Oh She Gloes for Roasted Tomato Onion Garlic coconut soup and I think Im going to make it on this wet nasty day. However, as a topping she has some great looking homemade crutons in there. Normally I have no problem passing but these really seem like they pull the soup together.

I havent had any breads yet just going with the brown rice or quinoa but woulndt mind giving these up for a hot bowl of soup with crutons at the end of the day. I can have the wheat, as long as I dont exercise for 8 hours afterwards so...that being said, anyone have recommendations as to what to use to make the crutons??

I thought about Ezekiel bread. I have used that in the past and they make great crutons. not sure if thisi s allowed or there is a better, healthier alternative. Any feedback will be appreciated, venturing out to Wegmans shortly! THANKS!

Lexxiss
09-24-2011, 10:50 AM
In my opinion, the Ezekial breads are the very best choice. I've made croutons out of the breads before and they turn out really great. When I'm sticking really close to plan I used Ezekial products, only, and I do much better. I don't seem to have as much tendency to overeat their products, either. :shrug: The tortillas make great pizza crusts, and I do occasionally use their sprouted corn tortillas if I'm having a Mexican dish.

anilom007
09-25-2011, 08:31 PM
Thanks Debbie. Is one slice considered one serving?

Lexxiss
09-25-2011, 10:17 PM
That's what I'd call it. I do like that each slice has fewer calories then many other approved breads, too.