100 lb. Club - 100 Day Challenge

View Full Version : 100 Day Challenge

GreatPerhaps
09-22-2011, 01:35 PM
Alright y'all, turns out we have exactly 100 days left in 2011.

Instead of setting a particular weight loss goal for the New Year, I've decided to just challenge myself to spend 100 days on-plan. I think sometimes it's easy to get too focused on numbers, so I thought this might help me get away from that. I don't know for sure that I can lose (x) pounds in 100 days, because in some ways I don't control that, but I DO control what diet/exercise choices I make during that time....

...so, 100 days it is. Who's with me? :carrot:

ChickieChicks
09-22-2011, 01:38 PM
Great plan! I did a 100-day challenge and it worked really well for me. It was great not having a weight goal, but instead having a time goal!!

Good luck!

linJber
09-27-2011, 08:31 AM
This might be the place for me to jump in, even though there are now less than 100 days left. I've decided to slow things down a little from what I had been doing, but still want to lose a few more pounds. This will help me stay on track because I realized when I gave myself "permission" to slow down the weight loss, it got a little harder to stay focused.

Starting today, I will try to stay on plan with food choices and exercise. My new plan of attack is to "eat like a thin person." I don't strictly count calories, but I know what I should eat and what I shouldn't. I know what portions I should eat. I want to stay with that every day. And I usually go to the gym 5 or 6 days a week. That will stay the same, too.

Counting today, I think I have 96 days left. I will post weekly on my WI day - Wednesday. Good luck to anyone who joins in.

Lin

April Snow
09-27-2011, 09:28 AM
I'm doing a 100 days challenge that ends on Christmas, but I'll happily extend it to keep track with you and finish out the year strong!!

I'm using my football ticker to finish out my 30 days of exercise in September challenge (that's just a personal one, no thread for that) and then I'll convert it to my 100 days one - I'll end up with some extra days on the end now, and it will be a great way to start off the new year!!

JOLINA
09-27-2011, 10:27 AM
I'll join all of you til the end of the year. Last year I lost over 20 pounds. This year a few more.
The Holidays are really a challenge to my weight loss plan. :(

:celebrate:

That's what building a body of work is all about.
It's about the daily labor, the many individual acts, the choices large and small that add up over time, over a lifetime to a lasting legacy.
It's about not being satisfied with the latest achievement, the latest gold star, because the one thing I know about a body of work is that it's never finished.
It's cumulative. It deepens and expands with each day you give your best.
You may have setbacks and you may have failures, but you're not done. You haven't even started.
~ Barack Obama~

Madame Souza
09-27-2011, 12:05 PM
I am in even though I don't quite have 100 days. I will need extra motivation to keep strong during the holidays.

GreatPerhaps
09-27-2011, 01:36 PM
Awesome, welcome ladies! :carrot:

Today's Day 6, and so far I haven't veered off course really. I recently upped the amount of exercise I was doing daily, though, and now I seem to be holding onto weight like crazy. I'm trying not to let it get to me, but it's getting frustrating...I'm crossing my fingers that I'll see a whoosh in the next few days, haha.

Lin- I noticed you mentioning on another thread that you wanted to slow down for a bit. I think you're right, this is a great way to do that while ensuring that you stay on track.

April Snow- Out of curiosity, what was the exercise challenge? I would love to do something similar for October!

Jolina- Agreed, holidays are rough...I was thinking this year I'd offer to cook so I'd have a little more control over what was served ;)

Madame Souza- Close enough, we're only a few days in :P

April Snow
09-27-2011, 02:54 PM
April Snow- Out of curiosity, what was the exercise challenge? I would love to do something similar for October!

I just decided that I was going to work out every day in September and set up a ticker to keep me on track!

I kept starting and stopping when it came to regular exercise, so I figured it would be a good way to establish a regular exercise habit. After I finish September, even if I take a rest day, I am already in the habit of working out every day, so I know I'll get right back on track. I set a 20 minute minimum although most days, I am up to 30 minutes now and planning to get to a 30 minute minimum at some point, with some longer days when I can.

SnowboundChick
09-27-2011, 06:47 PM
I'll join in!!

JamiSue3916
09-27-2011, 06:55 PM
I'm in! :carrot: I definitely like focusing on behaviors rather than results because like GreatPerhaps said...we can't control those pesky but greatly desired results. ;)

So far: OP 5/7 days out of 100! :yes:

linJber
09-27-2011, 09:54 PM
I'm SO glad a bunch of people jumped in here! I do so much better when I have a challenge to keep me on track I really hate posting negative results, so I usually find myself "behaving" a bit better! I used to post in the daily weigh-in thread, but found it too stressful. I weigh every day, but hate writing it down because I don't like seeing the fluctuations. I have never had a Wednesday where I didn't stay the same or go down. Not sure what the magic of Wednesday is, but it's my weigh-in day and it has worked so far! So, more tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great day, week, month.

Lin

April Snow
09-27-2011, 11:57 PM
I missed this when it was first posted so I'm glad it got bumped up where I saw it!

Just finished today's work out - 30 minutes of Wii Fit steps, and I really pushed myself hard today and got 3260 steps!

GreatPerhaps
09-28-2011, 01:03 AM
I'm glad people are posting on this too- I was a little worried when I posted "who's with me?" and got no replies :lol:

Lin, hoping some of that Wednesday Magic rubs off on me tomorrow...

linJber
09-28-2011, 09:06 AM
OK - Wednesday Magic, as GreatPerhaps called it, is intact. I was steady at 165.4 for the past 2 weeks. Down to 164.0 today.

I've been on plan with the food and the gym. I'm working on drinking about 128 ounces of water consistently every day. I seem to have no trouble doing that at work. I keep a 20 oz bottle on my desk and I re-fill it at the water fountain every time I go to the BR. (Sort of creates a vicious cycle! Pee, drink, pee, drink - LOL) On weekends, however, I'm not so consistent. Apparently I don't mind interrupting my work day to go potty, but am less inclined to have to do so on my own time!

Let's all have a great on plan - whatever that is - week. I signed up to participate (notice I didn't say "run") in a 5K on Saturday. A group from my gym are doing it - it's to benefit the Girl Scouts. We'll see how that goes - I don't run. I hope there are at least a few others who will mostly walk. I'll report back.

Lin

GreatPerhaps
09-28-2011, 11:36 AM
I'm glad the Wednesday Magic worked! Congratulations on the loss.

As for me...no such luck. I'm super confused as to what's going on with my body. This is my seventh day perfectly on plan, and I'm still stuck on 204- for the record, at my last official weigh-in I was 203.2. What the heck?!

I'm actually going to try increasing my caloric intake today by a bit, because I'm wondering if I'm not eating enough for the amount of exercise I'm doing. I'll report back tomorrow!

Hope everyone has a fabulous day. :)

linJber
09-28-2011, 06:59 PM
Don't second guess yourself too much. I stay the same for long stretches when I'm on plan, too. Two whole weeks at 165.4 just now, but I was stuck at about 172 for a while, too. A day every so often of higher calories is good, though, because it shakes things up a bit and confuses your body about how many calories to expect on a daily basis. It will start moving again.

Lin

Madame Souza
09-28-2011, 10:29 PM
2 days in and staying on track. I am feeling a little blah on my exercising but am doing it anyway. Sometimes when I exercise I am really motivated and sometimes don't feel as into it. I notice that I loose more weight when I am more into the exercise.

linJber
09-28-2011, 11:29 PM
Madame Souza - Good for you for exercising even when you don't want to. You will certainly be glad you did it - I never regret going to the gym even if it's hard to convince myself to go. Then, I think, I stay on plan a little better because I don't want to blow the good work. Great job.

Lin

April Snow
09-28-2011, 11:58 PM
just did 35 minutes on the Wii Fit, including the boxing which is a great work out, and leaves me really sweating!

just 2 more days to go to get to my 30/30 goal of daily exercise in Sept!

GreatPerhaps
09-29-2011, 01:22 PM
April Snow, I've decided I'm definitely implementing the exercise challenge for October. Good luck with the final two days! :carrot:

As for me...PROGRESS: the scale said 203.0 this morning. I'll take the .2 loss!

Wyllowbelle
09-29-2011, 03:24 PM
I'm in. Now it's totally less than 100 days, but it's still quite a few!

my goal is to be running (like really running) by new year as I am training to RUN a 5k before my birthday in April.

And to stay on plan during the holidays. I'm nervous, but I can find balance. If I do go to a party, maybe I work out a bit harder that morning to help the wiggle room. I would rather NOT do it the day after - I prefer making choices, not working off consequences.

oh and to sleep at least 7 hours a night. This, for me, will be the HARDEST goal.

Glad to have you all for motivation/support.

-Kiki

April Snow
09-30-2011, 12:18 AM
33 minutes of Wii Fit tonight!

Tomorrow is my final day of my 30/30 exercise challenge (exercise all 30 days in September) but I'm kind of afraid to stop now - I'm SO close to Onederland that I want to just get there as soon as possible and with the exercise, I started losing really fast.

I will try to listen to my body and if I really, really feel like I need a rest day, I will but I'm not doing weights at this point, and I have a hard time believing that my body really needs a rest from the 30ish minutes of cardio I'm doing - isn't the human body designed for that level of activity and more?

Dumplin
09-30-2011, 03:11 PM
Hello Friends ! I would like to join the 100 day challenge also ! I have a dream of being in Onederland before my birthday Jan 18th. I will be the big 50 and I want to make a major turn around in my life ! They say the new 50 is 40 ! I will find out soon ! LOL I go to the gym 4-5 x weekly. I just need to stop late night eating.....say after 7:00 pm. I need to watch my calories intake more closer ! I think I will I will weigh in on Wed. also. Hope that Wed magic rubs off on me also ! Good Luck everyone !

GreatPerhaps
09-30-2011, 03:41 PM
Welcome, Wyllowbelle and Dumplin!

April Snow- I feel the same way you do...I don't take a whole lot of days off, because I figure the exercise I'm doing isn't super strenuous. Humans are designed to move!

I'm a little nervous, because tomorrow I'm spending the day in New York City meeting up with a bunch of old friends. Typically, this means lots of eating and drinking- and I haven't told any of them I'm losing weight. I'm worried about how to stay within my calories for the day--especially considering the fact that the group has agreed to meet at a really decadent dessert bar (the only "healthy" thing on the menu is tea, hahaha). Any suggestions?

April Snow
09-30-2011, 04:01 PM
GreatPerhaps -

How much are you willing to say to your friends? In a similar situation, I said something like "I'm off sugar for right now" and then changed the subject. That was pretty close to the beginning so I didn't want to say a lot about trying to lose weight - now I don't mind as much since it's so obvious that I am! lol!

free1
09-30-2011, 04:09 PM
I'll jump in although I'm a few days late. My challenge is no eating after 7:30 p.m. This is a HUGE challenge for me. Starting today!

trishn222
09-30-2011, 04:12 PM
I would like to jump in here as well. I just joined weight watchers on Wednesday, so yesterday I was on plan so I will count that and go from there. I hope this is ok with everyone.

linJber
09-30-2011, 09:37 PM
Today was a good day on plan here. Welcome to all the new "members" to this challenge! I know we're all doing ourselves a favor by committing to 100 days of better health, regardless of what we're doing to make our health better.

Tomorrow I am participating in a 5K. I don't run. Heaven only knows why I signed on for this! A group from my gym is doing it so I joined in with them. Some are running, but many will walk. It's supposed to rain - we'll see if that makes me change my mind about running! I'll report back tomorrow.

Lin

Madame Souza
09-30-2011, 11:20 PM
Free1- one thing that helped me to stop snacking after 7:30 pm was to do something with my hands. I watch TV at night and am prone to snacking. I took up sewing and have stopped going to the kitchen. I don't even notice not snacking at this time. And bonus, you get to be creative and make cool things.
I am noticing that I am having a hard time with the exercising. I went to visit my parents and kept up with my exercise but didn't keep up with the eating part. Well, I came back and am finding no motivation to exercise. I was on my way home from work and caught myself thinking I can take 1 day off of the exercise. When I noticed myself thinking this, I talked my self out of not exercising and did it. Maybe I need a new DVD. That makes it more exciting. I am staying strong for the 100 days! I can do this.
Wow Lin- Just noticed you are doing a 5k- Good luck and let us know how it goes. Good for you!

April Snow
10-01-2011, 12:51 AM
finished up my 30/30 exercise challenge and I'm about 13 days into the other 100 day one I'm doing - that one goes through Christmas so I'll just keep going with this one too!

SnowboundChick
10-01-2011, 01:58 AM
My goal has been to exercise.
I went to the gym yesterday morning. The family is going for a hike tomorrow and i have a big walk planned for Sunday with a friend. So slowly getting there!

GreatPerhaps
10-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Good luck on the 5k, Lin! Can't wait to hear about it. :)

Welcome, newcomers!

Also, I had a big realization this morning. I finally got the whoosh I was waiting for--my scale abruptly dropped by 2 pounds this morning--and I was entirely too excited. Then I realized that I cared about that number way too much. I knew I had been on plan. I knew my shirt looked baggier. I knew my tummy looked better. Why did I need that number to drop to feel okay? Then I remembered that that's why I decided to commit to the 100 day challenge: to help myself stop seeking validation from the scale and start realizing that as long as I stay on plan, the time will pass and the weight will drop (however slowly). Lesson learned!

linJber
10-01-2011, 02:07 PM
Hi, everyone. It was 50 degrees and raining this morning at 9:00 when the 5k started, but about 400 women were there to run / walk for the Girl Scouts. There was a bunch of us from my wonderful women only gym. This was a women only 5K. A few of our group ran (not me!) and the rest of us walked "with intent" as one of the trainers at the gym always says. It stopped raining just as the race began, but was pretty cold and damp. I'm glad I did it - It was a fun morning.

Great - I didn't realize how close you were to "onderland." It's great to do this challenge because we're trying to put the emphasis where it belongs - on healthy living and not on a number on the scale, but it is such a motivator to go under 200 pounds! I hit 199 just about the time I was going on a 4 day camping trip with 7 girlfriends. I took my scale with me. They all laughed about it, but I didn't want to cross back over into the 2's again. It kept me on track! Great job. Can't wait to see the ticker move again soon.

Lin

April Snow
10-01-2011, 02:55 PM
I've tried to come to a good understanding with the scale. It definitely motivates me but it doesn't control me. I have all sorts of time-based commitments to myself to stay on plan and those are a big focus for me, regardless of what the scale does.

I can't help being motivated by those numbers too - trying to get each new 5 lbs chickie and also when I hit a special number like getting to 50 lbs and now - hopefully soon! - to Onederland. But I remind myself that those numbers don't come without the hard work and the daily effort of staying on plan every single day.

Wyllowbelle
10-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Congrats on the 5k, Lin! I bet it was fun to be moving with all those women - even if it was a little cold. (I wish. it was 100 here again today. my heart breaks a little for some Fall).

sleep has been 5 - 6 hours for the last two nights. I just can't seem to get my butt to bed, and in the morning, when I'm up - I'm up.

Exercise is not hard for me. NOT exercising is hard for me. Those rest days make me crazy and I feel like I have to watch everything I go near food wise like a hawk. I HATE that feeling. I'd much rather know my caloric burn and log what I ate, but know I've got some good wiggle room if it isn't exact for some reason.

I'm going to add juicing back into my daily eating - I got lazy and it shows. My sodium has been over and my carbs and fats higher than I like them to be. And I'm not feeling nearly as good. So yes... I get it. Juice more. Ok ok ok.

Good luck on your journey!

-Kiki

April Snow
10-01-2011, 10:37 PM
45 minutes of exercise done today - that's always the bigger daily hurdle for me, vs. staying on plan with food.

Madame Souza
10-01-2011, 10:53 PM
I exercised today and did not feel the reluctance I had felt for the past days. I think it had to do with some emotional baggage I was carrying from seeing my parents. When I faced up to that last night, things became clearer.

GreatPerhaps
10-02-2011, 12:43 AM
Glad to hear the 5k went well, Lin! Haha, also, "walk with intent" made me smile- I may just adopt that phrase :P

So, I went out to eat with friends tonight and did a mostly good job of staying on plan! I ordered a turkey burger and sweet potato fries, which appeared to be the only healthy thing on the menu. The only sort of slip-up was eating one of the rolls at the table...first piece of bread I've had in about a month and a half (oops). On the bright side, I ate it without butter and was able to savor it and eat it slowly. Overall, I'm pleased with how things went! Still sort of nervous about how many calories were actually in the meal, though...whenever I go out to eat I am inclined to think that every menu item secretly has 1000+ calories :dizzy:

trishn222
10-02-2011, 01:57 AM
Today I didn't do the best on food, but I have tracked everything and am still in my points values for the week, so I am ok with that and feeling like I can count that as being on plan as that are what they are there for and the fact that I tracked everything that I put into my mouth even if it wasn't the best for me. I know that I need to have some days like this or I will not stick to it for the long term. I enjoyed the day and did not feel guilty, which is also a plus for me.

April Snow
10-02-2011, 01:25 PM
while this isn't specifically a weight loss challenge, I like to keep track so I see the scale move down as the days on plan go up! Down 2.2 for the week.

SW: 210.4
CW: 208.2

GreatPerhaps
10-02-2011, 01:48 PM
Woo, congratulations on the loss, AprilSnow! :carrot:

Wyllowbelle
10-02-2011, 02:27 PM
7 hours of pure, uninterrupted sleep.

HUZZAH!!!!

And i juiced yesterday (after falling out for a bit). So Juicing again today, and going to replenish the produce this evening. Plus, I'm buying a new Juicer, which should light that fire of inspiration again. (The last one was a 30 dollar one from Walmart to make sure I was INTO it before I dropped the bucks on a fancier one).

:D
-Kiki

GreatPerhaps
10-02-2011, 03:45 PM
Kiki, what sort of things do you juice?

Madame Souza
10-02-2011, 11:13 PM
Still sort of nervous about how many calories were actually in the meal, though...whenever I go out to eat I am inclined to think that every menu item secretly has 1000+ calories :dizzy:

Yes! Me too! I don't entirely feel comfortable with eating out. I have some "safe" places that I trust but most restaurants worry me. Especially chain type restaurants.

GreatPerhaps
10-03-2011, 01:26 PM
GUESS WHAT GUESS WHAT GUESS WHAT?!?!

This morning I woke up and the scale said.....199.8!!!!

Then I went to yoga class and got into my first ever full extension backbend, which is a huge NSV. This is the best start to the week ever :D

JOLINA
10-03-2011, 02:28 PM
:congrat:

:woohoo: CONGRATULATIONS GreatPerhaps ON BREAKING THROUGH 200!:woohoo:

:cloud9: I bet you will be all smiles for the rest of the week! :cloud9:

I lost another pound last week. I have been walking 3 hours twice a week.
:running:

free1
10-03-2011, 03:59 PM
MADAME SOUZA...Thanks for the suggestion. In some areas, I'm doing great but my late night snacking is BAD. I'm not very creative but I do like puzzles. I will definitely try it and let you know how it goes. No, on second thought, I'll let you know how great it went :)

April Snow
10-03-2011, 05:28 PM
woooohooooo GreatPerhaps!!!!!

:dancer::cheer2::cheer3::congrat:

GreatPerhaps
10-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Aww, thank you! I'm super excited. :)

Madame Souza
10-03-2011, 09:08 PM
Free 1- Try the puzzles. I think they would work good because they would stimulate your mind and keep your hands busy. Let us know how it goes. Just don't do a food puzzle:D
Great Perhaps- I think you are great definitely. I am happy for you for reaching under 200! What a great milestone. And thank you for starting this thread.

I am trying to use ankle weights to spice up my workout. I tried them today and liked how they made me feel. They made me feel like this :carrot:

linJber
10-03-2011, 09:33 PM
GreatPerhaps - now you have to change your name to GreatForSure! I knew it was a matter of days before you entered Onederland - You've been sooo close! It is such a motivator to see the 1 instead of a 2. I hope you never see it again.

Lin

April Snow
10-03-2011, 11:52 PM
about 35 minutes on the Wii including 3200+ steps in 30 minutes.

I kept saying that once I finished my 30/30 days of exercise in Sept, I'd take a rest day but I don't want to stop! I did, I definitely could have talked myself into a rest day but once I got going, I felt really good and so glad I did!

GreatPerhaps
10-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Thank you all for the kind words. :) Lin, I hope I never see those numbers again either...this has definitely given me an extra bit of motivation to keep losing!

AprilSnow- Glad to hear the exercise is going well! If you don't feel like your body needs the rest, I think it's perfectly okay to keep going, haha.

Hope everyone's having an excellent Tuesday!

Madame Souza
10-04-2011, 08:11 PM
The ankle weights are really helping my exercise. I notice them and it gives me an extra challenge. It feels good.

GreatPerhaps
10-04-2011, 09:24 PM
MadameSouza- What kind of exercises do while you wear them?

I think my next big hurdle in weight loss is going to be obsessing over calories less. I've been freaking myself out all night about having eaten a little over 1400...this should not be a big deal. Do any of you have any strategies for fixating on numbers less?

Madame Souza
10-04-2011, 10:55 PM
I do Leslie Sansone's walk away the pounds work out dvds. When I start to feel like they are getting old, I have to do something. I think my body is telling me that it wants more of a challenge.
Today we went to Costco and I went over and looked for a big bag of dog food that was as much as the weight I lost. I can't figure out where it went on my body...
My boyfriend hugged me from the side and could put his arm around me. He said he hadn't been able to do that for awhile.

April Snow
10-04-2011, 11:50 PM
30 minutes of Wii steps (while watching Biggest Loser!). That was on top of going on my son's field trip today with lots of walking in that too. So a good activity day.

linJber
10-05-2011, 12:56 AM
GreatPerhaps - try to keep things in perspective. We are all on a mission to lose weight, and we want to see the scale go down every day. That would be wonderful if it worked out that way. But some days are better than others - for everyone, including people who don't have extra weight to lose. Thin people go over sometimes, too. They just compensate the next few days to even things out.

It's easier said than done, but remember that a few extra calories on one day can't matter in the long run. Just think of it like a thin person would and make up for it tomorrow. We set such a high standard for ourselves that sometimes it feels like failure if we don't stay perfectly on plan. That's one of the reasons I decided not to follow a set diet plan and just eat sensibly. I never strictly counted calories for a couple reasons. Too much trouble for one. And probably most importantly, it's too hard to be 100% accurate. I didn't want to obsess about every calorie and I knew that's what I would do if I counted strictly.

You know what you should eat. If you eat what you know is good most of the time with just a rare slip-up, you'll be fine. The more you lose the easier this will be, I think.

I was so obsessed with the idea of losing 100 pounds by Christmas that I lost focus on other things. I'm 60 and have been over 250 pounds for over 20 years. I don't snap back as easily as a younger person might. And while I don't want to be completely vain about this, because it really is about overall health, I decided that I have to slow down now or I won't look good. I am starting to get baggy. I managed to lose 80 pounds and not notice too much. Now at almost 90 pounds, there is a big difference from 80 pounds in the loose skin. I struggled with this because I see it as quitting, but it isn't. I set that goal without knowing what it would look like at this age. I know what 152 pounds looked like when I was 30, but it isn't the same at 60 and I was silly to think it might be. I'm not changing my ticker or signature yet, but I might just stop at 162 - 160 pounds. That means I have to stop obsessing about 100 pounds. You have to stop obsessing about a few extra calories.

I say all that because I know how you feel to get spazzy about a few extra calories. I do, too, but I try to keep it all in perspective now. Focus on the fact that you recognize the "miscalculation" of your needs for the day and move on. Day by day it will get easier. Just don't get so laid back about it that you don't pay attention to total calories at all!

Lin

JOLINA
10-05-2011, 07:20 AM
LinJber, you are very wise to slow down the weight loss at this point. Thanks for letting us know when the dreaded loose skin starts to crop up.
So far I have kept my weight loss at a very slow pace, 1 pound/week, trying to stop any baggy skin from forming.
So far it is working.

Have you ever visited the obesityhelp.com site?
They have a lot of Before/After pages. Over 4,000 members there have gone through weight loss surgery. I have read a lot of their stories.
www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/members/before+and+after.php?Dir=Next&Time=1317647058&Count=1

These brave people deal with a lot of baggy skin issues because they lose over 100 pounds/year. That is a really fast loss. Plus they have to deal with malnutrition because their stomach pouch is so small. Some have a lot of awful complications. Gall bladder surgery, kidney stones, ulcers, fissures.
Most get plastic surgery, which is extremely painful, to remove the saggy skin. Ouch! They get the surgery ASAP.

I want to avoid all these issue by taking my weight loss slowly, although it is so very frustrating at my pace.

I often wish I had a magic wand and just go **poof** and have all the weight disappear in an instant.

:wizard:

"There is no one giant step that does it.
It's a lot of little steps."
~Peter A. Cohen~

Dumplin
10-05-2011, 08:08 AM
good morning , I really enjoy reading all the post on here. I am up early to set out for the gym. I need some kinda of motivation to help me with my eating right NOW ! I have gotten out of control ! Why ? I don't know . Alot of my friends notice that I have lost weight but that just don't seem to be inspiring me right now. I am 50 yrs old and just want to be under 200 . I am serious, that will be good for me. I will wear a size 14 jeans and I will be happy with that. I have been there before. I had rather be chunky and real flabby. That goodness my man likes me chunky ! LOL Good Luck Friends !

Dumplin
10-05-2011, 08:15 AM
Congrats Great on Onederland !!!!! WOO HOO

Congrats Lin on your 5k !!!!!! WOO HOO

linJber
10-05-2011, 08:32 AM
Wednesday is WI day for me - down to 162.0. That's 90 pound since January 13th. I am officially starting to maintain now.

Jolina - I'll visit the site you mentioned tonight. All weight loss advice can be good advice, I think, as long as we keep it in perspective. When I say "baggy" I really mean just "60 year old woman baggy," not "hanging folds of skin baggy," if you know what I mean. I have been blessed with good skin. Genetics, I guess. My mom and her sisters never had wrinkles. My upper arms and thighs are starting to look "loose." Standing straight up you don't even notice. When gravity pulls in a weird direction, like when doing a push up or plank at the gym, I see how loose the skin is. Or if I wear shorts to the gym and look at my leg while kicking in Karadio (similar to kick boxing.) Sort of like a balloon that has been blown up for a really long time has lost some air, but not all if it. I think a weight loss skin surgeon who deals with extreme weight loss would laugh at me. This is more like a "normal" part of aging and I see it in friends my age who never were heavy and never lost weight. That's why I refer to it as "vanity." It certainly isn't necessary. There are no folds of skin hanging and touching causing skin problems. But it is reason for me to stop for now. I'm wearing 12 jeans, once in a while I'll find 10's that fit. I wear medium or large tops. I'm really good with this size.

My reasons for slowing down or stopping have already been stated and I think they are valid.

My reasons for wanting to continue are silly - namely it would be really cool to say I lost 100 pounds, and I weighed 150 pounds when I was 28 - 30 years old. Health doesn't even come into my reasoning! Granted, 159 is the top of the "normal" range for 5'-7" tall. But it's ridiculous to think that losing 3 more pounds would actually impact my health any more than losing 90 pounds already has. And if I were to be completely honest, with what I consider to be a medium frame, I should really get down to about 140 to be smack in the middle of "normal" for 5'-7" and a medium frame. THAT was never part of my goal.

Another reason for me to slow down is this: I have already proven to myself that I can do this. I lost a lot of weight by changing my attitude about being overweight and by eating sensibly and exercising. If I want to lose 10 or 12 more, I can do it. The best part is realizing this. There is no more urgency to lose.

I'm not changing my ticker or end goal. I want to show that we are all "works in progress." And that way I can stay in the 100 pound club. If I change it, I'll have to leave and start a 90 pound club. I like it too much here.

Hope everyone has a great day. Keep up the great work and great attitude, everyone.

Lin

JOLINA
10-05-2011, 11:48 AM
LinJber, I know what you meant by saggy skin just starting. Those people on that site I mentioned have lost from 200 to 400 pounds real fast.
Then some of them get major issues with their skin. Something most of us here won't ever have to deal with.

I think the fact that their stomach is so small and they are subject to malnutrition has a lot to do with the lack of elasticity in their skin.
My heart goes out to all of them. Weight loss surgery is just not a good experience. It has a lot of unseen complications. I am glad I can count my calories and keep at it.

You are doing great! I wish I weighed what you do right now. But I have a ways to go yet. Maybe next year....

Congratulations on your fabulous weight loss!

:celebrate::hug::celebrate:

If I had been around when Rubens was painting,
I would have been revered as a fabulous model.

linJber
10-05-2011, 11:02 PM
Thanks, Jolina. If I can do this, anyone can. I never considered surgery for this because I want to be able to eat normally. I know I'd never be happy if some of my favorite foods made me sick. I want to have the occasional day where you go to the all-you-can-eat buffet and you eat all you can. I think you're right about the rapid loss being partly to blame. Losing over `100 pounds certainly will have an impact on how most people's skin looks. I think I'm pretty lucky to have very little problems up until now.

I'm going upstairs now to pack for a 4 day camping trip and then get to bed. I'll be off-line for a few days - Hope everyone has a great day / week / etc.

Lin

GreatPerhaps
10-06-2011, 01:00 AM
Lin, I always love reading your posts- you always have something really wonderful and insightful to say. Thank you for putting the calorie counting in perspective for me! Enjoy the camping trip. :)

On Wednesdays I'm always deliciously sore, because the woman who teaches yoga on Wednesdays at the studio I belong to runs it like a boot camp. My legs hurt in muscles I didn't even know I HAD, hahaha.

Also, mini NSV- I was working out today and kept getting frustrated because I had to pull my pants up continuously...then it dawned on me that it was because they're starting to get too big!

linJber
10-06-2011, 07:35 AM
GreatPerhaps - aren't baggy pants wonderful! The very first thing I noticed back in January was that my pants seemed to have gotten longer, which baffled me at first. Then I realized they were not pulled up quite so far because I was slightly less round. I loved it each time my pants seemed longer because that meant I'd be in a size smaller very soon.

I'm off to work early so I can leave at 11:00 to meet my friends for our "Ladies' Weekend." See you all soon. Have a great weekend.

Lin

Oh - not sure if this is an NSV, but I was talking yesterday on the phone with my DD who lives in NC. She said, "Guess what, mom. You know how when you're talking to someone you can't see and you get a picture of them in your head? Well, my picture of you isn't heavy anymore." Now my goal is to never again be a heavy "picture in my daughter's head."

Oh, one more - I bought a new (used but new to me) car yesterday. The old one just needed too much work. When we were just about done with all the paperwork, the salesman (probably about 65 - a bit older than I am) said, "By the way, congratulations on the weight loss." I must have looked very perplexed because I had never met him before going to look at cars. He said, "I could tell from your driver's license photo." That opened a whole new conversation and he told me he had surgery 6 years ago and lost 180 pounds. I told him he looked good. He said he was proud of me. Isn't it funny how encouragement comes from the strangest places sometimes?

April Snow
10-06-2011, 08:12 AM
congrats Lin.

And just my opinion but I think you should change your ticker. It feels like you are diminishing the amazing accomplishments you have made as if they aren't good enough because it isn't an even 100 lbs. And that's just silly. You are healthy. You fit into a clothing size that you are happy about. You like the way your body looks now (subject to the normal aging process, of course!). Why keep comparing that to some random number that you pulled out of the air in January just because it sounded good? Why not stand up tall and say that you have met your weight loss goal with all the pride you deserve for that?

linJber
10-06-2011, 01:59 PM
April - just logged on one last time as I'm heading out the door to go camping. I think I'm going to leave my ticker and goal as is because I think I might want to lose a couple more eventually when I see what happens as time goes by. As I said before, I want it to remind me and everyone else that we are constantly changing and really are works in progress.

My biggest reason for leaving it, however, is that it hit me that it doesn't really matter anymore because I CAN lose 10 (or however many I chose) more pounds if I want to. I have been so tied to that stupid number that I'm going to leave it there out of spite! It has absolutely no control anymore. THAT'S the lesson I learned over the past 9 months. I hope we all learn it eventually. Set goals. Reach them. Re-set them if you have to. Just don't give up on what you see as a healthy life. And, most importantly, don't see it as quitting or giving up if you have to make a change down the line.

Now I really am off - see you all on Monday night!

Lin

Dumplin
10-06-2011, 03:07 PM
Hey Lin , you sure do not look your age and you are a very motivating person ! I love to read your posts . Enjoy your trip !

GreatPerhaps
10-06-2011, 10:34 PM
Hey all, just wanted to check in--I'm taking off for the weekend too, so this is probably the last time I'll get a chance to post in here until Monday.

I'm super excited! My older brother and I are going for a long hike this weekend--the route we've mapped should take us about 8 hours. I love fall, and I've been spending as much time outdoors as possible recently. Needless to say, this will be fabulous. :)

Hope you all have wonderful, safe weekends too!

April Snow
10-06-2011, 10:45 PM
Lin and GreatPerhaps -

enjoy your weekend activities!!

April Snow
10-06-2011, 10:45 PM
just finished a 2 mile WATP.

Madame Souza
10-06-2011, 11:01 PM
Lin -Enjoy your weekend! Have a great time camping.I agree with Dumpln about both things she said about you.
Great Perhaps Your hike with your brother sounds like fun. Enjoy the fall and your hike.
April Snow I love WATP. Good job on the 2 miles

I went to the thrift store today and was actually able to find jeans in my size. I haven't shopped at a thrift store in years. I had given up because it was too hard to find cute things in large sizes.
I am keeping on plan and on track and it feels great. Thanks for all the support and motivation everyone!

Dumplin
10-07-2011, 02:58 PM
I am planning a going away bash for my daughter Sat night for her friends and co-workers. She will be moving to Long Island, NY in a couple of weeks. I am sure gonna miss her. She plans to go to Grad School and she has a good job waiting on her to start Oct 24 . She is my only daughter and is 25 yrs old. So mature for her age but still my little babygirl !

Madame Souza
10-07-2011, 11:25 PM
Looks like everyone is doing fun stuff this weekend. I just came back form the fabric store. I got material for my halloween costume. I am planning to start working on my costume.
I went to walmart and got new underwear too. I was looking forward to it all day. I have never looked forward to going to walmart like I did today. It was the first time I got new underwear since I started working on being healthier. I am looking forward to wearing underwear that actually fits.
I didn't realize how baggy my clothes were until I started wearing new stuff. People were noticing all week long. It felt really good.

Dumplin
10-08-2011, 07:57 AM
Madame-I buy my underwear at Walmart too ! LOL I like those spandexie kind that I think helps hold my giggly stomach in. I have tried all kinds of underwear and I like the support those have the best ! I have always like the Lane Bryant Bra's however, they really fit plus size gals wonderfully. I like the underwire kind ! What kind of costume are you making ? I have been going to Halloween Party for the past 4 years we have the best fun ever ! I first was an Indian and he was a Cowboy . I have been a Maid . Last year I was a Cowgirl. Not sure about this year . Looking foward to going again !

Madame Souza
10-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Dumplin- I am going to be the tooth fairy. It sounds strange but teeth have been on my mind lately. My boyfriend has recently gone to the dentist after a 10 year hiatus and needs $3000 in work. Also, I am making a tooth fairy pillow for our niece because she will start loosing teeth soon and I am her sewing auntie.
I have a blue dress that's too big so I am going to make an apron to go over it with a big tooth on the front. I am going to make a crown, necklace and bracelets. I bought my shoes and wings because it was cheaper and easier and I can't make everything. I am finding that big dresses that I out grew can make great costumes.
I work at a retirement home and try to make holidays extra fun. I am looking forward to Halloween.

April Snow
10-08-2011, 02:46 PM
just did a 45 minute walking and sculpting routine - WAY harder than the WATP ones I've been doing. whew!

Madame Souza
10-08-2011, 10:54 PM
just did a 45 minute walking and sculpting routine - WAY harder than the WATP ones I've been doing. whew!

What walking and sculpting did you do? I am looking for something else to add into the routine.

April Snow
10-09-2011, 10:10 AM
What walking and sculpting did you do? I am looking for something else to add into the routine.

I think it was this one http://www.exercisetv.tv/store/p-1919-walking-cardio-shape-up.aspx

I use the workouts that I get on my Comcast OnDemand - the Exercise Channel. There are some WATP but a whole bunch of other stuff and now that I am getting in a little better shape, I checking out some of the other stuff for a little more of a challenge.

GreatPerhaps
10-09-2011, 04:04 PM
Hi all! I'm back. :) Unfortunately, the hike got canceled because my brother was feeling super sick...but I DID get to go apple picking! Today I made homemade applesauce, which I'm enjoying now. I love autumn!

Evidently had some sort of whoosh...even though we ate out and I ate a bit of junkfood, I'm down to 196!

I realized that I probably don't do enough core exercises, so I got P90X's Ab Ripper X video. It's a 15 minute workout that you're supposed to do 3x a week (in addition to your other exercise), but allegedly it's super intense. Tonight will be my first time using it...my goal is just to get through all 15 minutes, hahaha. I'll report back and let you know how it goes.

April Snow
10-09-2011, 10:00 PM
sorry the hike got cancelled, GreatPerhaps. But the apple picking sounds great!

April Snow
10-09-2011, 10:03 PM
Good day today - the scale was down 2.2 at my weekly WI. And I went to the store and tried on some jeans. Didn't find any but found I was pretty solidly a 15 (they fit, they just didn't fit right). I got a pair of pants that were 17s but they are not as stretchy as jeans so I was still pretty happy about that. Only $15 too, which I don't mind spending on something that will hopefully only fit for a few weeks!

JOLINA
10-10-2011, 04:23 PM
April snow, You are doing good.

I lost one more pound last week. I am very slowly getting to my goal.

Enjoy the fall weather, everyone!
:wave:

:bat: :witch2: :bat:

Obesity is a killer. And there is no vaccine against it.
And no antibiotics to kill it. The only cure is dieting.

Dumplin
10-10-2011, 08:21 PM
Madame- that sounds cute ! Nice that you can sew. A Tooth Fairy should really be fun. Sweet of you to make the little tooth fairy pillow for your neice also ! You must be a nice relative to have :)

April Snow
10-11-2011, 12:29 AM
30+ minutes on the Wii - over 3000 steps watching The SingOff!

Dumplin
10-11-2011, 08:19 AM
April Snow - You are very inspiring ! Great Job !

April Snow
10-11-2011, 08:53 AM
thanks Dumplin!

I think it's funny that I used to come home from work and other than playing a little bit with my kid, I would just sit at the computer and/or watch TV. Now when I do watch, I do steps while watching (at least for half an hour of it) but if I have to pick between working out and watching TV, I work out instead!!

Madame Souza
10-11-2011, 10:13 AM
thanks Dumplin!

I think it's funny that I used to come home from work and other than playing a little bit with my kid, I would just sit at the computer and/or watch TV. Now when I do watch, I do steps while watching (at least for half an hour of it) but if I have to pick between working out and watching TV, I work out instead!!
I used to only watch TV too. I still do but I also make time for exercise. I think it's so awesome to see how many of us are choosing to take care of ourselves instead of veg in front of the TV. It feels great for myself and is wonderful to know I am in such good company. Way to go everyone! I am proud of all of us.

GreatPerhaps
10-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Just wanted to check in...AprilSnow, congrats on the new chick avatar!! I just changed mine too. It's strangely satisfying, isn't it? :P

I realized today that I've officially lost a quarter of the weight. For some reason, that's a crazy thought to me- I still feel like I'm at the very beginning of my journey, but I guess I really am moving along!

Also, as a random side note--have you all acquired any "cheerleaders" along the way? You know, like a Zumba instructor or person at your gym or something like that who becomes almost personally invested in your weight loss journey? I realized today that one of the teachers at my yoga studio really cares about watching me succeed and helping me work through this. It made me smile today to realize that someone has so much faith in me.

Hope everyone's having a good Tuesday!

linJber
10-11-2011, 07:14 PM
Hi, everyone. I noticed the changing chicks, too. Great job to all!

Great - I know what you mean about having a cheerleader. My gym is very small and all the trainers know all the members. Most members know most of the other members. Two trainers in particular have encouraged me all along and it does mean a lot to think they care enough to comment. I always try to comment to others, too, because I know how good it feels when someone notices. A "you're really looking good" from a friend really goes a long way.

Lin

Dumplin
10-11-2011, 07:41 PM
Oh my goodness ! My friends at the gym have played a major part in my weight loss along with 3FC ! I have one friend that has believed in me my entire journey. It makes giving up never an option. She has been down for a couple of months with an injury and claims that is why I have'nt loss any weight for two months LOL ! We do motivate each other , I think she is right , no kidding . It is stange how a partner can keep you totally FOCUSED !!! I think she will be ready to come back next week . I sure hope so !

April Snow
10-12-2011, 12:54 AM
GreatPerhaps -

yes, I love getting to change my chickie! Those are my 5 lb minigoal reminders every day! Great job on changing yours too!!

April Snow
10-12-2011, 12:55 AM
another good day on plan!

cfmama
10-12-2011, 05:22 PM
oh I like this! 100 days on plan works for me!!!!

April Snow
10-12-2011, 11:00 PM
mixed it up today on the exercise - 10 minutes of steps on the Wii, a Biggest Loser 10 minute cardio video and then a Denise Austin 12 minute cardio video.

linJber
10-13-2011, 12:07 AM
Today should be weigh in for me, but I am trying something new and am only going to weigh on the first Monday of the month. I'm "practicing" maintenance for the month of October. If my jeans feel even a little bit snug, I 'll jump back on the scale and see how it's going. This is going to make me a little antsy, but I'm going to try it. It's the exact opposite of the antsy I felt when I visited the daily weigh in thread. I love all the people in it, but it really made me nuts to post my weight every day, so now I just lurk in that thread.

Lin

Madame Souza
10-13-2011, 10:31 PM
I'm still on plan!
Lin- It is really inspirational to see you towards the end of your weight loss goal and hear about what you are trying out to maintain and getting in that mindset. I think the end of the weight loss and the start of maintenance is going to be a hard time for me because it will be different. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and showing us how it's done.

GreatPerhaps
10-14-2011, 12:17 PM
Lin- Taking a break from weighing in daily while you're trying out maintenance sounds like a great idea! I used to only weigh in once every couple of weeks...it was difficult at first, but after a while you stop being antsy and start appreciating the fact that you don't have to agonize over every little fluctuation in your weight anymore. :) Good luck!

My body is...well, off, but I can't really figure out why. I'm not SICK per se, but I've been beyond exhausted all week (like, taking-two-hour-naps-during-the-day exhausted) and had this weird bloated feeling. I've still been working out and eating under 1400 calories a day, but for some reason my weight abruptly shot back up and won't go down (and it's not TOM!) Any ideas on what could be causing this?

April Snow
10-14-2011, 12:19 PM
GreatPerhaps - is there any chance you are pregnant? That kind of exhaustion is what makes me wonder....

April Snow
10-14-2011, 12:20 PM
I posted my confession here http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/245128-first-day-off-plan-but-i-feel-ok-about.html

So I won't get 100% for every day of this challenge. But that's ok, life happens and I am back on track today.

I think I was starting to feel the pressure of having been on plan 100% since I started in May and now that pressure is gone - I went off plan and the world didn't end! lol!

GreatPerhaps
10-14-2011, 12:44 PM
AprilSnow- My partner is of the same sex, so as far as I know that's not an option :lol:

Wonder if I could have mono or something, though?

GreatPerhaps
10-14-2011, 12:45 PM
Also, as odd as this is going to sound, I'm proud of you for your first day off plan! I think it's important to learn that you ARE strong enough now to "just have one" and then be able to stop and get back on track the next day. :)

April Snow
10-14-2011, 02:09 PM
AprilSnow- My partner is of the same sex, so as far as I know that's not an option :lol:

Wonder if I could have mono or something, though?

ha, ok, well I guess it's not pregnancy! lol!

but, yeah, it could definitely be some sort of virus. Just try to take it easy and get lots of rest and fluids and see what happens.

April Snow
10-14-2011, 02:10 PM
Also, as odd as this is going to sound, I'm proud of you for your first day off plan! I think it's important to learn that you ARE strong enough now to "just have one" and then be able to stop and get back on track the next day. :)

thanks, I just posted on another thread that it is actually a bit of a relief to not have the pressure of "how long can I keep doing 100%?" any more. I am getting back on track and will want to keep on plan again now but it's definitely not the end of the world to have done this.

JOLINA
10-14-2011, 07:55 PM
GreatPerhaps, I had the same symptoms you have 3 weeks ago. It was something in my intestines. I was sleepy all day long for several days, even though I had enough sleep.

So I ate 3 tablespoons raw pumpkin seeds for 4 days in a row....
Plus I added 1 piece of candied ginger 4x/day for the 4 days.
I bought both of these at Trader Joe's, but any good health food store should stock both items.

I really don't know if I need both remedies, but they worked. Now I am alert and OK.

Today my stomach feels off. My stomach this time, so I am going to eat the 3 tablespoons of raw pumpkin seeds again. I am out of ginger. Tomorrow I'll have to go out and buy a bag.

There must be various ailments going around. :?:

I upped my calories a few days ago, but I also started working out more. I have no idea if I will lose 1 pound a week now, or maybe just a half pound.
Either way is OK with me.

:ebike::woops::tread:

"Obsessed" is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

linJber
10-14-2011, 10:56 PM
Great - hope you figure out what is causing your troubles. You commented a few posts back that you were one quarter of the way to your goal. I meant to comment on that the other day. What a great feeling! It makes it easier to see the light at the end of the tunnel, doesn't it?

April - It's sort of a big relief, isn't it? My DD is an excellent student. She carried a 3.85 GPA in college. She started out with 4 semesters of 4.0's and stressed constantly. Then she got a B+ in something and "broke" the 4.0 average. She was bummed at first and then realized how much she had been stressing over the numbers. Sort of the same thing, don't you think? Real life isn't always 100% on plan. You're doing so well and now you realize that perfection isn't required. Keep up the consistently good work.

And to all who commented on my monthly weighing - we'll have to see how this goes. I know I'll weigh myself once in a while in between. The OCD will surely kick in! I am now only counting what I weigh on the first Wednesday of the month. Just like I used to only count Wednesday's weight as "official." It was hard not to weigh in this week, but I'm trying for this to be a change for the good.

I know that everyone has to find their own way to do this, but I can't spend the rest of my life counting and stressing over everything I eat. I have to keep trying to "eat like a thin person" and leave it at that. If I don't do well, then I have to come up with plan B. So far there isn't one!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Lin

April Snow
10-15-2011, 11:48 AM
April - It's sort of a big relief, isn't it? My DD is an excellent student. She carried a 3.85 GPA in college. She started out with 4 semesters of 4.0's and stressed constantly. Then she got a B+ in something and "broke" the 4.0 average. She was bummed at first and then realized how much she had been stressing over the numbers. Sort of the same thing, don't you think? Real life isn't always 100% on plan. You're doing so well and now you realize that perfection isn't required. Keep up the consistently good work.

yes, that is EXACTLY it!

and I was nervous about what would happen - would I be able to get right back on plan? Yes, back on already. Or would all the weight come back on overnight? Nope, just .2 up still - I was already 2.2 up for the week, presumably from TOM bloating because I was otherwise on plan until then.

So all is good.

And Lin, good luck with the monthly WIs. I would not be able to do that (and wouldn't even try, I think - I have decided to not use ANY willpower when it comes to the scale, if I want to get on, I get on) but I think so much of this is all about figuring out what works. And maintenance is a whole new thing for you to figure out now.

linJber
10-15-2011, 04:32 PM
April - It isn't so much that I won't ever get on the scale for the month, it's just that I'm not letting the numbers get to me. When I have to write them down, it starts being stressful. It's so weird and hard to understand why. From January 13th to October 5th I lost 90 pounds and on Wednesdays at weigh in I NEVER saw a gain. I was the same, I lost as little as .2 pounds (darn digital scales!) and I lost as much as 4.6 pounds. But never once went up.

It's exactly like your 100% on plan. How will I react if it goes up? Weight fluctuates. I'm trying to get that in my head. I did get on the scale today. Results in a sec. I had been camping for 4 1/2 days last week with friends. When we went camping in May, I took my scale. I didn't this time. I had a stressful 2 weeks. My car was about 1 mile from the graveyard and I had to get something else last week - in a hurry. I had hoped to put off buying a car till next spring. It has been very busy at work, putting in 10 - 12 hours days after being off for a long weekend. I have been putting my "eat like a thin person" plan in effect to the best of my ability, though my ability was severely lacking while camping with my friends! So, the bottom line was the scale said 161.6 this morning. Major success, since my plan is to hold at 162. But (other than here) I'm not writing it down. For some reason, for me, that takes the stress away.

I'm proud of you for recognizing that 100%, 100% of the time, is not realistic for the rest of our lives. It is what it is. We do our best. We slip a little. We begin again. And I certainly don't even want to imply that I think a few calories or off-plan bites of food are "slipping." Heaven help us all if it is, because there are days I'd be considered to be in a free-fall. I really admire your discipline. I know I wouldn't last long on Dukan. How great it is that there are so many ways to do this.

And I'm proud of myself for realizing I can deal with this without being tied to the number on the scale for the rest of my life. It is what it is.

Lin

Madame Souza
10-15-2011, 10:57 PM
I have been keeping track of my days on plan by adding 1 to the number in my signature but some days I forget if I did it or not. Today, I went back and checked what day I started and I was 19 days in, not 16. Woo-Hoo!

linJber
10-15-2011, 11:00 PM
Thanks for keeping track, Madame Souza. I always look at your signature to see how far we are. Glad you fixed it - I never even noticed!

Lin

April Snow
10-15-2011, 11:26 PM
[QUOTE=linJber;4072112] For some reason, for me, that takes the stress away./QUOTE]

Yes, I think that's the main thing to remember - we all have different plans and different paths. For example, I know that Dukan is very restrictive and not for everyone. Honestly, I didn't think it was for me, I thought it was a bit nutty when I first heard about it. But I had a bunch of friends trying it so I figured I'd give it a shot. No one was more surprised than me that I loved it and it felt like such a perfect fit! lol!

I feel the same way about the scale. Forcing myself to only WI once a week would be a waste of will power. But forcing myself to WI every day doesn't for me either. But obviously, some people do great with daily WI, others weekly, others monthly. Just like the diet plan, we are all going to feel motivated and supported differently.

I will admit that I was hoping I'd follow your path and never see a week with a gain. But since the gain happened (2.2 up) before the off plan day, I obviously couldn't control it. It's definitely linked to my cycle, and I expect to see a whoosh once TOM actually arrives.

April Snow
10-15-2011, 11:28 PM
My days tracker is so out of synch now. I started a different 100 days on plan challenge a week or so before this one started and I started the tracker with that. But now I've missed a day so I won't finish up on Christmas when that one went to.

I'm just going to keep counting the days on plan and hope to have 100+ by the end of the year!

linJber
10-16-2011, 10:56 AM
April - good job in recognizing TOM has an impact on weight fluctuations. I'm 60 and TOM left with Aunt Flo a LONG time ago. I don't even get the occasional hot flash anymore. So TOM has never been a factor for me. I'm glad for that, because I'd have been nutsy every month!

Like I said - It is what it is. Some things are out of our ability to control.

Lin

sassyangies
10-16-2011, 12:19 PM
Hi everyone! I hope it's ok that I join your guy's challenge! I know there are less than 100 days left till the end of the year, but I still need the challenge and just figure I can make mine the 80 day challenge or just go further into the new year. This is officially my second post on the site ever and I'm excited that is is such an active forum!

linJber
10-16-2011, 09:35 PM
Welcome here, too! I saw a different post you made - probably your fist one! Glad to have you in the challenge with us.

Lin

sassyangies
10-17-2011, 11:19 AM
So today is my second day! :) yesterday I wasn't really on any plan yesterday because I wasn't counting points for myself because I lost my little calculator, but I'm watching what I'm eating and I'm being mindful on what I put in my mouth. So I'm still going to consider it my first day. I stepped on the scale today and I was pleasently surprised that I am 4 pounds lighter than I thought I was starting at. So that's exciting.
I hope everyone is having a great start to their day. My son is going to Grandmas right after preschool for the night so I am excited to get started on my bathroom and I'm nervous because this is when I do most of my eating when I'm by myself. So wish me luck. I'll be back a little later to check in.

GreatPerhaps
10-17-2011, 04:13 PM
Welcome, sassyangies! Happy first day :)

I went off plan this weekend...but, like AprilSnow, I think it was actually a pretty positive experience. I had been really strict about everything since I started this challenge, and (as I've mentioned before in my posts) was definitely getting a touch obsessive. I was supposed to visit some friends in Rhode Island, and instead of being excited for seeing people I don't get to see very often, I was mostly just fixating on calories and what was going to happen to my weight and whether we were going to go out to eat, etc. etc. etc. Finally, I decided to put a stop to it by giving myself permission to just eat what I wanted this weekend, with the hope that I could manage to "eat like a thin person" as Lin has suggested. :P

It went pretty okay! At lunch, I swapped out my "bulky roll" for a wrap and when we went out to dinner I didn't even come CLOSE to finishing the massive portion on my plate, because I actually stopped when I was full. I do admit that I ate a bit more cake than I should have...but I had baked a gorgeous, fancy-pants chocolate red wine cake and I felt entitled to enjoy it at least a little ;)

Today I'm back on track...went to yoga this morning and going for a run with my dog later tonight. Hope everyone's week is off to a good start!

April Snow
10-17-2011, 09:01 PM
hello sassyangies and welcome!

and good job, greatperhaps! I do think my mental state is much better now and I am EXCITED about being back on plan today, which I wasn't feeling before. I'm going to do the strictest version of my plan for the week, and hopefully make up for all the lost ground (I didn't change my ticker but I was up again on Sunday, all the way to 209.6 - still TOM-related, I guess?) this week and then start off next week on a downward trend again.

I'm not even too disappointed that Onederland by Halloween won't happen - that seemed so unrealistic to me anyway. But I do think that getting there by Thanksgiving is still possible so I am going to focus on that. My original idea when I started in May was to be there by Christmas or New Years, so I'm still ahead of the game at this point.

linJber
10-17-2011, 09:19 PM
Sassyangie - hope you have a great first week on plan. Check back often to let us know how it's going. What are you doing to your bathroom?

GreatPerhaps - I'm proud of you. This is really what we have to strive for. I wish you all could meet my DD - she is such a good example of how I want to eat. Maybe my weight was the example she needed of what NOT to do. At any rate, I think a weekend with friends off plan is OK. As long as it's back on plan right away.

April - who knows what TOM may take when he leaves. Onederland by Halloween might still be possible. Certainly by Thanksgiving, putting you way ahead of your original plan. Just keep it all in perspective.

Lin

sassyangies
10-18-2011, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the warm welcomes. I did "OK". I ended up snacking last night too much and I wasn't keeping track so I don't even know what I did calorie wise. I'm gonna have to start counting calories, because I thought I knew right where my points calculator was but it turns out its missing so counting calories for me!!

I'm renovating my bathroom myself so yesterday I took the sink and vanity out, the mirrors and medicine cabinet out, changed the toilet, and now working on the tile floors getting them out which is turning out to be really hard so I might need help on that. (Thanks for asking)

I hope everyone is having a great start to their day!

3/70 day challenge (since I'm late it's not quite 100)

linJber
10-18-2011, 10:11 PM
Wow! Fantastic job on re-doing your own bathroom! Consider getting the tile out an exercise session and maybe it will go better!

Lin

April Snow
10-20-2011, 12:16 AM
I can no longer access this website from work most of the time (I think it may be the old browser we have, because it's fine from home) and I've got limited time once I'm home at night.

But still here, still plugging away on plan and hoping to see a net loss for the week after my mostly unexplained gain last week (a tiny amount off plan one day, but most of the gain happened before that anyway!)

sassyangies
10-20-2011, 06:20 PM
Hi guys!!! Just wanted to say hello before I go to my Mom's for dinner. I did not do anything with my bathroom. I didn't feel like it so for now it will have to stay like that until Monday since I work Fri Sat and Sundays. I hope everyone is having a great day so far. Me well, havn't counted calories yet. I haven't done bad its just my sis bought me a burrito for lunch and I have no idea how many calories it is. But I only had a nectarine for breakfast the burrito and no coffee today so thats not too shabyy.. Anyway have a great day everyone..

4/70

April Snow
10-22-2011, 12:14 PM
Good morning everyone!!

I've already done a work out this morning. I'm actually going to try to do another 30 minutes later but I'm still already on track for being on plan today, all I have to worry about is the food. And as bizarre as it seems (even to me! lol!), that has been the easier piece for me this time. So I am getting the weekend off to a great start and hope everyone else is too!

April Snow
10-22-2011, 06:16 PM
2nd half of today's workout done! I did almost 2000 punches during cardio boxing - I bet I'm sore tomorrow, but it was fun!

JOLINA
10-23-2011, 10:50 AM
April Snow, you sure are getting enough exercize. 2000 punches!
:boxing:
I did manage to lose another pound, but it took me 2 weeks to do it this time.

I hope everyone has a great week!
:)

April Snow
10-23-2011, 11:18 AM
After my unexplained gain last week up to 209.6, I was down 3 lbs this week and still working my way back to my ticker weight. I'm hoping to see some additional progress and get to start moving my ticker again by next week's WI!!

April Snow
10-23-2011, 11:21 AM
Jolina -

Good job on your pound!! I think when you get so close to goal, a pound every two weeks is pretty good!

I love that little punching smiley!! I'm a naturally lazy person and could easily do no exercise at all if I let myself. But once I get into the habit of working out consistently, I really do like how I feel when I do. So finding stuff like cardio boxing that is FUN and that I actually WANT to do is crucial for me!

sassyangies
10-23-2011, 12:19 PM
Jolina great job on the 1 pound loss.

April wow I'm impressed that's allot of punching. I too am a natural lazy person and haven't quite made it to the excersising yet, but I'll get there.

I hope everyone has a great day today. I had a good day yesterday food wise and I'm hoping to do the same today. I just need to get more water in I think. I'm just happy that I did not overeat.

7/70

linJber
10-24-2011, 09:48 PM
Hope everyone has a great week. I just got home from visiting DD in NC and I'm beat. It's about a 10 hour drive. Early to bed and then work in the AM, but it will be a short week.

Lin

Madame Souza
10-25-2011, 12:28 AM
Alright, I sort of lost my motivation for a while. My partner was gone away on business for a week and came back today. Him being gone shook my routine. I stayed on plan exercise and food wise but I just felt off balance somehow. I am a firm believer that when I am on top of my game, and concentrate, I do better. Sometimes I just go through the motions and don't feel like I am giving it 100% I think I gave my exercise about 75-80%. At least I kept up and did not stop. I am happy I at least did that.

April Snow
10-26-2011, 12:57 AM
finished my 4 days of two-a-day workouts.

Back to my regular schedule tomorrow so I won't have time to do the 60-75 minutes a day I've been doing but I'll definitely be trying to push for more than 30 instead of settling for that.

And hopefully, I will finally see some forward progress at Sunday's WI (I know it's only been two weeks so far without progress, but I still want it NOW! lolol!)

BeachKitty
10-26-2011, 01:12 PM
I'd like to join you all :) I've been on plan since 09/12 and I was going for the end of the year also. I dunno how I'll make it through the holidays but I'm optimistic!

sassyangies
10-26-2011, 01:36 PM
Hi everyone!! I think I have been forgetting about this thread. I've been so busy trying to take the tile out in my bathroom, and make my Owl treat bags for my sons Fall party at Preschool. i've only been on here once a day instead of 2 or 3 times.. But things are good. I finally just hired someone to come and take the rest of the tile out because it's the hardest tile I have ever tried to take out and I've done it many times. So the tile is out, but my house looks so dirty because of all the dust it made.

I'm still OP so that's exciting. I am starting to get used to what I'm eating and snacking on. I've cut my lattes alltogether and now I'm just drinking a big coffee with about 3 tablespoons of silk french vanilla. (I couldn't go black, I did try though)

April great job on the working out!! It's only been two weeks so hang in there!
BeachKitty WELCOME! I joined this thread not too long ago and for that reason so I could make it through the holidays. I think my goal was to loose 20 pounds by the end of the year. Whats your goal? And good luck I'll see you around!

10/70

Dumplin
10-26-2011, 04:49 PM
I am really, really back on track now. I went to my little weigh -in clinic Monday had not been there since March 20th of this year . I was up a little . Exercising morning and evenings to get back in line. Still want to reach my Onderland goal before my birthday ! Gonna stop late night eating !:dust:

linJber
10-27-2011, 12:14 AM
I'm trying not to stress too much about the holidays just yet, but it is good to have a plan. I have no family here - just former in-laws and lots of friends, so I almost never have to actually "do" the big meal thing at my own home. I usually just show up somewhere with a side dish. I will make that side dish be a tasty but low fat choice this year.

It certainly is different now that I've decided to maintain at about 160 pounds. I almost feel like I don't belong in the challenges, but my challenge now is to, well, maintain. It isn't that much different, really. Except that I can get through the occasional slip-up without feeling like I lost ground.

Lin

sassyangies
10-27-2011, 01:14 PM
Ok everyone.. I lost 5 pounds! I'm so excited. I feel like I've put 100% and then some this week and it paid off. I'm super excited.
I hope everyone is having a good week so far!

Lin we need you in the challanges because we need to see people still struggle even when they are maintaining. Part of me sometimes thinks I can't wait to get to my goal so I can relax, but I know thats not true. You have to watch what you eat just as much as someone who's trying to loose does. I'm with you on trying to prepare for the holidays. I have it at my house every year and I'm allready looking for low fat low cal sides and new ways to make my currents recipes better for me. I think it's good we're allready thinking about it.

Dumplin your so cute with the will power dust! Good for you getting back on track. Excerising morning and night that's awesome!

11/70

BeachKitty
10-27-2011, 04:39 PM
Sassy- Well as far as goals go I'm trying to make them not numbers related because that is exactly what has ruined me time and time again making me give up if I didn't see results or gained. My big goal for the rest of the year is to make it past 75 days on plan and then hopefully on to 100 etc. One day at a time. Also congrats on losing the 5lbs!!! That's definitely something to be excited about :)

I tried giving up on coffee... then tried artificial sweeteners and hated it...then tried black. I finally found a sensible and tasty way to enjoy it and cut it down to 1 or 2 cups a day. I've realized I just can't live without my coffee!

I need to plan for that turkey... it's a weakness of mine. At least after a month and a half I've lost all intrest in sweets.

sassyangies
10-27-2011, 04:49 PM
Beachkitty: It sounds like you got a good plan started so good for you. I know what you mean about the coffee. I could not go black either, so now I just put 2 suger packets in it and a small amount of silk vanilla milk. Not soo bad and it works for me. Hope to see you around and have great rest of the day!

April Snow
10-27-2011, 05:28 PM
Lin -

I agree, I think seeing a maintainer in the challenges is helpful because the reality is that it is a challenge to consistently maintain (I don't mean the same EXACT number, but to be within that 2-4 lbs range or whatever you have as your target).

One of the things I love about my plan is that it has guidelines for the transition between active weight loss and regular maintenance. I expect there will be a much, much bigger learnng curve for maintenance than there is for weight loss!

linJber
10-27-2011, 09:09 PM
Well, I do plan to stay in here. I need to be held accountable. Sometimes I worry a bit that someone might question why a person who is maintaining would want to be in here except to flaunt the fact that they made it to their goal. Obviously no one is doing that, so I hope no one thinks anyone would.

I do feel it's a challenge to stay on plan and maintain. The plan is just slightly different. And here's the thing. I feel a friendship with many of the regulars in this thread and the Thanksgiving challenge people that I don't feel in some other threads. I was posting in the daily weigh in thread for a while and those folks are fantastic, but it makes me nervous to post my weight every day. It makes me nervous to count every calorie. Even at the beginning of this process, that seemed like too much pressure and precision for me. I don't think life is like that and I'm too stubborn to be held to such a strict plan. That's why my plan has just been to cut out the junk and eat sensibly. And exercise. And while I know that weight fluctuates every day, I don't like seeing it go up.

I have avoided the weigh ins for a few weeks, but my slightly compulsive nature got the better of me yesterday. I had been in NC visiting DD from Thursday till Monday. My niece lives in Raleigh, too, so my brother and sister-in-law drove with me and we all had a great visit. I decided to try just eating a normal amount of food and not to stress too much about it. I didn't count calories at all but tried to be sensible. We had breakfast out one day, ate leftovers one night, shopped all day and ate breakfast and supper out along with samples at the kitchen store while we shopped, ate one evening at my niece's house, and went to the state fair and ate carnival food and candy. I was 162 on my last official weigh in on Oct 5th. I was 161.6 yesterday. I'm very happy with that. I'm just trying to do what I did while I was trying to lose, but with more allowances. A couple months ago I wouldn't even have had a bite of the elephant ear my DD and brother shared, but I ate some this time. I had a sausage sandwich with peppers and onions - my favorite carnival food - and it was just OK. Not as great as I anticipated! (Sort of a bummer, actually!)

I feel like I belong with this group of people as my support. I visit the maintainer's threads, too, but I feel like I'm not a part of that group just yet. I like it here, so I'm staying.

Great job at losing 5 pounds, Sassy. That is a wonderful first week and makes the next week easier to do. Keep it up.

BeachKitty - I think on plan goals are wise. I'm proof that eating sensibly works. Easter is April 8th, I think. This challenge ends with the new year, so I think Easter may be a good date to set for our next one. I think it's 99 days from Jan 1 to Apr 8.

April - I think the learning curve for maintenance is pretty much the same, but the perspectives are different, if you know what I mean. While trying to lose, we can be very focused on our goal. We see the downward results and know we're doing well. We try not to stray because we have that clear goal in front of us. With maintenance, it's almost like we're watching to see if we are going to slip up too much. I feel like we can slip up a little. I know what I should eat in a day. I try to stay in the correct range. But now I feel can allow myself to eat the carnival food for one day (for example) and not feel like I cheated. This is life. There are ups and downs. We deal with them. In your maintenance phase, don't you stay on plan for 6 days and have a day to eat whatever you want? We're going to find that we don't want to eat the crap anymore. That's why I think I was disappointed that the sausage sandwich was only OK instead of fantastic!

