Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 09-22-2011, 04:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 194/194/169

Height: 5'8"

Default eDiets and all these prepackaged diets...

So, I started with the 5 day eDiets plan almost 2 weeks ago. I'm trying to assess if I need it. I feel like I can get away with following a similar plan packaged foods purchased from my local grocery store and not spending the extra cash on the diet plan.

I like the prepackaged aspect of the plan, because obviously you don't have to measure anything and the calories are listed for you right there.

I'm trying to asses. Anyone else come up with the realization that they may not need one of these diets plans and that they were able to do it on their own?
toraziyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:28 PM   #2  
Changing my life

S/C/G: '09HW337 '11SW 314.0/266.6/155

Height: 5' 6"

I would suggest reading the Goals & Mini-Goals thread for a lot of different success stories.

I completely understand the convenience of packaged meals, unfortunately, budget constraints mean I count calories on my own.

Congrats on making a start!
rachaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/155

Height: 5'3"

I eat a lot of frozen meals as part of my calorie counting. I almost always have one for lunch, and sometimes another one for dinner along with some veggies or another side just to fill it out a bit more as I get hungrier in the afternoon/evenings around dinner. Depending on which brands and such that you like it could be viable to do your own version of this much cheaper than doing an actual diet delivery sort of system. There's not enough variety out there in terms of meals for me to eat them more than once a day, but I definitely advocate trying Lean Cuisine above all other brands if you can
Michi702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:25 PM   #4  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

you absolutely can do it on your own - the point of the plans are the convenience factor, to make it easier to stay on plan. If you are willing to put in a little bit more time and effort to pull your foods together (supermarket versions of pre-packed foods plus whatever fresh foods you add in), then you will lose weight that way too - as long as you stick to your plan.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote