Old 09-23-2011, 03:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 168/148/135

Height: 5'8"

Default How long did it take you to reach your first mini-goal (or goal)?

My biggest problem losing weight is impatience. My first mini goal is a 15lb loss; ultimate goal is to lose 30lbs.

I'm eating between 1200-1500 cals/day, working out 4-6 days a week, started 1 month ago. I feel I'm more likely to stick with it if I know around when to expect to reach my goals.

Plus, I'm just curious- how long did it take you to first see significant loss?

Last edited by lissvarna; 09-23-2011 at 03:44 PM.
lissvarna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:58 PM   #2  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Everyone is different, but those of us with more to lose generally lose more quickly. With only 30 pounds to lose, you may see results happen a little more slowly. Remember to keep track of your measurements as well, because the weeks that you don't see the scale move, you may be losing inches.
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:11 PM   #3  
Not Giving Up

S/C/G: 147/ticker/fit

Height: 5' 0.7"

My first mini goal was 10 lb and it took a month for me to reach that first mini goal. Then after that I started averaging only 5-6 lb a month. I hope this kind of give you an insight as to what to expect. Don't forget that everyone is different and lose at their own pace. If we all could lose weight at the same pace it would be a perfect little world.
Ryler832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:09 PM   #4  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

I was 198 the beginning of this journey and didn't get on the scale for a while, dieting on my own...just eating a little better and more regulated meals--thinking BEFORE putting anything in my mouth, and trying to create better dinners for all concerned in the house.

By the time I went to the "explore WW at-work" meeting, I was 191. The following week I joined at 190. THAT was when I set a mini-goal, and I was very conservative.

I admit that my first mini goal was 5 lbs. My next goal was 182. My current goal is 179. I'm sure I'll continue this way because its exciting to make those goals....

Maybe being more conservative will help you to feel successful? I don't know...but its working for me.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/153/??

Height: 5'9"

lissvarna, How many pounds have you lost so far, after the first month of 12-1500 cal.?

One always loses a bit more the first 2 weeks, which is usually attributed to water.

So, I would probably say you'll continue to lose how you lost the first month, minus two pounds or so.

I am similar to your size and can say, in my case, losing weight doesn't fall off anymore.... My goal is to be finished losing after 6 months and start maintenance. Good luck!
Unna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:32 PM   #6  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

Unna, I like your goal! In the long run, that's my goal too. I want to "get There from Here" and now I know for the first time in my life that this will never end. I'll be on a "diet" forever, it will just be the difference between the Journey and getting There!
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/153/??

Height: 5'9"

I agree- the great thing about this website is that it you learn all about your past mistakes.

I used to think the only way to lose weight was to starve myself. But then I'd only lose 10lbs or so, and start eating normally again. It'd all come back.

Seriously - I didn't think there was any other way to lose weight! Now I realize, through reading other experiences, that I had it ALL wrong!

I set a 6 month goal because I don't think my body will lose the last 25-30lbs quickly. But thats okay - much better than painful restricting to see immediate results, all the while losing muscle and looking flabby.
Unna is offline   Reply With Quote