We're all going to get there sooner or later. We all have fat and skinny friends. I think of this group that way and I like being part of it. We're all just sharing a small part of our lives with each other at whatever stage we happen to be in right now.

Hope everyone has a great evening. See you all tomorrow.

Lin

sassyangies
10-29-2011, 12:43 PM
Lin I understand everything you are talking about and I think it's important for you to stay where you feel comfortable. I am happy to have found a place I feel comfortable and I'm happy you guys are letting me get to know you.

I have to tell you though last night I had a rough night at work. I slipped up and ate allot more than I should of. I started stressing about money and feeling like I wanted to eat bc I was "hungry" but I know there was no way I was hungry.. but today is a new day and I'm going to forgive myself and move on. I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far. I have to work myself like every weekend, but I'm off Monday so I can take my little man tricker treating so I'm excited about that!

April Snow
10-29-2011, 01:24 PM
Lin -

Congrats on successfully navigating the food on your trip and finding a balance between enjoying yourself but being within reason. Sorry the sausage sandwich wasn't as good as you were imagining!!

April - I think the learning curve for maintenance is pretty much the same, but the perspectives are different, if you know what I mean. While trying to lose, we can be very focused on our goal. We see the downward results and know we're doing well. We try not to stray because we have that clear goal in front of us. With maintenance, it's almost like we're watching to see if we are going to slip up too much. I feel like we can slip up a little. I know what I should eat in a day. I try to stay in the correct range. But now I feel can allow myself to eat the carnival food for one day (for example) and not feel like I cheated. This is life. There are ups and downs. We deal with them. In your maintenance phase, don't you stay on plan for 6 days and have a day to eat whatever you want? We're going to find that we don't want to eat the crap anymore. That's why I think I was disappointed that the sausage sandwich was only OK instead of fantastic!

My plan doesn't have cheat days - it has one celebration meal (not day) to start off with once you hit goal, and then after a while, it increases to 2 celebration meals. That's per week.

It may be just semantics but I love the concept of a "celebration meal" over a "cheat day" because you are enjoying even the not-so-healthy foods in moderation while celebrating the fact that you are still on plan. Part of the goal of this plan is to re-define your relationship with food so that you can enjoy food in a healthy way, and that includes the treats.

I have found that for now, I am fine with passing up a lot of things because I know I can have them next year. And I can see that for the rest of my life, I will be able to continue to pass up things sometimes, because I know I'll be able to have them soon, I just have to have my celebration meal boundaries in place so that I don't start "celebrating" my way back up to 261 lbs! I see that for me, it's turning these foods into what they SHOULD be - an ocassional treat that is all the more special because it's not an every day thing. I don't need to eat ice cream every day, but once a week? Sure, I can have and savor it guilt-free! The rest of the time, I'll be eating and enjoying primarily a healthy diet of lean protein, low fat dairy, lots of veggies and fruit and a reasonable amount of whole grains, with a little wiggle room for some extras now and then. And if this plan really does what it says, I will also not have to count calories and track, I will just need to make good and reasonable choices.

(the only exception is one day a week where you follow the strictest version of the plan, but if that means eating pretty much without restriction the rest of the time, it is well worth it to me!)

linJber
10-29-2011, 07:04 PM
Thanks, Sassy. I'm staying!

April - I think it's all in how we deal with things in our own head, don't you? That's how I deal with stuff I know I shouldn't eat. This includes unhealthy things no one should eat all the time and also the things I know will trigger overeating for just me. No where does it say we have to be perfect. No where does it say we can never have something so totally bad for you that Dr. Oz would faint if he knew. Since everyone in here is or was WAY overweight at some point in their lives, I think I'm safe in saying we all had some pretty lousy eating habits. We're all fixing that - lots of different ways - but the same fantastic results. And, yes, "celebration" does sound so much better than "cheat." LOL

New topic:

I keep thinking about how much I used to eat. We're all probably pretty much the same. It might be a different food or snack, but I'm betting most of us started every meal by eating "normally" most of the time, but then ate ourselves into obesity by taking 2nd and 3rd helpings and by snacking all day long. And by treating ourselves TOO often. My brother - who can probably still wear the jeans he wore in high school - has a term he uses when he sees someone just wolfing down food without even enjoying it. He says they are "eating like a hostage." Meaning, of course, that they ate like they might never get another meal. I may not have eaten in a rush, but I certainly ate many things as though I might never get the chance to eat them again. THAT'S what I need to keep working on to change. It's an attitude. Heck - I live alone and buy all my groceries and eat them myself! No one is going to eat the last of something before I get to it. I have absolutely no excuse for eating like there's no "next time."

I just had the opportunity to drive 600 miles to and from NC with my brother and SIL to visit our daughters (who thankfully decided to live in the same town.) That's a lot of time to talk. I am 60, brother and SIL are 59. We grew up in the 50's. We had everything we needed and a few of the extras. We couldn't ever remember having soda in the house except when dad made homemade root beer. (SOOOO good!) There were cookies and we could have 1 or 2. We never went out for fast food. We ate meals at home and we liked the stuff we ate. We were happy. I know I sound like an old fart to say that those really were the good old days. Lots of things are good now, too, but I think the times have made it much harder to focus on being healthy in many ways. We want everything to be easy and instant. We don't want it to be difficult. But, I'm never surprised to hear people in here and in other threads commenting on some healthy meal they chose and how great it tasted when they start from scratch and do it the "old fashioned" way. We have to let ourselves re-learn that the way we are supposed to eat can be really tasty and not difficult at all. All that said, once you know that "Moose Tracks" ice cream exists, it's very hard to resist it!

I'm going to spend some time reflecting on the changes I want to make in my habits. I hope I don't make myself too crazy!

Lin

BeachKitty
10-29-2011, 11:12 PM
You really are an inspiration Lin and it's great having you here ^_^ I'm disgusted when I think of how I used to eat. Hostage is a great way to put it. I've found that I'm enjoying my food way more than I ever used to before even though I'm eating healthy. I believe it's an ongoing process and the more we travel on our journeys the more we will learn about what works for us.

I made it through a family/business cookout this weekend by eating at home first and just having a small salad at the event. It was full of southern favorites... very off limits! I didn't feel uncomfortable or left out though and still had a great time. It's making me less worried about the holidays.

April Snow
10-30-2011, 09:55 AM
those extra exercise days paid off. Had a great week with a 4 lb loss, which is a net loss of 3.6 below my prior low.

Next up is 1.6 to get to a total of 60 lbs. and then just 1.2 more after that to get to ONEDERLAND!!

JOLINA
10-30-2011, 12:30 PM
Lin, Be sure and stick around and let us know about the trials and tribulations of maintenance.
I thought about going on maintenance a couple of weeks ago when I noticed some loose skin on my upper arms. :yikes:

But I decided instead to up my calories and to slow my weight loss down to 1/2 pound per week.
So I am down just 1/2 pound this week. :(

I won't make my goal by years end, but maybe my skin will have time to tighten up as I lose more slowly.
:smug:

linJber
10-30-2011, 05:05 PM
Thanks, BeachKitty and Jolina. I figure maintenance is just about the same as dieting. (I hate the word "diet!") We are eating healthy foods and changing our attitude. All of us. It doesn't matter how much we started out to lose or how much we have lost, or how much we still have to lose. And holding steady is the same, too. It's just a matter of adjusting as needed.

Great job, April. I knew the "phantom fat" would be gone quickly. Onederland is so close! Great job.

Jolina - I'm happy staying here at 160-162 for a while. Heck, I'd be OK with it forever. My clothes fit nicely. It's winter so you can't see the baggy parts. If it does tighten up a bit with time, I'll go back to losing and take off the last 10 pounds or so that I wanted to lose. I HAVE GIVEN MYSELF PERMISSION TO STOP! I can't tell you how hard it was to do that! Someone said to me, "but now you'll never know if you could have lost 100 pounds by Christmas!" And I said, "I lost 90 by October 5th - I absolutely know I could have lost 10 more by Christmas if I decide to do it." That was the key. I CAN do it - I'm just not going to right now. It's almost silly to set such a big goal so far in advance. We do it because (at least I did it for this reason) we need to see what the end will be, I think. The closer we get to our destination, the more options we have. It felt urgent to lose weight when I weighed 252 pounds. At 162 there is no urgency for me any more. We have to remember that "life's a journey, not a destination." I hope I'm not anywhere near my destination just yet. I have miles and miles to go.

Great day everyone.

Lin

Madame Souza
10-30-2011, 10:34 PM
I like the hostage analogy.
I used to have something and think, I want to finish this so it's not in the house anymore and it won't tempt me and I would finish it off. I probably looked like a hostage wolfing down my food. Its funny/ scary to look at how I was thinking and how I tried to justify eating so much.
I haven't been around as much because I have been working like mad to finish my Halloween costume before Halloween. It's the night before and I am almost finished.
I have been staying on track with eating and with the exercise. I made those a priority which meant not as much time for the internet.

sassyangies
10-31-2011, 11:25 AM
Madame, I'm dying to know what are you going to be? We decided not to dress up this year, but my little man is.

Hi everyone!! I missed yesterday. I got some unexpected visitors (my in laws) So I was entertaining them all day before work. I'm so glad it's Monday. My work week is over. I'm also excited that I made it through the weekend with no slip ups and doing great.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Halloween and hopefully we don't eat to much candy!

BeachKitty
10-31-2011, 01:06 PM
Today is day 50 for me!!!! ^_^ Super happy

Madame Souza
10-31-2011, 11:53 PM
Sassy- I went as the tooth fairy. I posted a picture of the costume in the general chatter costume thread. It is on page 3.
I had so much fun at work today. I work in an retirement home and all the residents loved my costume. They were super excited that I had made it. Most of them used to sew but aren't able to anymore so they like talking about things like that. There was candy and treats everywhere but I stayed strong and didn't have any. Over the weekend, I read that to walk off the calories of a a single M&M, you would have to walk an entire football field and back. I am not sure if this is true or not but if I think about it, I don't eat M&M's.
Stay strong and safe for Halloween.

sassyangies
11-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Hi everyone! We had a great Halloween. I had so much fun with my son and trick or treating. I brought my Mom and Dad over to spend time with him. The whole neighborhood was out last night. I loved it!! I did eat some candy and cake, but I'm not too worried about it. I wish I didn't do it, but I wanted to allow myself to have that treat and I didn't plan very well, to avoid it.

Madam I amgoing to go and see your costume I can't wait. I bet it's addorable. I did not dress up this year, but usually I do.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday!

16/70

April Snow
11-01-2011, 12:01 PM
all the days on plan have added up to a big whoosh and I am officially in Onederland now!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/246270-whooshed-into-onederland.html

Good incentive to keep staying on plan, even with so much Halloween candy in the house now - but I want to make my next mini goal and move from Obese to Overweight!!

JOLINA
11-01-2011, 08:47 PM
CONGRATULATIONS APRIL SNOW!

YOU MADE IT!

:cloud9:

:belly: :encore: :belly:

sassyangies
11-01-2011, 08:49 PM
yay for you April!! That's awesome. I can't wait until I can say that I am in Onederland!!!

linJber
11-01-2011, 08:59 PM
Thank goodness I only bought candy I don't really like this year because I have a lot left over. In the past I always bought things I LOVE and hoped I'd have left over candy. This year is different, and that in itself is a victory.

Great job, April. Keep it up.

Lin

sassyangies
11-02-2011, 01:28 PM
Lin good for you. Yeh I know what you mean about wanting to have candy left over. I did eat some candy, but not allot and what we did this year was when we were ready to quit giving candy out we turned all of our decorations off and went out my the fence and the next kids that came up I gave them the rest of it. They were so excited because I still had a whole bag left over and they got to split it up between the 3 of them. Halloween was not too bad for me, I could've done better, but I did super good compared how I would normally do ya know.

So today is a great day. I live in AZ and yesterday it was still really hot. 91 degrees, but this morning was a nice suprise. 60 and beautiful. I actually had to put a jacket on my son to go to PreK. I love it. It's making me want to be lazy again today, but I'm not I'm going to go out and clean up the yard from the Halloween frenzy and put all the decorations away. I'm so glad we didn't take all the decorations out this year. Sometimes I do not want to put it away, but I'm super excited to get the Xmas stuff out soon..

Yesterday my hubs was home and usually that means lazy day eating allot of food. We did do breakfast, but all I got was a CUP of oatmeal.. YAY for me. The rest of the day went good, so I'm expecting a loss tomorrow for my weigh in.

I hope everyone has a great day today. Im sure I'll be back later.

18/70

linJber
11-02-2011, 09:00 PM
Well, official first Wednesday weigh in was today. I was 161.2, so that's great. I was 162 at the beginning of October, so this is perfect since I want to hold at 160 to 162 pounds now. A month of maintenance and it's going well. I have a busy rest of the night - I'll be back tomorrow with a little more time to "chat." Hope everyone is well.

Lin

April Snow
11-02-2011, 10:22 PM
Lin - congrats, that is fantastic that you are maintaining right where you want to be!!

sassy - that's so funny about giving away all the rest of the candy to those kids, I bet you made their year! lol! I'll let my son eat his candy for a week and then we'll donate it to the troops.

Madame Souza
11-02-2011, 11:00 PM
April, congratulations! I'm so happy for you. Good Job on onederland!!!!!!

sassyangies
11-03-2011, 01:23 PM
That's a great idea April. I love that. My son gets 1 piece a day and that's it, but we didn't trick or treat long enough for him to get enough to last long thank goodness. And great job on your Swoosh into Onederland!!! That's awesome.

Well, I lost 5 pounds on my weigh in today! I'm so excited about it. I was hoping to get into the two's, but that's ok Im so happy with the 5. That makes 10 pounds for me. I can't wait to get a ticker to show my weight loss! Yay!! I hope everyone is having a great day!

19/70

Madame Souza
11-03-2011, 11:03 PM
So I weighed myself yesterday and I was 219. My boyfriend is 220. I am finally lighter than he is. We met in high school and I don't know what we weighed when we met. He was anorexic for awhile so it's probably been about 15 years since I weighed less than him. Maybe more. It feels good to be the lighter one. I like him weighing more than me.

sassyangies
11-04-2011, 01:21 PM
Great Job Madame. OH I hope someday I can be that weight. That is so awesome. I would love to one day be lighter than my husband. Once apon a time I was.. Yay for you!!!

Today is day 20 out of 70 for me. I'm super excited that I have made it this far. Yesterday was a little hard for me. For some reason I wanted to eat everything is site yesterday. I still did semi good and stayed with my eating plan, but I took a bite here and there of extra stuff. We had a fire last night and that was nice and relaxing. I love it when its cold here.
So I work as usualy Fri Sat and Sun and I'm starting to be ok with it. It seems to be getting easier for me there.

Well, I hope everyone has a great weekend. I'msure I'll be back in the AM.

linJber
11-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Hey, Souza - great job at getting lower than the BF! If you really mean 119 and 120, though, I'm concerned about how little you weigh! Are those typos? I can even imagine 119 pounds! LOL Keep on moving down the scale. Great job.

Sassy - have a good weekend at work. I'll be thinking of you while I clean the garage (my chore at home for this weekend.)

Lin

Madame Souza
11-04-2011, 11:11 PM
Hey, Souza - great job at getting lower than the BF! If you really mean 119 and 120, though, I'm concerned about how little you weigh! Are those typos? I can even imagine 119 pounds! LOL Keep on moving down the scale. Great job.

Sassy - have a good weekend at work. I'll be thinking of you while I clean the garage (my chore at home for this weekend.)

Lin

Oh Crap! I didn't mean to worry you all. I meant 219 and 220. I guess I was soooo excited I lost an extra 100 lbs in my mind. I don't even want to be that skinny for my goal weight. I think my bones weigh more than 119.:D

sassyangies
11-05-2011, 12:05 PM
Lin have fun cleaning your garage. One of my favorite projects to do is clean the garage. Well, my garage is my scrapbook room so that's probably why I have so much fun cleaning it.

It rained pretty hard last night my back fence fell down so that's not good, but I'm glad it was cold when I got off work. It feels so good to finally have some cold here.

And I weighed today (since I'm a daily weigher) and I'm happy to say I'm 2 more pounds down which normally I wouldn't say anything, but it puts me in the 2's at 298 so I think it's worth mentioning.. I wish I could a siggy I'm excited to put some cute things down under my post, but it still is not letting me.. Owell! :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sat.

Madame Souza
11-06-2011, 12:06 AM
Sassy- Yeah! You are in the 2's what a great feeling! Keep it up!

linJber
11-06-2011, 09:19 AM
Thanks for updating us, Souza! Great job. Onderland by the end of the year, I'll bet!

Sassy - fantastic job at getting to the 200's. The "Working for Onederland" thread is a great one. I visit it once in a while because I find those people to be really nice and I know you've been in there, too. You have a long term group to travel with. Of course, anyone can post in any thread, but it's nice when you have a common goal.

And, Sassy - "cold" in AZ in November and "cold" in PA in November ARE NOT the same thing! HaHa. At least it was in the 50's yesterday while I worked outside. And MY garage is the place where my gardening stuff gets spread around all summer but the car has to actually go in it in the winter! LOL. I'm almost done - now today, the rest of the furniture and seasonal stuff has to come off the front porch and get stowed for the winter. I hate doing it because then the house looks so "winter-like" and it's like admitting the snow is coming!

Lin

JOLINA
11-06-2011, 10:11 AM
Madame Souza, It's wonderful that you weigh less than your boyfriend now! :cheer2::cheer3:

I did manage to lose another 1/2 pound this past week.
The scale is going in the right direction and I am slowly moving toward this years goal.

Best of luck to all of you this coming week!

:cheer:

CHOCOLATE: THE BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS!

sassyangies
11-06-2011, 11:49 AM
Hi everyone!!
Lin, I'm from Utah so I understand the snow thing, but I was never an adult living on my own in Utah so I have no idea what it takes to get everything ready for winter. I never have to put any of my furniture or anything for that matter away. It just stays out all year long. But I do miss the snow. I love it! I dont know if I would want to live it in again though.

April Snow
11-06-2011, 08:43 PM
haven't been posting much and haven't been working out as I haven't felt well. Finally went to the doctor today when I still wasn't feeling any better and it turns out I have strep throat. I started the antibiotics today and I think I can already feel a difference so I'm hoping I will be doing better within a couple of days and able to get back to my normal routines including working out. I haven't been able to do that for a few days now, so I'll have to start back up slowly to make sure I don't over do, but I'm sure I'll be back up to full speed quickly.

Madame Souza
11-06-2011, 11:14 PM
:hug: Get better soon April

linJber
11-06-2011, 11:44 PM
Take care of yourself, April. Get healthy, THEN get back on plan.

Sassy - I managed to get all the stuff done that needed to get done outside. It was a glorious day today - about 65 and sunny. Just a wonderful fall day.

Lin

sassyangies
11-07-2011, 04:29 AM
April feel better soon. Hope to see you back to normal.
Lin that sounds very nice. It was pretty much the same here about 70 and sunny. I had to work, but I'll get to enjoy it now that my work week is over. I have some projects I want to get done tomorrow just some simple ones I can do while I watch some of my shows. Mondays are usually slow for me since its after 3 days of just 3 or 4 hours of sleep and I'm usually tired by then, but I still plan to make it a good and productive day. I found this really nice wood sign that has the word love carved out of it at Goodwill. So I'm gonna be painting it tomorrow and giving it a new life on my wall. I love finding stuff at Savers or Goodwill and giving it a new life or a new purpose. Anywhooo.. I'll be back in the AM. Time to go to bed.

April Snow
11-07-2011, 09:18 AM
thanks Madame Souza, Lin and Sassyangies!!

Today is the first day in over a week where it doesn't hurt to swallow, so definitely good progress!!! I am gong to have to go off plan slightly to be able to eat some crackers when I take the abx - it's 4 times a day and I can time them with meals as much as I can but there will be a couple of other times where that won't work. Hoping that I can keep going and get a small loss for the week even with the crackers but obviously taking my medicine without it making me throw up is more important!

sassyangies
11-07-2011, 12:45 PM
April glad your starting to feel better.

I had a great weekend food wise and other. It's rainy and cold here today and I love it. I'm gonna get the rest of the little stuff halloween wise out and back to the shed so we can move on to Thanksgiving and maybe a little Christmas stuff. I have to get my house ready for Thanksgiving because my bathroom is still not done and I have to at least get it ready for the Holidays. Yikes! Why did I start this project right before the holidays..

I hope everyone has a great Monday!!
23/70

JOLINA
11-13-2011, 12:17 PM
April Snow, I hope you regain your health soon.
:getwell:

I was somewhat sick all last week also... but not strep thoat. My nose and sinuses were running like a waterfall. :faint:
It is almost cleared up today.

I did manage to lose another 1/2 pound through it all.
I tried to up my calories last week because I was so ill, but my appetite was gone. But I did drink a LOT of fluids.
:coffee2:

I won't make my goal this year, but I start a whole new diet for 2012 on January 1, so I should take a lot off next year.

Best wishes to all this coming week!
:hug:

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop.
~ Confucius ~

linJber
11-15-2011, 08:20 AM
Just checking in and seeing that there has been little activity in here for a few days. I didn't do too well on staying on plan for the weekend. Lots of activity and reasons (excuses) but I'm not going to let them control me. I had company for the weekend and realized that's a lot different from being company in someone's home. I felt I had to have more regular meals and more things in the house while my cousin stayed with me. It isn't fair to her that I didn't have a single thing to snack on except fruit. I know - it wouldn't have killed her. but it didn't kill me, either, to have a few things around and eat a little of it. And we ate lunch out one day with no real regard to what we ate. And we took her son for pizza and wings. And then a "Women Only" supper at a friend's church where they are known for fantastic food. Fortunately, she was going back to her son's college to see him again on Sunday afternoon, so left over cookies and other snacks got sent to him. I eased back into it yesterday.

I'm just implementing my "eat like a thin person" plan and will really watch what I eat for the next few days and then I will get on the scale next Wednesday to close out the Thanksgiving challenge. My challenge is to be 161 or less next Wednesday - but without the help of the scale to get there. This is uncharted water for me, so we'll see how it goes.

Hope everyone else is doing well. April - where are you? Are you feeling better?

Lin

sassyangies
11-15-2011, 12:19 PM
Hey Ladies!! I hope everyone is having an awesome Tuesday. My weight finally budged. It's not my weigh in, but for the last few weeks by Monday I had always budged little by then so I was getting worried and started questioning everything I was eating. Never a good thing to be doing. This week has been good for me. Yesterday I snacked more than normal, but I just felt like I needed it so I allowed myself to have it. Hopefully it won't come back to haunt me Thursday.. haha.. That better not happen. I am still going strong and happy about it. I've started to trust myself a little more with more food options. For this last month I've been mainly eating veggies and fruits like for lunch veggie soup with a little chicken, but now I'm allowing myself to have some cheese, a little potatoe, you know little of other things that I limited before. Cheese is so hard for me though. I realized that when I bought some shredded cheese (the new kraft 3 cheddar with cream cheese) OMG it's so delicious I had to just stop eating it with anything. I was just having a pinch here and there of this cheese and realized it was gone and I was the only one eating it.. NOT GOOD. I have a cheese problem for sure!! :) So no cheese for me right now. I just can't handle it.

Lin it sounds like your doing just fine. I know it's hard when your routine gets messed with and you know what's in your house, it's like a safe zone. Where are those left over cookies and stuff? Anyway you could give them away? :) I might have to do that with the cheese I bought. I just can't trust myself with it anymore ya know. It sounds like you had fun weekend which you deserve! You will be fine for your Thanksgiving Challenge. I know you can do it!!

Jolina I'm glad your feeling better. I hate being sick and right now everyone is sick! No worries about not making your goal.. Were all trying and that's what counts right. I too am thinkig of my big goals and small goals for 2012. I am so vowing that 2012 will be my last year of being obese. Hope you make a full recovery very soon!!

April I hope your ok! Get better soon!

31/70

Madame Souza
11-15-2011, 01:03 PM
Hey Sassy- I know what you mean about a cheese problem. It is just so good.

linJber
11-15-2011, 04:56 PM
Sassy - ALL the leftover EVERYTHING went to my cousin's son! He's a starving college sophomore, so he loved getting it! Cheese can be a big pitfall for me, too. Ijust have to stay vigilant!

Lin

sassyangies
11-19-2011, 11:31 AM
Yes Lin I love my cheese. Well, I'm going to make this short. I'm feeling sick and that is not good. I'm going to take my son to my Mom's and come home and sleep some before work. If I get sick T Day will have to be postponed and I don't want to do that so I need to get better. I wish I didn't have to work. Blah!! I hope everyone is having a great Saturday so far!!

BeachKitty
11-20-2011, 03:03 AM
I haven't posted in a while... life is busy this time of year! I have a cheese problem as well. Also speaking of cheese I had Subway tonight and freaked out halfway through my sub because somehow a small piece of cheese had made it in my sandwich! I was wondering why that particular bite tasted better than the last haha.

On a happy note, I'm a week away from my first major goal of being OP for more than 75 days! Super excited ^_^

sassyangies
11-20-2011, 11:30 AM
BeachKitty how are you doing other than that? I would've freaked out too. haha.. Does taste delicous though right. I've been allowing myself a little cheese a day so that I don't feel deprived!!

I hope everyone is doing good! I'm excited to say I'm doing great feeling great (other than a little cold I'm fighting off). I just can't believe that I'm still feeling like it was the first week and I'm in it for the long haul. Thanks to you ladies and my own mind being made up that 2012 is my last year of being fat!
Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!!

36/70

JOLINA
11-21-2011, 11:52 AM
I lost another 1/2 pound last week.
I have slowed my weight loss way down. I raised my calories last week, and my cold is almost gone now.
I sure hope I don't gain this week, with all the shopping and cooking I have to do.

Let's hope we all can stay on plan, or at least not gain this coming week!

:hun:

May your stuffing be tasty
And your turkey be plump,
May your potatoes and gravy
have nary a lump.
May your yams be delicious
Your pies take the prize,
May your Thanksgiving dinner
stay off of your thighs!
~ Unknown ~

sassyangies
11-21-2011, 12:20 PM
Jolina I here ya.. I do not want to gain this year. I always gain on Thanksgiving.. But I am vowing to stay on plan. I plan on eating more than I am now, but not going overboard. I still am not going to drink any calories so no egg nog for me and I still am going to have my fruit for breakfast and probably just veggies for lunch so I can have a good dinner.

Things are going good here. My work week is over. I went a little overboard last night at work on the snacking, but still nowhere where I used to snack so I'm ok with that. I love Thanksgiving and I can't wait to enjoy my family here at my house.

Madame Souza
11-21-2011, 09:46 PM
I had a talk with one of my co workers. She said that some of the other people at work were going to start a weight loss pool and try and loose weight next year. She said that I had inspired them to do it. I am so excited that they are getting healthier and that because they saw me doing it, they decided that they could too. Here's hoping for a healthier workplace next year!

sassyangies
11-22-2011, 10:11 AM
yes madame, That would be awesome! I bet that feels good to have them want to do it because of you.

Welll, I feel like my cold is coming back. I thought I was in the clear, but now my nose is back to being runny then stuffed and back and forth, my cough is coming back, Im short of breath.. Blah!!! I just emailed my Dr. so hopefully she doesn't tell me to come in. I haven't been to the Dr. since I gained the last 50 pounds or so of my weight and I didn't want to go back until I lost 50 pounds because I'm ashamed of gaining all that weight. Well, I'm gonna try and go back to bed when my son goes to school and when he comes home and takes a nap. I need to get better before Thanksgiving.
Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!!

36/70

JOLINA
11-27-2011, 07:22 PM
I didn't lose any weight at all last week. My Thanksgiving dinner was to blame, plus all the delicious left overs.
But I didn't gain any weight either, so it's OK.
:)

I hope to lose a few more pounds before Christmas. Then I have to contend with my Christmas dinner.
:hohoho:

Then New Years!

Here's hoping all of us can show a little loss during the Holiday Season!
:hat:

sassyangies
11-29-2011, 10:43 AM
Hi everyone!! Well, I'm back. My cold did come back and it ended up being pneumonia. So it took me out of comission for a few days and I gained a pound through all of it. I think I could of avoided it, but I was too lazy to make my food and I was taking care of myself, so I didn't have anyone to do it for me. So I'm back on track (hopefully) and ready to loose the rest of my 30 pounds by Christmas.. I hope everyone is having a great week so far.. Not too many posts in here lately!

Jolina your doing great and I'm sure you'll make your goal by Christmas. WE can do this!!

43/70

linJber
12-02-2011, 07:35 PM
Well, my computer is back to it's old wonderful self. And with Thanksgiving behind us, we all have to get back to our wonderful selves and keep on plan through the end of the year. I did pretty well over Thanksgiving, especially since I spent 6 days away from home visiting relatives. Wed and Mon were spent driving almost 500 miles to get to central MA and back. Thurs - Sun were spent with several cousins. We are all fantastic cooks and there was no shortage of good food, most of which was actually healthy. Not sure the pies fall into "healthy," but most of it was. I decided to break my new "no weighing" rule because of the Thanksgiving challenge. I was 161 the Wed before Thanksgiving and 162 the Wed after. Not so bad. The first Wed in December will be my official once a month maintenance weigh in and I'm hoping to be between 160 and 161.

I hope everyone has been doing well with the planning that goes into the upcoming holidays. Let's try to remember the real reason we even celebrate these holidays and that friends and family are more important than the food, drinks, gifts, or any other aspect of the season. Let's also remember that this is traditionally a time for preparation and try to change how we look at food and the other temptations around us. Prepare our hearts and minds to accept the new attitude that goes with our new personalities and new looks. There is a lot of adjusting to be done, and I think it's important to remember that while we lose and especially while we try to maintain.

I appreciate all of you, my 3fc friends, more than you'll ever know. I hope this last month of 2011 is great for all of us.

Lin

JOLINA
12-04-2011, 12:18 PM
sassyangies , I hope you are feeling better. It took quite a while for my cold to go away.
Lin, you are doing great with the weight loss and maintenance!

I managed to lose 1 pound last week, so I sure hope I can lose more by the end of the year.

Madame Souza
12-04-2011, 11:39 PM
I feel like I haven't checked in for awhile. I am still on plan and it feels like I am trudging away. Does anyone know if cold weather slows down the metabolism? It sure feels like it here.
I read that slimmer people eat slower and less calories per min. I don't remember where I read this but it reminded my of Lin saying eat like a thin person. I also heard the advice that you should not be the first person to start eating or the first person to finish eating. I have started to watch my boyfriend eat. Today we had a whole wheat pasta dish for dinner and I watched what he did instead of shoveling food into my mouth. He picked things out with his fork individually. I had been scooping things up willy nilly. I tried it just to see how it was. It was actually sort of fun and meditative.
I have also been eating oranges with my lunch. Peeling them takes time and makes me concentrate on my food. I noticed feeling fuller after this. I think I am going to try foods that I have to work at or pick at.
I don't even know where I am going with all this, just some things
food related things I am thinking about.

linJber
12-05-2011, 10:12 AM
Souza - I think you discovered some very valid and important facts. Eating should be enjoyed. I realized a long time ago that I eat differently when I'm alone than when with others. Now I try to eat like I'm with others. If you had judged what I might weigh by how much you actually saw me eat, you would have been way off. It was my "private" eating that put on the pounds.

I think we're less active in the winter and that is why we feel sluggish. We actually burn more calories to maintain a normal body temp so that blows a hole in your theory! I read once that shivering actually burns calories. Too bad we can't blame it on winter! LOL

sassyangies
12-05-2011, 10:50 AM
Madame I kinda have been doing the same thing. I haven't been counting calories or anything just been adding a whole bunch of veggies and fruits and cutting my portions on everything else. So eating the orange with your lunch is a great idea because it will feel you up with hardly any calories. I know that helps me because I am a quantity person and I feel deprived if I don't have a big serving of food so I just make that serving bigger with the veggie and fruit. Seems to be working so far. Now I just have to work on the mental side of things that make me want to overeat all the other bad stuff. I cannot have just a little even if I allow myself to have a little chocolate I end up eating all of it, same goes with my weak foods like Mac N cheese, any cheese for that matter.. I seem to have to stay away from these foods alltogether. They are big trouble for me. Ok I'm ranting. Well, it's good to see you Madame glad your still around and it looks like your doing well!

49/70

sassyangies
12-05-2011, 10:55 AM
Hi Lin good to see you again. Yeh that would be great if we could blame winter. I wish I could blame anyone, but myself. Haha.. My sister likes to blame my parents. I think she will never loose the weight if she doesn't come to terms with that. I know they had allot to do with my choices when I lived there and I know they are to blame for not teaching us the right way to eat, but doesn't there come a time in your life when you have to take care of yourself and you have to be responsible for what you do to yourself? I think that we are to blame now because we are adults and we know better now. It's just hard to change lifelong patterns.

I hope everyone has a great Monday!!! I am excited to watch my news and my two talk shows while my son is at school. The weekend was exhausting!!

linJber
12-08-2011, 07:33 PM
Since this is a challenge, I'll post my "first Wednesday of the month" weight. I stayed the same as last month - 161. So, 2 months of maintenance are done. Only about 480 more to go! Well, maybe I'll slack off after I hit 100 years old!

Lin

JOLINA
12-11-2011, 10:52 AM
I am trying to get through this Holiday Season without gaining.
I lost one more pound last week by sticking to my plan.
:smug:

Here's hoping we can all lose weight during the Holiday Season!

:xcheer:

It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air.
~ W. T. Ellis ~

sassyangies
12-11-2011, 11:14 AM
Hey ladies,
I hope were all doing good and working towards our goals. I was so nervous last week because I wasn't feeling it and ready to quit. Even though I kept loosing weight my mind wasn't in it and that's when I usually give up, but I kept at it and kept coming on here to get support and I feel like I'm back and still loosing. So here's to another week.

55/70

Madame Souza
12-11-2011, 11:43 AM
I am working towards my goals. I have some challenges next week to pay attention to. Holiday party on Wednesday, going to the city Saturday and Sunday. I will stay on plan for both those things.
Does anyone have good tips for holiday party eating to share?

linJber
12-12-2011, 05:12 PM
Sousa - here's the short version of holiday eating advice: DON'T!

Actually, I'm going to try to take it one meal/situation at a time. I've had lots of occasions in 2011 to realize I can do it if I want to. We ALL can. Just try to remember that the food has no special control and it's the company we keep not the food we eat that makes a gathering special. I'm going to remind myself that the first bite of something is probably the one that tastes the best so 1 should be enough of anything. It all sounds like a good and easy plan. We'll have to see how it actually plays out!

Good luck to all of us as we count down to the end of the year.

Lin

BeachKitty
12-13-2011, 12:03 AM
I haven't been posting in this thread lately and I feel bad. Life getting in the way & such. I'll try to be better about it since we're on the final stretch. I had a very weak spaghetti moment when I made it for the family last week (worst trigger for me). As I was putting away leftovers I had every intention of just having some the next day. Luckily I came to my senses the next morning.

Lin- That was absolutely perfect advice about the holidays. I'm going to follow it myself except I'll take out the one bite option until I'm safely maintaining :)

Madame Souza
12-13-2011, 01:16 AM
Yeah, that 's what I thought Lin. I do like the 1 bite idea.
I did find some other ideas, like take gum or breath mints and eat those before the meal so you don't have appetizers and after you are finished so you don't keep picking at the food, Only eat the really special things you can't get during other parts of the year. Try and get to the buffet last so the food is picked over and unappetizing looking. I think that's my favorite one so far. I will let you all know how I did. It's a company Christmas party thing and I am not sure there will be many vegetarian options so that rules some of the foods out for me. I have been told that there will be something for the vegetarians to eat but am worried it will be pasta with some cheesy sauce.
Beach Kitty- I find that as the challenge goes on, I am posting less on the thread too.

linJber
12-13-2011, 10:53 AM
I like the tip to be last in line so things are picked over and don't look so good. Trouble is, that never stopped me in the past!

I do believe in allowing one bite of something if it won't trigger a feeding frenzy. Good luck to all of us. I think the posting slows down because we are all very busy this time of year. I'll bet January is jumping in here, but now is when we need the support the most. Let's just hang in here together. I feel like I could really come undone in the next few weeks if I'm not careful.

Lin

sassyangies
12-13-2011, 04:18 PM
Hi guys.. Just checking in. I hope everyone is having a great week. I'm having a nice week. I need to make my candy and cookies this week so I'm hoping I can get through it without gaining. I also have a girls night out tonight so hopefully I can make it through that as well. I think I can. They know my progress and they support me.
So heres so a great week. Were almost to the end of this challenge!!

Madame Souza
12-15-2011, 01:11 AM
Ok, I am back from my holiday party. I did good! I passed on the bread on the table, the mashed potatoes and the dessert! I just had some pasta and some salad, a reasonable portion of each. AND... I won a coffee maker in the raffle!!
I pulled my own name in a starbucks gift card raffle also but was too embarrassed to take it.

linJber
12-15-2011, 09:01 AM
Way to go Souza! And not taking the Starbucks gift card was a nice "holiday spirit" gesture. I like it when things get spread around at parties.

Now we all need to follow your good example and make great choices at all our gatherings. Keep it up! It sure helps me if I think I have to answer to someone, so we can all help each other be accountable.

Everyone at work goes to lunch together (the bosses pay) at Pizza Hut the last day we work before Christmas. I'm hoping the fact that everyone will be keeping an eye on my plate just to see how I do keeps me in the salad line and not the pizza line! Pizza Hut isn't even my favorite pizza and I'm stressing a bit over this lunch! Iceberg lettuce salad isn't my favorite, either, but I'll manage for one meal. There really aren't a lot of good choices at Pizza Hut. This year of changing my eating habits has been an eye-opener in the fast food department.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Lin

sassyangies
12-15-2011, 10:54 AM
Good job Souza and I hope I can follow your lead. My weight stayed the same this week and I know it's because we ate out too much. I'm not going to stress over it, but re-evaluate what I'm eating and see what's going on. Also see what's bothering my feet and back this week. I feel sore all over and not sure why. This week has been so busy for us. Plus now I'm starting to make my candy and cookies and I know I can make it through this without gaining. I depated not making them at all, but I just love giving it away to people ya know.

I lost track of the days.. But were pretty close to the end of this challenge right?? Yay I honestly was like yeh at the end of this I probably won't be in it still. but I'm still here and super excited that I've lasted this long.

Madame Souza
12-15-2011, 11:24 AM
Part of it was I wanted to come back here and post a success for you all! It does help to be accountable. I did feel sort of stressed and was proud of not stress eating the bread at the table before the meal. I knew if I had one, it would lead to another and another.
Lin, I also felt like people were watching to see what I ate but I was ok with that.It did help.
We can all do this!!! We are strong, we won't let Christmas deter our healthy eating! And if we do, we will get back on track the next meal and be ok!

BeachKitty
12-18-2011, 01:47 AM
Souza- congrats on avoiding the stress eating, it may seem small but every small success is a big deal!

I'm happy to report my family is having ham for Christmas dinner, which is great news for me. I absolutely hate pork, especially ham. Now I can eat pretty much anything I want without complaints from family members :)

JOLINA
12-18-2011, 08:08 PM
I just came back from a holiday gathering.
I ate just one Christmas cookie and nothing else.... Talk about will power.

And I did manage to lose one more pound during the week.
I hope we can all continue with losing or maintaining until the end of this year!